PDA

View Full Version : Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Argyros
01-19-2014, 09:40 PM
I. Intro
II. Basic concept
III. Possible advancements
IV. Conclusion

I. Intro

Hey folks!
In this thread, I have a fairly simple solution to the 2/3pc ring problem. Many players at the moment, are unable to obtain these rings because you must cap two or more times. Eh, but there seems like we are at a loss of a new cap right now. Its been over a year now. Many ideas have been thrown around, trying to solve this issue. Let me stop rambling on old news and cut to the chase.
Currently if a player levels up to the cap, it would be level 75. If they wanted to reach the, "elite cap," they would have to grind 100,000 more xp to 76. At level 76, a player has two extra quests they may complete.
1- A quest that requires the player to destroy the, "Elite Red Dragon," 76 times. The reward is a, "Shadow Minion Disguise."
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/gy3etypa.jpg

2- A quest that requires a player to defeat, "Elite Onyx." This can only be done after a player has earned the shadow minion disguise. The reward is a, "Best friend eternally," pet.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/4atuhepy.jpg
After completing these quests, a player is done. Unless, they have reached the cap in Humania, Mt. fang or, any other cap from 56 on up. Then they will automatically receive a quest allowing them to go to the fallen prince, and receive a 2/3pc ring. Read more here- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78184-Guide-to-Elite-Level-Cap-and-Dragon-Vanity-Bonuses
Unfortunately, players who joined during the current cap cannot get these greats rings. In this thread, I give a solution to this, while still making the players work as hard or harder for these rings.

II. Basic concept

Soooo, now for the idea. If you capped right now, your characters xp bar would look like this-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/buna2aty.jpg

So if my idea was implemented, after you had completed the two elite quests, you would get a third quest to go to the fallen prince. He would then give you an option to, "Start elite xp gain." Once you start it, your characters inspect page would look something like this-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/una2ynyh.jpg

To earn this xp you would simply grind in regular dungeons. Once completed, you would return to the fallen prince, and accept a new quest. This quest, instead of slaying the elite dragon 76 times, would then require you to slay elite onyx 76 times. Upon completion, you would receive a possible recolored best friend eternally pet-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/7uqu5ymy.jpg

In addition to that, you would then be given a 2pc ring. For obtaining the 3pc ring would be similar, go to fallen prince, unlock, "Elite II," xp, and start grinding away at Blacksmoke Mountain-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/baqujy6u.jpg

Upon completing, you could return to the fallen prince to receive another hardcore quest. Basically defeat elite onyx 76 more times, or possibly defeat each bsm boss 76 times. The reward may look like this-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/u9eqe7yn.jpg

To finish the quest, simply hand it into the fallen prince, receive the reward, and a 3pc ring. Your inspect page would say- "lvl 76 I, 0/1"

III. Possible advancements.

So everything seems pretty grindy, which it is. If STS wanted to spice things up, they could add more than just 2 recolored vanities which my idea requires. Possibly adding actual elite vanities for the quests? Like helm and armor? Or recoloring bsm 2 extra times, or just recoloring bosses. Thoughts on this?

•Or, as I posted in a comment on page 2, let the quests to be optional, and only allow xp to be gained in bsm.

•As a reward for completing the Elite I xp, there may be a title called [Elite I] or [Elite II] etc.

IV. Conclusion

So hopefully this seems like a reasonable idea? 2 recolored vanities, an extra leveling system, etc. The goal is for newer players to eventually obtain these rings, WHILE grinding as hard or harder than in previous quests. Discuss?

-P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fear
01-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Whoa I like dis. But not the eye pet... Ugly. I want a sexy big dragon!! Or a vanity helm that is sexier than CoP (CoP too sexy) all I want is looks doe.

STS LISTEN TO DIS! MAN IS WISE

Caiahar
01-19-2014, 09:45 PM
I like it alot, especially since it won't give you cap vanities, and gives you 2 awesome looking eye pets!

Argyros
01-19-2014, 10:03 PM
I like it alot, especially since it won't give you cap vanities, and gives you 2 awesome looking eye pets!

Yep. The hard part, is making it something STG would do. New cap vanities+ campaigns aren't very reasonable what so ever.

Stevenmc
01-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I suggested something like the boss quests, I like the colored pets too. I just think that every player who wants to be elite can be, not just the oldies who are elite because they have been around longer.

Apasara
01-20-2014, 12:04 AM
Ooo!!! Its wonderful idea. Me likes me likes!

Roberto077
01-20-2014, 12:09 AM
I would rather have something more like 500,000 kills (that doesn't need to be official kills).

Basically you can go to any map and senselessly slaughter everything in your path 500,000 times to get a ring and a third eye.

One word: worth

Trenton
01-20-2014, 12:31 AM
I would rather have something more like 500,000 kills (that doesn't need to be official kills).

Basically you can go to any map and senselessly slaughter everything in your path 500,000 times to get a ring and a third eye.

One word: worth go to mega maze two or three times and you'd get it

xP

Jig
01-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Not bad idea I like, ill comment when I have time to read it all >.<

ctf
01-20-2014, 01:21 AM
What about the people who already have 2p or 3p...

Fear
01-20-2014, 02:29 AM

Who cares

Rot
01-20-2014, 02:51 AM
a really cool idea, thumbs up!

Extreme
01-20-2014, 03:59 AM
Who cares

I do.

Jig
01-20-2014, 04:10 AM
Who cares

I do to.

Cheenivie
01-20-2014, 07:30 AM
Yea imo if they implemented this they would have to do something for the players who already have 2-3pc rings...

Argyros
01-20-2014, 08:04 AM

Yea imo if they implemented this they would have to do something for the players who already have 2-3pc rings...

For the players who already have a 2pc, they could grind to, "Elite I," complete the quest, and get a 3pc. For players that have a 3pc, they could grind up to Elite I, or II, for the random vanity if they wanted to. There isn't a huge reason for players who already have an elite ring to get to Elite II. It is just another option for newer players to get the rings. Plus, there would not be a stat difference from lvl 76, and lvl 76 Elite II.

I was considering some other possible improvements... Instead of a required quest make it an extra optional quest at the end of complete 100k/100k xp for either elite I or II. But, only allow elite xp to be earned in bsm alone, no mega maze lol.

Also, I just noticed that if the elite xp bar was under the normal xp bar, there would not be room for stats to be shown. So therefore, this may look better-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/py5erana.jpg

Which would work better in your opinion?

Roberto077
01-20-2014, 08:05 AM
go to mega maze two or three times and you'd get it

xP

That's only around 600 kills :/

BroadCastle
01-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Hello,

well done Argyros, thanks for summarizing the fragment of ideas being widespread in numerous threads last weeks into one complete vision. Hopefully rasises the odds of attracting STG attention. I really like your idea, as soon as it's less gossipable in comparison to other ideas (my idea about completing all quests or idea about kills upwards). I also think, that recolored eye is good pick, If we don't consider option of some brand new designed item. It's mostly because of noone loves the current eye as much as to be upset theres some similar item. Recoloring some of older cap vanities may have awaken another wave of anger. But basically, there would be few more options, like recoloring some dragon as mentioned etc.

Anyway, thinking about details of your concept, there may be some little pitfalls. I really don't know, how difficult is to change the basic system and menu interface, maybe it's pretty easy for devs. But as I know from programming, sometimes your code is like that adding one letter at the end of some string is pretty huge complication. Also, there might be problem with "promoting" vanity pet for elite set part. I'd guess that Fallen Prince is now made only to check your vanity armour, not the pet.

But all these are just minor issues. Generally, this idea is the best and most complex so far. I fully support that, if only I could do something more than just comment and thank :)

Thanks!

Argyros
01-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Hello,

well done Argyros, thanks for summarizing the fragment of ideas being widespread in numerous threads last weeks into one complete vision. Hopefully rasises the odds of attracting STG attention. I really like your idea, as soon as it's less gossipable in comparison to other ideas (my idea about completing all quests or idea about kills upwards). I also think, that recolored eye is good pick, If we don't consider option of some brand new designed item. It's mostly because of noone loves the current eye as much as to be upset theres some similar item. Recoloring some of older cap vanities may have awaken another wave of anger. But basically, there would be few more options, like recoloring some dragon as mentioned etc.

Anyway, thinking about details of your concept, there may be some little pitfalls. I really don't know, how difficult is to change the basic system and menu interface, maybe it's pretty easy for devs. But as I know from programming, sometimes your code is like that adding one letter at the end of some string is pretty huge complication. Also, there might be problem with "promoting" vanity pet for elite set part. I'd guess that Fallen Prince is now made only to check your vanity armour, not the pet.

But all these are just minor issues. Generally, this idea is the best and most complex so far. I fully support that, if only I could do something more than just comment and thank :)

Thanks!

Thanks you so much for your response. ^^

I acknowledge that changing the menu interface would be very difficult, so I came up with a new solution to that problem. Adding a I at the end of the, "lvl 76," so that the menu interface would look similar to the image below. (It would only look like that after, you had spoken with the fallen prince, and started the elite I xp gain)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/herypezu.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but adding the I at the end of lvl 76, would just be another HUD? Should not be impossible, to my limited knowledge. Also, after the elite xp gain was started, it would simply be like lvling up from 75 to 76 again, some of the code should be still there. I'm not a professional programmer, but this idea shouldn't seem like a daunting task for a developer.

There definitely could be a different rewards/quests after completing Elite I or Elite II. I was just throwing out an idea that could possibly work. The main point for implementing this would mainly be for the opportunity to obtain an elite ring. I plan to edit the main body post as soon as possible. :D

Thanks again.

BroadCastle
01-20-2014, 09:51 AM
^True indeed. I somehow missed this edit, solving the interface changes, nice. About adding letter, we all can only imaginate, how the system works. It can be easy enclosing one letter at the end of string, but also the Level 76 may contain of constant text and function integer, possibely harder to change. But ur right, all these should be still very easy job, considering it may result in pretty cool content and bringing alot of players (including me) to pve :)

ImHawk
01-20-2014, 10:36 AM

Who cares
I do

Argyros
01-20-2014, 10:58 AM
I do

I responded to this a few posts up. If you would like to post, post something useful please. I'm sure Delphina wouldn't mind giving you an infraction. Tyvm.

Suentous PO
01-20-2014, 11:10 AM
I like this idea not only for newer players but for anyone who has a rhino or fox with only one cap. Those two classes could benefit from a lil ring stat boost.

lightzone
01-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Why are all these 3 pc players whining about how they need a stat boost too?

You guys are already OP, give the players without elite rings a chance.

Trenton
01-20-2014, 11:51 AM
That's only around 600 kills :/ was an exaggeration :p

Trenton
01-20-2014, 11:54 AM

You guys are already OP, give the players without elite rings a chance. Why do you think people without elite rings don't have a chance? Just get better.

Argyros
01-20-2014, 12:12 PM

Why do you think people without elite rings don't have a chance? Just get better.

Trenton, I believe lightzone is referring to obtaining an elite ring. Like a chance in ever getting one? Otherwise you are correct, players without elite rings do have a chance in pvp. 3pc rings sure do help in pvp tho. Yes you can, "just get better," but at a certain point you can't. You will lack the boost in stats.

Reunegade
01-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Why do you think people without elite rings don't have a chance? Just get better.
I agree, to some extent. If one player is skilled and the other is not but has a 3 pc ring, chances are that the other person will win.

BroadCastle
01-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Sorry for repeating myself, I said this already in few other discussions. The argument, that players don't NEED elite rings is irrelevant in such a discussion. No doubts that what Trenton and some others keeps saying is true, you really don't "need that ring so badly" to be good. The actual question is however "Why should they NOT be allowed to get them?". All those ideas, leaded by this one from Argyros are not to cover some critical need, but to do something for pretty big number of players, who didn't have chance (or just didn't) cap before. Questions like "I have 3pc ring, what will this brong to me???" are a bit selfish.

Roberto077
01-20-2014, 01:59 PM

5 pc ring >:D

1 mana for each extra beyond 3

>:D

ctf
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM

People without 2-3p rings arent OP.
I just got my 2p ring for my mage about 2 days ago and before that i did fine in ctf. Check angeldawns thread.

Sheugokin
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Whoa I like dis. But not the eye pet... Ugly. I want a sexy big dragon!! Or a vanity helm that is sexier than CoP (CoP too sexy) all I want is looks doe.

STS LISTEN TO DIS! MAN IS WISE

Too bad I agree w/ dis nub.

Roberto077
01-20-2014, 05:29 PM

I think he just meant if they got a buff, then they would be far stronger. It's s pretty good advantage as is.

Cavoc
01-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I agree, to some extent. If one player is skilled and the other is not but has a 3 pc ring, chances are that the other person will win.

That's true, but most people with 3 piece have been around for long enough to be pretty good.
But beating someone with a 3 piece is a lot more of an accomplishing feeling, rather than beating someone without one. Unless you just don't like the person. Atleast for me it is, so that's one thing I do enjoy about it.

lightzone
01-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Trenton, I believe lightzone is referring to obtaining an elite ring. Like a chance in ever getting one? Otherwise you are correct, players without elite rings do have a chance in pvp. 3pc rings sure do help in pvp tho. Yes you can, "just get better," but at a certain point you can't. You will lack the boost in stats.

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Caiahar
01-20-2014, 06:41 PM

That's true, but most people with 3 piece have been around for long enough to be pretty good.
But beating someone with a 3 piece is a lot more of an accomplishing feeling, rather than beating someone without one. Unless you just don't like the person. Atleast for me it is, so that's one thing I do enjoy about it.
I feel so satisfied killing 76 1337 birds alone, if they have dragon rings, 2PC ring, or 3PC, I feel even better :D

Argyros
01-20-2014, 11:18 PM

I feel so satisfied killing 76 1337 birds alone, if they have dragon rings, 2PC ring, or 3PC, I feel even better :D

I could see how that would feel good haha. Thanks for comments guys, I appreciate it.

Cavoc
01-20-2014, 11:40 PM
I could see how that would feel good haha. Thanks for comments guys, I appreciate it.

Don't get me wrong, the idea is awesome. I think I could give that accomplished feeling up for one of dem rings :)

Jig
01-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Prestige lvls, prestige 1, lvl 76, gain 150k xp and you gain prestige 2, a different coloured name, and so on whatever.. Prestige lvls with name colouring give those who already have 3piece a super cool sparkle, and those who achieve 3piece the easy noob way, give them just a average looking noob sparkle :)

Argyros
01-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Prestige lvls, prestige 1, lvl 76, gain 150k xp and you gain prestige 2, a different coloured name, and so on whatever.. Prestige lvls with name colouring give those who already have 3piece a super cool sparkle, and those who achieve 3piece the easy noob way, give them just a average looking noob sparkle :)

Eh the noob way? They still have to grind 100k xp just like you guys did for previous caps. New sparkle? Eh let's just use the regular 2/3pc rings. Meh, the players who already have 3pc, don't have to grind to 76 elite I, because they are already at the cap. Unless they want a little statless vanity.

Cheenivie
01-21-2014, 08:17 AM
I don't think giving just a vanity to players who have 3pc is enough, the point of the ring is to give an advantage to the players who have capped 2-3times. You guys keep saying they haven't had the chance to cap 2or3 times, just like we haven't had the chance to cap 4-5-6 times. We decided to cap before and they didn't, it was there choice and now they are regretting it, unless they haven't started PL yet which is even worse.

If they were to implement something like this, they should only give the oppurtunity to the players who have played previous caps on that toon and that they have been capped 6months. Why 6months? Because it used to be 3months between every cap so I believe it would be fair enough.

Argyros
01-21-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't think giving just a vanity to players who have 3pc is enough, the point of the ring is to give an advantage to the players who have capped 2-3times. You guys keep saying they haven't had the chance to cap 2or3 times, just like we haven't had the chance to cap 4-5-6 times. We decided to cap before and they didn't, it was there choice and now they are regretting it, unless they haven't started PL yet which is even worse.

If they were to implement something like this, they should only give the oppurtunity to the players who have played previous caps on that toon and that they have been capped 6months. Why 6months? Because it used to be 3months between every cap so I believe it would be fair enough.

You misunderstanding something. There is no reason at all, for a player who already has a 3pc, to go and get elite I or elite ii. The vanity quest at the end of each one who just be a Lil something extra. Grinding 100k at bsm only, (no mega maze lol) is hard enough for many players. It makes no sense whatsoever for them to be capped 6 months. Players in nuris and fang etc, could have easily quit right after they capped, and came back back to the game in the next cap. It doesn't seem logical to have a 6 month wait period. If someone wants to grind 300k xp right after l75 for a 3pc, let them do it.

