PDA

View Full Version : Double SuperGem Chance Weekend! Upgrade Your Items in Arcane Legends!

Samhayne
01-17-2014, 11:24 AM

If you're going to upgrade your gear, now's a good time! This weekend, double chance to upgrade to a SuperGem! Event ends Monday Jan 20.

In order for the upgrade to have a double chance, the timer for the upgrade must complete during the double odd event.

Kakatoa91
01-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Oh cool!

Well I hope Ill b lucky for a change.

Energizeric
01-17-2014, 05:52 PM
So far my success rate in super gems is 0% in about 80 tries. 0% x 2 = ??? Still zip.

No complaint here though, I like things that are rare, but no I won't be doing any upgrades this weekend. But I'm more than happy to sell gems for super high prices to those who want to try. :)

Int
01-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Finally I'll have a better chance at those super gems after 100 trys

Alfai
01-18-2014, 02:59 AM
I really think 12hrs is a bit too much for upgrades.you are talking half the day for players to upgrade.and for those looking to maximize this event u r talking about 4attempts.

Can this be reviewed.I honestly think 6hours sound better than 12hrs.tkg into account the demographic of players.

Prahasit Prahi
01-18-2014, 03:03 AM
I really think 12hrs is a bit too much for upgrades.you are talking half the day for players to upgrade.and for those looking to maximize this event u r talking about 4attempts.

Can this be reviewed.I honestly think 6hours sound better than 12hrs.tkg into account the demographic of players.

Yea almost 4 to 5 attempts only we can do
and already one attempt done upgraded all 5 items didn't get even one supergem I think for me I need a Triple 3x event to get supergems :p

Legendproject
01-18-2014, 03:28 AM
Will the new update can upgrade wep to 41 or not if not ill quit game ;(

Jig
01-18-2014, 04:09 AM
Nice, doubt I'll get anywhere with that... btw sam why change name to red? you seem scary now

jlmunoz
01-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Well 2x chance with 5x price of gems increase = 1/2x real deal... lol
I think we need essence drop rate increased the week before for this to work... or we are at the mercs will...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

jlmunoz
01-18-2014, 04:49 AM
Oh I'm sorry you want to sell some essence. .. my bad

famousfame
01-18-2014, 06:25 AM
Let me get this right, You want us to spend gold and plats to get supers on gear that's soon to become redundant and has lost nearly half its value from when you announced lvl expansion, hmm.

I agree if current Mythic/Arcane gear gets beat by new gear ill quit game, enough is enough.

abihakim
01-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Wowww

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

utpal
01-18-2014, 07:34 AM
y only super gems? y no love to grand gems

Jig
01-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Let me get this right, You want us to spend gold and plats to get supers on gear that's soon to become redundant and has lost nearly half its value from when you announced lvl expansion, hmm.

I agree if current Mythic/Arcane gear gets beat by new gear ill quit game, enough is enough.

Please my this go away please mythics go away i biggest nub

Mastereven
01-18-2014, 09:23 AM
I wish that tomorrow arcane legend moderator release double exp week. I really hope that week will come.

Zlolouux
01-18-2014, 09:26 AM
thank you :-)

MoloToha
01-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Got 2 supergems from 4 pieces of equipment. Big thanks to STS for this chance to slightly increase my stats :-)

Shockerest
01-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Thank you to the moderators for all these Mythic weekend SuperGem week.

Gorecaster
01-18-2014, 11:40 AM
I just upgraded 10 items, no super. But why all the complaining people? If any of you are really considering quitting the game over gears or expansions, then you should just quit now. This game is not for you. Go back to platform gaming where you can control everything at your pace and roll the end credits for your satisfaction. This game will be in a constant growth pattern and let's face it, that's what we like about this game. How fun would it be to just have a bunch of capped toons running around elites and undercutting each other in cs w no noobs to buy the loot? The game draws in new players everyday, in turn the game needs to grow or it would become completely irrelevant like every one of last years console titles. AL will not collect dust. Grow or go.

Hercules
01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
ugly -_- i bought yesterday 6 gems and today opened and 0 super gem , what it is? 2 - 2000 chace?

