PDA

View Full Version : Elite rings for quest or something like that?

Ijooo
01-19-2014, 08:03 AM
How about giving a chance for newbies to have elite rings but you dont know how. Sts gave reward 6 mons veteran players in having pl shield, how about adding a chance for those who have PL shield the option to buy dingy helm to make cop and eventually get an elite ring.

The numbers of newbie having elite rings will be limited bec the options can be only be granted for those players who played 6 mons or more and sts will gained money because we have to purchase plat.

Thank you and Good day!

Rot
01-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Horrible...

Players who played 6 months over are not newbs? Just because they're 6 months old they can buy cap vanities from previous caps?

Lexlyde
01-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Elite items must stay Elite and for those who capped. Imo you are not talking about elite ring but having a CoP. Elite ring is not required to be a good player ( check angeldawn's thread ). If StG give a chance to "new" players to get 2 or 3pc ring, they must create a new one.

Xyzther
01-19-2014, 09:17 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/2u8ytyva.jpg

BroadCastle
01-19-2014, 09:34 AM
I agree that 6 months is nothing, I also agree that making CoP another executed rarity would bring just another anger (btw I dont have CoP and I'd do really lot to get, but understand rules :) ).

But I also agree that even players with 1 previous cap should be allowed to get elite ring. What all of you old players say is truth, but feel into new guys. Easy to speak about how bad is allowing new playes to have your (our) betefits, since you have it all. Refreshing some old cap item wouldnt be cool, yea, kinda unfair. But think about past, some players bought so many Dingy's and crafted on multiple chars which never hit l56 cap, is that fair? I dont say either yes or no, just think about it.

I disagree that old players should be proffiting from their past forever, letting new players suffer in lack of oportunities. You capped before, was elite, ejnoyed gifts, special benefits pretty long time. Maybe its time to end that season and allow others to enjoy some.

I have one suggestion, which I wanted to put in it's own thread, but I'll lay it here. Its about quests. We have 213 quests in pocket legends, few of them pretty tough to do. Most of players dont care about quests at all, except some which brings best rewards. I have ewer wondered, why there is no achievemend for havng some quest done? For example: Vampire- You have done all Mount Fang quest... Worth considering isn't it? And, to get till the point, for completeng every single quest in game, there might be elite vanity, perhaps even choice of them (shield, helm, armor) to pic the one u miss for ring-set. Questing is the least cheatable task in game, due to what I think. And honestly, we all miss tasks like that. It takes serious time to complete all quests, you also need to cap for it, because of dragon quest etc. So, this solution may make both sides happy with no requirements for new cap.

Interrested in your oppinions, and dev oppinion aswell.

Regards

Cheenivie
01-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Welp 4 of my 5 endgame toons don't have elite rings and I do just fine with them.

Reunegade
01-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Or, recolor the CoP, make it accesible only to players who have played 3 years+, and have to grind 80k XP in Balefort Sewers with no elixirs. You can use BSM gear though.

BroadCastle
01-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Welp 4 of my 5 endgame toons don't have elite rings and I do just fine with them.

I believe you do indeed. This toppic is not about how necessarily do players need elite rings to be able to fight. It's about chance, motivation, and basically also about new stuff to awake interrest in game with low requirements on coding and working on new stuff.

Caiahar
01-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Welp, if CoP was brought back to newbs like me, I'd rage, even though I never had a cap vanity. Bring another cap vanity that doesn't look anything like previous cap vanities, or just make Fallen Prince give you super duper hard PvE quest for the 3pc ring.
And is it even needed? My endgame 75 bird does fine without 2pc/3pc ring. Heck, I don't even have a dragon ring, only a plat ring, nor do I have an elite bow either. I'm a little bit weaker then normal endgame birds, but I can still compete even with all these disadvantages.

All for one, and one for all.

Roberto077
01-19-2014, 10:30 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/19/2u8ytyva.jpg

^^ I watched a movie that he starred in yesterday

Ijooo
01-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Its just a suggestion for something new for us. If not cop just have new things and add more stuff to do like mustgain 100k xp before being awarded with cap vanities.

Ijooo
01-19-2014, 10:37 AM
I disagree that old players should be proffiting from their past forever, letting new players suffer in lack of oportunities. You capped before, was elite, ejnoyed gifts, special benefits pretty long time. Maybe its time to end that season and allow others to enjoy some.

Regards

Indeed

Ijooo
01-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Elite items must stay Elite and for those who capped. Imo you are not talking about elite ring but having a CoP. Elite ring is not required to be a good player ( check angeldawn's thread ). If StG give a chance to "new" players to get 2 or 3pc ring, they must create a new one.

Elite rings is still an advantage.

fourleaf
01-19-2014, 10:59 AM
why not just add more elite quests for 76 only to grant new vanities to recieve the ring.
Only a few discontinued items preserve PL's history, since many keep being re-released as DotD's or other event items.
Old items are reserved for old players. There are already 4 veteran items, which are rarely worn due to their non-exclusivity. The elite items of previous cap would just become worthless space fillers in your inventory if everyone was allowed to have them.