BroadCastle
01-21-2014, 12:47 PM
This is just the syndrome "why do I NOT get something new since THEY do?!". Funny how many of us can't stand feeling that others will catch up, at least in case of elite rings. You are all forgeting, that this is nothing new. Why there is 5th cap already but only 3pc ring ha? Shouldn't those dedicated guys who capped 5 times grouse around like why dont we have 5pc ring? See, they didn't. Why not to accept that by capping earlier, we all got just TEMPORARE advantage, and now it's time to let others to reach it? Being better for year or more was pretty nice, wasn't it? Let's stop being selfish and stop saying "Pfff ok, give them 3pc but only if I get 6pc..." and rather be glad for others. Argryos already repeated our common view many times, don't force him to repeat those clear purposes again and again.

gibol1412
01-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Agree too. I have seen many people without 3pc ring and they played very good in pvp or pve.
This thread is nice idea, but I would much better new maps and level 81. STS could done something in 1.5 year, even slow. I think they didin't even try.

Fusionstrike
01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
To me, this whole discussion is about reasonable expectations. A couple of years ago, it was a given that new caps would keep coming. It was not a question of "if" but "when". If things were still that way, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Those without the special thing would simply wait a few months for new cap and then they'd get their chance to catch up. If they chose not to do it, they would have nobody to blame but themselves. This was a reasonable situation.

Now, the story has changed. It's very likely that those who missed out will never have a chance to catch up. Whether they chose not to cap and are regretting it or they simply joined PL in the last year and have never had the chance, they find themselves with no opportunity to compete with those who have been around a long time. But they can't just wait until their turn comes around; they're stuck this way forever. That is not a reasonable situation.

What we're grappling with is that the very design of these cap bonuses is flawed. Since it requires chaining 2 or 3 caps together, the will always be someone who misses out when the last cap comes. The only way to be "fair" to all is to have an infinite number of caps so there's always a catch-up chance. Since that's not possible, I think it's perfectly reasonable to figure out how to have an alternate mechanism in place so that it's not completely dependent on a "next cap". It was reasonable back when new caps were a given, but not now.

Arguing that "hey I had to do it x way, they should too!!" doesn't really make sense. The game has changed a lot, so why shouldn't this aspect change too? It makes for a better game if players who just joined recently have the same opportunity to compete as the veterans. If I were new and I learned that the game has special features that I have no chance to earn and therefore I will always be at a disadvantage, I would be much less likely to stay. Even if the disadvantage is small, I would resent it on principle. Everyone should have the same chance to try to compete to be the best.

Argyros
01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
To me, this whole discussion is about reasonable expectations. A couple of years ago, it was a given that new caps would keep coming. It was not a question of "if" but "when". If things were still that way, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Those without the special thing would simply wait a few months for new cap and then they'd get their chance to catch up. If they chose not to do it, they would have nobody to blame but themselves. This was a reasonable situation.

Now, the story has changed. It's very likely that those who missed out will never have a chance to catch up. Whether they chose not to cap and are regretting it or they simply joined PL in the last year and have never had the chance, they find themselves with no opportunity to compete with those who have been around a long time. But they can't just wait until their turn comes around; they're stuck this way forever. That is not a reasonable situation.

What we're grappling with is that the very design of these cap bonuses is flawed. Since it requires chaining 2 or 3 caps together, the will always be someone who misses out when the last cap comes. The only way to be "fair" to all is to have an infinite number of caps so there's always a catch-up chance. Since that's not possible, I think it's perfectly reasonable to figure out how to have an alternate mechanism in place so that it's not completely dependent on a "next cap". It was reasonable back when new caps were a given, but not now.

Arguing that "hey I had to do it x way, they should too!!" doesn't really make sense. The game has changed a lot, so why shouldn't this aspect change too? It makes for a better game if players who just joined recently have the same opportunity to compete as the veterans. If I were new and I learned that the game has special features that I have no chance to earn and therefore I will always be at a disadvantage, I would be much less likely to stay. Even if the disadvantage is small, I would resent it on principle. Everyone should have the same chance to try to compete to be the best.

Agreed. Even the oldies could benefit from this idea tho. How? Rhinos and foxes were of course, were introduced during the big bsm update. Any oldie, could get an elite ring on those two classes as well, if they are up to it.

So what are your thoughts on the possibility of this system? Is it reasonable?

Cheenivie
01-21-2014, 04:26 PM
You misunderstanding something. There is no reason at all, for a player who already has a 3pc, to go and get elite I or elite ii. The vanity quest at the end of each one who just be a Lil something extra. Grinding 100k at bsm only, (no mega maze lol) is hard enough for many players. It makes no sense whatsoever for them to be capped 6 months. Players in nuris and fang etc, could have easily quit right after they capped, and came back back to the game in the next cap. It doesn't seem logical to have a 6 month wait period. If someone wants to grind 300k xp right after l75 for a 3pc, let them do it.

And there is something you're misunderstanding from my point. They gave this ring to players who reached elite cap 2-3times or more as an advantage, if they were to give it to players who didn't they would need to find an advantage for those players who capped 2-3times or more

Argyros
01-21-2014, 05:12 PM
And there is something you're misunderstanding from my point. They gave this ring to players who reached elite cap 2-3times or more as an advantage, if they were to give it to players who didn't they would need to find an advantage for those players who capped 2-3times or more

Well first off, sts isnt, "giving it to players." These players will have to work extremely hard grinding bsm for these rings. Just like you ground the xp out a fang to get your MFA. Except, they aren't getting MFA. They are just getting the ring. No, no, STS does NOT need to find an advantage for players who have capped in practically all caps since sewers, and have every elite vanity. Sts gave the elite vanities as a REWARD for grinding 100k xp! It shouldn't thought of as an advantage. The elite rings are just a more convenient way of showing off that you have grinded 300k+ xp, and that you deserve it. I can get some links for you. Read the Fusions post, I quoted it or you can read above.

Elitephonix
01-21-2014, 05:50 PM

Why would you grind if you already have the 2p or 3p, this thread was strictly about people who doesn't have them.

Cheenivie
01-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Well first off, sts isnt, "giving it to players." These players will have to work extremely hard grinding bsm for these rings. Just like you ground the xp out a fang to get your MFA. Except, they aren't getting MFA. They are just getting the ring. No, no, STS does NOT need to find an advantage for players who have capped in practically all caps since sewers, and have every elite vanity. Sts gave the elite vanities as a REWARD for grinding 100k xp! It shouldn't thought of as an advantage. The elite rings are just a more convenient way of showing off that you have grinded 300k+ xp, and that you deserve it. I can get some links for you. Read the Fusions post, I quoted it or you can read above.

The reason they gave 3piece rings was also a gift for capping. I totally agree that others should have the chance to get 3piece rings but I still and will keep believing that players with 2-3piece rings should get an advantage over those players who only capped once because they were either too lazy to cap or weren't playing, it's kinda like founder, players want it but didn't play when it was handed out, it's a small advantage for the players who founded the game and I believe that if they implement your idea they need to give an advantage to the players who capped previously to make it fair to them.

Argyros
01-21-2014, 06:12 PM
The reason they gave 3piece rings was also a gift for capping. I totally agree that others should have the chance to get 3piece rings but I still and will keep believing that players with 2-3piece rings should get an advantage over those players who only capped once because they were either too lazy to cap or weren't playing, it's kinda like founder, players want it but didn't play when it was handed out, it's a small advantage for the players who founded the game and I believe that if they implement your idea they need to give an advantage to the players who capped previously to make it fair to them.

Hm, I see your point tho. But, the majority players aren't lazy, they just don't like leveling (I.e. LVL1) or they started late. (I.e half of the pl community) Founders was a really bad move imho. I'm OK with having the founders helm as just a vanity, but stats is to far. Basic rule that should've been implemented-
•Never program an item that has stats and cannot, at any point be obtainable.
Now, the perhaps the black dragon and l71 elites situation may be brought up. Well, these are not too problematic, just because they don't give you a huge advantage. (The gold dragon ring I've been told is similar to black drag ring) But... What sts should have done for the elite maps is this-
•Let anyone who capped in Humania, and wears the monarch helm, be allowed to enter the l71 elite map. Anyone who has the eye of eternity can enter the l76 elite map etc.Black drag is a different story but I won't delve into that here.
Anyhow, there is no good reason for the player who capped back in the day to have an advantage. As a fact, AbsolutePally capped 1st in the fang cap, he acquired the MFA, then quit. What if he suddenly came back and capped, should he have a advantage over us?

Sheugokin
01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
If only STG would release a new cap....

Isopure
01-21-2014, 07:42 PM

Yes you can, "just get better," but at a certain point you can't. You will lack the boost in stats.

@tron Sure some people deserve it and do have skill but others do not.

What annoys me most is people hiding behind their rings and make it an excuse to berate and belittle fellow players. That isn't right or cool by any means and discourages people from playing end game pvp. Bragging about how you have been playing longer and received a 3 piece that pushes your stats well above and beyond those of an average player is no means for being a jerk. I have hosted games where I have faced people with 3 pieces and lost. Upon a new round they would take them off and I would win with flying colors. Birds, bears and Pallys I have faced. I will not name names and I'm not crying about rings because I don't have one but rather others behavior and attitude towards those who don't have them.

@argyos yes, precisely. People may win here and there vs those with increased stats but it comes down to luck and not so much skill at that point.

Isopure
01-21-2014, 07:51 PM
....... Founders... it's a small advantage for the players who founded the game

Founders is one thing and 3 piece is a whole different story. 3 piece isn't a small advantage over those with no rings/cap rings. It's a big advantage.

As a bear I'd love to have 880-900 hp 316-320 armor 48 dodge 109-122 hit%

but being a bear with no 3 piece I have 820-832 hp 304-308 armor 42 dodge (yes still high ik) and 102-106 hit%

those numbers vary with stats I've collected with bears of different builds, 3 piece, 3 piece and egg. That's why there is a range because with different builds and different rewards there is some variance.

Jig
01-22-2014, 01:02 AM
Founders is one thing and 3 piece is a whole different story. 3 piece isn't a small advantage over those with no rings/cap rings. It's a big advantage.

As a bear I'd love to have 880-900 hp 316-320 armor 48 dodge 109-122 hit%

but being a bear with no 3 piece I have 820-832 hp 304-308 armor 42 dodge (yes still high ik) and 102-106 hit%

those numbers vary with stats I've collected with bears of different builds, 3 piece, 3 piece and egg. That's why there is a range because with different builds and different rewards there is some variance.

If I'm int, and I'm wearing 3piece, and I'm versing you, don't cry cause I'm wearing 3piece, I would say bears are still op against int mages with 3 piece even if you don't have any ring, you still have a platinum ring. And you can still crush me if you know how to play a bear. Other whys good luck :)

But when it comes to str, 3 piece pallies are tricky :3 bears on the other hand, with 3 piece, are unbeatable :( no chance for an int Mage unless you have a perfect ping and some luck, and have some experience versing bears

You should like it as a bear, that extra 6 dodge isnt all that much even though you have 42+ and a fair amount of health

TEOKILLO
01-22-2014, 01:26 AM
Everything about this is great except for your ideals on the elite rings. If you didn't cap before, then you don't deserve it.

The new pets could still be used to show status as a truly hardcore xp grinder though

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 03:17 AM
Make elite rings have no stat bonus in pvp. Let us see who the real pros are.

BroadCastle
01-22-2014, 04:58 AM
Everything about this is great except for your ideals on the elite rings. If you didn't cap before, then you don't deserve it.

The new pets could still be used to show status as a truly hardcore xp grinder though

Sound's pretty hypocrytic Teo. Name some facts to support your statement please. Why do you seriously think, that the time "before" should be more important than present?

Do you feel, there was no other benefit for capping before? Let me name few and correct me if it's not reasonable:

L56: Long period with best statd crafted helm, opportunity of buying dingys to equip all later chars with CoP, one of the coolest looking items ever.

L61: Cool Shield of Hallows, opportunity to have vanity set bonus already, which means months of being advantaged.

L66: Beside Fang Armor and opportunity for 2pc or 3pc vanity set bonus, there was maybe the hugest gift ever, Leading legensd angelic gear for all classes and vanity version... dam isnt that far over enough??

L71: Acces as to Humania Elite dungeon to farm Twisters, Marlins and Blasters, so to Blacksmoke prewiev to get Elite quests, dragon pet rewards, exclusive elites and finally opportunity to barm black dragon...

To sum it up, I can see more than 2 years of enjoying different benefits, being elite etc. For sure, it was well deserved, no doubts. But as you mentioned, it was before. I don't think, that rings should be exclusive right for old players, really.

Btw it's funny how some say that 3pc isn't considerable advantage on the one hand, but right after they can't stand even smell of idea, that others will catch up.

Jig
01-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Make elite rings have no stat bonus in pvp. Let us see who the real pros are.

Just cause you have 2pc nub :)) sarcasm

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Just cause you have 2pc nub :)) sarcasm

But that's an elite ring! I mean all of them haha. A just sets pvp. Everyone has the same stats! I pvp without my ring already a lot because when you beat someone without one, they say "ring :/". Then you take it off and beat them again and they say "lag" haha :)

Jig
01-22-2014, 10:01 AM
But that's an elite ring! I mean all of them haha. A just sets pvp. Everyone has the same stats! I pvp without my ring already a lot because when you beat someone without one, they say "ring :/". Then you take it off and beat them again and they say "lag" haha :)

Then, I have encountered too many times :/ yeah well, when you see in other games examples Arcane Legends, they don't get nothing but a colored Banner for capping! Every cap 16-21-26-31-36 its like red blue green forgot 31 then purple O.o ok well why don't they just take away stats, but make cooler sparkles then. Aye?

Well that sort of eliminates 25% of this dodging crap for bears and birds! but I want slightly more Mana pool so bears don't nuke in beckon stomp slash, and give more Health slightly, would be great!

Argyros
01-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Then, I have encountered too many times :/ yeah well, when you see in other games examples Arcane Legends, they don't get nothing but a colored Banner for capping! Every cap 16-21-26-31-36 its like red blue green forgot 31 then purple O.o ok well why don't they just take away stats, but make cooler sparkles then. Aye?

Well that sort of eliminates 25% of this dodging crap for bears and birds! but I want slightly more Mana pool so bears don't nuke in beckon stomp slash, and give more Health slightly, would be great!

Eh, I think elite rings are still good, I mean, what's the point of going through all the trouble just to make it into a ring? It was a pretty genius idea. Elite rings really aren't the issue. Turning them into a sparkle ring would eliminate all use of the ring from pvp. People would then go crashing into the market to get a black dragon ring or a golden drag ring.

angeldawn
01-22-2014, 10:37 AM
I have to admit I stop reading all the post.

@ OP
I have capped ever cap on several toons. I have 3 piece rings on 4 toons. According to your proposal, now I have to grind out another 200k xp on each toon to get new vanities and the Elite III title?? How is that fair??

**YOU DONT NEED A 3PIECE RING TO BE GOOD***

@ Others

I see ppl talking about rings giving you better stats and what not and how it's not fair. What about level 75 players who don't use the elite bow or ppl who still don't have sets. You can't tell me you have NEVER play against one of these players. Well that's not fair your stats are better!!

There aren players who have been around for years but this was their first cap. I agree with Cheen, I do not think they should be able to get ring because they chose not to cap.

If additional rIng where allowed to be obtained they should be somewhat inferior to the original rings. They would still be beneficial to those who don't have one.

If STS implemented new rings with same old stats it tells players they don't have to cap as soon as it comes out cuz STS will let them get one later. When STS does come out with new cap, what is the incentive for customers to buy plat and cap quickly. Implementing these new 3 piece rings will also hurt the future cash flow to STS.

Please stop looking at it from a jealously perspective (I don't have so I should be able to get cuz I want one) look at it from a business perspective. It might bring in a quick cash now, but there will be no need for anyone to cap next cap or the following.

Argyros
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM

@ OP
1 I have capped ever cap on several toons. I have 3 piece rings on 4 toons. According to your proposal, now I have to grind out another 200k xp on each toon to get new vanities and the Elite III title?? How is that fair??

@ Others

2 I see ppl talking about rings giving you better stats and what not and how it's not fair. What about level 75 players who don't use the elite bow or ppl who still don't have sets. You can't tell me you have NEVER play against one of these players. Well that's not fair your stats are better!!

3 There aren players who have been around for years but this was their first cap. I agree with Cheen, I do not think they should be able to get ring because they chose not to cap.

4 If additional rIng where allowed to be obtained they should be somewhat inferior to the original rings. They would still be beneficial to those who don't have one.

5 If STS implemented new rings with same old stats it tells players they don't have to cap as soon as it comes out cuz STS will let them get one later. When STS does come out with new cap, what is the incentive for customers to buy plat and cap quickly. Implementing these new 3 piece rings will also hurt the future cash flow to STS.

5 Please stop looking at it from a jealously perspective (I don't have so I should be able to get cuz I want one) look at it from a business perspective. It might bring in a quick cash now, but there will be no need for anyone to cap next cap or the following.

1st Bold Paragraph- No you do not have to grind 200k xp to get each toon a random Lil vanity and title. If you are motivated, or have a rhino or fox, or have not capped 3 times, go right ahead. There is no point in a player who has a l76 with a 3pc, to grind 200k elite xp to elite II. Unless they want a lil vanity or title. It is mainly for players who are up to the challenge to obtain a 2/3pc.