Hercules
01-18-2014, 01:24 PM
sorry but i each day no believe more in this double odds :(

Animatic
01-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Does this apply to tarlok gems because I'm on upgrade 3 with full station no super/grand

Gorecaster
01-18-2014, 01:54 PM
you guys act like double odds is a lockdown for you to super gem all ur gear in a few days. Not the case. How many supers did you get before this weekend?

Madnex
01-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Already mentioned in the other thread about this update, but this is weird. While I had a nice 8 grand glacials out of roughly around 1000 platinum, for tarlok gems the successful grands remain at.. one. For the same amount of platinum and after this many attempts, I believe something is off about the double odds on tarlok gems.

I'll request results from anyone who crafted over 50 times. In game, I asked around and it seemed like other people are facing the same problem. It's really an issue with the prices of tarlok gems being 5-6 times higher than the normal ones.

Imjebus
01-18-2014, 03:07 PM
you guys act like double odds is a lockdown for you to super gem all ur gear in a few days. Not the case. How many supers did you get before this weekend?

0 out of 100+ gems. I'm not necessarily lucky when it comes to super gems xD

Animatic
01-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Yeah I've upgraded 250 pieces of equipment with tarlok only 1super so far (before weekend) have done another 15 this weekend no luck yet :/

Anniestar
01-18-2014, 08:08 PM
I can try to upgrade 2 times on 3 item.
The upgrade will be done att night. In daytime I want to use my gear so I dont want them to be locked during upgrade.
And then at night i try upgrading again.
Lets hope some of them will be a grand update.

During this event it should be nice to at least half the time it takes to replace gem.
12 hours is a long time. And during that time there is no use play. I have no awesome second gear to use. Maybe a smelly helmet and a rusty staff.

Gorecaster
01-18-2014, 09:27 PM
I feel like some lose sight of the fact that gems, even grand gems are only a slight increase in stats. Whats +9 int vs +18 int really adding to ur stats? Maybe 3 dmg? How about str? 30 hp? Its cool but its not like its a gamechanger. Gem the stuff while sleeping and just have fun. And you see my point that you guys have had dismal luck w super gems, so this weekend is just dbl dismal. Good luck though, we all need it.

Madnex
01-18-2014, 10:05 PM
It's a conspiracy! Today tarlok gems seemed to have a much improved success rate while glacials didn't! Again 1k plat and 2 mythic items to grand bond, done with around 150 plat left.

And yes, unless you make grand gems on the full item the difference is hardly seen. But if you do every myth you wear, it's a pretty neat boost. No, it's still not worth the gold and platinum I spent in it but now it feels completed.

Good luck to the rest out there! Success rates fluctuate at 10%, don't give up just yet! :)

Deadly69
01-18-2014, 10:32 PM
3 times upgrade of 4 items still no super gems

Alfai
01-19-2014, 04:03 AM
Double chance no longer works.time for triple.bring in on sts!

Limsi
01-19-2014, 05:03 AM
Upgraded 5 random items and turned out to be all super gems.

stolix
01-19-2014, 05:09 AM
double chance ? is it really? I've already changed hundreds gems and nothing. Even this event (double chance) does not help to get a supergem.

Prahasit Prahi
01-19-2014, 05:16 AM

limyy ur too lucky today:)

U won the 10 platinum too :)
Lucky day open some locks lol xD

Limsi
01-19-2014, 05:29 AM
limyy ur too lucky today:)

U won the 10 platinum too :)
Lucky day open some locks lol xD

Haha seems like but unfortunately I don't open crates (platless) mahaha

Anniestar
01-19-2014, 05:40 AM

WOW, what can I say.
CONGRATULATION. :)

I hope that some of my upgrade will be with super gem. I have 3 in process right now. Complete in 2 hour.

IGN Warrior: Anniestar
IGN Mage: Anniemage

fritzce
01-19-2014, 06:57 AM
this is great, i've been upgrading my myth armor, ring and fang that is all on it's last slot for being full super gemmed for a week before this event, and now i'm only waiting for that last slot on armor to be fully super gemmed. thanks to this event. :D

Limsi
01-19-2014, 07:28 AM
WOW, what can I say.
CONGRATULATION. :)

I hope that some of my upgrade will be with super gem. I have 3 in process right now. Complete in 2 hour.

IGN Warrior: Anniestar
IGN Mage: Anniemage

best wishes. tell me the results!

