PDA

View Full Version : how do u play PL on a MacBook?

quantionus
01-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Forgive my ignorance though is there a way to play Pl with a macbook?

Trenton
01-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Google Chrome :O

Spyce
01-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Download Chrome.

quantionus
01-19-2014, 12:35 PM
i did but couldnt run it lel i ll try it again.

lightzone
01-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Chrome is an external browser which has it's own marketplace. It should be working regardless of your computer.

quantionus
01-19-2014, 02:37 PM
done ty thread closed.

Itoopeo
01-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Lol @ these apple fanboys

Sheugokin
01-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Lel@ these rich MacBook users.

Trenton
01-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Lel @ these lel@ers

superme
01-19-2014, 08:06 PM
omg why are so many people using macs. PCs are way better. Sorry that was off-topic but I had to say that.

Roberto077
01-19-2014, 08:55 PM
omg why are so many people using macs. PCs are way better. Sorry that was off-topic but I had to say that.

Macs are a lot better for general use (editing media, sound design, working/browsing) and PCs are just more customizable for gaming. Also, Apple screen recording software is SOOOOOOOO much better than fraps and/or bandicam.

Schnitzel
01-19-2014, 08:55 PM

What type of computer people like is their opinion.
Some people may prefer PCs, and some people might prefer Macs.

Its up to you, whichever type of computer you may like.

And uh..lets hope a war about PC Vs Mac doesn't start...

Zeus
01-19-2014, 09:43 PM
What is the model of your Macbook and what are the specs?

Xyzther
01-19-2014, 11:44 PM
Lel

Roberto077
01-20-2014, 12:11 AM
What is the model of your Macbook and what are the specs?

^^ ah yes, I remember you had an issue a while back with running chrome PL on your Mac. Did you find the solution to that?

Zeus
01-20-2014, 12:30 AM
^^ ah yes, I remember you had an issue a while back with running chrome PL on your Mac. Did you find the solution to that?

Yeah, I did. :)

Itoopeo
01-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Macs are terrible :D Windows does everything better in every category.

Btw mac users... Remember this. Never compare a 2000€ macbook to 500€ PC. thats what mac users always do and they say macs are so much better.
But if you compare a macbook to 2000€ windows laptop, you see a difference. There its like comparing Toyota corolla to Maybach.

Schnitzel
01-20-2014, 12:11 PM
INCOMMING: Computer war...
:(

can't people not go on forum to say that their type of computer is better than another type?

quantionus
01-20-2014, 01:10 PM
omg i learnt what i wanted so thread closed but i c there is a anxiety of comparing Macs to PCs so let me start a thread for those of u who want to discuss about it

Itoopeo
01-20-2014, 04:03 PM
omg i learnt what i wanted so thread closed but i c there is a anxiety of comparing Macs to PCs so let me start a thread for those of u who want to discuss about it

Yeah. Discuss there is now done, and we decided together that PC is better than apple.

iPhone is worst phone
iPad is worst tablet
iPod is even worse
Mac is terrible

Windows and Android all the way!

Sheugokin
01-20-2014, 04:46 PM
^Lel.

#Howulikedemapples

Zeus
01-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Macs are terrible :D Windows does everything better in every category.

Btw mac users... Remember this. Never compare a 2000€ macbook to 500€ PC. thats what mac users always do and they say macs are so much better.
But if you compare a macbook to 2000€ windows laptop, you see a difference. There its like comparing Toyota corolla to Maybach.

First off, you're telling Mac users to never compare?

Sorry man, you can buy tune-ups for your Honda Civic or Toyota Supra whenever you can. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my Lexus (and yes, I know that Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota). xD

P.S: Does that exhaust pipe that's bigger than a black hole and noisier than the morning lawnmower actually add HP? Oh, also, just because you put a big exhaust pipe on it doesn't mean it sounds good, it still sounds like a 4 cyl with turbos attached. Please, don't make my ears bleed. xD

Anyways, for computer discussions - yes, you can buy a laptop for $500. However, you get pretty crappy specs. Also, keep in mind that PC laptops are filled with tons of bloatware, lacking battery life, and cheap plastics that tend to break.

Also, why is it that Macs these days tend to run Windows better then bloatwares do? I run Windows far better on my Macbook Pro that quadboots four different Operating Systems & still somehow runs faster than the Dell desktops.