**As I have said before, no one needs a 3pc ring to be good. But at a certain point, you can't get any better because the lack in stats. Skilled bird vs skilled bird with 3pc, who will win? 3pc bird off.***

2nd Bold Paragraph- This thread isn't promoting equality. If a player doesn't have gear, he should go to ao2, solo all maps, farm plasma until he can buy one. If a player doesn't have pheonix because he's l75, let him grind at bsm. Bsm is free to all ofc. Otherwise the player is simply lazy, and does not deserve the extra stats.

3rd Bold Paragraph- Are you serious? If a player was around for earlier caps, but were to lazy/didn't care/were noobs, why should it bother you? If they aren't motivated to cap, let them grind as hard or harder, for the same objective you capped these last 5 caps. The rest of that paragraph translates to selfishness. Many players joined after the bsm cap! You are basically saying, I don't want those people to ever be able to get an elite ring! What if there is never an 86 cap? They will never get one? That is folly Angel.

4th Bold Paragraph- Balderdash. A player grinded 300k+ xp for a 3pc, let new player grind 300k+ for a 3pc. Let them get the same 3pc. If an alternative 3 piece is slightly downgraded, what would be the point of grinding 300k+ xp? There wouldn't be a point. The goal is to allow players to be on the same stat level as other oldies, ofc they must work like the oldies did for it. Make sense yet?

5th Bold Paragraph- Bleep Bleep, wrong. Have you not noticed the pattern in new caps yet? When Humania came out, about 50+ people rushed to cap and got the volcanut. Then they changed the vanity. In bsm, 375ish players rushed to the cap in four days, to get an egg. That's how players were motivated to cap fast. The next cap, I believe sts will make a 3rd vanity/op armor that players may obtain by capping in the first 4 days. The volcanut and the egg matched btw. Sts is savvy. An exclusive item would solve that problem haha. If a new cap came out, new players will join, thus eventually wanted a 3pc ring. If this suggestion was implemented, it would solve that problem for any new cap to come. Does that make sense as well?

6th Bold Paragraph- Where, in any of these 6 pages of posts did I ever even hint of not having a 2-3pc ring? Well I have capped in fang on up, (I joined late nuris) and I have one of the elite rings. If I look at it in a business perspective I see how it will work. If there is an 81 cap, all sts has to do, is implement 3+ elite quests (like shadow minion) that give some recolored/revamped vanities. They gotta be sick tho. Solves the problems.

Capaholics just capped his 19th character! Gz to him btw. Some players just cap for the fun of capping. If there is another cap, trust me, players will cap. ^^

angeldawn
01-22-2014, 11:51 AM
1st Bold Paragraph- No you do not have to grind 200k xp to get each toon a random Lil vanity and title. If you are motivated, or have a rhino or fox, or have not capped 3 times, go right ahead. There is no point in a player who has a l76 with a 3pc, to grind 200k elite xp to elite II. Unless they want a lil vanity or title. It is mainly for players who are up to the challenge to obtain a 2/3pc.

**As I have said before, no one needs a 3pc ring to be good. But at a certain point, you can't get any better because the lack in stats. Skilled bird vs skilled bird with 3pc, who will win? 3pc bird off.***

2nd Bold Paragraph- This thread isn't promoting equality. If a player doesn't have gear, he should go to ao2, solo all maps, farm plasma until he can buy one. If a player doesn't have pheonix because he's l75, let him grind at bsm. Bsm is free to all ofc. Otherwise the player is simply lazy, and does not deserve the extra stats.

3rd Bold Paragraph- Are you serious? If a player was around for earlier caps, but were to lazy/didn't care/were noobs, why should it bother you? If they aren't motivated to cap, let them grind as hard or harder, for the same objective you capped these last 5 caps. The rest of that paragraph translates to selfishness. Many players joined after the bsm cap! You are basically saying, I don't want those people to ever be able to get an elite ring! What if there is never an 86 cap? They will never get one? That is folly Angel.

4th Bold Paragraph- Balderdash. A player grinded 300k+ xp for a 3pc, let new player grind 300k+ for a 3pc. Let them get the same 3pc. If an alternative 3 piece is slightly downgraded, what would be the point of grinding 300k+ xp? There wouldn't be a point. The goal is to allow players to be on the same stat level as other oldies, ofc they must work like the oldies did for it. Make sense yet?

5th Bold Paragraph- Bleep Bleep, wrong. Have you not noticed the pattern in new caps yet? When Humania came out, about 50+ people rushed to cap and got the volcanut. Then they changed the vanity. In bsm, 375ish players rushed to the cap in four days, to get an egg. That's how players were motivated to cap fast. The next cap, I believe sts will make a 3rd vanity/op armor that players may obtain by capping in the first 4 days. The volcanut and the egg matched btw. Sts is savvy. An exclusive item would solve that problem haha. If a new cap came out, new players will join, thus eventually wanted a 3pc ring. If this suggestion was implemented, it would solve that problem for any new cap to come. Does that make sense as well?

6th Bold Paragraph- Where, in any of these 6 pages of posts did I ever even hint of not having a 2-3pc ring? Well I have capped in fang on up, (I joined late nuris) and I have one of the elite rings. If I look at it in a business perspective I see how it will work. If there is an 81 cap, all sts has to do, is implement 3+ elite quests (like shadow minion) that give some recolored/revamped vanities. They gotta be sick tho. Solves the problems.

Capaholics just capped his 19th character! Gz to him btw. Some players just cap for the fun of capping. If there is another cap, trust me, players will cap. ^^

1) I shouldn't have to do what I have already done to get the vanity and title?? See the point??

2) Your thread is only promoting equality. You want every to have the same stats and same items even though they chose their paths and chose not to cap. Capping was available to everyone. Everyone has known since 56 that elite cap items give stats. They made their choices.

3) Yes I am serious. I don't think if they chose not to cap they should now get the same item. It should be inferior. And this goes for my other toons as well (my fox and rhino). I also think you must be 76 as well. If this is implemented. You should not be allowed to go and make your 71 a 3 piece.

4) The point is it would be something. Something is better than nothing. Here again you advocate equality.

5) Look at the list of ppl who capped in that 370+ (2 being myself) Most are PVPer they wanted the stats!! Most pvpers don't like PVE. They only cap to get rings and bonuses. There are many 76s with 3 pieces rings that don't cap their alts cuz they hate PVE. if STS doesn't reward with stats or increase the number of rings (which they said they won't) there is no incentive for PVPers to spend money and cap. A worthless vanity vs 100k xp. Most will say no thanks.

6) if there is no increase to the number of rings and everyone now has 3 pieces. There is no point in capping for PVPers who hate PVE. It is all lost revenue.

7) I cap just to cap. I have 7 toons capped but spend most my time in PVP. For as long as this cap has been out 13 doesn't seem extraordinary but congrats to him!! That's more than a month to cap each. It's PVPers who complain about the rings not PVEers. It's PVPers that they will lose income from.

xrainx
01-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Btw only 36 ppl got mantle of humanity.

@I agree with Angel, it's not fair. Ppl made their decisions, now they shouldn't get rings. Unless stg makes a new cap. Then im happy.

Argyros
01-22-2014, 12:23 PM
1) I shouldn't have to do what I have already done to get the vanity and title?? See the point??

2) Your thread is only promoting equality. You want every to have the same stats and same items even though they chose their paths and chose not to cap. Capping was available to everyone. Everyone has known since 56 that elite cap items give stats. They made their choices.

3) Yes I am serious. I don't think if they chose not to cap they should now get the same item. It should be inferior. And this goes for my other toons as well (my fox and rhino). I also think you must be 76 as well. If this is implemented. You should not be allowed to go and make your 71 a 3 piece.

4) The point is it would be something. Something is better than nothing. Here again you advocate equality.

5) Look at the list of ppl who capped in that 370+ (2 being myself) Most are PVPer they wanted the stats!! Most pvpers don't like PVE. They only cap to get rings and bonuses. There are many 76s with 3 pieces rings that don't cap their alts cuz they hate PVE. if STS doesn't reward with stats or increase the number of rings (which they said they won't) there is no incentive for PVPers to spend money and cap. A worthless vanity vs 100k xp. Most will say no thanks.

6) if there is no increase to the number of rings and everyone now has 3 pieces. There is no point in capping for PVPers who hate PVE. It is all lost revenue.

7) I cap just to cap. I have 7 toons capped but spend most my time in PVP. For as long as this cap has been out 13 doesn't seem extraordinary but congrats to him!! That's more than a month to cap each. It's PVPers who complain about the rings not PVEers. It's PVPers that they will lose income from.

1- Yes of course, but this system doesn't involve you, doing anything. You don't have to do anything. You rings will stay where they are?

2- I'm not equalizing there stat difference between level 75 players who don't have gear to level 76 players who have elite weapons, which your previous post hinted at... :/ I am trying to give players who do not have the elite ring the chance to have equal or similar stats tho. :P Well of course it was available to everyone! That still doesn't answer for the tons of player who were NOT lazy and joined during bsm cap.

3- Okay thanks for letting me know that you officially did not fully read and comprehend my thread. :confused: Here is a quote (read the underlined please)-

" Soooo, now for the idea. If you capped right now, your characters xp bar would look like this-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/buna2aty.jpg

So if my idea was implemented, after you had completed the two elite quests, you would get a third quest to go to the fallen prince. He would then give you an option to, "Start elite xp gain." Once you start it, your characters inspect page would look something like this-
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/una2ynyh.jpg"

Basically, you couldn't start it at level 71, you be level 76, and completed the shadow minion quest and elite onyx quest.

4- Something is obviously better than nothing. If my idea was implemented without the 3pc as it is today, people would not stop complaining, it wouldn't end it, it would multiply the complaints.

5- If you are a l75 bird with a 3pc, would you, 1) Stay at 75 and pvp, or, 2) Cap and get pheonix? Most would cap and get pheonix. If sts does create a l81 cap there will be elite weapons, ie better stats, more powerful in pvp.

6- By the way, it has been 1.5 YEARS since bsm started. No new cap on horizon, at least around half a year since new cap. It could be well over 3-5 yrs until a player who starts in bsm to get a 3pc. That is not reasonable. Where did anyone say that everyone will have 3pc rings? Some may grind for them, some may not. 300k xp that is solely farmed out of bsm is a hecka of a lot.

7- Yes, I'm a PVPer and this thread is mainly for PVPers. Most pvpers cap in mega maze. Got that? If the elite xp idea was implemented, PVPers couldnt just run to there mega maze, they would have to grind at bsm, which may be difficult. That is how not everyone may get a 3pc. This idea would just open up another route that may be shorter than waiter 4 years+. >.<

angeldawn
01-22-2014, 01:42 PM
I was referring to getting the vanities. I like having almost all vanities. But I shouldn't have to do 200k xp to get it. I put in my time. I was a loyal customer all along.

I did read your post. When I said a 71 shouldn't be able to get it I was adding my own thoughts Incase this was implemented in some way. When STS does implement things they don't always follow things to the 'T'

Capping in BSM Isn't that hard. A tad longer than maze but not hard.

The problem with things like this is, eventually STS will stop updating PL. When they do, does that mean all new player should be able to get older items because they weren't here and no new caps are coming? Like founders. It gives stats shouldn't everyone have one now? (I don't think founders should ever be given out again)

I think if you missed it, you missed it. Just like a manufacturer. The limited addition item is no longer made or available ...but here is the new model .... I'm sorry.

Btw there are birds that have 2 or 3 piece and are at 75 cuz they HATE PVE!!! The bow isn't enough to make ppl cap if they hate PVE.

Argyros
01-22-2014, 02:05 PM
I was referring to getting the vanities. I like having almost all vanities. But I shouldn't have to do 200k xp to get it. I put in my time. I was a loyal customer all along.

I did read your post. When I said a 71 shouldn't be able to get it I was adding my own thoughts Incase this was implemented in some way. When STS does implement things they don't always follow things to the 'T'

Capping in BSM Isn't that hard. A tad longer than maze but not hard.

The problem with things like this is, eventually STS will stop updating PL. When they do, does that mean all new player should be able to get older items because they weren't here and no new caps are coming? Like founders. It gives stats shouldn't everyone have one now? (I don't think founders should ever be given out again)

I think if you missed it, you missed it. Just like a manufacturer. The limited addition item is no longer made or available ...but here is the new model .... I'm sorry.

Btw there are birds that have 2 or 3 piece and are at 75 cuz they HATE PVE!!! The bow isn't enough to make ppl cap if they hate PVE.

Alright. I see your point, if you want to get the vanities, but you don't want to grind up 200k xp. Alright so what if you already have a 3pc, you could access the elite I and elite II quests? Sounds good. If bsm, it is around 7k ish per hr with 3x, with 2x weeklong or 1.5x gold it is 8kish per hr. Thrashing a bit more. If you do 3x+ thrasher+ 2x weeklong, you can get 15-20k xp per hr if your going fast. Doing quests is about 700 xp per quest. This is a crucial point, a 3pc ring is totally different from founders, a 3pc is should not be something you get from being here a long time (like founders). A 3pc is a reward for working hard. A 3pc is an exclusive item, but its not a veterans reward.
If you consider the 3pc a hard won reward, you will be able to grasp my thread. On the other hand if you consider it as a vet reward this thread is crap. There are some, in some, I mean under 10%.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 02:09 PM
"A 3pc is an exclusive item, but its not a veterans reward. "
I like chicken, but i dont like chicken

and also by doing this, they dont become exclusive, people have missed there chance and if your saying how about the new people then its balls to them. I have pride in my elites/rings.

Chopper
01-22-2014, 02:10 PM
I have a character at each stage, 1 with a 3 piece ring, 1 with 2 piece ring, and one with only a cap, but no Elite ring. While the normal answer would be to simply wait for the next cap, like other players have had to, it looks to be that there wont be another cap, or even if there was, the delay between caps would be like 2-3 years. That's really a long time.

I think given the state of the game, giving some way for players to catch up if they want would keep the game alive a little bit longer. The alternative is for any regular gamer now to simply lose interest even faster and the game collapses quicker, rather than slower. If the Elite ring stats are no big deal, like some people say, then, why would you have any objection to giving the option to some players to grind for them?

Argyros
01-22-2014, 02:23 PM
"A 3pc is an exclusive item, but its not a veterans reward. "
I like chicken, but i dont like chicken

and also by doing this, they dont become exclusive, people have missed there chance and if your saying how about the new people then its balls to them. I have pride in my elites/rings.

What about chicken lol. Pocket Legends is not advertised on public television like Clash of Clans or something. Many people found out bye random searching the appstore/playstore. I acknowledge that you have pride in your elite rings. Why?? Is it, A) Because you grindined 300k+ xp? Or is it, B) Because most players can't get it, and you have it? Which is the correct motive for disliking this thread and which is the understandable reason for supporting this thread?

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 02:40 PM
What about chicken lol. Pocket Legends is not advertised on public television like Clash of Clans or something. Many people found out bye random searching the appstore/playstore. I acknowledge that you have pride in your elite rings. Why?? Is it, A) Because you grindined 300k+ xp? Or is it, B) Because most players can't get it, and you have it? Which is the correct motive for disliking this thread and which is the understandable reason for supporting this thread?
i worked hard for it and I was one of the oldies who have been here since 56 cap, in fact even before this cap. I dont think new players should be able to receive the elite ring because it just makes me feel like i was cheated out of something that should have been for the more veterans of PL. i do agree tho that ur idea is a good one but except for the fact they get the elite rings, IMO they shud receive something else.

Argyros
01-22-2014, 02:56 PM
i worked hard for it and I was one of the oldies who have been here since 56 cap, in fact even before this cap. I dont think new players should be able to receive the elite ring because it just makes me feel like i was cheated out of something that should have been for the more veterans of PL. i do agree tho that ur idea is a good one but except for the fact they get the elite rings, IMO they shud receive something else.

The founders helm was for the vets. Let's leave it at that. This idea doesn't involve any noobs getting a cop or shield of hallows, you can still show those off. I also wrote about the best friend eternally recolored, that would work. Sts could aim a bit higher and create different elite quest rewards if they felt up to it. My idea was just trying to give the basic concept out, it definitely could use some Dev magic tho.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 03:00 PM
i dont want everbody having rings when they dont deserve to.... not the fact that grinding is the problem but the fact that it wasnt meant for everyone to have one.....theres a reason its called elite

Argyros
01-22-2014, 03:09 PM
i dont want everbody having rings when they dont deserve to.... not the fact that grinding is the problem but the fact that it wasnt meant for everyone to have one.....theres a reason its called elite

True. I would consider anyone who has grinded 300,000+ xp from bsm, elite, wouldn't you? I doubt everyone single endgamer will automatically be driven to grind that much xp. 300k is tons. Not everyone will end up having. Not everyone has even capped. Once people see the enormity of it... Lol.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 03:15 PM
eh idk maybe i play too much but capping isnt too hard once you get the hang of it and if you use elixirs, im positive MOST people use elixers to cap. Ive had guildies and myself who have capped multiple characters in a day. elite as in players who have been around for some time and have capped prior to bsm

Argyros
01-22-2014, 03:23 PM
eh idk maybe i play too much but capping isnt too hard once you get the hang of it and if you use elixirs, im positive MOST people use elixers to cap. Ive had guildies and myself who have capped multiple characters in a day. elite as in players who have been around for some time and have capped prior to bsm

I see what you mean tho. This would definitely be change if it was implemented. If they implemented a few very difficult elite quests in between the elite I and elite II, like complete all quests or get a certain amount of ap points, it may tough things up.