I agree totally that you deserve a chance for a 2 and 3 item elite ring, but it should be granted from new items.

Trenton
01-19-2014, 11:19 AM
What lol... First off, my little brother (9yrs old) made an account back in 2012, leveled him to like 30 or so, and quit. Are you saying that my little 9yr old brother's L30 bear deserves a CoP? I don't see where any of your logic is, elite rings are for being ELITE and capping. CoP, Shield of Hollows, MFA, etc. are for being ELITE and being here back in the day to be able to get them. It makes absolutely no sense to be able to just randomly buy a CoP. They might as well make hacks legal, it'd be FUN and bring characters back to PL right?! Let's let them do whatever they want, since we're not bringing in as much cash flow as AL.

Terrible idea, -1.

Covert
01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi Ijooo,

no.

BroadCastle
01-19-2014, 11:33 AM
^ Trenton I'm not sure, that anyone suggested exactly what you curse. None from previous suggestions were about granting CoP just because of 3 years old account. So I basically dont even know whose Idea you trash...? And talking abou legalizing hacks is seriously in vain and makes you sound silly, no offense. This thread is pretty interresting, discussion is on toppic nowdays. Why do I feel you havent even read through comments and just throw dirt on sometjing? Sure, I understand you dont like idea of remaking CoP, neither do I as I said. Nevertheless, your post is irrelevant and unclear rage, letting me wonder what have made you so upset...?

Covert
01-19-2014, 11:38 AM
^ Trenton I'm not sure, that anyone suggested exactly what you curse. None from previous suggestions were about granting CoP just because of 3 years old account. So I basically dont even know whose Idea you trash...? And talking abou legalizing hacks is seriously in vain and makes you sound silly, no offense. This thread is pretty interresting, discussion is on toppic nowdays. Why do I feel you havent even read through comments and just throw dirt on sometjing? Sure, I understand you dont like idea of remaking CoP, neither do I as I said. Nevertheless, your post is irrelevant and unclear rage, letting me wonder what have made you so upset...?

well he said don't bring back past elite awards and that's all i care about :encouragement:

BroadCastle
01-19-2014, 11:47 AM
^
It's at least good manner to read through posts before you reply on main post, which you disagree with. Ijooo has already made some next comments upwards...

I also vote for keeping past vanities past, but here we got some nice ideas how to allow others to award rings etc. Shouting that "ELITE is ELITE and blah blah" doesn't seem like usefull post for me, eventhough I agree with base about old vanities.

fourleaf
01-19-2014, 11:52 AM
well he said don't bring back past elite awards and that's all i care about :encouragement:
Lol main point here is correct.

I don't see why the age of acc should even matter if someone started PL earlier this month and capped now, he should have every chance at a quest as dolloway.
Elite means achievement not play time.

BroadCastle
01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
^Agreed. I dont like the whole veteran system aswell.

fourleaf
01-19-2014, 12:05 PM
^Agreed. I dont like the whole veteran system aswell.
I am not opposed to a veteran system, I don't like current one though.
Like they should do it based of start date like founder's helm was given rather than getting it after playing for so long. Not really sure if I explained that fully o.O

BroadCastle
01-19-2014, 12:13 PM
I don't like either or. I accept Founders helm as exception, thanks to first players. But basically, this system is going straight agains new players, which StG would like to lure (or at least I hope they would). If doing some benefit program, do it for new as well as for existing players. Let them put some effort in earning reward not just wait some given period. Veteran system based on date is the same, or even worse as I feel it.

Trenton
01-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Broad I don't see where reading all the posts is going to be helpful. I did read everything the first time, then had you tell me that, so I reread them. Most are how elite rings aren't needed to be good bla bla bla, I see ONE post where Ijoo says that 100k xp should give another cap vanity, which I also disagree with. Just as you have your posts, I have mine, and I'm showing my concern, just like you are- just in another way. With my brother's account being made in 2012, that was just an example of why it seemed stupid for Ijoo to think that everyone that plays 6 months or longer deserves a CoP. Also with my ELITE being ELITE rant, how do you figure I was yelling? I was capitalizing it for the soul purpose of it "standing out." Not screaming. I also was saying towards the OP, why not make hacks ok? Since this idea would basically be giving out CoP's and other cap vanities, may as well give out whatever else they want anymore <----- That was just an exaggerated example. Please forgive me for "sounding silly," I just think that considering I was giving my personal view of it, I wouldn't need to have to explain myself such as this.

Freobr
01-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Yes.. similar to the old elite items just a little modified and make big quests that people can do to get new versions of elite rings vanitys etc... It doesn't have to be a way for peeps to be elite in pvp.. It can be something that will be interesting for players to do, work on their characters. I personally got a 3-piece toon but I support this idea.

And the elite quests should be ELITE.