The thing is - you can always use Windows on a Mac - however - you can never use a Mac on a PC unless you're willing to break some serious laws.

Itoopeo
01-22-2014, 05:04 PM
I have Samsung Ativ Book 8 myself. And this thing cost 1300€. However its better than your 2200€ Macbook. My laptop is basically a perfect computer.

As zeus said, you cant use OSx on PC. Thats cool you're right. Guess what? OSx is not good so i dont need to change to that. I have win8, no lag, everything works smoothly, and even those games made for desktops works perfectly with max graphic settings.

Hmm.. lets represent it like this: Macs are like Teslas. Only some products, all have similiar power and engines. Basically apple has couple similiar products that they would like to be perfect for everyone.

PC world: A Mercedes. They make every kind of cars, from normal 15.000€ cheap cars to supercars and at the end, F1 cars. Mercedes AMG cars can beat Teslas on straight line easily, but Tesla will beat those cheaper Mercedes' quite easily.

Zeus said PC's have probles with plastic covers, batteries, lag, bad software, bugs... You just need to pick right one that doesnt have any of those problems. If you really take a closer look to PC laptops, you see that many PC's might lose to your Mac, but there are also many products and models that are a LOT better.

My dad bought an android tablet for my sister. My dad is apple fanboy and he said "it has android right? you have said android is really good" Lter he had to admit that this specific denver android tablet is a piece of crap and lags and bugs. Like week later i bought new Google Nexus 10.1 Tablet and compared it to that denver thing. When he tried my new nexus, he realized that androids are not like apple tablets(every one of them works decently). Android world has those crappy ones AND ultimate uber good ones that are always way more better than ipads :D

PS: Its fun to argue with you about everything Zeus <3
Btw i have VW Scirocco, I dont touch those old Teenager cars

Sheugokin
01-22-2014, 05:44 PM
I have both and love both. #Bestofbothworlds

Xyzther
01-22-2014, 07:19 PM
A horse walks in a bar and the bartender says, "Why the long face?"

Schnitzel
01-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Finnman, Zeus, theres a thread in off topic for mac vs pc.

@Xyzther lol

Zeus
01-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Finnman, one thing... the laptop you have mentioned is $1,269 in price in my country. Now, if we are going by euros... the amount you are paying is actually more or equivalent to what you would pay for a mac in the US with similar specs! Funny, isn't it?

Something you are not considering is that in foreign countries, Apple jacks up the prices beyond reason. However, if you consider the price range of a Macbook Pro - it actually is decent because you get quality for what you pay for. You can actually pick up a refurb Macbook Pro Retina 15" for $1500!

Here is some things that your computer lacks:
• Retina Display - Have you ever tried playing on one? The pixel density is so dense that the need for anti-aliasing is unneeded, meaning less work on the GPU.
• SSD - Seriously, you still use a HD? Whenever I go back to one, I feel like I'm in antique land. Most Apple laptops come with SSD's as standard these days.
• A quality trackpad - Apple makes the best & have been, which is a big reason why many prefer their laptops.
• Aluminum Unibody - Unlike PC Notebooks, a Unibody construction serves two purposes. 1. Rapid cooling, which will save hardware components from deteriorating over time. 2. Sturdy Construction.
• Quality Charger - I used to own windows laptops and remember how much of a pain it would be to replace one because somebody broke the pins inside the charger when they tripped over my laptop and sent it flying! With magsafe, it somebody trips over your wire, it merely disconnects with ease.

Here are the specs of the Macbook Pro I am using right now. Please, keep in mind that this laptop is 3 years old and still has great specs.

Please note that I say this after using PC laptops from 2000 to 2014. I still use PC desktops and laptops daily, but because of their lack of quality - I always choose Mac.

P.S: Have you heard of the horrendous OS called Windows 8? No start button! *gasp*

And, at the same time, I am able to run all these OS's without a hiccup. Are you able to say the same for yours?

