PDA

View Full Version : 50 Hours and no Amra-zu is not Ultra Rare, its NEVER

Frohnatur
01-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Seriously. I think StS should either:

- make luck based Achievments rewarded only with a banner or such, but no points.

- remodel the luck-system, whereas there is certain hit-chance granted in a certain reasonable amount of time

My reasoning:

It is simply not fair if luck based achievments determine your achievment points and therefore the leaderbords.
Right now the leaderboards are equal to a high score list in a video slot machine.

It is no achievment to be lucky.

Sheener
01-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Its not nearly the amount of time you would have to spend to get the 10k flags ap

GoodSyntax
01-20-2014, 10:17 PM
I agree, these luck based APs are kind of silly. I haven't found they Elusive 4 (they are too elusive IMHO) and still haven't found Challenger in Arena. I've tried, but no luck

Ebezaanec
01-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Still no luck Froh?

I've been hunting Amra Zu for Eski since last week.. nothing :(

Derezzzed
01-21-2014, 12:12 AM
The other 3 are realtivly easy to find but Amra-Zhu NEVER spawns I can't even count how many hours I've spent looking for him, I could get elite bael II to spawn 20times before I could amra-zhu, I don't hate luck based APs but I wish they weren't around

Otahaanak
01-21-2014, 12:13 AM
Took me three weeks to finally find Argax, couple hours per day running the same Nordr maps over and over. Finally found him in Oltgar.

6 months total to get all four I think.

Alfai
01-21-2014, 12:20 AM
I agree, these luck based APs are kind of silly. I haven't found they Elusive 4 (they are too elusive IMHO) and still haven't found Challenger in Arena. I've tried, but no luck

1month searching for challenger.at the end I got an invite and nwver able to find him tho I ran arena almost everyday.
The elusive 4 hmm thts even meh.2months at least till I stop searching everyday coz it tensed me up.

Anarchist
01-21-2014, 12:39 AM
it took my friends nearly 250 hours so you still have a long way to go c:

Frohnatur
01-21-2014, 02:14 AM

Still no luck Froh?

I've been hunting Amra Zu for Eski since last week.. nothing :(

The other 3 are realtivly easy to find but Amra-Zhu NEVER spawns I can't even count how many hours I've spent looking for him, I could get elite bael II to spawn 20times before I could amra-zhu, I don't hate luck based APs but I wish they weren't around

Took me three weeks to finally find Argax, couple hours per day running the same Nordr maps over and over. Finally found him in Oltgar.

6 months total to get all four I think.

it took my friends nearly 250 hours so you still have a long way to go c:

Yes, I got the achievment, but I didn't found him, a guildie did, after 5 minutes entering the maps. Half of my guild helped, but didn't find him either, for 4 days consecutive... Mind you, me 50 hours looking for him, another 50 hours added by guildies, and he gets him after 5 minutes. This is outrageous. Stupid. No achievment at all. What did I achieve?? Prove to be adamant? Prove that I have a fantastic guild?

I do, but it shouldnt show in my achievments, rather than in my guildies!

STS should seriously think about removing those achievments, and i dont mind having it already

seriously.

Alfai
01-21-2014, 03:22 AM
Yes, I got the achievment, but I didn't found him, a guildie did, after 5 minutes entering the maps. Half of my guild helped, but didn't find him either, for 4 days consecutive... Mind you, me 50 hours looking for him, another 50 hours added by guildies, and he gets him after 5 minutes. This is outrageous. Stupid. No achievment at all. What did I achieve?? Prove to be adamant? Prove that I have a fantastic guild?

STS seriously think about those hare brained achievments. :(

hare brained. seriously.

From dev perspective I do ustand making random spawn ap tied the players into the game for a period of time.
Fair enough all games and its content doing this objectively.

Howevet I rather feel the pace and development of al players are underestimated.most players adapted fast.seek to complete their mission faster than ever.creativr and innovative to explore ways to complete it.hence we desire more exciting aps rather it being challenging and complex.players aren't dumb when it come to keeping up with gaming contents.having random spawn like this defeat its purpose of being dynamic and keeping up with players demand.just my 2cents.

thepitcher
01-21-2014, 04:17 AM
Yes i also have problems finding amra-zu and the challenger.. the rest was easy but these 2 make my head spinning!

