PDA

View Full Version : New Expansion's PvP Room: Flagging Only!

Maunyabastian
01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Hello!

I was wondering, in the new expansion, I'd like to see a new PvP room.
And it'll be a flagging room!

Players should be divided to 2 teams, each teams have 4 or 5 players. (Need confirmation)
Each players don't need any equipments, but will wear the special costume for this room.
Equipments will be in the inventory.
No skills are allowed, in this arena we only run! Pets like Shiloh will be useful.
This is representing the ancient people, which like to run. :tongue:

This room will be like a labyrinth. Why? Because the new expansion will lead us to ancient time.
When we're in this room, we'll receive a map, showing the labyrinth.
There will be 25 red/blue (according to your team) glowing balls on that map, indicating the flags we should take.
When we took the flag, we should return it to our base.

Each teams can flag until 25 flags (Total: 50), and the 1st one will win.
There will be no KDR, but WLR = Win Lose Ratio.

And the arena should be called "The Ancient Labyrinth".

Leave comment please.
Thanks.

Jig
01-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Hello!

I was wondering, in the new expansion, I'd like to see a new PvP room.
And it'll be a flagging room!

Players should be divided to 2 teams, each teams have 4 or 5 players. (Need confirmation)
Each players don't need any equipments, but will wear the special costume for this room.
Equipments will be in the inventory.
No skills are allowed, in this arena we only run! Pets like Shiloh will be useful.
This is representing the ancient people, which like to run. :tongue:

This room will be like a labyrinth. Why? Because the new expansion will lead us to ancient time.
When we're in this room, we'll receive a map, showing the labyrinth.
There will be a red glowing balls on that map, indicating the flags we should take.
When we took the flag, we should go to our base.

Each teams can flag until 25 flags (Total: 50), and the 1st one will win.
There will be no KDR, but WLR = Win Lose Ratio.

And the arena should be called "The Ancient Labyrinth".

Leave comment please.
Thanks.

So whoever has a rogue wins !

Yeah no thanks, the normal ctf is already like that, every flag boosts.

Ebezaanec
01-18-2014, 01:05 AM
So whoever has a rogue wins !

Yeah no thanks, the normal ctf is already like that, every flag boosts.

No skills are allowed, in this arena we only run!

No skills, so all classes would "run" at the same rate.. All that warrior bulk can keep up with agile rogues and light mages. ;)

The idea sounds nice.. But doesn't it boil down to who can keep their hands on the keyboard/device the longest?

I mean.. I be there will be like almost no chatting in the arena. Plus, everyone will use pets that have party-speed buffs (ex: Kettle)

Jig
01-18-2014, 04:05 AM
No skills, so all classes would "run" at the same rate.. All that warrior bulk can keep up with agile rogues and light mages. ;)

The idea sounds nice.. But doesn't it boil down to who can keep their hands on the keyboard/device the longest?

I mean.. I be there will be like almost no chatting in the arena. Plus, everyone will use pets that have party-speed buffs (ex: Kettle)

Ahh right I sort of thought different when you said no skills. Not bad not bad, things like this could spike a devs mind & go hm! we could do something like this but change it up a little!

Maunyabastian
01-18-2014, 04:18 AM
Ahh right I sort of thought different when you said no skills. Not bad not bad, things like this could spike a devs mind & go hm! we could do something like this but change it up a little!

I know. This is just my primary suggestion. STS will make it better, for sure! :)

Maunyabastian
01-18-2014, 04:25 AM

That's the point of this arena!
In this arena, players will have fun - no killing, farming, trashtalking - because all we have to do is RUNNING!
So, ALL players will have the same chance at winning, because the faster team will win.
Also, IMO, most of us doesn't like all speed-buffer pets, in this arena they will be useful!

Umm, I also wanna suggest that this arena is only for 1 level, I mean if you're a L10 then the whole players will be L10 too.

Bless
01-18-2014, 04:38 AM
No sorry...Its called player vs player for a reason. If I wanted to run against people I join the olympics. This idea is just for the flaggers who need to get more flags for lb...

Anarchist
01-18-2014, 04:59 AM
All we need is:
1. guild vs guild.
2. 1 vs 1.

Ravager
01-18-2014, 08:26 AM
No sorry...Its called player vs player for a reason. If I wanted to run against people I join the olympics. This idea is just for the flaggers who need to get more flags for lb...

I agree with Bless

Rare
01-18-2014, 08:55 AM
How about ctf with no kills? Then the purpose is actually flagging and winning the game. You can kill the other players to stop then from scoring, but it doesn't register kills our deaths anywhere

Ybnvious
01-18-2014, 09:57 AM
CTF=Capture the Flag

Obvious acronym I know.. but making a "flagging only" room? The whole point of a CTF game much like real life CTF, be it paintball or some other form is to work together as a team to collect 5 flags and win the game. The main intent certainly never has and hopefully never will be to just allow your opponents by so you too can capture the flag as BFF's.

Besides... in all honestly, and everyone knows this anyways... CTF is basically a flagging only room already. Real pvp is long lost.

