PDA

View Full Version : The Solution to the unwanted pinks/ The new Epic boss challenge! (revived)

Kossi
11-25-2010, 07:34 PM
The Solution to the unwanted pinks.
so there i am, at the CS, scanning through items for a good deal, when i realize something about everyone else had already noticed,

THE NEW AO3 COMMON PINKS(fate,destiny,fortune) ARE NOT EVEN WORTH SELLING!

my solution? simple. dueling.
So this is how it works, you go to your opponents avatar page and press "duel"
if your opponent accepts, you both confirm your gear during the fight and press accept.
you go to a 1 vs 1 arena where:

1. your health is doubled.
2. no health/mana pots are allowed
3. you cannot remove your equipment/change equipment
4. you cannot leave, if you get disconnected, you lose.
5. losing means you lose everything you are WEARING
6. winning means you recieve money based on their level (level 10=1k level 25= 2.5k lv 50=5k)
this, what i think will make these pinks more valuable and useful.
also, when choosing your gear, before you accept, you can see what gear your opponent has chosen.

ALSO!
check out this great idea on a great new minigame designed for the new(hopefully coming) alien oasis city towne.

THE NEW EPIC BOSS CHALLENGE! *furious clapping*

Okay,
so this idea is a minigame, which has to do with strategy.
Say you walk into a city, hopefully the new alien oasis city, and you see a circle arena
you then talk to *bob*(lets go with that) the guard, and pay bob about...100 coins to fight the challenger In the arena.
Now the challenger is an NPC that gets harder everytime you defeat it
there are 10 dufficulty levels the NPC goes to, from 1-10, 10 being the most challenging.
The boss uses all 3 classes of attack (int,dex,str) and you have to kite, push, unbuff,stun,break armour,freeze, kill healers/minions in order to kill it.
If you defeat the boss at round 10, you talk to *joe*, the rewards NPC, where you recieve a new item (vanity or other) and an achievement on your avatar page.
Also, no elixirs are allowed
you can keep doing the challenge for points that go toward pvp rewards that you claim at joe.
The boss is designed for level 50s only and is different for each class due to its skills.

Note this is just off the top of my head, i may edit this ALOT.

Also, for all RS players, Yes. This is the jad of PL.

leave your comments and/or ideas in the comment section belowwwwwwwwww

chriscw97
11-25-2010, 07:42 PM
nice 'elite' dungeon thingy but dont u think it would be better to have a partner? As some classes r just non-soloable,
And i would do it once i get to 50, im lv48 now so anyone care to help me? lol

Rusalio
11-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Well find me in game and I'll help ya.... Sort of see the "poor ol me" playing out here.....lol for Petes sake it's a game. I help any and all players alike...soounds your just finding the wrong players i guess.

Lol....funny stuff

Lesrider
11-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but how would this make the junk pinks worth more?

MoarPewPew
11-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Okay, I like your idea but... Since you said you wanted to get rid of your unwanted pinks you would equip them to duel a player. The other player would do the same. If you beat the other player wouldn't you get more unwanted pinks?

I like the mini game concept though.

Ellyidol
11-25-2010, 08:11 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. I only read up to the minigame part but wouldn't the dueling just transfer the unwanted pinks to another player?

Kossi
11-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Okay, I like your idea but... Since you said you wanted to get rid of your unwanted pinks you would equip them to duel a player. The other player would do the same. If you beat the other player wouldn't you get more unwanted pinks?

I like the mini game concept though.

hold on, let me think of something

fixed,now you will get money based on your level

Lesrider
11-25-2010, 08:16 PM
So the unwanted pinks stay unwanted?

Ellyidol
11-25-2010, 08:18 PM
I think by losing what your wearing kossi means they just disappear instead of being transfered to the winner? Not sure.

Upgrading can get rid of unwanted pinks too :p

MoarPewPew
11-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Why not have the common pinks buffed more... There you go problem solved. Lol

Kossi
11-25-2010, 08:20 PM
So the unwanted pinks stay unwanted?

like rs, people use the expensive gear (armadyl,bandos) for boss fighting/training
also in rs, when people pvp, they use items worth losing

this will be the same, these items will be put to use!

Kurlz
11-25-2010, 08:41 PM
the "unwanted" pinks would become valuable, in that people wouldnt want to use their good gear in a situation that might cause them to lose it, therefore making it so that players would want to have some items on them that they wouldnt mind losing, but that would still give them decent stats.

am i right on this?