Daniel Banuelos
01-21-2014, 04:26 AM
I already seen skratch took me a month and came without expecting lol

Daniel Banuelos
01-21-2014, 04:32 AM

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-21-2014, 05:09 AM
yes i agree amrazu and challlenger are very difficult to find. i found challanger unintentionally when trying to get golden puzzles and i got invited to amrazu when i started to become interested in aps 2 months ago. im not sure but for me me when i do things without a intended purpose i find things lol (example: was helping a level 24 through mount spyr and found bael or hunting for shards and finding ripper or looking for krunch and finding agrex)

bhutkeyur
01-21-2014, 05:29 AM
It took two week on two toon for E4 ap. Krunch took me 4 days of farming. Beal every 2 hours. Well thats the game way it is.

chitgoks
01-21-2014, 06:40 AM
i was able to get amrazu by:
not hunting for it for hours
not expecting it

when i do a daily quest like silk stalker i always go to last map to also try and get amrazu

or after every other map i drop by amrazu maps but no expectation hed be there

Anarchist
01-21-2014, 07:02 AM

STS seriously think about those hare brained achievments. :(

hare brained. seriously.

Oh i forgot to say they were five and they searched for him nearly 250hours each

garou498
01-21-2014, 08:18 AM

- make luck based Achievments rewarded only with a banner or such, but no points.

- remodel the luck-system, whereas there is certain hit-chance granted in a certain reasonable amount of time

My reasoning:

It is simply not fair if luck based achievments determine your achievment points and therefore the leaderbords.
Right now the leaderboards are equal to a high score list in a video slot machine.

yeah you're right thats not always a good system :(

basketholic209
01-21-2014, 02:06 PM
And if I recall correctly, STG had made an update in the past to increase our chances to meet E4 bosses, in exchange of lower chance to get dropped items from them. Wonder how more difficult it was before the update. I'm super desperate to find Amra-zu.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Amythys
01-21-2014, 02:33 PM
I have searched for amra-zu every day since the elusive 4 was launched. Not once have I met him. I don't log the hours I spend, so I have no idea. Certainly one of the most frustrating achievements in the game.

Desperoto
01-21-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm sure u didnt searched 50 hours o.o

Pandamoni
01-21-2014, 04:08 PM
I wish I knew which ones I still need so I'd know which maps to even search in! I mean, seriously, if something is going to take months to achieve, don't you think that we should have a way to check a reminder of what we still need?!

Instanthumor
01-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Oh i forgot to say they were five and they searched for him nearly 250hours each

So what's your point? You have friends who play AL 24/7?
I believe the point is about getting rid of some of these luck-based AP's, not showing off your friend's hours spent on AL.

Artae
01-21-2014, 05:15 PM

A month? Haha when i was doing WT4 runs, he'd appear quite frequently. Like once or twice every 5-10 runs.

Artae
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM

Really? If you win the lottery, you wouldn't feel achieved?

Instanthumor
01-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Really? If you win the lottery, you wouldn't feel achieved?

Why would you feel achieved? I believe that's that wrong word choice... If I won a lottery, I would be very happy :)

Samdegreat
01-21-2014, 05:31 PM
The point of top player leaderboards is to show those that have worked hard, the whole point of an achievement is something that dosnt happen everyday and so,etching you have dedicated time to...

E.g. Getting a promotion that is an achievement, and may take years but wouldn't you fell 'happy' !!!

Freunameki
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
I gave up on amra zu its really hopeless to me :( plez do something abt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pandamoni
01-21-2014, 05:39 PM
The point of top player leaderboards is to show those that have worked hard, the whole point of an achievement is something that dosnt happen everyday and so,etching you have dedicated time to...

E.g. Getting a promotion that is an achievement, and may take years but wouldn't you fell 'happy' !!!

If you compare it to a promotion, though, then you would have to see the elusive four appear after a finite amount of runs. For instance, "run at least 10 hours in ____ maps and _____ (whichever elusive boss) will appear!". When it's a random, luck based event, it means nothing because it is NOT about skill, you haven't had to put forth much effort to achieve anything if you get it right away and you end up spending WAY too much time if, for some reason, the system decides to not make it spawn for you even after you have spent over 250 hours in those particular maps.