Cheenivie
01-22-2014, 04:39 PM
You're saying we can still show off our stuff which proves you don't understand what we are saying. Our point isn't about showing off, the point is that the players with 3piece rings waited to get bonuses. Do you think I was happy at fang when I found out CoP and SoH gave a bonus? Of course I wasn't I could've capped then and I was too lazy, I didn't deserve it but I waited my turn just like the newer/lazier players should wait theres.

BroadCastle
01-22-2014, 05:40 PM

^this is selfish bro, sorry to say that. Be proud of yourself anyway, without insisting on rings. You had sooo long time to enjoy the advantage benefits already... Where did you get the certainty in fact, that elite rings were only meant to be accesible temporarely, for oldies as a veteran item or something?

You're saying we can still show off our stuff which proves you don't understand what we are saying. Our point isn't about showing off, the point is that the players with 3piece rings waited to get bonuses. Do you think I was happy at fang when I found out CoP and SoH gave a bonus? Of course I wasn't I could've capped then and I was too lazy, I didn't deserve it but I waited my turn just like the newer/lazier players should wait theres.

^Briefly: Those "lazy/new" players already wait 3x longer than you did for a new cap. Please consider this.

Generally, I'm sick of how still the same things are being repeated here, and Argyros is still politely making smart answers. I know it's hard to read through this enlarging thread, but if you guys want to join and share your oppinions, you really should do it at least briefly. Commenting without even reading the main ideas is very bad mannered.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 05:45 PM
selfish? yes i am and i have the right to be. Just like people who had founders helm dont want everybody to have one.. you dont just say oh u had enough time to enjoy it and take it away.

BroadCastle
01-22-2014, 06:18 PM
selfish? yes i am and i have the right to be. Just like people who had founders helm dont want everybody to have one.. you dont just say oh u had enough time to enjoy it and take it away.

You can't stop about forunders helm can you? :D So many times we repeated, how different those 2 matters are. I can only agree, that you have full right to be selfish person. As well as you have right to be choleric, rude, bad, good-natured or kind... thats your choice. Talking about "exclusive rights" for item like elite ring is only may show which of previous choices you picked.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 06:30 PM
theres no end to this argument
people who have the rings will disagree and people like you who are trying to snatch the ring will agree to your hearts content... after all you guys dont have anything to lose on the other hand we have something at stake

Cheenivie
01-22-2014, 06:37 PM
people who have the rings will disagree and people like you who are trying to snatch the ring will agree to your hearts content... after all you guys dont have anything to lose on the other hand we have something at stake

100%agree

BroadCastle
01-22-2014, 06:51 PM
^ I have 2pc rings on 2 character, just to clarify what is my peronal state in this matter. Yes, I honestly admit, that aplying this would bring me bigger benefits than to you, 3pc ring guys. Well, let's be frank and say, that almost none for you. I absolutely agree that grinding such a xp for some vanity only isn't worth for everyone. But actually 2pc ring is also pretty good and I'd loose my advantage to those who has none atm. Does this bother me? No.

But some you old folks only think about yourselves and that's what bothers me and makes me sad. None of you ever replied or countered my multiply repeated argument, that you were having benefits for years. Years of being top and above others. After going ahead Argyros's play, You would obviously still be top. Just not above others, at least in case of rings.

Don't consider that as your loose, but as others gain, thats the positive point of view. I disagree that all people having rings now would hate this idea. I know many of them, who are wishing for others.

Perhaps I just can't feel into your position, however I think I tried. Perhaps the feeling owerpower is to addictive to share at least some part of it with others. Perhaps I judge you wrong for actig like you do... I don't know, but I believe its not like that.

Argyros
01-22-2014, 07:01 PM

100%agree

There is no end to this argument? First off, you assuming this is an argument(which apparently it is now, but be can do it formally), and you assuming no one has found a solvent. Well, as I have stated, I have an elite ring already. This is a classic example of a, "ad hominem," fallacy. If you don't know what that is, here is a definition-

ad hominem: Latin for "to the man." An arguer who uses ad hominems attacks the person instead of the argument. Whenever an arguer cannot defend his position with evidence, facts or reason, he or she may resort to attacking an opponent either through: labeling, straw man arguments, name calling, offensive remarks and anger.

" and people like you who are trying to snatch the ring will agree to your hearts content..."

What is at stake? The pain of seeing players grind for a ring that you both worked for equally?

Cheenivie, as an old time Xplicit officer, I am wondering why you don't see the fault in his post? No one can control the laziness of others, I can't control myself not being able to cap at nuris because by the time I was near the cap, Mt. Fang came around.

(No, this is not a flame post, and I'm as tranquil as a narwhal swimming in the ocean ^^)

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Argument: an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
how is this not an argument?
I disagree with your solution.
Can't I express my thoughts?
I posted what I believe to be right
It looks to me that you quoted, agreed, and thanked people who agreed with ur thoughts and criticized most people who disagreed with you.

Isopure
01-22-2014, 07:26 PM
If I'm int, and I'm wearing 3piece, and I'm versing you, don't cry cause I'm wearing 3piece, I would say bears are still op against int mages with 3 piece even if you don't have any ring, you still have a platinum ring. And you can still crush me if you know how to play a bear. Other whys good luck :)

But when it comes to str, 3 piece pallies are tricky :3 bears on the other hand, with 3 piece, are unbeatable :( no chance for an int Mage unless you have a perfect ping and some luck, and have some experience versing bears

You should like it as a bear, that extra 6 dodge isnt all that much even though you have 42+ and a fair amount of health

People who are int Mage with 3 piece actually do very well vs bears with no cap ring. Pallys aren't tricky they're luck with 3 piece. They can dodge hell get pulled in hit with crushing and SMS they heal it off while they debuff and tank a bear while they wait for hs to reload. Or more often then not they dodge hs and pull so even if SMS hits they can heal and tank. Only if all hs SMS pull and other skills hit does it become tricky, but then they heal and the luck cycle starts all over again.

Also to everyone else who only claims the reason more people don't have cap rings because they were too "lazy" to do so is a speculation. I gather only a handful of people didnt feel like grinding that much while others who might have just joined the game late and couldn't cap 2-3 if they wanted to because it was too late.

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 07:27 PM

@ OP
I have capped ever cap on several toons. I have 3 piece rings on 4 toons. According to your proposal, now I have to grind out another 200k xp on each toon to get new vanities and the Elite III title?? How is that fair??

@ Others

I see ppl talking about rings giving you better stats and what not and how it's not fair. What about level 75 players who don't use the elite bow or ppl who still don't have sets. You can't tell me you have NEVER play against one of these players. Well that's not fair your stats are better!!

There aren players who have been around for years but this was their first cap. I agree with Cheen, I do not think they should be able to get ring because they chose not to cap.

If additional rIng where allowed to be obtained they should be somewhat inferior to the original rings. They would still be beneficial to those who don't have one.

If STS implemented new rings with same old stats it tells players they don't have to cap as soon as it comes out cuz STS will let them get one later. When STS does come out with new cap, what is the incentive for customers to buy plat and cap quickly. Implementing these new 3 piece rings will also hurt the future cash flow to STS.

Please stop looking at it from a jealously perspective (I don't have so I should be able to get cuz I want one) look at it from a business perspective. It might bring in a quick cash now, but there will be no need for anyone to cap next cap or the following.

I know you don't need a three piece to be good, but it sure helps. No doubt about that. And I agree with each had there choices after the 56 cap, but I think he means for the new people, who joined this cap or prior cap. Even I wish I had capped, I'm a founder, but 56 I didn't know there was gonna be a bonus, 61 I didn't have a device to play on, 66 I capped, 71 I was in the hospital with some pretty life changing stuff, (no I was not in the whole time but a game was the last thing on my mind.), and 76 I was back to cap again. Sometimes it's not saying "It's too much xp I'm not gonna cap." Yet life wouldn't allow it. That's just my case tho. And I don't mean to be offensive. :) was just saying what I think.

Argyros
01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Argument: an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.
how is this not an argument?
I disagree with your solution.
Can't I express my thoughts?
I posted what I believe to be right
It looks to me that you quoted, agreed, and thanked people who agreed with ur thoughts and criticized most people who disagreed with you.

I have not "criticized" one single person in this thread, except you. That is, if we go by the definition below-

Criticize- to find fault; judge unfavorably or harshly.

I believe I criticized you for a very legitimate reason as well. Here is the quote-

I responded to this a few posts up. If you would like to post, post something useful please. I'm sure Delphina wouldn't mind giving you an infraction. Tyvm.

Three posts, using the the bare minimum of 3 letters, posting the exact same thing, is pointless. I do not want to have to handle idle posts on a non-troll thread. If you were serious (I'm not doubting you) then you could have just thanked one of the previous, "I do," posts.

I am fine with people disagreeing with my idea. Each post for me takes about 15-30mins to write. For the people who have agreed with my post, I just thank them. As much as I would really like to quote them, I save that for the people who are controversial, or have questions.

People may disagree, but I can't control that. I can provide them with all the facts and proof as I can muster in text and images however. Speaking of which, if you have another question, or possible problem with my suggestion, feel free to post it, ImHawk.

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 08:20 PM

I could care less if people had founders, and I have one. And what are they taking away from you? Nothing, they are giving everyone a chance to catch up to you item wise. And if it really doesn't help in pvp, why don't all the 3PC people not use them? You scared? ;) I'm kidding obviously haha, but you see my point hopefully. I have a 2 ring on my mage, and when I take it off, there is a Notable difference. It requires more skill to not die and more attacks to kill. If I can notice the difference on a 2pc, I can imagine the difference on a 3PC dragon ring toon. People can say "It doesn't help" but it does. It gives a winning advantage. A pally with no ring vs my int mage with no ring is a joke, I can kill them easy. But a pally with 3PC dragon vs my 2PC is just dumb. They do enough damage to kill me with 2 skills and an auto, let alone the dodge factor.

Edit: This was a test I did with a pally friend of mine. I'm not just saying it. No ring vs no ring I won, and when he equipped the ring he had, 3PC dragon, and when I equipped the ring I had, he won 70% of the time, I would estimate.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 08:38 PM
i never said it doesnt help in PvP that was angeldawn, you can go ahead and find all my comments,Ive never said that...
learn whats going on instead of accusing people

Argyros
01-22-2014, 08:47 PM
i never said it doesnt help in PvP that was angeldawn, you can go ahead and find all my comments,Ive never said that...

We are not against you bro. Steven was just adding to the usefulness of a 3pc in pvp, and how much it helps.

I could care less if people had founders, and I have one. And what are they taking away from you? Nothing, they are giving everyone a chance to catch up to you item wise. And if it really doesn't help in pvp, why don't all the 3PC people not use them? You scared? ;) I'm kidding obviously haha, but you see my point hopefully.

This is a really crucial part of his post.^
Thanks for reiterating this, Steven.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
giving everyone to catch up just isnt fair...
might as well give everyone to have a chance at getting the egg so they can "catch up"
sometimes life isnt fair..
if you miss your opportunity thats that....
not trying to make STS available to you because you were either to lazy to cap or you came late

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 08:55 PM
That post wasn't just about what you said, I just quoted yours because it was the first thing I responded to, and I'm on a phone, it's terrible trying to multi quote. I wasn't accusing you, it was a general post. Sorry!

lightzone
01-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Dang, I ran out of thanks. Is it just me, or are the same things being said over and over again by Argyros? Lol.

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 09:00 PM
might as well give everyone to have a chance at getting the egg so they can "catch up"
not trying to make STS available to you because you were either to lazy to cap or you came late

The thing is, we still have an opportunity, it's called new caps. Just atm we can't get them, and no new caps are around. A 3 piece ring is not an exclusive item, the vanities are, the ring is not, as somewhere in the future it is obtainable. We simply were saying if we did the same amount of work, maybe more, to get a 3PC ring as it already took, it would make the "elite" obtainable by all. The vanities would stay exclusive, saying you did it when you did. And define came late? It's not like this game is a class that you have to be at at 8AM. It is a game, and when was the last time you saw it on the top lists or featured in the App Store? A long time. So people find it whenever they find it. It's not their fault for "coming late." :)

lightzone
01-22-2014, 09:02 PM
The thing is, we still have an opportunity, it's called new caps. Just atm we can't get them, and no new caps are around. A 3 piece ring is not an exclusive item, the vanities are, the ring is not, as somewhere in the future it is obtainable. We simply were saying if we did the same amount of work, maybe more, to get a 3PC ring as it already took, it would make the "elite" obtainable by all. The vanities would stay exclusive, saying you did it when you did. And define came late? It's not like this game is a class that you have to be at at 8AM. It is a game, and when was the last time you saw it on the top lists or featured in the App Store? A long time. So people find it whenever they find it. It's not their fault for "coming late." :)

Exactly.

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 09:04 PM
yes so wait patiently for the cap..
they came late so what? STS: oh i feel terribly sorry here is a founders helm and all the vanities that you missed out on
erm no

Argyros
01-22-2014, 09:06 PM

I understand that not everything is fair. This thread is not meant to find new ways for a player to obtain an egg. The egg won't last because it is a l76 item, new items may come. Rings will always be important.
The same players don't always have to stay above everyone else. Is that what you want? Is that what you think is fair? Letting older players stay above regular players stat-wise? Forever? That is exactly what will happen.

VVake
01-22-2014, 09:08 PM

I understand that not everything is fair. This thread is not meant to find new ways for a player to obtain an egg. The egg won't last because it is a l76 item, new items may come. Rings will always be important.
The same players don't always have to stay above everyone else. Is that what you want? Is that what you think is fair? Letting older players stay above regular players stat-wise? Forever? That is exactly what will happen.
It is completley fair because unlike new players the older players earned every bit of it. For capping 83k-100k xp 3+ times

lightzone
01-22-2014, 09:19 PM
It is completley fair because unlike new players the older players earned every bit of it. For capping 83k-100k xp 3+ times

The idea is that new players should be able to have an opportunity to grind the 100k xp 3+ times.

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 09:19 PM
yes so wait patiently for the cap..
they came late so what? STS: oh i feel terribly sorry here is a founders helm and all the vanities that you missed out on
erm no

Um, if you re read I said the vanities were exclusive, meaning not obtainable. And wait patiently for a cap that may or may not come, let alone anywhere in the near future? Okay....

Cheenivie
01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Ok put it like this you had a chance to get a job interview and you showed up late so you didn't get the job it happens and you wait for your next chance, sometimes you will have to wait longer and right now that is the case they came later something popped up and they couldn't make it on time. They made something for the players who don't have 2-3piece, it's called dragon rings which are very comparable to 2piece rings. I have classes with no rings and I do just fine with them and I can match with players with 3piece rings, I've never used the excuse of rings. I waited and worked hard for my ring and now I think it's the others turn to wait. Yea I know what you're gonna say, you've said the same thing the 5previous pages "they should have a chance blahblahblah" and "its not their fault they werent there blahblahblah" I can say it's not my fault I didn't cap at sewers and nuris so give me the bonuses others got, no it doesn't work like that....

Argyros
01-22-2014, 09:23 PM

If you didn't read through the thread, one of the factors to this suggestion, is that a player must (to get elite ring)-
•1st, reach level 76. (100kxp from 75-76)
•2nd, complete all the elite quests. (Ie shadow minion)
•3rd, they must go to fallen prince, start new xp gain, and grind up 100k more xp purely from bsm.
•4th, they must complete another elite quest, after which they may get a 2pc ring or finish off their 3pc ring.
•5th, they must start another xp gain (100k xp), which is from bsm only again.
•6th, they must complete another difficult elite quest, after which they may craft a 3pc.

If someone did all that, how would they not deserve it? Is it simply because they are newer to the game? Well, the players who capped in sewers were new to the game as well. Why not give new players the chance to earn every bit of it?

Cheenivie
01-22-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm done here this is a waste of time, you guys just don't understand that this was given to the players who played previous caps.

Ciao

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm done here this is a waste of time, you guys just don't understand that this was given to the players who played previous caps.

Ciao

Actually, it's given to players who hit multiple caps, previous is not the word for it, as it's any caps, including future. It's not a reward for capping at a certain cap, that is the vanity.

Cheenivie
01-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Actually, it's given to players who hit multiple caps, previous is not the word for it, as it's any caps, including future. It's not a reward for capping at a certain cap, that is the vanity.

If it's not a reward for capping what is it? A reward for eating a cookie?

ImHawk
01-22-2014, 09:40 PM
If it's not a reward for capping what is it? A reward for eating a cookie?
lol cheen lets just take a rest from this...
not getting anywhere
now lets go wreck family

Stevenmc
01-22-2014, 09:43 PM
lol cheen lets just take a rest from this...
not getting anywhere
now lets go wreck family

I think neither sides will get anywhere, as we are both very opinionated haha. Lets agree to disagree, I'm at dinner. I'd be happy to join in this wrecking tho! :) ;) bye!