Itoopeo
01-23-2014, 03:33 AM
• Retina Display - Have you ever tried playing on one? The pixel density is so dense that the need for anti-aliasing is unneeded, meaning less work on the GPU.
Full HD LLED screen is just amazing. It has good resolution and strong colours :-)
• SSD - Seriously, you still use a HD? Whenever I go back to one, I feel like I'm in antique land. Most Apple laptops come with SSD's as standard these days.
Yeah.. i dont have SSD.. But i have 1TB memory. I have 500gt ssd in my mini laptop tho.
• A quality trackpad - Apple makes the best & have been, which is a big reason why many prefer their laptops.
Ever heard about mouse? And if i dont have a mouse atm, My trackpad is still like similiar to apples one. Two buttons ofcourse
• Aluminum Unibody - Unlike PC Notebooks, a Unibody construction serves two purposes. 1. Rapid cooling, which will save hardware components from deteriorating over time. 2. Sturdy Construction.
Aluminium might be better sometimes. But it has some cons too. As an example its kinda slippery, and replacing it costs a lot. I have aluminium body myself too.
• Quality Charger - I used to own windows laptops and remember how much of a pain it would be to replace one because somebody broke the pins inside the charger when they tripped over my laptop and sent it flying! With magsafe, it somebody trips over your wire, it merely disconnects with ease.
I dont keep my laptop on floor. Plus apples charger costs a LOT. So if i some day break this, a new one costs 5€

I have newer i7 processor, which does it job well. Also... my graphics card is a lot better than yours, which is the critical part in games and all kind of graphic things you can do.
Do you even have BlueRay?

Windows 8..
-Better than OSx
-People dont like it because they are used to win7 and dont want to learn this new kind of interface.
-Win8 is absolutely fluid, even on my Intel i3 mini laptop.
OSx is worst possible firmware you can get on computer. Even Linux is better

quantionus
01-23-2014, 03:40 AM
lol i c zeus and fin are performing a hard work haha :D

Zeus
01-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Full HD LLED screen is just amazing. It has good resolution and strong colours :-)
Yeah.. i dont have SSD.. But i have 1TB memory. I have 500gt ssd in my mini laptop tho.
Ever heard about mouse? And if i dont have a mouse atm, My trackpad is still like similiar to apples one. Two buttons ofcourse
Aluminium might be better sometimes. But it has some cons too. As an example its kinda slippery, and replacing it costs a lot. I have aluminium body myself too.
I dont keep my laptop on floor. Plus apples charger costs a LOT. So if i some day break this, a new one costs 5€

I have newer i7 processor, which does it job well. Also... my graphics card is a lot better than yours, which is the critical part in games and all kind of graphic things you can do.
Do you even have BlueRay?

Windows 8..
-Better than OSx
-People dont like it because they are used to win7 and dont want to learn this new kind of interface.
-Win8 is absolutely fluid, even on my Intel i3 mini laptop.
OSx is worst possible firmware you can get on computer. Even Linux is better

Fin,

You say worse this and worse that but you do not back it up with facts.

First off, you are comparing a 3 year old laptop to yours. Guess what? Mine still competes even though the hardware is 3 years old. Isn't that something to be a tiny bit ashamed about considering you say that PCs have better specs?

My first point about the Retina Display - Yes, yours is good resolution but your GPU has to work harder. With mine, anti-aliasing is built in, something that GPUs these days struggle with. You simply cannot argue the pixels per inch ratio - more pixels is always better.

My second point - you use HD. Even if it's 1 TB, your laptop - despite the faster processor will still be slower in many tasks due to a HD having to spin up to retrieve information.

My third point - A mouse is for a desktop, no? If you have to use a mouse on a laptop, it just shows how crippled the trackpad is on your laptop. Also, I have compared the knock-off Apple trackpads like the one on yours. Sorry, it just does not perform with nearly the same amount of precision as an Apple Trackpad.

My fourth point - You say it's slippery... are you kidding? Lol! That's your back up? Your laptop chassis is a fake aluminum body, meaning it does not help with the cooling of computer parts, etc etc. So, each time your hardware does get heated up - it's life is considerably shorter which is why you will often see PC laptops fail faster than an Apple laptop.

My fifth point - Apple chargers do cost a lot, however, they also save your computer a lot of damages. What is the point of having an expensive computer if the charger can break and actually cause damage to the innards of the computer as well? You are only considering the cost of the charger, but since yours requires a physical connection and hold, if somebody pulls on it - it will also damage the hardware within the computer.

You do have a newer processor and better GPU - however, as I said, my laptop is 3 years old and still has these specs that match up to yours. The GPU I have been using has allowed me to play pretty much any game I have approached on max FPS. The only time it stutters is when I am playing the game and trying to record it in 1080p. Even then, it's acceptable quality.