Artae
01-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Why would you feel achieved? I believe that's that wrong word choice... If I won a lottery, I would be very happy :)

Welll, you would have achieved something, as well as achieved satisfaction in winning. That's basically what an achievement is. To the OP, the fact that amra-zu doesnt appear for you doesnt mean that its a fact that you will never get it. If all of the achievements were easy, the top players leaderboard would look the same as the pve kills. It's not impossible. Just know that when you decide to give up, amra-zu will be on the next run.

http://www.davidmcelroy.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Three-feet-from-gold.jpg

Anarchist
01-21-2014, 05:51 PM
So what's your point? You have friends who play AL 24/7?
I believe the point is about getting rid of some of these luck-based AP's, not showing off your friend's hours spent on AL.
-_-'

I was just stating some friends i knew that went through Fro's stress and no they didn't play 24/7 that's is the total amount of time they spent searching.

Personally i like these types of APs based on pure luck and i don't think they should be removed. c:

Anarchist
01-21-2014, 05:56 PM
I know there are many lazy players that think farming for 5 hours is "grinding haarrrrd"

if you don't like the quest if you think it's too stressful , if you don't have enough time then don't bother yourself for thr AP's leave your toon the way it is, stop crying and stay fresh.
Simple.

Samdegreat
01-21-2014, 05:59 PM
And yes it is luck I found myn in 50mins after my friend told me to help him after he searched 3hours... (He went offline 10mins before I found lol, he still needs it)

Artae
01-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Personally i like these types of APs based on pure luck and i don't think they should be removed. c:

if you don't like the quest if you think it's too stressful , if you don't have enough time then don't bother yourself for thr AP's leave your toon the way it is, stop crying and stay fresh.
Simple.

This

Aneneanet
01-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Hmm I didn't have a problem finding Amra-zu, was helping someone lvl and got him to spawn.

I still don't have the achieve because I'm missing one and for the life of me can't figure out which one. I know I've killed them all, I thought they were all on my main, but guessing I was on an alt cause like I said, no achieve yet.

I only wish they had a way you could check which ones you've gotten cause going back and finding them all again hasn't been that much fun. At least the guildies like it cause I"m running zones looking for an elite random boss and they get to come along for xp. :D At least one of us is getting something out of many runs in zones I don't care to be in lol.

Serancha
01-21-2014, 08:11 PM
I know there are many lazy players that think farming for 5 hours is "grinding haarrrrd"

Omg this made me laugh, and is exactly what these ap's are about. They separate the people who are willing to persist, from those who don't bother. They also are an ongoing challenge to keep people occupied between events and level caps. I would far rather be out hunting elusives and spending time with my guild, than running back and forth through a ctf arena 10,000 times like a mouse being trained to find cheese. At least there is diversity here.

Everyone has trouble with different elusives. For many in my guild, it's Ripper that's the problem.

Pandamoni
01-22-2014, 12:56 AM

Simple.

Meh.

I wouldn't care if there was a way for me to tell which ones I've already gotten but if you run for hours searching for something for an AP you need but aren't even sure which you need, it's pretty damned boring. I don't grind--this game is like retirement to me, nice and relaxing. As a result, i dont whine or cry. But youre being illogical if you think something that is purely luck based really shows any kind of achievement.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Meh.

I wouldn't care if there was a way for me to tell which ones I've already gotten but if you run for hours searching for something for an AP you need but aren't even sure which you need, it's pretty damned boring. I don't grind--this game is like retirement to me, nice and relaxing. As a result, i dont whine or cry. But youre being illogical if you think something that is purely luck based really shows any kind of achievement.

Meh.

I agree the quest should state the boss you have already done,

BUT
If you are saying it is illogic that there is a luck quest for APs...
My answer is:
No! It's not illogic that they are different types of quest for AP's which include this.

"The world is beautiful cause it is different"

Darkrai
01-22-2014, 06:41 AM
When the ap started was amazru easy too find i found him after 2 runs but now it is very hard

ladymage
01-22-2014, 12:23 PM
I want to know which one I missed too.

Xstealthxx
01-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Lol i did it in 2 weeks, 2 weeks x 6-8 hours per day... Its by chance bud..

Rubana
01-22-2014, 01:40 PM
This achievement is a chance for all players who dont have super gear and waste idk how much money for the game.

Frohnatur
01-23-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm sure u didnt searched 50 hours o.o

Yes I did. And thats only for Amra-Zu. You can easily add the same amount for the other three.