Zeus
01-22-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm just saying, unless you are an original Crown of Persistence 3 piece set holder - you don't really have the right to give an opinion on the matter because you too were given the chance at elite rings, were you not? Now, when other people are asking for that same opportunity - you say no? Give me a break!

Originally, the Humania Crown did not apply the vanity bonus and did not complete the set.

Food for thought & something to consider.

Cheenivie
01-22-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm just saying, unless you are an original Crown of Persistence 3 piece set holder - you don't really have the right to give an opinion on the matter because you too were given the chance at elite rings, were you not? Now, when other people are asking for that same opportunity - you say no? Give me a break!

Originally, the Humania Crown did not apply the vanity bonus and did not complete the set.

Food for thought & something to consider.

As I said earlier I had a chance to cap them and i didn't that's my fault I still pvped while others had a set bonus and I didn't really complain about it...

Zeus
01-22-2014, 10:08 PM
As I said earlier I had a chance to cap them and i didn't that's my fault I still pvped while others had a set bonus and I didn't really complain about it...

First off, I'd like you to know that the post wasn't in reference to you but was something said in general.

Anyways, when you were given the opportunity to re-earn something that others worked their butts off for, I did not see you complaining about it - right? It's the same concept applied here. What's the big deal about giving others a 3 piece ring? Most of the people in end game now were given the same chance.

After all, now when we kill them in PvP, the only excuses they will have now is:

1. Lag
2. Low Battery
3. I had a wedgie.

lightzone
01-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Lol, I had a wedgie. How can you spontaneously have a wedgie??

EDIT: I read up on wedgies. Found some great pics as well as realizing that a wedgie can happen naturally.

Fear
01-23-2014, 01:14 AM

EDIT: I read up on wedgies. Found some great pics as well as realizing that a wedgie can happen naturally.

No wonder I lose. Never thought about down there

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 07:11 AM
Well, it seems we are jammed on one matter about what is fair and what is correct which was pretty expectable, I just failed and didn't expect it :)

Anyway, to move the discussion on a little bit, let me throw in some bit diffeternt matter, pretty much related to this.

We are mostly considering and discussing personal reasons, or reason related to some group of players, to vindicate purposes. Let's think more globally, think about what is good for whole game. First of, I'd like to make clear, that what I'm sometimes trying to explain requires higher level of language, then what I'm comfortable with. Please read all of my posts with this knowledge, and be lenient about my expressions :)

PL is not in it's best days, I think we all may agree on this. The main reason is lack of new content, especially new level cap, also agreed I hope. But for keeping the game alive and cool as we know it, we still need active and excited players. Eventhough PVP is the main part of the game for a lot of you, without some necesary level of activity in PVE and on the market, the game will suffer and keep dying. And what is the new pure blood into veins of PL? Are those us, old, skilled and mostly rich players? No, I don't think so. It's the population of new players, who levels through dungeons, form active supply/demand on items, keep market alive and who are the engine of the game organysm actually.

So, If you agree with me till this point, you also know, that those players I talk about need motivation, something to find a joy of playing. But the only thing they find out now, after some time of playing, that reaching cap is not so big achievement, and it's most likely all what can they do. The future about new cap is unsure and I cant find any new goals, or at least expectations and excitement for upcomming goals for those players. What only they see around is group of old, grinded players, which had much more content to enjoy, using some extra benefits. I seriously think this must be demotivating feeling, and reason to exit the game perhaps.

By accepting this plan (or some other similar one) as good one, despite of loosing some benefits which are now exclusive for you, you might be rewarded by the player base improvement, which helps the whole game to be better, even without some other new content.

Please don't expect others to wait patiently for new cap, which isn't even sure to come. Rather accept the changes, and let something go on. Opposite scenario may be pretty catastrophic. We will be loosing player community, and at the end, whole PL will be group of old loyal players doing PVP fights over and over. Market will by destroyed without demands of average leveling player, there wuld be noone to buy your items and also with decreasing number of players, STG will be lowering the attention (logicaly) more and more, till some hoper for new content will be completely forgotten.

Cheenivie
01-23-2014, 07:21 AM
First off, I'd like you to know that the post wasn't in reference to you but was something said in general.

Anyways, when you were given the opportunity to re-earn something that others worked their butts off for, I did not see you complaining about it - right? It's the same concept applied here. What's the big deal about giving others a 3 piece ring? Most of the people in end game now were given the same chance.

After all, now when we kill them in PvP, the only excuses they will have now is:

1. Lag
2. Low Battery
3. I had a wedgie.

It would'nt bother me if they gave the bonus if you have the 3original elite cap vanities, the players who have it deserved it.

Argyros
01-23-2014, 09:01 AM

Wut?

I guess that is all some people came get from long posts lol.

Caiahar
01-23-2014, 09:35 AM

1. Lag
2. Low Battery
3. I had a wedgie.

Hmm, No. 3 must happen to me a lot... :D

Plat rings ftw...idk.

All for one, and one for all.

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 10:23 AM
**You do not need a 3 piece ring to be good**

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=133141

You guys still don't get it. It not about having an advantage or better stats. It's that I was here for every cap and I chose to grind every cap for what I earned. By doing so I was also supporting STS.

EVERYONE was giving the same choice to make I did.

-Scrolling through the apple store 3 years ago
- down loading PL
- leveling and completing quest
- capping at 56 (where it was then known CoP gave stats)
- capping more than one toon
- staying till Nuri came
- capping more than one toon
-staying till Fang
- capped many toons
- staying till humania
- capping even more toons
- staying for BSM
- capping even more toons.

I have never left pl. I have been loyal since the first day I played. Every quest, every challenge PL has thrown at me I have tried. I was not lazy. I even did the Overachievers Race. I did not give up on capping ever. Since 61 cap I've been in the top few to cap every cap. I never gave up on the waiting for a new cap.

It's not only the capping, it's also about being loyal and staying around.

Every person in this tread had made decision that lead them here. I'm sorry if the choices I made are better than yours. But no matter how much grinding you do, I don't think you deserve the exact same item as me unless you cap as the caps are current.

And I do believe that comparing the ring to founders, volconut, egg, and overachievers helm is the same thing. These items were given for a limited time for completing certain tasks. You weren't here during that time or didn't complete that task. The item is no longer available.

A substitutable ring is ok but not the same exact one. You didn't earn it. And frankly if STS did give the exact same rings id be extremely pissed.

Zeus
01-23-2014, 12:12 PM
I think a good reason why many players left PL for AL is because of the selfish thinking of PL players. Perhaps y'all don't realize it now, but this exclusivity thinking is what kills the game. Y'all are thinking: me, me, mine, me, me? Oh wait, what about me!?

The fact is this:
• The more exclusivity there is in a game, the less players want to play. This is especially true if other players have an advantage over them that they can never obtain.

In AL, they learned from those mistakes. It doesn't matter if you start today - you can still earn every single item in the game as if you played from day one. There are very few to I daresay no amount of exclusive vanities/rare items that hold an advantage like they do in PL.

@Angel
You do not need a 3 piece ring at end-game, yes. However, the question is, why can they not earn one?

You have earned your ring, correct? How does changing the way rings are given effect your ring? Let me answer that for you - nothing has changed about it. You paid for what you received and have enjoyed it for years. To say no to others is just pure selfishness and greed.

The vanities you have gotten will forever remain exclusive, as they should be. However, no stat advantage should be exclusive and unobtainable - I say this for founders helms as well. This sort of thinking is what contributed towards the killing off of PL.

The amount of veterans in this game is small and does not represent the income for STG. By not allowing fellow new players to come, support the game, and stick around due to selfish desires is what kills the game. I do not know how many times I need to repeat it for people to see that this has in fact become a reality.

Again, I will state that all these selfish desires and need to be exclusive is what kills PL. In AL, there are many exclusive weapons and whatnot as well - however, they can be earned through the hard work of earning gold. PL does not provide that at all.

That's all,

~Zeus

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 12:16 PM
^My thanks for today are gone, but as usual, thanks for this word Zeus!

VVake
01-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I think a good reason why many players left PL for AL is because of the selfish thinking of PL players. Perhaps y'all don't realize it now, but this exclusivity thinking is what kills the game. Y'all are thinking: me, me, mine, me, me? Oh wait, what about me!?

The fact is this:
• The more exclusivity there is in a game, the less players want to play. This is especially true if other players have an advantage over them that they can never obtain.

In AL, they learned from those mistakes. It doesn't matter if you start today - you can still earn every single item in the game as if you played from day one. There are very few to I daresay no amount of exclusive vanities/rare items that hold an advantage like they do in PL.

@Angel
You do not need a 3 piece ring at end-game, yes. However, the question is, why can they not earn one?

You have earned your ring, correct? How does changing the way rings are given effect your ring? Let me answer that for you - nothing has changed about it. You paid for what you received and have enjoyed it for years. To say no to others is just pure selfishness and greed.

The vanities you have gotten will forever remain exclusive, as they should be. However, no stat advantage should be exclusive and unobtainable - I say this for founders helms as well. This sort of thinking is what contributed towards the killing off of PL.

The amount of veterans in this game is small and does not represent the income for STG. By not allowing fellow new players to come, support the game, and stick around due to selfish desires is what kills the game. I do not know how many times I need to repeat it for people to see that this has in fact become a reality.

Again, I will state that all these selfish desires and need to be exclusive is what kills PL. In AL, there are many exclusive weapons and whatnot as well - however, they can be earned through the hard work of earning gold. PL does not provide that at all.

That's all,

~Zeus
Voted for president

gibol1412
01-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Well, it seems we are jammed on one matter about what is fair and what is correct which was pretty expectable, I just failed and didn't expect it :)

Anyway, to move the discussion on a little bit, let me throw in some bit diffeternt matter, pretty much related to this.

We are mostly considering and discussing personal reasons, or reason related to some group of players, to vindicate purposes. Let's think more globally, think about what is good for whole game. First of, I'd like to make clear, that what I'm sometimes trying to explain requires higher level of language, then what I'm comfortable with. Please read all of my posts with this knowledge, and be lenient about my expressions :)

PL is not in it's best days, I think we all may agree on this. The main reason is lack of new content, especially new level cap, also agreed I hope. But for keeping the game alive and cool as we know it, we still need active and excited players. Eventhough PVP is the main part of the game for a lot of you, without some necesary level of activity in PVE and on the market, the game will suffer and keep dying. And what is the new pure blood into veins of PL? Are those us, old, skilled and mostly rich players? No, I don't think so. It's the population of new players, who levels through dungeons, form active supply/demand on items, keep market alive and who are the engine of the game organysm actually.

So, If you agree with me till this point, you also know, that those players I talk about need motivation, something to find a joy of playing. But the only thing they find out now, after some time of playing, that reaching cap is not so big achievement, and it's most likely all what can they do. The future about new cap is unsure and I cant find any new goals, or at least expectations and excitement for upcomming goals for those players. What only they see around is group of old, grinded players, which had much more content to enjoy, using some extra benefits. I seriously think this must be demotivating feeling, and reason to exit the game perhaps.

By accepting this plan (or some other similar one) as good one, despite of loosing some benefits which are now exclusive for you, you might be rewarded by the player base improvement, which helps the whole game to be better, even without some other new content.

Please don't expect others to wait patiently for new cap, which isn't even sure to come. Rather accept the changes, and let something go on. Opposite scenario may be pretty catastrophic. We will be loosing player community, and at the end, whole PL will be group of old loyal players doing PVP fights over and over. Market will by destroyed without demands of average leveling player, there wuld be noone to buy your items and also with decreasing number of players, STG will be lowering the attention (logicaly) more and more, till some hoper for new content will be completely forgotten.

I agree with most with this, but the only right solution is new 81 cap or higher. Play Arcane Legends. Only thing for getting cap in Arcane Legends is banner. Here You got elite weapons, elite bosses with two special quests. You get even motivation to get vanity Mystery Dragon Set. I think it's enough. Better everyone all stop quarrel and try to motivate STS or STG, whatever, to give us another cap. As I said before they was have 1.5 year to do something, slowly, with patience, but they didn't.

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 05:39 PM
^Angeldawn^

So much hate? Why do I think that those who have all are getting more excitable and jealous than others... You guys are living in the past to much I think. Move on, we are playing a mobile game. Why not just let some things go and increase joy of present.

No rage, take this easy, I'm just saying. I know it must be harder than it seems :)

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 05:50 PM
^Gibol^

True my friend. You are right. Your oppinion is also reason, why ideas like this haven't came earlier. But as you correctly mention, it's been year and half. And we had few traces from Sam lately, that eventhough it's long already, it is still unsure that cap is to come any time soon. This whole idea was called temporare solution. Like adding some cap content, without making cap itself. Nothing more, nothing less. I think we all tried to show of our expectations for cap, but Sam has pretty cleared some reasons, why it's not that common for STG these days. I still believe, that it comes, but when? Let's wait 2 more years, with only double XP weeks and restored events? Aww, the game wouldnt survive this I think. This solution would, and I'm certain about this, keep current players, both new and older ones in game. Without requirements for any work on new maps, levels, gear etc. That's it in brief.

gibol1412
01-23-2014, 05:51 PM
And if they give new elite quest for other rings, this rings can't be better then 2pc or 3pc. That sadly unfair. And I'm agree with Angeldawn with all her statement.
If my english is crap just understand I'm from country that language is different.

Reunegade
01-23-2014, 05:53 PM
How about a compromise between the elite ringed players and the no elite ring players? I like Argyros' idea and instead of making the reward a 3pc, how about a Ring of Persistence which is worse than the regular 3pc and has different sparkles? And cannot be combined with dragon ring.

Zeus
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
How about a compromise between the elite ringed players and the no elite ring players? I like Argyros' idea and instead of making the reward a 3pc, how about a Ring of Persistence which is worse than the regular 3pc and has different sparkles? And cannot be combined with dragon ring.

There's still the issue of stat advantage, which is a big reason why a lot of players leave PL and go to games like AL.

Reunegade
01-23-2014, 05:55 PM
There's still the issue of stat advantage, which is a big reason why a lot of players leave PL and go to games like AL.
Yes, but this time everyone can earn it. Those who choose to be lazy and not earn it will not get the stat advantage.

Grrrrimadoggy
01-23-2014, 05:58 PM
One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them. If only we would all help and try to get our community back together maybe we could bring back a bit of good PL..like how it used to be.

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 05:59 PM
^Gibol^

Then tell me, what would be different from how it's right now? We have fifth cap so far, and 3pc ring (again, sorry for repeating what I wrote above already). If you see some injustice in this, you really should feel it already since humania cap. Because for those who have all 3 original CoP Set caps (Best looking pro god master set in game, my view), Last 2 caps did NOT bring ANYTHING new to them, in case of rings (them = characters with that set). For players, as for whole account, It brought possibelity to obtain elite rings on other characters, which werent capped all times before.

ALL of ^^this^^ would be the SAME in Argyros's vision. Or am I false? Please correct me if I am, really.

Zeus
01-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes, but this time everyone can earn it. Those who choose to be lazy and not earn it will not get the stat advantage.

There's still the stat difference even if they do earn it, correct? Players aren't being rewarded for their loyalty, so why should they bother? The issue is by giving out exclusive stat'd items in the first place.

Yes, you do not need them to be good - but that isn't the approach to contemplate angry customers. Instead, they will just look for other games which is already an aftermath that PL is currently experiencing.

Rolocolo
01-23-2014, 06:01 PM
The only way a person should get the opportunity for a ring is to get to 81, fairest and easiest way.

Of cource its not the players fault theres no new cap, but that is the one solution that will keep all people happy:)

Have a good day everyone

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 06:04 PM
One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them. If only we would all help and try to get our community back together maybe we could bring back a bit of good PL..like how it used to be.

I'm in :) Btw helpers aren't gone at all, just theres a lack of them. If all rich pros realized, that some of the best feeling commes from helping others, there would be plenty of donnors. And I dont mean just material gifts, but also advice or friendship to new player. I am trying to be like that. And I know others who does the same.

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 06:06 PM

This is completely untrue!!! I know serve rail ppl who help new players all the time. Help with teaching, sets, gold, leveling, PVP all of it. Just because ppl don't brag about it. It doesn't mean it isn't happening. Maybe you don't help others but many do!

Shilooo
01-23-2014, 06:09 PM
@Angel

~Zeus

Angel did not say new players shouldn't be able to earn a three piece ring. She was simply saying they can compete with proper knowledge and skill. The majority of us would like Pvp to be balanced including Angel... Witch is why she helped Tank with his proposed balance thread.

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 06:16 PM
This is completely untrue!!! I know serve rail ppl who help new players all the time. Help with teaching, sets, gold, leveling, PVP all of it. Just because ppl don't brag about it. It doesn't mean it isn't happening. Maybe you don't help others but many do!

Completely untrue!!! ? What is? Doggy's post is talking about pervailing impression, and I agree with this. I also know people who help, but that doesn't mean what Doggy says is "completely untrue!!!". Seriously, c'mon Angel...

