PDA

View Full Version : Idea for 6 month veteran PL shield

pocketursan
01-20-2014, 12:12 AM
This is just a simple idea so people can differentiate original people who've gotten their shields from the contest and people who've just played for 6 months. I'm not too sure if this idea has been said somewhere else but my idea was to re color the 6 month PL shield to this.

Burningdex
01-20-2014, 12:17 AM
omg yes i woulds second that color scyeme and idea :)

NECROREAPER
01-20-2014, 12:20 AM
I think the easier option for STG would be to reaward those players who earned the shield, since its be harder to take away 1000000 shields than to give 50. I'm not being biased or anything, just basing my opinion off observation.

That would be a nice color way though.

Extreme
01-20-2014, 05:12 AM
I think the easier option for STG would be to reaward those players who earned the shield, since its be harder to take away 1000000 shields than to give 50. I'm not being biased or anything, just basing my opinion off observation.

I agree to pumpking.

LEVEL ONE
01-20-2014, 09:21 AM

I would normally agree on that, but after my research on PL shields I can't agree to that. The shields were really, really exclusive back then (referring to the year of 2010) and granted only to realy creative people who won a contest, or we're given away to people who contributed something big for/to the community.

There was a lot of complaining when 8 people got the PL shield in the "Where do you play PL?" contests, and after that the PL shields lost their exclusivity and meaning (imo), especially in contests such as "I don't always X, but when I do Y, because of Z" (9 winners) or the "Mummy loves you!" (11 winners) contest (maybe even more such contests that I'm unaware of?). Nobody even bothered complaining about how they're being handed out anymore. In an ideal world, STS would still be hosting contests, adding new content every 2 months and people wouldn't farm noobs in PVP... But that's obviously not the case.

I have nothing against you Necroreaper, my reply would be the same, no matter to whom I'm replying.

XghostzX
01-20-2014, 01:11 PM
That would be a dope color...

NECROREAPER
01-20-2014, 02:25 PM
I would normally agree on that, but after my research on PL shields I can't agree to that. The shields were really, really exclusive back then (referring to the year of 2010) and granted only to realy creative people who won a contest, or we're given away to people who contributed something big for/to the community.

There was a lot of complaining when 8 people got the PL shield in the "Where do you play PL?" contests, and after that the PL shields lost their exclusivity and meaning (imo), especially in contests such as "I don't always X, but when I do Y, because of Z" (9 winners) or the "Mummy loves you!" (11 winners) contest (maybe even more such contests that I'm unaware of?). Nobody even bothered complaining about how they're being handed out anymore. In an ideal world, STS would still be hosting contests, adding new content every 2 months and people wouldn't farm noobs in PVP... But that's obviously not the case.

I have nothing against you Necroreaper, my reply would be the same, no matter to whom I'm replying.

Valid and sound opinions are always welcome.