Simple.

This is a pretty arrogant comment. You stated that you dint have to look for him that hard, but your friends did. So dont you tellin me anything about grinding. I looked not 5 but 50 hours for just one fourth of a small achievment with merely 150 aps. I'm playing this game for more than a year, and I grinded my way through four level caps with three different chars. Thats over 300,000 exp-points. Without elixier. Dont patronize me about not knowing what is means to grind.

This achievement is a chance for all players who dont have super gear and waste idk how much money for the game.
This is self deception.
All the rich players have the same chance. So there's eventually no difference.

I think people misjudge what an achievment is: It is something that one has earned. By doing something special.

This achievment is not about doing something. This achievment is merely happening to you. Some people get it after 5 minutes of looking, some people after 250 hours, just people unintended, some people never. They all (but the last one) get rewarded the same prize. Some for not doing anything special in particular, the other for having grinded their a**es off.

So the leaderboards do not reflect who worked the hardest, but had the most luck. This is not what a leaderboard should say. This is just like a highscore in a video slot machine.

Oh, and for all of you who say that you only have to work hard and then you'll get the achievment: NO. Its absolutely possible that there will be players who will never ever get this achievment, however long they search. Because never is a part of the possibilites, an thats what I am criticizing: There should be a enhancer in the mechanism, so that peoples chances rise the longer they look.

That would be just fair.

Instanthumor
01-23-2014, 12:22 AM

Simple.

This is a pretty arrogant comment. You stated that you dint have to look for him that hard, but your friends did. So dont you tellin me anything about grinding. I looked not 5 but 50 hours for just one fourth of a small achievment with merely 150 aps. I'm playing this game for more than a year, and I grinded my way through four level caps with three different chars. Thats over 300,000 exp-points. Without elixier. Dont patronize me about not knowing what is means to grind.

This ^ lol

Pandamoni
01-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Yes I did. And thats only for Amra-Zu. You can easily add the same amount for the other three.

This is self deception.

I think people misjudge what an achievment is: It is something that one has earned. By doing something special.

This achievment is not about doing something. This achievment is merely happening to you. Some people get it after 5 minutes of looking, some people after 250 hours, just people unintended, some people never. They all (but the last one) get rewarded the same prize. Some for not doing anything special in particular, the other for having grinded their a**es off.

So the leaderboards do not reflect who worked the hardest, but had the most luck. This is not what a leaderboard should say. This is just like a highscore in a video slot machine.

Oh, and for all of you who say that you only have to work hard and then you'll get the achievment: NO. Its absolutely possible that there will be players who will never ever get this achievment, however long they search. Because never is a part of the possibilites, an thats what I am criticizing: There should be a enhancer in the mechanism, so that peoples chances rise the longer they look.

That would be just fair.

The problem here is you understand what the word achievement means. Apparently many people don't.

Eski
01-23-2014, 01:18 AM

This is self deception.

That would be just fair.

100% Agree,that has nothing to do with an achievment!

Anarchist
01-23-2014, 03:09 AM

Calm down.

If you don't like the acheivement the way it is, the acheivement hundreds of players have finished before you without whinning like you are doing forfeit the Lb and chill.

Anarchist
01-23-2014, 03:19 AM
Its just like when someone comes on forum crying cause he spent over 1k to opens lockeds and loots no myth/arc.

it is your choice, nobody is forcing you to get the amra zu Aps if you think its too stressful leave it alone.
Leaderboard is what it is.
It requires skill and luck.
If you don't like it that way then don't do it.
I can't explain it to you more simplier than this.

As for you accusing me of arrogance. thats not arrogance thats me telling you the crude truth in your face.

Because you come here to complain won't change a thing, 5 buddies of mine spent nearly 250hours for just Amra 'zu and i don't see them here complaining.

Alcrexx
01-23-2014, 03:43 AM
At first,I consider forgetting Amra-zu when I still haven't got The Elusive 4 yet. That's a quite embarassing AP at first when I already got all except Amra-zu.

Too bad, that's all about luck on getting the Jackpot win.
After I completely forget that AP, I'm surprised that Amra-zu came out..I consider myself lucky tho..
But why if I think about something like Amra-zu farm,it's never gonna happen..
But when I completely forget that silly AP,finally I got one!

