PDA

View Full Version : PL work with HTC G1 running 2.2?

DanielRH
11-25-2010, 01:51 AM
Hi,

Would pocket legends work with the android t-mobile htc g1?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
DanielRH

SwordOfWar
11-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Unless it has been overclocked, it will probably run slow. The G1 is a old phone.

DanielRH
11-25-2010, 02:45 AM
But it will atlesst run (even tho slow)?

Futumsh
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I think the G1 is an OpenGL ES 1.0 device, and we currently require 1.1, so it probably will not run.

shivan
03-20-2011, 09:36 AM
According to this document:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/OpenGL_ES#Usage
----------------------------------------------
OpenGL ES 1.1

* Supported by Android 1.6
----------------------------------------------
G1s, running 1.6, support the minimum OpenGL ES requirement (at least in software). Does Pocket Legends have a specific OpenGL ES 1.1 hardware support requirement?

Reason I ask is that I'm trying to get my old G1 up with PL for a friend to try. I installed Froyo 2.2, grabbed a PL apk, installed and ran, but the PL just hung until I got the "not responding, force close, wait" pop-up.
Is there something I'm not doing correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

adwin
04-01-2011, 07:11 PM
The G1 uses the old Imageon 3D chip. That's an OpenGL 1.0 common profile with limited OpenGL 1.1.
AFAIK, PL only references the v1 profile, but the devs might step in and post what GL extensions they are using. Cross reference that to your GL extensions from your graphic drivers (/system/lib/egl/) and you'll have an idea.
On a side note, even if you OC to 728 MHz, AND you manage to get PL to run, I seriously doubt that you will be able to pull off more that a few FPS.