Timelife
01-19-2014, 01:54 PM
i want to complete 3 cap for my mage and 2 cap for my bird :/

fourleaf
01-19-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't like either or. I accept Founders helm as exception, thanks to first players. But basically, this system is going straight agains new players, which StG would like to lure (or at least I hope they would). If doing some benefit program, do it for new as well as for existing players. Let them put some effort in earning reward not just wait some given period. Veteran system based on date is the same, or even worse as I feel it.
As long as the dated vanities weren't stat'd it would encourage players to keep going, knowing they have an exclusive item that no one who joins after them can get.
The point being to try to get players more interested in the game.
For instance someone plays in 2011 quit because they were bad at it. They try it two years later and have several exclusive items that many others don't have. It kinda make them feel cooler/better so they get to playing the game more and another player is gained.

BroadCastle
01-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Fourleaf: Yeah, thats true. Maybe just the amount of returned players, you speak about, is not that big, way more people would be upset by not having those items. But since you are obviously correct saying that veteran vanities are non stat'd, it's acceptable. But applying this veteran system on statd beneficial items like elite rings would be wrong move I think.

Trenton: I'm glad for your reply. Forgive me, maybe I put to big emphasis on the way how does this and that post sound, which expressions are used, I'm just like that. And when I read your second post, I feel very smart and logical person behind the lines. Not in your first tho. Maybe you disagree, but your first post in this thread seems written in pretty rage, and I was just surprised, because you are used to post very good words mostly. Let me clarify, I understand your pride and honor about your elite achievements. Thats nothing to be ashamed for. I feel the same, just sometimes trying to take different point of view, to help the others.

Let's forget about CoP stuff, I fully agree that it's pointless, stupid and selfish idea about remaking this one. But what I don't understand is why do you deprecate the idea about finding some way, how to enable new players to get those rings. Consider, those who started to play on 61 or 66 cap, they already had turbo elixirs, leveling was easier and capping was not that hard. For those players, in about 2 years 2 new caps came, and since they have done that, they have 3pc ring now. Well, ther are elite, no doubts about that, but in comparison with players came at humania or bsm cap, what so much more have they done? Nothing, but starting to play earlier. I personally understand all reasons STG have for not comming with new cap yet, and I really don't want to be the one who makes pressure on them. But this state brings the fact, that with simmilar amount of time spent in game, newer players are not allowed to achieve those things anymore. The idea about making quest to grind 100k or more xp, without raising your level and without adding new map is not that bad I think. Or my suggeston about all quests, or some other ideas, I think there would be plenty of pretty good ones. I'm wondering why would you disagree with this, really interrested in your oppinion. Perhaps I'm missing something imporatnt and you change my vision. Thanks if you read through till here Trenton, all best :)

Schnitzel
01-19-2014, 09:01 PM
How about giving a chance for newbies to have elite rings but you dont know how. Sts gave reward 6 mons veteran players in having pl shield, how about adding a chance for those who have PL shield the option to buy dingy helm to make cop and eventually get an elite ring.

The numbers of newbie having elite rings will be limited bec the options can be only be granted for those players who played 6 mons or more and sts will gained money because we have to purchase plat.

Thank you and Good day!

I dont like this idea,
Even though i have none of those elite cap items, i can say that if people could just buy these items, the people who actually got the items when it was offered would feel that it is unfair that they spent time getting xp, and suddenly, people can just buy elite vanity items that are discontinued..

Just my opinion

Lee19
03-01-2014, 02:13 PM
They could have something like. Reset your whole character to level 1 and grind up to l76 for the 3 piece elite ring.

vvokzzzzz
03-02-2014, 01:08 PM
or, recolor the cop, make it accesible only to players who have played 3 years+, and have to grind 80k xp in balefort sewers with no elixirs. You can use bsm gear though.
no more recoloring of any items ffs, it's so unoriginal and takes what, 5min at most? D:

lightzone
03-02-2014, 05:09 PM
People are missing the main point of what Ijooo said... Forget about the CoP. It's awesome and all that jazz, and I can't have it I know :(

Even so, the opportunity to get elite rings is what should be discussed here. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with 'LOL ysodum 6 mon CoP nub pls' but the real point of this thread was probably to discuss further opportunities to grind for elite rings (-vanities)

vvokzzzzz
03-03-2014, 01:49 AM
People are missing the main point of what Ijooo said... Forget about the CoP. It's awesome and all that jazz, and I can't have it I know :(

Even so, the opportunity to get elite rings is what should be discussed here. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with 'LOL ysodum 6 mon CoP nub pls' but the real point of this thread was probably to discuss further opportunities to grind for elite rings (-vanities)
Just no more recoloring.

Ijooo
03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
If you can guys read the other threads regarding elite rings for newbie, most of the topic is being change for vanity for 3 years veteran. In my opinion, if sts will keep on giving elite things for veteran players, how can they encourage new players to play if there are no oppurtunities for us.

Thank you and good day!