PDA

View Full Version : LEVEL 41 Means new skills added

kinzmet
01-18-2014, 11:43 PM
I started playing AL last november where there is a free respec weekend, so its my first expansion.
What I want to know is, if the devs would add new skills as this expansion progresses or no new skills to be added.
Reading the Dragon Enclave announcement it seems that the new skills are not included, so it means the 5 skill points
will go to passives or skill-upgrades or skills not included on 4 that your using.

Is anyone have an idea on this matter?

Jig
01-19-2014, 12:49 AM
Theres heaps of space to put the extra 5 skill points on O.o?

kinzmet
01-19-2014, 12:58 AM
..yeah thats what i said, I just prefer the new skills (if theres any) :)
thanks for the feed though..

Milan Lame Man
01-19-2014, 01:15 AM
I don't think they can create new, balanced skills and all animations if they haven't done so already, before the expansion is released.
Sam said this last week:

We know that the next skill points from the Dragon Enclave expansion won't be as interesting as they otherwise could. We're at work on what to do about that, but nothing specific to discuss at this point.

kinzmet
01-19-2014, 01:23 AM
I don't think they can create new, balanced skills and all animations if they haven't done so already, before the expansion is released.
Sam said this last week:

Haven't read that, thanks for the info bro.

Morholt
01-19-2014, 01:36 AM
I think at a certain point they'll stop granting more skill points. And well just get stat points.
Perhaps this will be our last skill point increase?

Alhuntrazeck
01-19-2014, 03:41 AM
I think at a certain point they'll stop granting more skill points. And well just get stat points.
Perhaps this will be our last skill point increase?

It'd be way better to simply add more upgrades to existing skills.

Allocate
01-19-2014, 05:35 AM
They have to be careful not to bloat the game by adding useless additional skills. Currently, the amount of skills is perfectly fine and everything seems to work out.

New skills means they will need a budget to make it happen but it is unnecessary therefore, not at the top of the priority list or not on the list at all.

vogel
01-19-2014, 06:50 AM
They have to be careful not to bloat the game by adding useless additional skills. Currently, the amount of skills is perfectly fine and everything seems to work out.

New skills means they will need a budget to make it happen but it is unnecessary therefore, not at the top of the priority list or not on the list at all.

Unnecessary? This game has been stale since season 1 skillwise. I havdnt changed my skill load out since then. Imo this game needs something new and refreshing and maybe some new skills for all classes could be that. Granted, with this expansion they better up the end game part of the game since thats non existing atm and makes players leave the game to come back when's there is a new cap or event. There is no incentive to keep playing once u get cap and gear. And this comes from a f2p player with only grimm as a mythic possession. Pve wise there is no end game since its useless to farm elite and tbh thats stupendously boring. We need to have more stuff to do at cap lvl.

Allocate
01-19-2014, 07:32 AM
No you're right.

But adding more skills is unnecessary because everything they have works out just fine. AL is boring when you are capped. Elites don't drop anything good and you would have to be stupid to farm them at their current state. There really isn't anything to do when you are capped. What? spend plat to open locked and obtain arcane/mythic? After obtaining the 'best' items, what do you do then? Where is the replay value? None.

That doesn't change the fact that every skill right now works and there is no need to add more requiring unnecessary budget just to add skills that weren't needed. Like re-inventing the wheel.

Jig
01-19-2014, 08:40 AM
It'd be way better to simply add more upgrades to existing skills.

Thats exactly what I was gonna say, they can do what they did to PL possibly, add 1 more skill point on all skills making them 6/6 instead of 5/5. :) pl I think was 6/6 when at sewer cap, then went to 7 points, at it think 66? Then 9 at 71 cap, but you can only be a certain high lvl to be ABLE to go higher skill points

bronyaur
01-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Instead of using only 4 skills make it 5 skills to have ready to use.That would make a nice improvement to game play. Sometimes you really need 5 choices especially in pvp.

Morholt
01-19-2014, 10:40 AM
It'd be way better to simply add more upgrades to existing skills.Eek, when you say it like that...sounds good!

I'd definitely be in favor of new skills or even upgrades. But it's more of an easier said than done kind of thing. :P

Sts would have to not only think of new upgrades and/or skills, but they'd have to be balanced among classes. Not just that, but they'd have to make them appealing. Bad enough most skills have an upgrade we all just don't use...would it really be nice if sts added more useless upgrades or skills?

So, I'd love more gameplay choices with skills & upgrades, but I think sts should do other things first.

Wutzgood
01-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Technically we won't need any new skills till the level 81 cap. There will be room to put skill points into till then. I wouldn't mind having them all maxed lol.

Milan Lame Man
01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
There could be a second level upgrade to all (active) skill upgrades, making it somewhat stronger. Increased range increased more, a buff made stronger, pull chance higher etc. Not much work needed, developers should love this...

If needed, this second level of upgrades can only unlock at lv37 but twinks are probably gonna complain ;-)
There could be some quest to unlock it, or unlock could be per account, just like getting Gleipnir is not needed for your other toons to access Kelys.

moot
01-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Guys should I start unlocking lightning or curse in 41 cap? It will be my 7th skill.

Energizeric
01-20-2014, 04:22 AM
I agree that an extra skill upgrade for each skill is definitely the way to go. Or they could add an extra passive point for each passive. Or both.

Jig
01-20-2014, 04:31 AM
I agree that an extra skill upgrade for each skill is definitely the way to go. Or they could add an extra passive point for each passive. Or both.

Both when they have to, but the one will do probably after the previous cap

-no
01-20-2014, 05:12 AM
A fifth skill button would be cool

Energizeric
01-20-2014, 06:49 AM
Problem with a fifth skill button is that it would actually be too useful. Right now you must choose a build, and no matter how you allocate those 4 skills, you are always lacking something. Adding the ability to use a fifth skill would start to change that, and then you would have some builds that were indeed all purpose. I think the idea is to avoid that. They want you to have to choose what your specialty is. And they want you to then pay plat to respec when you want to change the specialty.

Xstealthxx
01-20-2014, 09:21 AM
5th skill button.. Awesome!

Artae
01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
If they expect to expand the game further, they're gonna have to incorporate more skills/upgrades.

Jig
01-21-2014, 01:03 AM
If they expect to expand the game further, they're gonna have to incorporate more skills/upgrades.

What do you mean? Don't you mean more points, not MORE brand new skills?