Ixyris
01-19-2014, 10:23 AM
I got 1 super gem at first attempt :-)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Kakashis
01-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Did many many upgrads! Nothing :(

Nitamana
01-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Seem like this follow the same pattern of luck related triggering, i. e, loot rerolling, loot dropping, essence dropping, and locked crate opening. The success rate of good events is bursting. I have experienced 9 of 10 rerolling from killing Jarls with free reroll and lepre (which turn out to be 1/1000 chance of happening.) On the other hand, there are many time that the rerolling rate is much lower than the 40% (especially when I get a 1-hour full set of elixirs.) This behavier seems like a bug to me. The success of an event need to be truly random.

Back to the supergem chance, I would suggest that if you have tens of item being upgraded, complete many of them only when you get some bursting luck... (like what lymsy has gotten)

Anniestar
01-19-2014, 02:07 PM
:(
I had three item in upgrade tonight.
Mythic Helm
Mythic Armor
Firesquid
Zero supergem.
Second and last try tonight.

Since it takes 12 hour for each replace there is no way that we could get supergem in each slot.
Well, not without paying with plat of course.

This event is a little frustrating i must admit.
The time it takes to replace should of course be much shorter during the event.

Khylan
01-19-2014, 04:52 PM
I was able to get 5/6 ( Already was 1/6...36 mythic armor set) super gems this weekend. I paid to bypass timer...for me it seemed anything past 5 timer bypasses a day lead to diminished returns. Friday gemmed 2 slots / 15 tries, Sat 2/5 and Sunday 2/5. I know its supposed to be random, but for re-gemming if I limit myself to 5 tries per day my luck is pretty good..even before the "odds doubling" if I didn't hit early I never would that day.

Mayer86
01-19-2014, 06:55 PM
59309I just wanna post something what just happen to me minutes ago...here pic tells more than words

Kreasadriii
01-19-2014, 07:21 PM
100 trys? -__-

Zheogev
01-20-2014, 01:19 AM
what is the point to upgrade on existing items since we are going to level 41?

we should just wait for level 41 and then do the upgrade

becky_xil
01-20-2014, 01:39 AM
Upgrading 8 item in everyday and manage get 1 grand.. Thanks ya

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Wanther
01-20-2014, 01:57 AM
well i dnt think so h=this work even the double odds for Whim egg only few got it......and another thing lockeds is really hard to get these days i dont know why

Exeol
01-20-2014, 02:41 AM
same with whim double odds still nothing...same as lockeds also very hard to get........ I have no cance of getting super gems and it will be over soon but still nothing..really need super gems for good stats

Exeol
01-20-2014, 02:42 AM
I opened hundred lockeds before in double odds of whim but still nothing same as this double odds with SUPERGEMS what a waste :(

Anniestar
01-20-2014, 04:28 AM
Just wasted 24 hours on my gears and got zero super gem.
TY STS.
<irony>I am very happy to not been able to play during this great event.</irony>

iamgrim
01-20-2014, 06:15 AM
i burned 100k for gems already but got 1 grand gem.. wtf?

ladymage
01-20-2014, 12:34 PM
I got 1 grand gem. All with the gem I crafted my self. Bought one gem last night, not sure if it will work before the end of event.

Aliliam
01-20-2014, 01:47 PM
This event works for me. probably 1 per 8 upgrades works. I upgraded my rings and dev bow and it seems to work. Ofcourse not all tries works, but the odds did get better.

Cero
01-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Pls wait, my gem upgrade will be completed in 30mins
Ty

Kakashis
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Nothing! Went through 30+ tries!

Oedid
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
90 upgrades this weekend. 1 supergem. I don't even like to count it on account of the fact that I've done approx 150 upgrades before the weekend and never got a supergem until now. It was due...

in short - approx 250/1 odds since gems were released for me

Hydenco
01-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Thank you STS for double odd event I managed to upgrade my mythic armor +3+6+6 and helm +3+6+6. Good Job!!!!

Alfai
01-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Hmm.how many hours from my post before event ends? I still have 11hrs to go.if its ending within that imma cancel it.

