Boring.. I never did beyond 1000 flags.. and won't waste time on it further

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Anarchist
01-20-2014, 09:26 AM
the rare times i choose to flag i do it cuz there is no one to kill

Akizah
01-20-2014, 11:49 AM
It is quite boring
I (and lots of other people as well) just do it for achievements :)

Artae
01-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Pfft. In ctf i focus on killing not flagging. My rogue has like 28 flags haha.

Ebezaanec
01-20-2014, 12:15 PM
The things I would rather do then Flag:

1. Watch paint dry
2. Watch golf
3. Watch the Static Channel
4. Watch Sequoia saplings grow
5. Stand in Kraag/Windmoore Guild Hub (Yikes)
6. Watch Full Myth warriors 1v1
7. Think of more things I would rather do than Flag...

Xstealthxx
01-20-2014, 02:23 PM
The things I would rather do then Flag:

1. Watch paint dry
2. Watch golf
3. Watch the Static Channel
4. Watch Sequoia saplings grow
5. Stand in Kraag/Windmoore Guild Hub (Yikes)
6. Watch Full Myth warriors 1v1
7. Think of more things I would rather do than Flag...

Haha funny

Sheener
01-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Ive got like 270 flags and I have only gotten 80 of those in the last couple months. I feel like it has taken me forever. It has ruined the game of ctf. The acheivement is the reason ctf isnt fun

Energizeric
01-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Here are my thoughts on this:

1) It is good to have at least one achievement that is difficult. Without the flagging achievements, hundreds of players would have all the achievement points and the "Top Player" leaderboard would simply be identical to the PvE Kills leaderboard.

2) Because the flagging achievements are the only very difficult achievements that take a lot of time to get, most of the top players only have these flagging achievements left, so everyone is working on them at the same time and therefore CTF has become a flagging routine where nobody competes and everyone is allowed to run flags to a 5-5 tie.

3) I think there needs to be more very difficult achievements added to the game. There should be so many time consuming and difficult achievements that nobody could ever have all the achievements. I'd like to see PvE Kills going all the way up to 1m, same with CTF and TDM Kills, I'd like to see some sort of merching achievements related to the auction, etc. We had a thread on this a while back.

4) As I previously mentioned, if some sort of "Team" CTF stats were put in place, then players would be encouraged to work as a team and actually try to win the game instead of just allowing the other team to run flags while they do the same.

Sheener
01-20-2014, 03:50 PM
1 mil on pve kills is too high. We need more timed run acheivements like the hauntlet but harder.

Energizeric
01-20-2014, 04:55 PM
1 mil on pve kills is too high. We need more timed run acheivements like the hauntlet but harder.

But these sorts of achievements only take a few minutes to finish. We do need achievements that take a very long time to complete, like months, not hours or minutes. Otherwise all of the top players will have all of the achievements. Right now the "Top Players" leaderboard is becoming the same as the PvE Kills leaderboard. If everyone has all the achievement points, then what's the point of even having a leaderboard. Nobody should have all the achievements, and yes there should be very high numbers. I wouldn't mind 10m being one of them. I would have no intention of ever trying for that, but mabye someone would, so good for them.

Whey do you have the mindset that you must get every achievement? By stating 1m PvE kills is too high, you are saying exactly that --- it is too high for you. So if you do not want to be bothered with a certain achievement, then automatically it is no good? BTW, there are quite a few players that do have 1m PvE kills, perhaps even more than have 10k flags.

But yes, I am extremely bored with flagging. I would love to work on some other achievements, but guess what? There are none left for me to work on except flagging. Total failure there. If there were some more timed run achievements, I suppose that would keep me busy for a day or two. And then I would be back to the same place. I need some other achievements to work on that take some considerable time. So maybe one day I'd do flagging, and the next day work on something else.

Commanderkeen
01-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Only time I flag is when the whole map is ET so we finish 5/5 or when there's nothing but level 8 twinks so Zod my level 6 doesn't get slaughtered.

inkredible
01-20-2014, 06:16 PM
i love it.. sooo muchhhhhhhhhh..........

Sheener
01-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Yes but u r saying that right now it is like the pve kills leaderboard. But to ask for a new high pve aps will make it the exact same

Energizeric
01-21-2014, 02:38 AM
Yes but u r saying that right now it is like the pve kills leaderboard. But to ask for a new high pve aps will make it the exact same

There should also be high pvp kills, and some other very difficult APs. It should be such that nobody can possibly do them all even if they played 24/7. No single achievement should be necessary to make the leaderboard.