If Doggy was the one who does not care about help to others, he wouldn't write such a post don't you think?

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Angel did not say new players shouldn't be able to earn a three piece ring. She was simply saying they can compete with proper knowledge and skill. The majority of us would like Pvp to be balanced including Angel... Witch is why she helped Tank with his proposed balance thread.

True, Angel didn't say this. Angel said, that IF others get oportunity for 3pc ring, then SHE should get some even better ring, saying there SHOULDN'T be equality. Where is the balance then?

Argyros
01-23-2014, 06:26 PM
The only way a person should get the opportunity for a ring is to get to 81, fairest and easiest way.

Of cource its not the players fault theres no new cap, but that is the one solution that will keep all people happy:)

Have a good day everyone

Even if there is an 81 cap, many players will only be able to get the 2pc, and the cycle of complaining for 86 cap will continue. New players will join and wonder why they cannot get an elite ring. It is a never ending cycle.

Eh, players do help all the time. Most do in in subtle, unassuming ways. Many players however, have seriously grown stingy, or became trolls. There is evidence of this everywhere. Crim tried his best to arouse the community, and it helped to some degree.

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Completely untrue!!! ? What is? Doggy's post is talking about pervailing impression, and I agree with this. I also know people who help, but that doesn't mean what Doggy says is "completely untrue!!!". Seriously, c'mon Angel...

If Doggy was the one who does not care about help to others, he wouldn't write such a post don't you think?

He states ........

[QUOTE=Grrrrimadoggy;1440577]One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them......../QUOTE]

Rolocolo
01-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Many have a two piece now, and if they really want a 3 pc they can still wait or 86 cap, or maybe sts should make some sort of elite checkpoint at 81, and raise the cap to 86

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 06:32 PM
He states ........

You either have very low sense to catch the meaning, or just pointing at words to support your statement, however you realize, what is meant by "do you ever see..." and "...everyone just kills..."

Argyros
01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
He states ........

[QUOTE=Grrrrimadoggy;1440577]One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them......../QUOTE]

Its not completely untrue. There are a few who do help, who do end teaming, who do wreck spawners, who do help others. You are both correct to some degree.

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
True, Angel didn't say this. Angel said, that IF others get oportunity for 3pc ring, then SHE should get some even better ring, saying there SHOULDN'T be equality. Where is the balance then?

Please show me where I said I should get something better? I never said that. I would like to see the the quote.

I said I don't think of someone earns a ring this way that you propose that it should be the same as the ones earns the proper and intended way.

I am all for PVP balance as Shilooo said I just disagree with your approach. And a ring will not make PVP balanced. If you understood PVP you would the that there are many things that need to be corrected to Balance PVP. Like hit. Like savage damage. But I won't go into that here you can go read the other thread

I posted my opinion here, which many agree with. I'm sorry that you don't and I'm sorry some here haven't understood or chose to read what I said.

I stand by my option

Grrrrimadoggy
01-23-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm in :) Btw helpers aren't gone at all, just theres a lack of them. If all rich pros realized, that some of the best feeling commes from helping others, there would be plenty of donnors. And I dont mean just material gifts, but also advice or friendship to new player. I am trying to be like that. And I know others who does the same.

And material gift/gold aren't always what they need. Sometimes they need someone to help them figure out the best ways to make gold or how to do use their character the best way possible. Gold is nice to have but having someone to help you along and teach you stuff is better.

Grrrrimadoggy
01-23-2014, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=angeldawn;1440613]He states ........

Its not completely untrue. There are a few who do help, who do end teaming, who do wreck spawners, who do help others. You are both correct to some degree.

I know there are those few that do. I was implying the majority of PL community is that way.

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 06:42 PM

@ OP
I have capped ever cap on several toons. I have 3 piece rings on 4 toons. According to your proposal, now I have to grind out another 200k xp on each toon ...

@ Others

... I do not think they should be able to get ring because they chose not to cap.

If STS implemented new rings with same old stats it tells players they don't have to cap as soon as it comes out cuz STS will let them get one later. When STS does come out with...

Ok, I reversed that, I admit and apologize. But the sense is the same: Let the other only get INFERIOR ( !!! ) ring...

Btw: Be sure I have read every your post pretty carefully. When I pointed on you, I meant this quote. Yea, I failed a bit, but the core of the matter isn't changed. If you don't count stat disballance caused by better ring into PVP ballance, then I am sorry, but I think this view is incorrect.

Argyros
01-23-2014, 06:48 PM

There would be no point in this thread, if the elite ring given, had lower stats. Make the sparkles any which way you want, but make SURE it has the same stats.

Unfortunately, some players don't even use their elite rings in pvp because others complain about them. But if this idea was implemented, those complainers, couldn't complain. They would only have a response back like- "cry, your just to lazy to get them."

Do you see how this would solve that problem?

Jig
01-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Ok, I reversed that, I admit and apologize. But the sense is the same: Let the other only get INFERIOR ( !!! ) ring...

Btw: Be sure I have read every your post pretty carefully. When I pointed on you, I meant this quote. Yea, I failed a bit, but the core of the matter isn't changed. If you don't count stat disballance caused by better ring into PVP ballance, then I am sorry, but I think this view is incorrect.

Stalker xD

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 07:13 PM

The base mechanics, stats and skills need to be fixed. What good is 200+ hit?? What good is a hit debuff that still keeps the hit over 100%. These things are things that need to be fixed to balance PVP. I don't consider rings part of the mechanics.

There would be no point in this thread, if the elite ring given, had lower stats. Make the sparkles any which way you want, but make SURE it has the same stats.

Unfortunately, some players don't even use their elite rings in pvp because others complain about them. But if this idea was implemented, those complainers, couldn't complain. They would only have a response back like- "cry, your just to lazy to get them."

Do you see how this would solve that problem?

A ring with lower stats is still something, and is better than nothing. I do however disagree with a previous post. I think STS should allow the ring to be craftable with dragon. Since the dragon ring is only obtainable through achievements this also needs to be changed so you can have more than one dragon ring and possibly craft it later at next cap..

Zeus
01-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Please show me where I said I should get something better? I never said that. I would like to see the the quote.

I said I don't think of someone earns a ring this way that you propose that it should be the same as the ones earns the proper and intended way.

Response:
This post here shows that you do not want equality. If you did want equality, you would be fine with giving a same stat'd ring. Heck, you could make the sparkles be a different color and it would still signify the difference.

I am all for PVP balance as Shilooo said I just disagree with your approach. And a ring will not make PVP balanced.

Response:
Yes, a ring will not fix PvP balance BUT it is a step towards balancing PvP.

If you understood PVP you would the that there are many things that need to be corrected to Balance PVP. Like hit. Like savage damage.

Response:
We all know there's many things wrong with PvP - the ring is just the tip of the iceberg.
But I won't go into that here you can go read the other thread

I posted my opinion here, which many agree with. I'm sorry that you don't and I'm sorry some here haven't understood or chose to read what I said.

I stand by my option

Replied in bold.

Right now, I am going to quote Animal Farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." That is what you're basically saying right now.

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 07:21 PM
^Angeldawn

Ok, I accept that. Our oppinions differs, but thats common, nothing bad on it. Let's stop repeating our statements, which does not change, to keep this discussion readable somehow :)

Argyros
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
The base mechanics, stats and skills need to be fixed. What good is 200+ hit?? What good is a hit debuff that still keeps the hit over 100%. These things are things that need to be fixed to balance PVP. I don't consider rings part of the mechanics.

A ring with lower stats is still something, and is better than nothing. I do however disagree with a previous post. I think STS should allow the ring to be craftable with dragon. Since the dragon ring is only obtainable through achievements this also needs to be changed so you can have more than one dragon ring and possibly craft it later at next cap..

Eh there is no good in 200+ hit chance, apart from that if you receive multiple hit debuffs, your hit will not go under 100%. IMO, decrease the savage sets DMG considerably, but increase the health. Rhinos health needs to be buffed as well though, and make brute force a worthy buff lol. The list goes on.

Yes, but if there the elite ring had lower stats, players would not cease to complain. So basically this idea utterly revolves around the elite ring having the exact same stats. I respect your disagreement though.

They should definitely change it so that, once you equip the dragon+ crafted dragon set, it automatically gives you a ring, not just from the achievement.

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Replied in bold.

Right now, I am going to quote Animal Farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." That is what you're basically saying right now.

If a ring is a step in the right direction to balancing PVP as you said then EVERYONE should get one. Thus, making this thread pointless again.

STS Please hand out 3 piece rings to all player deserving or not so PVP can be balanced!!

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 07:25 PM
^
"Deserving or not..." Ok, I almost started to feel there is some good talk with you on horizon :D Now I doubt again...

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 07:28 PM
^
"Deserving or not..." Ok, I almost started to feel there is some good talk with you on horizon :D Now I doubt again...

You can't say that rings will balance PVP cuz then every one should have them and then you do not need the quests suggested in this post.

All should have. Whether they have ever capped or not.... That was my point.

Zeus
01-23-2014, 07:29 PM
If a ring is a step in the right direction to balancing PVP as you said then EVERYONE should get one. Thus, making this thread pointless again.

STS Please hand out 3 piece rings to all player deserving or not so PVP can be balanced!!

Yes, everyone who is willing to work for one will have equal opportunity to earn one, Angel.

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Yes, everyone who is willing to work for one will have equal opportunity to earn one, Angel.

No, not if you say it will balance PVP. if you consider the ring as part of the reason PVP is unbalanced then all should have regardless of capping if you want PVP to be balanced.

This is why I don't consider it as part of the unbalance. You can't have it both ways.

lightzone
01-23-2014, 07:32 PM

300+ XP grinded, seems pretty deserving to me.

This ring makes it POSSIBLE for PvP to be balanced.

If they choose not to take this opportunity, then so be it.

angeldawn
01-23-2014, 07:34 PM
300+ XP grinded, seems pretty deserving to me.

This ring makes it POSSIBLE for PvP to be balanced.

If they choose not to take this opportunity, then so be it.

But isn't that the same as ppl who didn't take the opportunity in the past??

'So be it'

BroadCastle
01-23-2014, 07:34 PM
^Angel

I see, got your point now. But I didn't say just rings would balance PVP (Or at least I hope I did not). The only what I said was, that you can't move rings apart of whole question of balance so easily as you did.

And no, it's really not the same as not taking the opportunity in te past and we already said many times why is it not.

gibol1412
01-23-2014, 07:35 PM
I think this thread is funny ^^
First people complain about elite vanity give bonus. STS fix this with elite rings. Now people complain about rings.
You can't have 3pc ring. It was given to those who sacrifice time in game to get it. Not just 100k xp or 300k xp, but time between caps.
I think maybe if sts would give people 1pc ring, possibility to craft this ring with dragon ring and possibility to craft 2pc with dragon ring that will solve the problem.

Zeus
01-23-2014, 07:39 PM
But isn't that the same as ppl who didn't take the opportunity in the past??

'So be it'

Some people were not given that opportunity. What is the big deal about not giving people elite rings? I truly do not see it.

Zeus
01-23-2014, 07:53 PM
First people complain about elite vanity give bonus. STS fix this with elite rings. Now people complain about rings.
You can't have 3pc ring. It was given to those who sacrifice time in game to get it. Not just 100k xp or 300k xp, but time between caps.
I think maybe if sts would give people 1pc ring, possibility to craft this ring with dragon ring and possibility to craft 2pc with dragon ring that will solve the problem.

People who complained about the original 3 piece ring now have their 3 piece ring. When STG "fixed" the issue, they should have fixed it in a way that solved all potential future problems.

Argyros
01-23-2014, 08:00 PM

Some players quit right after capping in each expansion, thus there would be no time in between expansions. We aren't complaining about rings, we are just ending the common pvp arena complaint. A 1pc wouldn't solve the problem. There are already other rings that we may use, but they can't compete at all with a 3pc. This would only be a waste of the design teams efforts. Players should be able to obtain a 3pc, with the proper amount of effort put into it.

Some people were not given that opportunity. What is the big deal about not giving people elite rings? I truly do not see it.

This. ^

Otahaibab
01-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Can we possible get a developer side of the story and if this is even possible? Im very curious to see what they have to say

Argyros
01-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Can we possible get a developer side of the story and if this is even possible? Im very curious to see what they have to say

I will shoot Sam a pm.

gibol1412
01-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Some players quit right after capping in each expansion, thus there would be no time in between expansions. We aren't complaining about rings, we are just ending the common pvp arena complaint. A 1pc wouldn't solve the problem. There are already other rings that we may use, but they can't compete at all with a 3pc. This would only be a waste of the design teams efforts. Players should be able to obtain a 3pc, with the proper amount of effort put into it.

This. ^

Maybe, but your idea in this thread is not resolution. If pvp is problem there are many other solution to fix it, but give a ring to person that not deserve it is just ridiculous. And 300,000 xp? Seriously? I think fair would be 3,000,000 xp. Why? Because when people hit 56, 61, 66 and even 71 there was no dailly blessing with 3x combo elixir, 2x xp week elixir and even 2x xp weekends, and they couldn't play in mega maze. All this stock with platinum elixirs.

Stevenmc
01-23-2014, 11:11 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't play a game to not be able to obtain the best items, levels, and obtainables in the game. I didn't buy GTA 5 to not be able to get the best cars and guns, to not "complete the storyline" of the game.

Stevenmc
01-23-2014, 11:17 PM
Since no people with elite rings want the new people to have them, as it's "unfair". Why don't we just take away the bonus? Just keep the sparkles. I'm more into giving players equal stats than boosting my own.

gibol1412
01-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Since no people with elite rings want the new people to have them, as it's "unfair". Why don't we just take away the bonus? Just keep the sparkles. I'm more into giving players equal stats than boosting my own.

Yeah know. If You wanna see more people quit. You don't give any new thing to new people and You take from old ones. Even this thread is about something else. Problem is not with rings, but with that the game has not changed 1.5 year.

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 12:44 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't play a game to not be able to obtain the best items, levels, and obtainables in the game. I didn't buy GTA 5 to not be able to get the best cars and guns, to not "complete the storyline" of the game.

Steven u were able to obtain these items you chose not to. You are a founder. You chose to leave the game and takes breaks. All your choices. Stop regretting the decisions you made and own them.

Stevenmc
01-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Steven u were able to obtain these items you chose not to. You are a founder. You chose to leave the game and takes breaks. All your choices. Stop regretting the decisions you made and own them.

I'm sorry the doctors found a tumor in my bone and I was in and out of the hospital getting it treated. I'm also sorry my iPod was stolen during one of the caps, and I'm not rich enough to just buy a new one whenever. And regretting? Not really. I'm trying to bring back mages. A no ring mage isn't as good as a ring mage. My ring does good enough does it not? I beat you, I beat many other 3PC rings. But a mage with no ring at all is the weakest of all the classes.

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm sorry the doctors found a tumor in my bone and I was in and out of the hospital getting it treated. I'm also sorry my iPod was stolen during one of the caps, and I'm not rich enough to just buy a new one whenever. And regretting? Not really. I'm trying to bring back mages. A no ring mage isn't as good as a ring mage. My ring does good enough does it not? I beat you, I beat many other 3PC rings. But a mage with no ring at all is the weakest of all the classes.

I also remember you rage quitting because of PVP and you quit cuz of football and because you were have girl friend issues. There are many many times you left the game. I'm sorry you had health issues but I still feel the same way.

As for bringing back mages lol yes Mage are underpowered but not because of a ring lol. Because tank gear has too much damage, because 76 gear has less armor than level 70 gear because our hit debuff does nothing against most classes. I could go on and on. It's not because of a ring lol

If a bear has a 3 piece ring and a Mage has a 3 piece ring it makes no difference Mage is still in the same spot. And I might argue that rhinos are the weakest class. What do they have, 2 damage skills? Most are buffs and debuffs.

Stevenmc
01-24-2014, 01:06 AM
I also remember you rage quitting because of PVP and you quit cuz of football and because you were have girl friend issues. There are many many times you left the game. I'm sorry you had health issues but I still feel the same way.

As for bringing back mages lol yes Mage are underpowered but not because of a ring lol. Because tank gear has too much damage, because 76 gear has less armor than level 70 gear because our hit debuff does nothing against most classes. I could go on and on. It's not because of a ring lol

If a bear has a 3 piece ring and a Mage has a 3 piece ring it makes no difference Mage is still in the same spot. And I might argue that rhinos are the weakest class. What do they have, 2 damage skills? Most are buffs and debuffs.

Yeah, I did leave for football season, but I was capped. I did take a break because I was spending a lot of time with my girlfriend, I was also capped at that time. And yeah I used to rage over pvp, I'm competitive. I also appreciate that this discussion on whether or not rings should be available to all turned into a personal attack on me by you. This will be my last post on this topic. I'm sorry, you and everyone who has capped previously are superior in every way. *Bows*

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I did leave for football season, but I was capped. I did take a break because I was spending a lot of time with my girlfriend, I was also capped at that time. And yeah I used to rage over pvp, I'm competitive. I also appreciate that this discussion on whether or not rings should be available to all turned into a personal attack on me by you. This will be my last post on this topic. I'm sorry, you and everyone who has capped previously are superior in every way. *Bows*

I'm sorry if you felt it was a personal attack. I was listing facts. Not attacking you.