Lastly, you define Windows 8 as better... how? Every website I have visited points out that OS X is loaded with more features and can do more. If you have an issue with compatibility, which is very rare these days, the options to run Parallels exists. See the link if you don't believe me: http://www.infoworld.com/d/microsoft-windows/deathmatch-review-windows-81-vs-os-x-mavericks-228631

Oh, also, in the price factor, you did not mention that Windows OS can cost $200+.

SayCreed
01-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah. Discuss there is now done, and we decided together that PC is better than apple.

iPhone is worst phone
iPad is worst tablet
iPod is even worse
Mac is terrible

Cry.

Apple started to make IPads then these random android tablets

Zeus,You are my hero

Schnitzel
01-23-2014, 12:15 PM

iPhone is worst phone
iPad is worst tablet
iPod is even worse
Mac is terrible

Cry.

Apple started to make IPads then these random android tablets

Zeus,You are my hero
^agreed

Itoopeo
01-24-2014, 02:55 AM
Fin,

You say worse this and worse that but you do not back it up with facts.

First off, you are comparing a 3 year old laptop to yours. Guess what? Mine still competes even though the hardware is 3 years old. Isn't that something to be a tiny bit ashamed about considering you say that PCs have better specs?

My first point about the Retina Display - Yes, yours is good resolution but your GPU has to work harder. With mine, anti-aliasing is built in, something that GPUs these days struggle with. You simply cannot argue the pixels per inch ratio - more pixels is always better. Retina is kinda useless feature. If its really hard to see pixels in 1920x1080 resolution 15" screen, whats the difference to your retina? None. Only lack of colours.

My second point - you use HD. Even if it's 1 TB, your laptop - despite the faster processor will still be slower in many tasks due to a HD having to spin up to retrieve information.
Speeds up in one second, and writing speed is maby faster than SSD has. My HD is also easy to change to SSd if i want to, but SSD does not have as much capacity so i dont change it.

My third point - A mouse is for a desktop, no? If you have to use a mouse on a laptop, it just shows how crippled the trackpad is on your laptop. Also, I have compared the knock-off Apple trackpads like the one on yours. Sorry, it just does not perform with nearly the same amount of precision as an Apple Trackpad.

Mouse is always nicer to use in all programs (gaming, browsing etc.). I bet you have Apple Magic mouse? Lol? Thats something no one likes, even you dont admit that you use it.)

My fourth point - You say it's slippery... are you kidding? Lol! That's your back up? Your laptop chassis is a fake aluminum body, meaning it does not help with the cooling of computer parts, etc etc. So, each time your hardware does get heated up - it's life is considerably shorter which is why you will often see PC laptops fail faster than an Apple laptop. Whats the diference between fake and real aluminium? I have these cooling turbines which i can, actually, change if i want, with only screwdiver and brains. So easy.

My fifth point - Apple chargers do cost a lot, however, they also save your computer a lot of damages. What is the point of having an expensive computer if the charger can break and actually cause damage to the innards of the computer as well? You are only considering the cost of the charger, but since yours requires a physical connection and hold, if somebody pulls on it - it will also damage the hardware within the computer. If im not happy with it, i can get a magnetic nonnector also, if i want.

You do have a newer processor and better GPU - however, as I said, my laptop is 3 years old and still has these specs that match up to yours. The GPU I have been using has allowed me to play pretty much any game I have approached on max FPS. The only time it stutters is when I am playing the game and trying to record it in 1080p. Even then, it's acceptable quality.
Which game did you try? There are no new games for mac. Pac man is btw, but that does not require any kind of graphic card.

Lastly, you define Windows 8 as better... how? Every website I have visited points out that OS X is loaded with more features and can do more. If you have an issue with compatibility, which is very rare these days, the options to run Parallels exists. See the link if you don't believe me: http://www.infoworld.com/d/microsoft-windows/deathmatch-review-windows-81-vs-os-x-mavericks-228631

Windows is nicer to use, Windows 8 looks nice and colourful, Windows 8 runs all new pc games you can imagine. Mac looks terrible and its painfull to use.

Oh, also, in the price factor, you did not mention that Windows OS can cost $200+
It is expensive if you buy it externally, like not peviously installed to computer. Also, I can get windows free from my workplace if i want.

Gf.