Every area of the game should have some hard, long, time consuming achievements. How about 50k, 100k, 500k, 1m PvP kills, 50k, 100k, 500k, 1m, PvE kills, how about some merching achievements, like perhaps 1m, 5m, 10m, 50m, 100m spent on auction listing fees. I don't even care if some of these seem impossible, it still can't hurt to have them. Then we can all pick a certain area and pursue those achievements.

Maalice
01-21-2014, 04:47 AM
Please dont add pve kills... people already bot farm pve...

Limsi
01-21-2014, 05:14 AM
Here are my thoughts on this:

1) It is good to have at least one achievement that is difficult. Without the flagging achievements, hundreds of players would have all the achievement points and the "Top Player" leaderboard would simply be identical to the PvE Kills leaderboard.

2) Because the flagging achievements are the only very difficult achievements that take a lot of time to get, most of the top players only have these flagging achievements left, so everyone is working on them at the same time and therefore CTF has become a flagging routine where nobody competes and everyone is allowed to run flags to a 5-5 tie.

3) I think there needs to be more very difficult achievements added to the game. There should be so many time consuming and difficult achievements that nobody could ever have all the achievements. I'd like to see PvE Kills going all the way up to 1m, same with CTF and TDM Kills, I'd like to see some sort of merching achievements related to the auction, etc. We had a thread on this a while back.

4) As I previously mentioned, if some sort of "Team" CTF stats were put in place, then players would be encouraged to work as a team and actually try to win the game instead of just allowing the other team to run flags while they do the same.

Spot on. It's these kind of tedious achievments which separates those who want to be on the top and would actually undergo such a painstaking activity.

gumball3000
01-21-2014, 06:37 AM
I will tell you exactly what this achievement does: it allows real people to get in the lb, not just bots/dummy farmers.
Having more than 10k pve kills achiecement is plain stupid because we all now how the top lb holders got over 2.5 m pve kills and thats by using bots in camp boulder.
The pvp kills achiev can be farmed on dummyes. The arena/elusive/krunch/bael achievements can be bought with gold. And the 100m can be borrowed.
There is no real achievement apart from the flag one.

Solid
01-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Please dont add pve kills... people already bot farm pve...

Amen some people find joy in afk botting pve kills.

Xstealthxx
01-21-2014, 02:44 PM
They must make lb for richest gold holder.. Haha

drgrimmy
01-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Yep, they need to add alot more achievements to diversify the game and let leaderboarders focus on something other than flags... APs to encourage more elite PvE participation would be nice....

So not only 250k, 500k and 1m PvE kills...
But also things like:
Loot 100 or 1k golden elite chests (banded, pirate, war, puzzle etc)
Loot 1 or 10 of each elite legendary gear item (eg archon ring, architect pylon, architect blades, shade armor, etc.)
Kill each elite boss 10, 100, 1k times
Etc.

The options are limitless and could only improve the game by encouraging players to focus on things other than PvP flags. There needs to be something to encourage people to again do elites, since there is little incentive at this point with gear being cheap, and PvE sems pretty dead to me :(

becky_xil
01-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Flagging is so much fun ! Can easily make u fall asleep.. carefull with that

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

KingMartin
01-22-2014, 06:01 AM
This AP is the reason why I know that I will never be on LB. And this in turn spares me drama, flaming, rage quits, posting buff that nerf that etc...

So, I am happy that this AP exists.

There are so many more interesting things to do instead of flagging :-)

I only don't understand one thing: we have such a nonsense (thanks to "pvp rules", not the AP per se) PvP AP... So... Why can't we have 1000 Shuyal bosses or something like that? Or, 100000 Elite Mobs. It would give us an option of how we want to enter the LB.
Something that makes it almost impossible to follow both PvE and PvP paths to LB completely. Something that would distinguish more between players.

Now there are only flags (distorted by "don't kill me I flag only") and pve kills (distorted by afk tricks).

KingMartin
01-22-2014, 06:05 AM
Yep, they need to add alot more achievements to diversify the game and let leaderboarders focus on something other than flags... APs to encourage more elite PvE participation would be nice....

So not only 250k, 500k and 1m PvE kills...
But also things like:
Loot 100 or 1k golden elite chests (banded, pirate, war, puzzle etc)
Loot 1 or 10 of each elite legendary gear item (eg archon ring, architect pylon, architect blades, shade armor, etc.)
Kill each elite boss 10, 100, 1k times
Etc.

The options are limitless and could only improve the game by encouraging players to focus on things other than PvP flags. There needs to be something to encourage people to again do elites, since there is little incentive at this point with gear being cheap, and PvE sems pretty dead to me :(

I agree, only in order to eliminate exploiting, I would introduce elite pve kills.

Also, no more luck based APs if possible please.