IGN Storm
01-24-2014, 01:10 AM
I will shoot Sam.

The first time I read this, it looked like that lol.

Anyways, I'm going to have to take Argyros' side here. I only read the first few pages, so I might be just repeating what others have said here:

1. 3 Piece Rings DOES make a difference in pvp. 5 Dodge and 15 Armour is a HUGE factor. Skills definitely better more but when you fight an equally skilled opponent with a 3 piece ring, you ARE at a disadvantage.

2. Founders are earned by joining the game before May 2010, something that CANT be repeated. Elite Caps are earned by gaining 100k exp, something that CAN be done again.

3. Earning 150-300k exp in BSM is HARDER and MORE time consuming than earning 100k exp running through Mega Maze/Magic Castle. So people who capped during the expansion earned their cap EASIER than a player would today(With the exception of BS). That should be enough to coax you guys.

My solution: 150k exp counts as a level cap. No vanity is awarded. Must be completed within 3 month or exp counter resets.

Zeus
01-24-2014, 01:16 AM

Looking at the statistics: more people want this to happen then not. So, for STG it is the smart decision to make it happen for players versus keeping veteran players selfishly satisfied. They've pleased veteran players time and time again in the past through this & honestly, they don't gain anything from it. As I said before, but look around you - PL is a dying game. Do you want to only be playing with veterans?

Rings are a main reason for this - people do not like playing a game where they are permanently not able to obtain stats. How is that fair? Because you are a veteran and earned it? Players earned the vanity - the ring is allowed for anyone who wants to cap elite levels. So, since no more campaign levels are being made - allowing them to grind elite cap levels is a bad thing?

If there were caps, we would not even be talking about this subject in the first place.

IGN Storm
01-24-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm sorry if you felt it was a personal attack. I was listing facts. Not attacking you.

That was pretty rude. Not all facts needs to be heard. And try to use words in a more positive connotation. Ex: I also remember you quitting because of PvP and cuz of football and because you have some IRL problems to tend to.

gibol1412
01-24-2014, 04:08 AM
Yeah. Bring up to l.71 from Humania and Fire Forest elites because new players can't earn them. Bring back Black Dragon, because give little better stats, bring Legend Leading items and Founder.

BroadCastle
01-24-2014, 06:48 AM
^ Such a smart guy, but bringing those irrelevant and almost off toppic arguments again. Well give my the last try to explain you that HUGE difference between Elite rings and all the exact cap exclusive items like Leading Legend, L71 bsm elites and even more different case about founders helm.

Reading this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?72100-Change-to-Pocket-Legends-Elite-Vanity-Item-Set-Bonuses-%96-Introducing-Legendary-Rings) you actually could figure that already.

Each level cap brought some special and exclusive items, only related to that one exact cap. By these I mean cap vanities, which should really stay special, then some special cap rewards you talk about. (Actually, Leading Legend sets are even more different, and discutable, because there were 2 ways how to obtain, so capping was not 100% required, yeah, this may be possibely brought back, because it's not pure "cap" reward). I will not comment founders again, I did like three times before and its still the same. I hope you just pretend to be that blind if you mix it up in this ring matter.

On the other hand, Elite rings are deffinitely NOT related to SOME EXACT cap, but to level caps in general. Even now, there is no difference between ring for player, who is real legend and made l56, l61 and l66 (+ l71 and l76) caps, and some other one who was "lazy or new" (using your words to show you how stupid it sounds) and made l66, l71 and l76 cap "only". Why aren't you mad about this already?

I will tell you why, because there is no reason to be. All those 3 times capped players deserve their special items as well as the same ring, no matter which caps they made.

This idea is (again, repeated many times) about adding some virtual capping oportunity in the mean time, because there is no real new cap on horizon. Thats why, I consider all your arguments as not very appropriate here.

So, I really tried to explain my point. I accept disagreement about the idea, but please be constructive, do not repeat over and over some fabulated rights and rules, which have never been true. Don't talk about deserving, unless you have some smart statement to clarify, what do you think is required to deserve anything. Think perspectively and globally, not just about your private avail.

Thanks for reading :)

Argyros
01-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Maybe, but your idea in this thread is not resolution. If pvp is problem there are many other solution to fix it, but give a ring to person that not deserve it is just ridiculous. And 300,000 xp? Seriously? I think fair would be 3,000,000 xp. Why? Because when people hit 56, 61, 66 and even 71 there was no dailly blessing with 3x combo elixir, 2x xp week elixir and even 2x xp weekends, and they couldn't play in mega maze. All this stock with platinum elixirs.

Actually, there was elixirs implemented near the end of the Sewer cap, and elixirs all through Nuris cap. I don't think players did mega maze, they had a place that was 2x as fast. Magic castle I believe, and that was insanely fast with a team. Also, as a I capped in the fang cap, with only thrashers, it was already 10k-15kxp per hr. Bsm is 7k-10kxp o'er hr. Big difference.

Do you realize how much xp 3m xp is???? If you did 8k xp per hour at bsm, and you grinded 3m xp, that would take 375 HOURS! That's a little over 15 and a half days! Lol.

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 08:27 AM
That was pretty rude. Not all facts needs to be heard. And try to use words in a more positive connotation. Ex: I also remember you quitting because of PvP and cuz of football and because you have some IRL problems to tend to.

My first comment to him was vague about him his quitting the game. (Below) He chose to bring up why he left, however he missed all the other times he quit.

@ Zeus

Where do you pull your statistics from? The few ppl in this thread? Have you looked at other threads? Did you leave AL and come in game and take a poll?

The reason ppl are leaving problem isn't ring. It's that the caps are coming out. If it was about three piece rings everyone who has a three piece ring would have stayed. Why did you leave?

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Actually, there was elixirs implemented near the end of the Sewer cap, and elixirs all through Nuris cap. I don't think players did mega maze, they had a place that was 2x as fast. Magic castle I believe, and that was insanely fast with a team. Also, as a I capped in the fang cap, with only thrashers, it was already 10k-15kxp per hr. Bsm is 7k-10kxp o'er hr. Big difference.

Do you realize how much xp 3m xp is???? If you did 8k xp per hour at bsm, and you grinded 3m xp, that would take 375 HOURS! That's a little over 15 and a half days! Lol.

Daily blessings, double week long and free elixirs weren't implemented in sewers. Ppl did not really start using xp anywhere till Humania. and both maze and Magic were used. I don't think Magic was 2x as fast as Maze

If someone today tried to gain 100k xp they can possible get 3x in daily blessing, double weeklong and thrasher. That doesn't compare to grinding in Sewers, Nuri or Fang.

Argyros
01-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Daily blessings, double week long and free elixirs weren't implemented in sewers. Ppl did not really start using xp anywhere till Humania. and both maze and Magic were used. I don't think Magic was 2x as fast as Maze

If someone today tried to gain 100k xp they can possible get 3x in daily blessing, double weeklong and thrasher. That doesn't compare to grinding in Sewers, Nuri or Fang.

Gold elixirs and thrashers ect were implemented at the end of sewers. Free dailys were not, weeklong was not, and daily blessing was added in the bsm cap I believe. Incorrect. Enable xp elixirs were added in Dec of 2011 I'll edit in the link, nuris started in September. It may not be 2x as fast, but its definitely faster.

I capped in fang, and I only used 5 thrashers. It was not hard whatsoever. I was also a pally lol. I'll dig up some older threads to find how long it took to cap tho.

Jig
01-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Go to docs timelime..

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Gold elixirs and thrashers ect were implemented at the end of sewers. Free dailys were not, weeklong was not, and daily blessing was added in the bsm cap I believe. Incorrect. Enable xp elixirs were added in Dec of 2011 I'll edit in the link, nuris started in September. It may not be 2x as fast, but its definitely faster.

I capped in fang, and I only used 5 thrashers. It was not hard whatsoever. I was also a pally lol. I'll dig up some older threads to find how long it took to cap tho.

09/01/11

- New Campaign – Nuri's Hallows + Level Raise [61 Cap]

11/14/11

- New Campaign – Mount Fang + Level Raise [66 Cap]

12/02/11

- Added Activate XP everywhere Elixir (However it wasn't widely used till Hum cap, crypt and maze gave about the same xp per hour with a good team both could so about 15k)

06/19/12

- New Campaign – Humania + Level Raise [71 Cap]

07/26/12

- New Seven Day Double XP Elixir

09/19/12

- Daily Blessing added

10/18/12

- New Campaign – Blacksmoke Mountain + Level Raise [76 Cap]

And if we want to get real technical. I don't see any nor remember any double xp weekends before 4-6-12 which means it was not in Sewers or Nuri

And xp needed to level up was reduced 11/14/12 during Fang.

I just don't see how 100k xp now is comparable to back then.

***Thanks Doc for having all the info available***

Argyros
01-24-2014, 10:29 AM
09/01/11

- New Campaign – Nuri's Hallows + Level Raise [61 Cap]

11/14/11

- New Campaign – Mount Fang + Level Raise [66 Cap]

12/02/11

- Added Activate XP everywhere Elixir (However it wasn't widely used till Hum cap, crypt and maze gave about the same xp per hour with a good team both could so about 15k)

06/19/12

- New Campaign – Humania + Level Raise [71 Cap]

07/26/12

- New Seven Day Double XP Elixir

09/19/12

- Daily Blessing added

10/18/12

- New Campaign – Blacksmoke Mountain + Level Raise [76 Cap]

And if we want to get real technical. I don't see any nor remember any double xp weekends before 4-6-12 which means it was not in Sewers or Nuri

And xp needed to level up was reduced 11/14/12 during Fang.

I just don't see how 100k xp now is comparable to back then.

***Thanks Doc for having all the info available***

Yup as I said, enable xp elixirs were available during fang, (wasn't sure for nuris) weeklong came later, so did blessing. Gold elixirs were available throughout sewers on up. Bsm is one of the hardest campaigns I've seen in pl, if your unelixered. Nest is practically the only boss that is possible to solo as a non tank class, even then its difficult. My point is, in bsm its 7k-10k with a thrasher+ a weeklong. Its a Lil more if you have 3x. I have experimented, in fang it was 10k+ per hr with just a thrasher. I cannot be absolutely sure on nuris and sewers, but I'll take your word for it.
Are you suggesting that it should be around 125k xp, while leveling to elite I or elite II?:confused:

BroadCastle
01-24-2014, 10:36 AM
^ Angeldawn

True, all true. So, capping is easier now, well I agree with this content.

What am I asking is this: Why nobody complained on l76 cap iself? It ALSO brought 3pc rings to some players, and NO NEW RING for these characters which already had it. You did not brag about that before, even if we all know how easy is to cap 76, especially with so looong time for that. In this idea, reaching new virtual cap would still be more difficult, than basic L76, so whats the problem actually?

I really dont see any difference in this, so I really dont understand your complaints about ease or unfairness. None has brought one single argument to couter this so far. The only acceptable argument I can see in all disagreeing posts is: I simply don't like others to have the same ring. Really guys, I'm sorry but everyting else about deseving, exclusivity, eliteness etc is irrelevant, since you consider the upper fact I mentioned. Or isn't it? I'd be glad for someone to bring some considerable counter-oppinion.

Zeus
01-24-2014, 11:16 AM
My first comment to him was vague about him his quitting the game. (Below) He chose to bring up why he left, however he missed all the other times he quit.

@ Zeus

Where do you pull your statistics from? The few ppl in this thread? Have you looked at other threads? Did you leave AL and come in game and take a poll?

The reason ppl are leaving problem isn't ring. It's that the caps are coming out. If it was about three piece rings everyone who has a three piece ring would have stayed. Why did you leave?

People leave for a majority of reasons. A contributing factor is the ring. In AL, there are A LOT of former PL players who did left because of the unfair advantage PL veterans constantly received. Heck, some people don't start PL for that very reason. There are many people I can speak to in AL and they all say the same thing:
• too many levels
• permanent stat advantage
• terrible graphics

Yes, caps aren't coming out - however, do you are telling me in order to get new players to say your marketing pitch is: "Caps come out every 5-6 months, so if you play for 1 and a half years, you will finally be able to be on equal footing as the veterans of PL." Is that a joke? That's essentially what you are saying.

So, yes, I did my research before saying what I said. If I asked PL players, that would defeat the purpose as they are already playing Pocket Legends. So, the best results come from former PL players and prospective PL players.

In AL, you grind 26k XP with a .5 xp boost being your highest boost. So, the grinding is roughly the equivalent of PL and XP per hour is much much slower. Yet, despite grinding to the elite cap - all they get is a vanity banner. There's no permanent stat advantage - the advantage is individual to that campaign:
• Access of L36 Elite Gear
• Access to farm L36 Elites
• Advantages in PvP
• Unique banner to signify which campaigns your character has capped

Zeus
01-24-2014, 11:21 AM
^ Angeldawn

True, all true. So, capping is easier now, well I agree with this content.

What am I asking is this: Why nobody complained on l76 cap iself? It ALSO brought 3pc rings to some players, and NO NEW RING for these characters which already had it. You did not brag about that before, even if we all know how easy is to cap 76, especially with so looong time for that. In this idea, reaching new virtual cap would still be more difficult, than basic L76, so whats the problem actually?

I really dont see any difference in this, so I really dont understand your complaints about ease or unfairness. None has brought one single argument to couter this so far. The only acceptable argument I can see in all disagreeing posts is: I simply don't like others to have the same ring. Really guys, I'm sorry but everyting else about deseving, exclusivity, eliteness etc is irrelevant, since you consider the upper fact I mentioned. Or isn't it? I'd be glad for someone to bring some considerable counter-oppinion.

Broadcastle speaks the truth.

I'd highly appreciate it if people could bring logic into debates versus fallacious counter arguments.

Eearay
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
I just don't like AL. To me it doesn't have the same community feel to it and is less sophisticated. In my opinion it feels kinda limited.

Why Did peeps leave PL
I bet a lot of people just got bored with PL and wanted to try something new.

IGN Storm
01-24-2014, 11:28 AM
The thing is if we make the requirements 300k exp in 3 months, the free players are screwed. And yes, magic castle is much faster than mega maze. With a good group, someone would run down the left, another in the middle, and someone on the left. They meet at the end with 3x the aggroed mobs as mega maze, assuming mega maze even has places where mobs are so densly packed.

Why cant we ask for a poll on this?

gibol1412
01-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Yup as I said, enable xp elixirs were available during fang, (wasn't sure for nuris) weeklong came later, so did blessing. Gold elixirs were available throughout sewers on up. Bsm is one of the hardest campaigns I've seen in pl, if your unelixered. Nest is practically the only boss that is possible to solo as a non tank class, even then its difficult. My point is, in bsm its 7k-10k with a thrasher+ a weeklong. Its a Lil more if you have 3x. I have experimented, in fang it was 10k+ per hr with just a thrasher. I cannot be absolutely sure on nuris and sewers, but I'll take your word for it.
Are you suggesting that it should be around 125k xp, while leveling to elite I or elite II?:confused:

Blacksmoke is hard for You maybe. In past Belefort Sewers, Nuri's Hallows and Mount Fang was much more hard.

Each level cap brought some special and exclusive items, only related to that one exact cap. By these I mean cap vanities, which should really stay special, then some special cap rewards you talk about.
I'm sorry are You tirded? Elite Cap vanities are special, because they give elite rings. Elite Rings are part of this special items.
^ Such a smart guy

And please keep your sarcasm to people You know. I know You got 2pc ring with Black Dragon and You can craft this in one ring. I'm sorry for You, but some things are impossible to get.

I just don't like AL. To me it doesn't have the same community feel to it and is less sophisticated. In my opinion it feels kinda limited.

Why Did peeps leave PL
I bet a lot of people just got bored with PL and wanted to try something new.

And that's true reason. Not elite rings. People want new content.

Rings of Valiant Glory will be worked into the equation. (Have to take care of my hardcore players, by giving you some SUPER-primo stuff to work towards! :love_heart: )

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty sure when BSM came out you could get 7k- 10k an hour in Valley on just thrashers. With a good team.

As for why no one complained about capping at 76, because it is what was available to everyone. The ring was rewarded for capping. Now you are trying to change that. If you are trying to make up for missing past caps. They should equal the difficulty.

BSM is a hard campaign but is it any different than the previous campaigns when playing at the level and no elixir? Beside Humania

What about
Overlord without a bird
It used to take 10 mins to kill keeper
How about Captive Audience
The time it takes to kill king and queen
Trash heaps massive damage
Gold Fever wipe outs
Gravestoned one shot kills by mobs
Aunt Emma
Vlod
Edward

IGN Storm
01-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure when BSM came out you could get 7k- 10k an hour in Valley on just thrashers. With a good team.

As for why no one complained about capping at 76, because it is what was available to everyone. The ring was rewarded for capping. Now you are trying to change that. If you are trying to make up for missing past caps. They should equal the difficulty.

