PDA

View Full Version : The Solution to the unwanted pinks.

Kossi
11-25-2010, 07:33 PM
so there i am, at the CS, scanning through items for a good deal, when i realize something about everyone else had already noticed,

THE NEW AO3 COMMON PINKS(fate,destiny,fortune) ARE NOT EVEN WORTH SELLING!

my solution? simple. dueling.
So this is how it works, you go to your opponents avatar page and press "duel"
if your opponent accepts, you both confirm your gear during the fight and press accept.
you go to a 1 vs 1 arena where:

1. your health is doubled.
2. no health/mana pots are allowed
3. you cannot remove your equipment/change equipment
4. you cannot leave, if you get disconnected, you lose.
5. losing means you lose everything you are WEARING
6. winning means you recieve everything they lost.

this, what i think will make these pinks more valuable and useful.
also, when choosing your gear, before you accept, you can see what gear your opponent has chosen.

ALSO!
check out this great idea on a great new minigame designed for the new(hopefully coming) alien oasis city towne.

THE NEW EPIC BOSS CHALLENGE! *furious clapping*

Okay,
so this idea is a minigame, which has to do with strategy.
Say you walk into a city, hopefully the new alien oasis city, and you see a circle arena
you then talk to *bob*(lets go with that) the guard, and pay bob about...100 coins to fight the challenger In the arena.
Now the challenger is an NPC that gets harder everytime you defeat it
there are 10 dufficulty levels the NPC goes to, from 1-10, 10 being the most challenging.
The boss uses all 3 classes of attack (int,dex,str) and you have to kite, push, unbuff,stun,break armour,freeze, kill healers/minions in order to kill it.
If you defeat the boss at round 10, you talk to *joe*, the rewards NPC, where you recieve a new item (vanity or other) and an achievement on your avatar page.
Also, no elixirs are allowed
you can keep doing the challenge for points that go toward pvp rewards that you claim at joe.
The boss is designed for level 50s only and is different for each class due to its skills.

Note this is just off the top of my head, i may edit this ALOT.

Also, for all RS players, Yes. This is the jad of PL.

leave your comments and/or ideas in the comment section belowwwwwwwwww

TOASTYTorpedo
11-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Well as long as we are doing fight caves we might as well make a set number of rounds before getting to the Jad of PL

Necrobane
11-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I like the first idea heaps, would the players loose the money on them as well? Does the gear dropped by the loosing player go straight to the winners inventory? Just wondering :)

jjjjaaaakkkke
11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm not saying your first idea is bad or anything it's just that it's unoriginal. Your first idea is kind of like duel arena in RS.

Necrobane
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Lol, Quite frankly jjjjaaaakkkke, the first idea is in practically every mmorpg I've seen, he's just puting it out there that it would work well in this one. PLEASE when it comes to this area in the forums, its the way that it would be incorporated into this game that makes ideas original.

Kossi
11-28-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm not saying your first idea is bad or anything it's just that it's unoriginal. Your first idea is kind of like duel arena in RS.
both are ideas that are in almost every mmo

MoarPewPew
11-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Like I said before, have the other pinks buffed a bit so they can be used more.

Then the devs don't have to go program this into game.(if they even decided to) Seems complicated to program it lol

(I am not in any way doubting the devs skills, just think it would be hard, but not impossible)

Jespo
11-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Ehh maybe not everything they got on but just one piece and you decide or they pick what they want to "duel" you for

bladesword
11-29-2010, 06:42 AM
The devs done good math i think, its fine.
Every time a person yells unfair, unfair, its noisy and annoying. anyways, 3 races cant be fair -.- unless those people want same skills and no range weapons.

heyheykid
11-30-2010, 05:00 PM
great idea. sounds like loads of fun :)

Gamelova
11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
HEY! Don't you want a mobile runescape! "HINT" We need one but without all the "junk" ( I'm watching you new devs... mauahahaahaahahahah Good luck ) in RS ex. The "Trade", As in *Coughs* Just log in and when you trade you will uNdERstAnD!

tsschinadawg
12-02-2010, 08:20 PM
this is a great idea for the first one,. but its too stressfull for the losing person maybe one item hes using is enough if he looses so he will have a reason to hunt again for that item or buy one again,.. for real due yo no rush on boss i dont hunt anymore,. i have money i got the items whats my reason to hunt again right??!!

plus 1 for this thread

ps when a person looses 1 item is rondomly get drop not the winning opponent got the power to pick what to loot its much better right?

Kossi
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
lol they ARE coming out with rs for the ipad.

bladesword
12-05-2010, 04:38 AM
So if i kill you, i get the whole void set?