Prahasit Prahi
01-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Hmm.how many hours from my post before event ends? I still have 11hrs to go.if its ending within that imma cancel it.

there's almost 12-14hrs from now
may be more also
12hrs remaining minimum

Sheener
01-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Oedid u r very unlucky. Before the event I was getting an average of 1 per 20 upgrades. I did maybe 500

Alfai
01-20-2014, 10:29 PM
there's almost 12-14hrs from now
may be more also
12hrs remaining minimum

Tq.and it shall remain in the oven then.hoping for some luck.

Spell
01-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Finally full super gems on my rouge and 3 away on my mage =p
Odds aren't to bad on supers IMO
Just keep trying!

P.s no plats spent upgrading =) all patience .

Prahasit Prahi
01-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Tq.and it shall remain in the oven then.hoping for some luck.

Good luck

Madnex
01-21-2014, 12:50 AM
Just a tip here, there are no level or account restrictions on leveling your armor. I found it efficient to level my second set on an alt simultaneously with my main set on my main account. Several similar workarounds exist. :)

jlmunoz
01-21-2014, 03:12 AM
I guess I'll say if was a botched try.. oops... mho do more essences drops or kill it...

jlmunoz
01-21-2014, 03:14 AM
Life goes on... :)

stolix
01-21-2014, 04:06 AM
Since the event has started I have already changed 24 gems and nothing got. So unlucky :(

phillyr
01-21-2014, 06:48 AM
I dislike the"upgrade"system that was implemented from the get go. imho It's a super flawed system that only fully benefits one class

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CrushOverride
01-21-2014, 10:31 AM
So let me get this straight, you put out new gems that are no longer craftable, we all jump on these new gems and load up our gear ( not one single exceptional gem for me btw ) then you announced a new expansion with new lvl cap ( dumb idea imo, should be new content and area without new lvl cap) so our tarlok gems we worked so hard to put in our gear will now be obsolete ss our gear will be replaced with new expansion gear. Then you do a double odds on exceptional gems weekend (0-20 for me so far, have never in 200 gems got a + 6 gem, thanks for nothing) only to have people blowing plats and gold on gems in a rush to gem gear that will be replaced in a month... stupid, of course unless the boost in plat sales is all you care about. WHy not wait to do double chance weekend AFTER expansion when it would make sense to resocket items?

Zyphruss
01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Thank you STG for this! I'm a non plat user and I got atleast 5 supergems since double chance started. I upgraded the whole weekend, until now. Sometimes i got +3 to all gear i put. I just try and try, wait and be patient. Hope for atleast 1 will be super gem.

I know there's still a high chance to get a +3 which is quite disappointing but it's the flow of the game so let it be.

Nagin
01-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Got 6 super, thx sts now my twink owns the game!

Ixyris
01-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Sts, when is the new update? I quit to upgrade stuff because I was afraid to not be able to complete them.
Please tell us when double chance end

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Hydenco
01-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Thanks again STS my mythic armor and helm are fully grand gem...

Madnex
01-21-2014, 11:14 PM
So let me get this straight, you put out new gems that are no longer craftable, we all jump on these new gems and load up our gear ( not one single exceptional gem for me btw ) then you announced a new expansion with new lvl cap ( dumb idea imo, should be new content and area without new lvl cap) so our tarlok gems we worked so hard to put in our gear will now be obsolete ss our gear will be replaced with new expansion gear. Then you do a double odds on exceptional gems weekend (0-20 for me so far, have never in 200 gems got a + 6 gem, thanks for nothing) only to have people blowing plats and gold on gems in a rush to gem gear that will be replaced in a month... stupid, of course unless the boost in plat sales is all you care about. WHy not wait to do double chance weekend AFTER expansion when it would make sense to resocket items?
New expansion gear is not going to surpass the current mythics until mythic upgrade quests are out in the end of next month.

You can realize that this event was focused on platinum users since 3 days don't leave many chances to repeatedly craft. I think for anyone with clean gear this was an opportunity to full it while having the chance to beef it up a little extra.

They already put out double egg odds weekend and it's too early for double exp weekend (which will come closer to the update). Since it was the first time we had an event of this type, you can't expect everything to be perfect.

Next time maybe they'll make it triple grand bond odds or smaller crafting times. Overall it was experimental and not very helpful for the majority but it was still fun.

Jig
01-22-2014, 12:51 AM
New expansion gear is not going to surpass the current mythics until mythic upgrade quests are out in the end of next month.