BSM is a hard campaign but is it any different than the previous campaigns when playing at the level and no elixir? Beside Humania

What about
Overlord without a bird
It used to take 10 mins to kill keeper
How about Captive Audience
The time it takes to kill king and queen
Trash heaps massive damage
Gold Fever wipe outs
Gravestoned one shot kills by mobs
Aunt Emma
Vlod
Edward

What was Alien Oasis cap award? And you don't need to fight bosses to cap. Most players who train just run hideout and crypt while skipping the bosses.

angeldawn
01-24-2014, 01:11 PM
What was Alien Oasis cap award? And you don't need to fight bosses to cap. Most players who train just run hideout and crypt while skipping the bosses.

I was replying to this, where he stats hardest campaign not hard to cap.

Bsm is one of the hardest campaigns I've seen in pl, if your unelixered. Nest is practically the only boss that is possible to solo as a non tank class, even then its difficult.

Fusionstrike
01-24-2014, 01:15 PM
I think people are missing BroadCastle's point about how caps have progressed, so let me see if I can give it a shot to explain it in a timeline, which might be clearer.

First, Fang was released. This made it possible for the first "3 vanity" bonus to be acquired (no rings yet, but the stat boosts were there). Only those who had completed both Sewers and Nuri's before got the 3-piece bonus.

Second, Humania was released. This made it possible for those with any 3 of the previous 4 to get the 3-piece bonus. Those who already had the 3-piece bonus from Fang+Nuri+Sewers got nothing additional by capping.

Third, BSM was released. It was now possible for those with any 3 of the previous 5 to get the 3-piece bonus (given through rings now, but it was all the same net effect). Those who already had 3-piece bonus from the previous 4 caps got nothing additional by capping.

So for both Humania and BSM releases, those who already had the 3-cap bonus saw other players catch up with them bonuswise by capping at the new places. The original cappers lost their special advantage to those who made up the gap in the new areas. They didn't come on the forums raging about how these "undeserving" late-comers are getting exactly the same reward even though they didn't do all the earlier caps that the original group did.

So now there's a discussion about ways for the new crop of players to catch up. And the main argument against it is that they shouldn't get access to the same content because they wouldn't be earning it the same way. But this was true when people capped at Humania and/or BSM. Those people caught up to the "original" bonus-earners and leveled the playing field by earning the same bonus even though they *gasp* didn't take exactly the same path to get there. Yet there was no hue and cry about it being "unfair" back then. Therefore, the only valid argument that can be mustered at this point is about how much effort it should take for current players to have their own chance to level the playing field. And we know exactly what that effort is: 100k XP times how ever many caps they still need to make up the difference. That's the exact formula that's been in place for all caps for two years now.

I've read several proposals now that satisfy this 100k per cap formula. Anyone who argues against players catching up by doing this work is doing so out of pure selfishness. You didn't come out and scream "unfair" when Humania and BSM cappers caught up to players who already had their bonuses in hand, so you can't justify suddenly deciding it's unfair to propose to do exactly the same thing now that PL is stuck with a permanent, insurmountable disadvantage built into the game for anyone who has joined in the last two years.

gibol1412
01-24-2014, 01:29 PM
I've read several proposals now that satisfy this 100k per cap formula. Anyone who argues against players catching up by doing this work is doing so out of pure selfishness. You didn't come out and scream "unfair" when Humania and BSM cappers caught up to players who already had their bonuses in hand, so you can't justify suddenly deciding it's unfair to propose to do exactly the same thing now that PL is stuck with a permanent, insurmountable disadvantage built into the game for anyone who has joined in the last two years.

It's just everybody can have diffrent opinions. Furthermore STS will not take into account few opinions from few players.

Bonthan
01-24-2014, 01:36 PM
I agree with Broadcastle and Zeus. A year from now we will all be standing in Balefort still complaining about 3 piece rings and how that nub has a spooky shield. There will be 6 of us and we will be cycling theough our loadouts showing off and talking about how we made it to the end. Let's all broaden our horizons and ask ourselves,"how much do I really care about the life of Pocket legends?".

Elite endgame pvp is not where the money is. Asking for a Spacetime to spend their time catering to us so a small percentage of the game can have a ring is selfish in it's own right. Let us all try to remember that most players never achieve elite cap, don't pvp, or visit the forums and have absolutely no idea this discussion even exists. A big percentage of those people don't even know how to craft dragon vanity rings.

That said, judging by the last cap and no introduction of a 4 piece ring, it seems that's all for the rings. Let's give us something to play for again!!! Turning exp on is easy enough. The bonus off ring would be the reward, but not why I spent the time playing. I have 5 capped that never see the light of day and are itching for something new.

Here are my ideas, which include a little more work from spacetime, but could very easily contain ring bonuses in them.

Rehash some old maps such as shadow caves or sewers for a new 81 cap.

This one is my favorite. Introduce a set of elite maps for us such as AL has. Elite forest haven through BSM should give us all something new to do!

Technically speaking I don't know how easy these would be to do, but it's easier than starting from a blank screen, creating all new maps and npc's.

Zeus
01-24-2014, 01:57 PM
It's just everybody can have diffrent opinions. Furthermore STS will not take into account few opinions from few players.

You're right - those few players are people with 3 piece rings.

Also, keep in mind that I say this with a 2 piece ring on my L66 mage & 1 3 piece ring on my L76 bear and 1 3 piece ring on my L76 bird.

What we are suggesting is for the longevity of PL. I truly do not see how people cannot see that in the end, it's for the better of the game.

BroadCastle
01-24-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry are You tirded? Elite Cap vanities are special, because they give elite rings. Elite Rings are part of this special items.

And please keep your sarcasm to people You know. I know You got 2pc ring with Black Dragon and You can craft this in one ring. I'm sorry for You, but some things are impossible to get.

And that's true reason. Not elite rings. People want new content.

I'm sorry that you read sarcasm in my post, eventhough I didn't want to express any. I really do think you are smart and I respect you, I thought (or was hoping) we are friends, and I would never be sarcastic against you. I don't know how about you, but I think that even good friends may disagree on something, without loosing good relationship. Thats what I would like it to be.

The fact that I have 2pc ring, and my desire for 3pc is no secret. I already said it here and admited that for sure I have motivation to support this idea. So please don't describe me as some hypocritic person, who hides his own thirst. If you don't believe that it's far not my only reason, I have no way how to persuade you... just my word.

I don't understand what "tirded" is. If it should have been "tired", that I don't understand what did you mean by that either. But anyway, for sure that elite items grants you ring, but what I was pointing out is the fact, that ring award is not exactly related to some cap. 2 players with 2 different cap vanities (and one same) has the same ring, gotcha?

So as I see that, the more exact sense is that elite vanities are part of the ring, not reversely.

For last quoted part, I can only say this: This thread is the result of missing new cap (new content). It may solve few outstanding problems, without requirements for compete cap release, which as you could notice, is not comming soon.

I am really sorry, that there is nothing much in this idea to make you happy, since you seem not being able to be happy only for others (not many people are, thats nothing against your personality). But you are forgetting about the matter considering incresing joy for alot of players, thus improving game for all, which you agreed on with me previously. The amount of legendary players like you are, however numerous, is still lower than the amount of players who would be fancy to see this idea being applied.

Let me repeat that I respect you, I really think you are smart, and I honor your ingame achievements. No matter than we are opponents in this issue, at least for me.

BroadCastle

lightzone
01-24-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't understand what "tirded" is. If it should have been "tired", that I don't understand what did you mean by that either.
BroadCastle

I think 'tirded' is short for retarded. I'm amazed at how civil you manage to be in these arguments, BroadCastle.

Itoopeo
01-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Lets not talk about rings. I dont even have 3 or 2 piece ring on my main, and only some of my twinks use actually plat rings.

So what do you guys think about this: Each elite cap unlocks a map, that has a boss in it with better drop rates/item drops that this previous boss.
Also those better bosses would actually drop different armors. Example: beastly is green coloured armor, and its crafted into red armor. The second elite boss would drop bronze beastly armors, and those would be crafted into silver. Last elite boss would drop grey armors that are crafted into black, which has special bonus sparkling effects, different to those in original savage.

Zeus
01-24-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry that you read sarcasm in my post, eventhough I didn't want to express any. I really do think you are smart and I respect you, I thought (or was hoping) we are friends, and I would never be sarcastic against you. I don't know how about you, but I think that even good friends may disagree on something, without loosing good relationship. Thats what I would like it to be.

The fact that I have 2pc ring, and my desire for 3pc is no secret. I already said it here and admited that for sure I have motivation to support this idea. So please don't describe me as some hypocritic person, who hides his own thirst. If you don't believe that it's far not my only reason, I have no way how to persuade you... just my word.

I don't understand what "tirded" is. If it should have been "tired", that I don't understand what did you mean by that either. But anyway, for sure that elite items grants you ring, but what I was pointing out is the fact, that ring award is not exactly related to some cap. 2 players with 2 different cap vanities (and one same) has the same ring, gotcha?

So as I see that, the more exact sense is that elite vanities are part of the ring, not reversely.

For last quoted part, I can only say this: This thread is the result of missing new cap (new content). It may solve few outstanding problems, without requirements for compete cap release, which as you could notice, is not comming soon.

I am really sorry, that there is nothing much in this idea to make you happy, since you seem not being able to be happy only for others (not many people are, thats nothing against your personality). But you are forgetting about the matter considering incresing joy for alot of players, thus improving game for all, which you agreed on with me previously. The amount of legendary players like you are, however numerous, is still lower than the amount of players who would be fancy to see this idea being applied.

Let me repeat that I respect you, I really think you are smart, and I honor your ingame achievements. No matter than we are opponents in this issue, at least for me.

BroadCastle

Broad, at this point - I think you should just play AL.

It's a fairer game with more opportunity and increasingly difficult goals. I've never felt more challenged in STG's MMOs than AL. Elite content in AL is equivalent to AOIII and Balefort Sewers back in the day when the game required skill.

It's obvious that the developers are not going to put resources towards making this happen so anyone arguing for this notion to be passed is simply wasting time.

BroadCastle
01-24-2014, 03:21 PM
I think 'tirded' is short for retarded. I'm amazed at how civil you manage to be in these arguments, BroadCastle.

Oh, thats partialy caused by my foreign origin. If it really is "retarted", I am either sad and surprised. I really hope it wasn't that.

Maybe my posts sound like "trying to sound clever". I am trying to explain my feelings the best I can, and believe me, it's hard sometimes to fasr reply some post. I was already asking for your leniency about that.

EDIT:
Just saying, maybe you could edit your post not to quote whole of my saying to save some space in this thread. For me personaly, huge quotes which are not really needed (my post is right above) cloggs the thread.

BroadCastle
01-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Broad, at this point - I think you should just play AL. ...

...It's obvious that the developers are not going to put resources towards making this happen so anyone arguing for this notion to be passed is simply wasting time.

Hey, no doubts about what you say ybout AL. Just consider, my time for gameplay is really low. I am fixed on PL just because of ingame friendship, and some joy of playing in addition. I really dont feel like starting any new game, PL is in fact the only video game I play. NO computer games or other games at all. I'm simply to busy to come to AL and grind succesfully.

What you say about devs is contrary to my honest hopes. I still trust in devs in case of PL, and this idea is the better, because of bringing alot of pluses with not much work. Thats why I'm supporting it so heavily, and why I dispute here with my friends.

If I thought I'm just wasting my time here, I would not respond. But yea, I got your point, and it's definitely some part of truth.

EDIT: Oh, and last but not least, both of my mobile deviced (iPad 1 and some old Android phone) are unable to run AL very well. Not the main reason, but also a reason tho.

lightzone
01-24-2014, 03:30 PM
^^ Your posts are fine. Some people take things different ways. It's just the price we have to pay to communicate through this medium.

gibol1412
01-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Nope. I was mean "tired" Just not notice this. I never insults people. Regards.

PS. I like Broadcastle and I know him in game, just here we have other opinions :)
I think in PL we need just something new. Whatever it be.
PPS. I don't like Arcane Legends like Pocket Legends, it's just not same. I don't know how to farm there because chest and locked crates for platinum.

Caiahar
01-24-2014, 06:54 PM
AL is okay for me, I like It enough..but when I asked my friends I used to have in old caps, they simply ignored me...
I started to play AL bit by bit, but I can't succesfully level from 27 to 35 >_<

Jig
01-24-2014, 07:39 PM
AL is okay for me, I like It enough..but when I asked my friends I used to have in old caps, they simply ignored me...
I started to play AL bit by bit, but I can't succesfully level from 27 to 35 >_<

newb

jks, how hard is it..? seems pretty easy to me :/

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 03:28 AM
newb

jks, how hard is it..? seems pretty easy to me :/

No proper elixirs in AL. And only dungeons have proper xp gain, which somehow reduces, the more u play it. Its so annoying, thats why i prefer PL

Jig
01-25-2014, 09:54 AM
No proper elixirs in AL. And only dungeons have proper xp gain, which somehow reduces, the more u play it. Its so annoying, thats why i prefer PL
There are literally no need for elixirs ! Seriously! And for you to complain about that, there is a combo elix in the store, which I never use cause you don't need anything! If you wanted to speed up just buy a 50%.

But I know, you're more familiar with PL, its simple, right there & easy, why I love PL always will right now its indescribable on how great it is, but hey, sometimes you need a change .. Especially how PL is lately I don't have the patience and keeps turning me of :/

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 04:48 PM
There are literally no need for elixirs ! Seriously! And for you to complain about that, there is a combo elix in the store, which I never use cause you don't need anything! If you wanted to speed up just buy a 50%.

But I know, you're more familiar with PL, its simple, right there & easy, why I love PL always will right now its indescribable on how great it is, but hey, sometimes you need a change .. Especially how PL is lately I don't have the patience and keeps turning me of :/

+50%xp combo elixir. woo hoo.

In PL i always wait for +200%xp combo. See the difference?
Ppl who are lazy at lvling, should play PL

Zeus
01-25-2014, 05:52 PM
+50%xp combo elixir. woo hoo.

In PL i always wait for +200%xp combo. See the difference?
Ppl who are lazy at lvling, should play PL

There are 76 levels in PL. There are only 36 in AL.

That is a vastly different amount of XP.

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 05:56 PM
There are 76 levels in PL. There are only 36 in AL.

That is a vastly different amount of XP.

The amount of xp needed to level up is increasing a lot faster in AL than PL.

Jig
01-25-2014, 07:07 PM

I went from 10-21 in less then a week, NO ELIXIRS besides dailys.

I went from 31-35 in 3 days. 35-36 in a week and a couple of days, i was barely trying, I also used NO elixirs.

Play the game and get to know it before making decisions.

Zeus
01-25-2014, 07:12 PM

No it isn't. Developers have stated on numerous occasions that the max each level would cost in XP is 2,600 XP with the elite cap being a max of 26k XP. The reason this decision was made was because they realized that PL became too grindy and cut in to their profits.

BroadCastle
01-25-2014, 07:15 PM
^ However the discussion about differences between PL and AL is interresting, it's pretty off toppic in this thread. I'd like to ask you guys to make some extra thread for discussing this, instead of staying in this one. Thanks

Jig
01-25-2014, 07:21 PM
^ However the discussion about differences between PL and AL is interresting, it's pretty off toppic in this thread. I'd like to ask you guys to make some extra thread for discussing this, instead of staying in this one. Thanks
Don't be so picky Broad hah

Itoopeo
01-26-2014, 03:57 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135256-AL-vs-PL!&p=1444120#post1444120

Jig
01-26-2014, 04:30 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135256-AL-vs-PL!&p=1444120#post1444120

Lol

lightzone
01-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Bump.

garou498
03-05-2014, 09:32 AM
your idea is great Argyros!!

Argyros
03-05-2014, 10:37 AM
your idea is great Argyros!!

Thanks. ^^

FFA
03-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Elite rings!!!!!!

Xbuddyjosh
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
There should be a max of grinding one extra time for 2 PC, I think 3pc should remain exclusive to people who earned it over time.

Argyros
03-06-2014, 07:44 AM
There should be a max of grinding one extra time for 2 PC, I think 3pc should remain exclusive to people who earned it over time.

Then this entire thread would be pointless. You are saying that there should be a 1yrish wait in between being able to start elite xp gain, in order to get a 2/3pc?...

Because bsm cappers have already waited over a year... They have waited longer than a lot if those 3pcers for at least a chance for a 2pc.

Jig
03-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Then this entire thread would be pointless. You are saying that there should be a 3-1yr wait in between being able to start elite xp gain, in order to get a 2/3pc?...

Because bsm cappers have already waited over a year... They have waited longer than a lot if those 3pcers for at least a chance for a 2pc.

A year 3 caps? No lol more then a year from nuri to fang then Humania

Argyros
03-08-2014, 09:52 AM
A year 3 caps? No lol more then a year from nuri to fang then Humania

I meant 1 year, I dunno where that 3- came in lol. If I was actually going to say that, I would have put 1-3 not 3-1. That's strange I'll edit.

Jig
03-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Confused but ok all good