PDA

View Full Version : General Thoughts and Suggestions

flaimdude
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I know, very specific title, but that's really what this post is going to be about. Note: this is probably going to be a fairly long post. :)

First off, I'd like to say that PL is amazing. Guild Wars on the iPhone OS? Check. Improving? Check. Friendly people on the forums? Check. (Not quite directly related to PL itself, but still) Developers that actually listen and add improvements that players want? CHECK! (That's probably one of the most amazing things that I love about PL - and it's not a very common practice on the app store as far as I've seen)

Alrighty, now to the thoughts and suggestions. :) I have played PL for a little while, and have recently purchased the first combo pack since I am rapidly approaching level 13 (enchantress) and didn't want to get lvl cap'd. Since my first idea involves level balancing, I made a warrior and an archer so I could check them out quickly before writing this with no experience in the other classes whatsoever. :) Also, note that these aren't all things I think should be fixed, some are just opinions about the game.

1) Level balancing (pots). In my opinion, it seems that the mage (enchantress) is overpowered. Now, as much as I'd hate to see my favorite class's power tweaked, I'd hate for the class to start being spammed even more. Lvl 1 mage vs. lvl 1 warrior vs. lvl 1 archer = 20DPS vs. 12DPS vs. 13DPS. Granted, mage uses a bit more MP than the other classes, but when you consider that you can just pot spam, the mage becomes overpowered. The MP cost of spells, etc., imo, isn't enough to outweigh the fact that I can run away from my enemy while attacking, take hardly any damage (from 'warrior' grunts and bosses, which are what all of the harder bosses are), heal myself, equip an item that even gives me back MP/s (and eventually HP/s at the same time), and pot spam. Granted, other classes can equip items from other classes, but that just makes base mages even more powerful. For example, get a mage to a high enough level where you can heal practically your whole health with one tap, then pour all your points into dex and get a fast bow. I don't know if the other classes can do the same with with HP pots, but I've seen it with mages. And I think that this could be very easily solved by simply increasing the price of pots. Either that, or don't allow people to buy them whatsoever and simply increasing how quickly people make pots. Granted, this isn't a strategy game, so it's not super critical, but as I said before, class spamming is laaaaaame. ;)

2) Guilds. Because everyone loves guilds, even if the devs don't have a system set up for it. :) But a guild system would be very cool, especially if guilds could make their own Townes. This would open up a whole range of things such as guild-specific items and add-ons for guild Townes. And a guild chat would be very sweet. :D

3) The ability to enchant your own items. Granted, it would have to be very very very expensive to make sure that it didn't ruin game balance, but I think that this would be a cool way to make your item yours, if you know what I mean. Like for 5k gold-ish you could add 1 HP/s to your weapon, or something like that.

4) Trade center/economy. I'm not sure if the devs are working on this, idk. But having a trade center where you can buy/sell items like on a market (think grand exchange) would be amazing. :) That would give way to an in-game economy, which is always sweet (although can be hazardous if glitches/hacks are found).

On to the minor things! :)

5) Auto-correct in chat. Pleeeeeeease. :)
6) The ability to choose gender for any class. Cause then you can pretend to be a girl easier and mooch off of other people cause most guys will choose guys. XD No, not really. Just because I'd rather have a male mage, tbh.
7) Multitouch on spells. Cause freezing and fire at the same time would be sweet. :)
8) Display number of hours played on stats. Just cause. ;)
9) Be able to see people's equipment's stats by taping on their profile. Because when I see a sweet weapon, I wanna know it's stats and if it's legendary. :)

One last thing...

10) Level cap, paying, etc. Bit of a touchy subject, but from what I've seen, but I think that the level cap could either be left alone, or increased and have the XP curve be much much steeper (and make purple and pink items only for people who have purchased something too). That way non-payers could still get up fairly high, but after playing through the last part of the f2p quest for the 50th time just to get enough XP to get to level 20 (not to mention all the other times for the other levels), and still using fairly lame items, I think they could see the value in buying the add-ons. I do like how PL isn't a per-month thing though. :)

Phew! Like I said, long post. ;) Also, I can't wait for PvP!

EDIT:
K, so I just had another idea. Pets. :) Pretty self-explanatory, would be a good gold sink if the gold's value decreased (once there was an economy). Perhaps fighting pets for quests, or just pets for in the Townes.

EDIT2:
I have to confess that I didn't see the In Dev. part of the forums before posting this. Their list of long-term goals has a ton of stuff which I talk a lil bit about here, so that's awesome. PL dev team, you guys rock. :)

TheBaconKing
05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
1. The enchantress may have the highest DPS, but they are made of glass. They hit hard, but rely on mana potions. Which can get pretty expensive especially at lower levels when money is harder to come by. The mages DPS is also determined mostly by their gear. While the Archers DPS is part gear and part Dexterity. While the Warrior is meant to be a tank therefore their DPS will be lower. They have great armor which helps their low damage.

2. The Devs have said that guild *will* be coming in an update later than 1.2. We just don't know which or when.

3. Would be cool.

4. Would be cool.

5. NEED IN NEXT UPDATE

6. No preference

7. Would be nice

8. Just casue haha

9. Yes.. Especially since most of the time the rare and legendary look identical when worn.

10. There is no level cap for free players per say. The monsters in the free levels are level 10. Once you reach level 13 you no longer gain exp from the level 10 monsters. That is why the cap is 13 and not 10. I feel like it is fine how it is. You have a good feel for the game at 13, and if you like it then $2 isn't much money. If they were to uncap and allow players to go above 13, then they would either have to make new maps for people who haven't given them any money, or make one of the $2 packs free. I don't see either happening.

flaimdude
05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
1. The enchantress may have the highest DPS, but they are made of glass. They hit hard, but rely on mana potions. Which can get pretty expensive especially at lower levels when money is harder to come by. The mages DPS is also determined mostly by their gear. While the Archers DPS is part gear and part Dexterity. While the Warrior is meant to be a tank therefore their DPS will be lower. They have great armor which helps their low damage.

2. The Devs have said that guild *will* be coming in an update later than 1.2. We just don't know which or when.

10. There is no level cap for free players per say. The monsters in the free levels are level 10. Once you reach level 13 you no longer gain exp from the level 10 monsters. That is why the cap is 13 and not 10. I feel like it is fine how it is. You have a good feel for the game at 13, and if you like it then $2 isn't much money. If they were to uncap and allow players to go above 13, then they would either have to make new maps for people who haven't given them any money, or make one of the $2 packs free. I don't see either happening.
1. But still even in the free levels I could pot spam. *shrug* It also could be that I since I'm used to mages (other games, etc.) it's just easier for me. I've seen other mages with horrible kill:death ratios, haha.

2. Sweet! :D

10. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I did not know that, that makes a lot of sense. :) Nix #10 then. ;)