PDA

View Full Version : Voice Chat!

Helicopter
01-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Ive seen a lot of games with voice chat,and seemed very nice. First,you get to talk to your friends all the time! Second,Misspelling words is not a problem anymore! And Lastly, This is a better way to socially connect or bond to new people.
So, I mapped out the Details of this :P
-Voice Chat can only be activated if you are in a party of 3 or more.
-There will be a button to "Start Voice Chat" which will send a request to the current players in the party.
-Once the request is sent, the members will see a box much like how it is when you send a request for Party.
-There will be TWO buttons, "Accept" and "Decline".
-If you chose "Accept" , You will be connected to the chat.
-You won't hear anything unless More than 3 players have accepted the request.
-If you chose "Decline" , you will not hear the chat, nor will they hear you.
-Once you accept it will add 2 new buttons to the screen. One of them being "Mute Chat" , which will mute the chat you're hearing and your're mic. And the other button being "Leave Chat" which is self explanatory.

Tell me what you think! :D

Anarchist
01-17-2014, 02:42 AM
I used to play a game where guild was everything and chosing the correct faction meant life or death. Having the right friends meant life or death and anywhere was a good place to have a fight.

Many guilds required that every member should know each other through SKYPE and voicehatting devices.
I made so many friends through that game damn. We used to do videochats of 10-20 people while playing it was awesome.

After leaving the game most of the people i knew there are still my friends and we still hear from each other.

This is the basic of mmorpg interacting with a online community and knowing new people.

Back from memories

Incorporating a voicehatting system ingame will take a lot of work, i prefer devs to work on new expansions events pets ecc.

To voicechat you can do that through fb, skype and many other app dedicated to this. :)

Ebezaanec
01-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Oh god.. So many trolls will emerge

X29798
01-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Team work is based on communication. Voice chat is essential for elite. It let people share their strategies, lessen elite deaths or quitting and remove unnecessary difficulty with random parties.

People want to play not type. Very few people type anything in maps. The solution is using voice chat to play and communicate at the same time.

Trolls can be muted and reported.

Zylx
01-18-2014, 03:00 PM
-1. Here's why:
The language barrier in AL is so thin. There'll be many people with hard-to-understand accents/languages. Unless you can find someone who uses the same language and accent as you, it would be pretty hard to cooperate well together. And a voice chat might alter server space and performance because STS will need to add a voice transmission feature to the system, and with so much audio data being transferred between the players, it could result in the server constantly having too much to handle, resulting in many dc's and terrible lag and we're already suffering from them. This game would not support very many devices if not all. There would also be no censorship to the chat, so bullying, trolling, etc would become a problem, even if it gets reported. It would be a pretty cool feature if these issues werent apparent.

Zynzyn
01-19-2014, 01:57 AM
-1. Here's why:
many dc's and terrible lag .....would not support very many devices if not all........no censorship to the chat, so bullying, trolling, etc would become a problem, even if it gets reported.

I agree. Children play this game too and we would not want them hearing all that trolls have to say. Abusive language on text can be screen-shotted to report but not when its on voice. We dont really need voice here. STS devs can work on other more important stuff. To coordinate with your team and friends you could use skype or other such voice platforms while playing, if you wish.