Kossi
11-25-2010, 08:42 PM
the "unwanted" pinks would become valuable, in that people wouldnt want to use their good gear in a situation that might cause them to lose it, therefore making it so that players would want to have some items on them that they wouldnt mind losing, but that would still give them decent stats.

am i right on this?

yes, you are correct

icantgetkills
11-25-2010, 10:51 PM

Agreed... Like 1k because u get them every now and then

PvpLegend
11-25-2010, 11:27 PM
coment sections belllllllllowwwwww-RWJ :)
freakin epic ideas ill restart playin if they were real..

TwinkTastical
11-26-2010, 03:51 AM
Wewt! jad made me about 20 grand irl... God i love fire caping.

:)

Edit: @ Kossi

i beg to differ risk wise.

In rs my average risk while pking is 70-80m ;) on +1, if not.. 180-210m.

Gamelova
11-26-2010, 10:28 AM
FRIK YES OHHH MOTHER HECK YEAHZ! I wanted to be like this in the first place. REAL pvp: ( Where you loose your junk in battle ) Note: We all get ticked when we loose so keep the old pvp and add this pvp idea!! * Claps Furiously * LOLOLOL Hahah your welcome :)

smoae
11-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't want to be mean, but the first thing is a very bad idea. You lose all the stuff you're wearing, but only get 5k at the most? Even if I was wearing full destiny/fate/fortune, I could sell those for a lot more than 5k.
Not being able to quit? Sorry, someone's breaking into my house, but I can't call the police because then I'll have to quit and lose all of my expensive gear.
And how would that make anything more valuable? Even if people did do it (which they wouldn't) all it would do is get rid of their pinks, which in no way makes them more valuable.

The minigame thing is ok, i guess.

Kossi
11-26-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't want to be mean, but the first thing is a very bad idea. You lose all the stuff you're wearing, but only get 5k at the most? Even if I was wearing full destiny/fate/fortune, I could sell those for a lot more than 5k.
Not being able to quit? Sorry, someone's breaking into my house, but I can't call the police because then I'll have to quit and lose all of my expensive gear.
And how would that make anything more valuable? Even if people did do it (which they wouldn't) all it would do is get rid of their pinks, which in no way makes them more valuable.

The minigame thing is ok, i guess.

i cant imagine anyone who would risk their rift/void/cosmos for a 5k fight

i cant sell anything fortune/fate/destiny unless its under 1k...and those are not even worth selling due to the cost to sell them

TwinkTastical
11-26-2010, 12:31 PM
i cant imagine anyone who would risk their rift/void/cosmos for a 5k fight

i cant sell anything fortune/fate/destiny unless its under 1k...and those are not even worth selling due to the cost to sell them

Yeh i agree, im not riskin my rift unless ur risking 1.3m also xD

But no running is ok, thats what made RSC pvp so awesome....

Although i couldnt say Gf bank, back to boat, Gf claws, Gf ags, Or nice welfare set . :(

lce
11-26-2010, 03:27 PM
There should really be a duel system in the game as people get tired of killing someone without getting anything.

Rusalio
11-26-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm with smoae on this one, however do think that perhaps rather than taking other drops but perhaps they can opt for a cash value. Aka, it be a percentage of the actual armor value..... Can't see going into a fight to be oops by a lagg or some other unknown screwup to loose all and have to start fresh again without appropriate equip to farm gold adequately.

Kossi
11-26-2010, 06:34 PM
bump! we need a dev to comment on this!

Kossi
11-27-2010, 05:12 PM
bump .

Winternight
11-27-2010, 05:58 PM
I would rather not mix RuneScape and Pocket Legends, so I think the Jad idea is a no go. However, I love the staking/dueling idea.

bump .

Forum rules. :p

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Kossi
11-27-2010, 06:03 PM
I would rather not mix RuneScape and Pocket Legends, so I think the Jad idea is a no go. However, I love the staking/dueling idea.

Forum rules. :p

dont think of it as exactly jad, it will be an ao3 monster you kill you PVP perks
and it will look like a badass desert golem that took more deadly as rounds continue
in rs, you kill a ton of easy monsters until you kill the boss

TwinkTastical
11-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Great idea, i support it. but the bad news is... this wont be implemented soon. ALTHOUGh!

Staking would be easy Id think.

Take the trade screen, name it duel screen.
Both players put up bets in items/gold, when both click the check box, the 1v1 fight starts.
Then winner gets the stuff, Seems pretty easy... with a couple changes to trade system..