You can realize that this event was focused on platinum users since 3 days don't leave many chances to repeatedly craft. I think for anyone with clean gear this was an opportunity to full it while having the chance to beef it up a little extra.

They already put out double egg odds weekend and it's too early for double exp weekend (which will come closer to the update). Since it was the first time we had an event of this type, you can't expect everything to be perfect.

Next time maybe they'll make it triple grand bond odds or smaller crafting times. Overall it was experimental and not very helpful for the majority but it was still fun.

Oh, will they make a double exp weekend before 41 you reckon? I hope so, to lvl my rogue up :D

Alfai
01-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Oh, will they make a double exp weekend before 41 you reckon? I hope so, to lvl my rogue up :D

Based on the trend yes.will be right before expansion release.

Thanks sts for the event.short but sweet.

Alfai
01-22-2014, 01:41 AM
I dislike the"upgrade"system that was implemented from the get go. imho It's a super flawed system that only fully benefits one class

I don't think so.upgrade system is essential as improvement in this game.and f2p and paid customers are given the choice.the random luck does not benefit plat users.I know many who have spent more than 1k but still no luck.

I don't use plats for upgrades.if I can't wait for the upgrade ill buy off cs.basically there's few options here.either one will cost you.if you choose to wait then your time is spent.

My only issue with upgrade is the hours which I think too long.many gamers would log off to wait as they feel better to play with upgraded gears rather than using normal gears.taking 12hrs time off game is pretty long imo.6hrs sounds fair considering diff backgroubd of playets from kids to adults.

Jig
01-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Based on the trend yes.will be right before expansion release.

Thanks sts for the event.short but sweet.

Yeah what I think to, they always did it in Pocket Legends, why not here. :)

phillyr
01-22-2014, 07:16 AM
I don't think so.upgrade system is essential as improvement in this game.and f2p and paid customers are given the choice.the random luck does not benefit plat users.I know many who have spent more than 1k but still no luck.

I don't use plats for upgrades.if I can't wait for the upgrade ill buy off cs.basically there's few options here.either one will cost you.if you choose to wait then your time is spent.

My only issue with upgrade is the hours which I think too long.many gamers would log off to wait as they feel better to play with upgraded gears rather than using normal gears.taking 12hrs time off game is pretty long imo.6hrs sounds fair considering diff backgroubd of playets from kids to adults.

I think it could be an improvement, but I don't think it benefits all classes equally. More often than not rogue class will choose dex gem for added damage esp AS. An added 18 dex makes damage on rogue outstanding. Warrior adds blood gems. There's quite a few warriors with higher damage already than my mage or rogue. Their massive armor stacked with (because of blood gems) higher hp, and damage, dps. The blood gems benefit this class more than fire for rogue or glacial for mage. I can add blood gems to my mage but with the added damage from rogue with full fire gems plus the added damage and massive hp from warriors it has tipped the balance yet again away from mage in pvp. It was imo as close to balanced as it was gonna get at end game pvp b before crafting. Now after 3 1/2 Days of waiting I find out I'm an insta kill target soon as I enter the room. My point is, warriors get the full benefit +hp +dmg +dps, rogue gets a massive boost to AS and SP dmg but no real hp boost. Mages survivability has dwindled in pvp. Their extremely low armor and hp can't keep up with the new damage dealt. But it's jus from my experience and viewpoint. And yes. .. The waiting I hate the waiting also and refuse to waste money on something I find ridiculous in the first place

Madnex
01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
The gemming procedure and stats don't offer any unfair advantage to any class. For example, having three grand gems on an lvl36 item(+6 +6) is exactly as if you leveled up two times and put all your new stat points on your main attribute.

The real issue here was/is the unbalanced PvP. The strong point of sorcs is the large collection of root/stun skill effects. Well guess what happens when those are negated; while the other two classes can very well keep all of theirs. If icebolt was freezing and time shift was rooting or at least one of them, we wouldn't be getting pounded to cupcakes under 10 seconds.

And start using paragraphs or I'll send you the bill for the new pair of glasses.

rommi
03-08-2014, 03:46 AM
Make this event again before the expansion pls

Jig
03-08-2014, 03:54 AM
Maybe they cant ? I want expansion asap actually so..

rustygun
03-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Could we have this one repeat every month plz

Sent from my Huawei Y301A2 using Tapatalk