PDA

View Full Version : Receiving all patches at every fresh log in

Zynzyn
01-17-2014, 04:10 AM
I have tried using the latest version of Google Chrome and I have tried switching to an older version like 25.
Since the most recent AL update, all the patches (11 of them and then 48 of them) are being downloaded at every fresh login.
Moreover, the option to click EDIT and enter spacetime account email to save login accounts isnt working anymore. The login info isnt getting saved and neither the patches. Is it a bug?

PS: If the chrome cache didnt work it would not automatically load to 100% I guess.The game loads fine till 100% but after signing in it is the patches that download every single time. I have made no changes which could have brought about this problem. This issue started on its own a couple of days ago after the content update. 2014-01-15 Content Update (138122)

Hoardseeker
01-17-2014, 04:17 AM
Use accept Cache

Samhayne
01-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah, are you in Incognito Mode where your browser isn't caching? It needs to be able to cache to store the patch files, otherwise you'll have to re-download the patch every time you play.

Madnex
01-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I've experienced this before.

If any of the packs or patches is corrupted/modified, it will redownload it (or 2-3 packs). I honestly can't think of what could cause such a chain effect to redownload everything. This could be a rare case that some issue that appeared when downloading the new patch is not being fixed by redownloading it from that point (after update).

Clear cache, cookies and reinstall the game.

papu
01-18-2014, 10:17 AM
looks like your chrome user profile had damage, I've experienced this before and i found the solution, read this link (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142059)
after u have finish ur AL patch update, backup your profile simply by copy it's folder :)
Hope can fix ur problem :)

Itoopeo
01-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Yeah, are you in Incognito Mode where your browser isn't caching? It needs to be able to cache to store the patch files, otherwise you'll have to re-download the patch every time you play.

Woah you are a dev now! Congratz for your promotion!

Zynzyn
01-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Thanks everyone for the solutions. Problem fixed. Thread can be closed.