STS should implement some sort of rules for CTF where a certain amount of kills either per person or per team needs to be achieved before a flag will appear and may be attempted for capture. Also the flag should spawn in different locations... duh! :)

Bless
01-18-2014, 10:03 AM
How about ctf with no kills? Then the purpose is actually flagging and winning the game. You can kill the other players to stop then from scoring, but it doesn't register kills our deaths anywhere Atleast your suggestion has a pvp purpose and others can compete. The OP's idea is just flagging, and in order to compete you need speed pets etc. My L1 can run as fast as my 36 so is there a point in brackets for the OP's idea?

Vystirch
01-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Lol, this is an interesting idea.

Energizeric
01-18-2014, 08:11 PM
I just can't wait until all the pro players are done with their flag achievements. Then CTF will once again return to an interesting game. Yes, there will always be those who only want to flag. But once most of the regulars are no longer doing that, there will be no more free flags and the game will return to how it was supposed to be played.

Jig
01-18-2014, 10:01 PM
I just can't wait until all the pro players are done with their flag achievements. Then CTF will once again return to an interesting game. Yes, there will always be those who only want to flag. But once most of the regulars are no longer doing that, there will be no more free flags and the game will return to how it was supposed to be played.

Can't wait for that day to come :) unless!! They reduce the flag achievement ...

steven_soj
01-18-2014, 10:07 PM
It's sound good idea but who have the faster pet will be win this game

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Zynzyn
01-19-2014, 01:23 AM
A nice way to encourage flagging fairly and playing as a team and a way to discourage kill farmers is to do away with individual kill/deaths and individual flag records. Since ctf is supposed to be a team game, the record (instead of kdr and individual flag record) ideally should be of ctf games won and lost. When the record is of ctf games won and lost, whichever team flags 5 flags first wins and all the players in the winning team will have a point each in their CTF game won record.

This way, I think, players would concentrate on playing as a team and not just farming kills. In this ideal scenario, the focus will be on "capturing the flag" as a team and it would erase issues like "team-work seen as ganging" and "kill steal".

Nobody will complain of ganging, they will readily team up to protect their flag and capture the enemy team's flag. Nobody would complain of KS (kill steal) as it wouldnt matter who last-hitted, what would matter is the enemy dying. Nobody would farm dummies, because farming dummies in this scenario would be like the myth of Sisyphus - futile. Guilds who make alliances now and do not kill each other so as not to spoil an ally's KDR would indulge in healthy competition then as team vs team.

The system of an individual kill/death record could be moved to a future 1 vs 1 pvp system, if and when sts plans on introducing it, later, after the expansion. But for right now, I would suggest, the ctf arena should have games won and games lost record only to solve most of the pvp players problems.

Maunyabastian
01-19-2014, 04:45 AM
This suggestion is especially for those non-mythic/arcane(s) endgamers who want to flag.

Ybnvious
01-19-2014, 11:07 AM
All I know is Ive barely started my flagging and I fear I wont have a chance to get these "free flags" before something changes and it then becomes impossible, haha

Milan Lame Man
01-19-2014, 03:04 PM
I just can't wait until all the pro players are done with their flag achievements. Then CTF will once again return to an interesting game.
This will be the day when leaderboards are effectively locked by old players. More than it already is.

Energizeric
01-20-2014, 05:04 PM
This will be the day when leaderboards are effectively locked by old players. More than it already is.

That is going to be the case no matter what you do with achievements. Those who played longer and spent more time will have more achievements.

However, I'd like to see them add more achievements like the flagging achievements, things that take a long time to complete and cannot be finished in 5 minutes. Then I wouldn't be so bored flagging as there would be other things to do as well.

Jig
01-21-2014, 12:59 AM
That is going to be the case no matter what you do with achievements. Those who played longer and spent more time will have more achievements.

However, I'd like to see them add more achievements like the flagging achievements, things that take a long time to complete and cannot be finished in 5 minutes. Then I wouldn't be so bored flagging as there would be other things to do as well.

Thats ridiculous, you just said add MORE achievements, "Like Flagging" to encourage people to boost their flag kd and ruin ctf. Yet you say your bored of flagging, just take it away and make it less, THEN make more achievements.

Milan Lame Man
01-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Yes but also these early players have the advantage of very common flagging rooms. Once this is over, getting 10k flags will be next to impossible.

Thats ridiculous, you just said add MORE achievements, "Like Flagging" to encourage people to boost their flag kd and ruin ctf. Yet you say your bored of flagging, just take it away and make it less, THEN make more achievements.
He means "as time consuming" as flagging, not 20k flags.

Serancha
01-23-2014, 10:24 AM

Mmm not so sure on that ener. This is just the people who started in season one. There's more people joining all the time, and many haven't started their pvp ap's yet, or just got geared enough to start. I have about 150 in pheonix who are heading towards starting their pvp ap's, so I imagine many other guilds do as well. This is not going to end just because the first generation finishes.

becky_xil
01-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Dont bother to call it as pvp

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone