PDA

View Full Version : Chrome very sluggish after patch

keanedara
01-18-2014, 02:49 PM
This is driving me batsh*t. Ever since the last patch or 2 my game is crawling. I play through Chrome on a Toshiba laptop that's about 2 years old. I've done countless reinstalls of both chrome and arcane legends itself. I've tried older versions of Chrome and I have the proper settings in chrome:flags enabled. I have updated, removed and reinstalled video drivers. I have low ping but I'm still barley moving in slow motion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jenvy
01-19-2014, 12:23 PM
This is driving me batsh*t. Ever since the last patch or 2 my game is crawling. I play through Chrome on a Toshiba laptop that's about 2 years old. I've done countless reinstalls of both chrome and arcane legends itself. I've tried older versions of Chrome and I have the proper settings in chrome:flags enabled. I have updated, removed and reinstalled video drivers. I have low ping but I'm still barley moving in slow motion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Bump. Chrome version is still whacked out. Only 30 ping but the graphics are consistently jerky and slow.

What's going on guys?

keanedara
01-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Ya, it's pretty much unplayable at this point. Just trying to figure out if it's a chrome/spacetime thing or something on my end. Everything seemed to be fine either before last patch or last Chrome autoupdate.

will0
01-19-2014, 08:13 PM
agreed.. worst during pvp the refresh rate is very bad moving with a lag

papu
01-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Thanks

If i'm not wrong, this make u run AL in 3D Software mode, so depend on ur procesor to rendering it.

keanedara
01-19-2014, 08:56 PM
If i'm not wrong, this make u run AL in 3D Software mode, so depend on ur procesor to rendering it.

As of right now I only have "override software rendering list" and "native client" enabled. I've tried it without changing any flags upon fresh installs as well as every combination I can think of using them and it's still exactly the same. I've done the same with plugins and extensions.

keanedara
01-20-2014, 12:53 AM
Solved. Thanks to someone from another related post I found an older V26 of Chrome from oldversion.com and as I'd hoped it works perfectly.

Jenvy
01-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Solved. Thanks to someone from another related post I found an older V26 of Chrome from oldversion.com and as I'd hoped it works perfectly.

I wonder what it is between chrome and the game that is incompatible.

keanedara
01-20-2014, 04:15 PM
I wonder what it is between chrome and the game that is incompatible.
Who knows :/ I've had to do this in the past. Not sure if it's STS or Google or just a bad connection between the 2. They usually get it right after a few more releases.

Jenvy
01-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Any word from devs if this will be remedied soon?

chitgoks
01-26-2014, 03:09 AM
makes me dizzy after playin for a few mins

the movement makes it like an inconsistent lag while playing

Jenvy
01-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Exactly. It makes the game really frustrating.

I understand that it's difficult to keep the game in sync with new Chrome updates, but this definitely should be near the top of STS's to-do list, as there is no SAFE way to install a previous iteration of Chrome.

Jenvy
01-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Not going to let this thread die until we hear from a dev. Again, to summarize, the newest release of chrome is incompatible with the game's graphics. Movement is no longer fluid, even when ping is minimal (less than 30). When running, the character jerks several steps forward at steady rate of about once per second, and during these blips the screen pauses.

Most of us believe it has something to do with refresh rate.

Please devs. Let us know that you're working on it, or at the very least, that you acknowledge it as a problem. :adoration:

notfaded1
02-03-2014, 03:53 PM
I've also heard that the beta channel version of chrome is working well again now.
chrome.com/beta

Kakashis
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM
yeah current version of chrome has broken the playability of Arcane Legends. I too am getting dizzy from the choppy movements! I had to install version 26 which runs the best

xXz21
02-06-2014, 02:15 PM
i haven't any problem/issue with chrome. i can play normally without lag. i play in a good gaming pc maybe is google chrome update or maybe is incompatible this update (chrome) with some driver/components in ur pc.

Jenvy
02-07-2014, 12:55 AM
yeah current version of chrome has broken the playability of Arcane Legends. I too am getting dizzy from the choppy movements! I had to install version 26 which runs the best

This is the only viable solution I've come across. That said, installing old web browsers isn't safe at all.

Kakashis
02-07-2014, 03:23 AM
This is the only viable solution I've come across. That said, installing old web browsers isn't safe at all.

yeah, but it works which is all I care about. Getting google to fix their browser for one single game is going to be a long time wait!

Jenvy
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
yeah, but it works which is all I care about. Getting google to fix their browser for one single game is going to be a long time wait!

Chrome Beta seems to be working too.

That should be safer.