So yes,I agreed that finding these 4 is nearly as same as finding 1 mythic in 1 Locked Crate. Especially the Amra-zu.

Anarchist
01-23-2014, 04:01 AM

Can you define "Special"?

What i understood from that sentence is that killing 100 mobs is special.
That 10 ctf kill is special
That killing the first boss on the first map (i can't recall its name now) is something special.
Why do i say so?

Because they are part of your workup to the leaderboards.

Don't you think they are too simple to be defined as special?

This is the correct defination of acheivement in AL:
It is something that one has earned. You have to reach as much goals as possible some are hard some are simple some are based on luckand the person/people that reach most goals get most acheivement.

Serancha
01-23-2014, 10:30 AM

How does gear and money make a difference as to whether the boss shows up or not? These bosses are on normal maps from previous expansions, they don't take high end gear to run. And I am pretty sure they can not be bribed....

Frohnatur
01-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Can you define "Special"?

This is the correct defination of acheivement in AL:
It is something that one has earned. You have to reach as much goals as possible some are hard some are simple some are based on luckand the person/people that reach most goals get most acheivement.

Are you realizing that you mix up achievments with players? Yes, there hard goals and simple goals. But they should be same hard or simple for all people, not just for those with resp. without luck.

Do you understand the concept of fairness?

No, you dont. You dont even get the point here: I'm not whining, I'm questioning the nature of this achievment as an achievment itself.
I'm questioning wether the leaderboards are a fair and just reflection of the skills of the players.

And as you keep citing that your buddies had a hard time, I do surmise you didn't. So please, step out of this discussion, since your contribution does not spring out of experience; rather you voice a repetition of banal platitudes that we all can tell ourselfs, if need be.

The reason for this thread is, to let sts know, that there are a lot of people very unhappy with these achievments and we want sts to remove them and return the leaderboards to real achievments, like the arena ones: those are challenges!

Thanks.

Anarchist
01-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Are you realizing that you mix up achievments with players?
Who does the achievements? Monkeys?Or are you not a player?

Yes, there hard goals and simple goals. But they should be same hard or simple for all people, not just for those with resp. without luck.

Jesus christ why can't you accept that LUCK is a fondamental part of this game! That is the it is and there is nothing you can do about it.

Do you understand the concept of fairness?

No, you dont. You dont even get the point here: I'm not whining, I'm questioning the nature of this achievment as an achievment itself.
I'm questioning wether the leaderboards are a fair and just reflection of the skills of the players.

Leaderboard is a perfect reflection of the game (except for the pvp part).
Reflection of the capacibilities of a player it shows not only skill and how much time you invest but also your LUCK accept it and go in peace. The base of AL is a random calculated output called luck: Your Loot is determined by luck, Lockeds are determined by luck, Upgrading myth quest is determined by luck and few Aps are based on luck.

And as you keep citing that your buddies had a hard time, I do surmise you didn't. So please, step out of this discussion, since your contribution does not spring out of experience; rather you voice a repetition of banal platitudes that we all can tell ourselfs, if need be.

No i didn't have a hard, know why?
After farming for some hours and seeing i wasn't lucky i bought it c:

Anyway what you call banal platitudes i call it truth if this Aps is too difficult for you just don't do it forfeit the Lb and chill.

Answers in bold letters

Anarchist
01-24-2014, 01:25 AM
The reason for this thread is, to let sts know, that there are a lot of people very unhappy with these achievments and we want sts to remove them and return the leaderboards to real achievments, like the arena ones: those are challenges!
Ok Fro goodLUCK at changing what has been the same for months cause you aren't lucky enough to get it.

Thanks.

You are welcome.

Answers in bold letters.

Cocainist
01-24-2014, 01:55 AM
It's a conspiracy, Amra-Zu doesn't even exist.

Frohnatur
01-24-2014, 11:23 PM
bah, tired of hammering logic into knucklehead

kona
04-01-2015, 08:48 AM

My reasoning:

they should hear this

Dragoonclaws
04-01-2015, 09:19 AM
they should hear this

Why bringing an old discussion? Just create a new thread .-.

I noticed that the Ellusive Elite Bosses have some moments during the months to appear. I once encountered Skratch 5 times in the same day. Those Ellusives were not meant to be found at any moments. If it was simple achievement where you'll always find him, the ellusive bosses will be like all final bosses... Achieved.

kona
04-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Why bringing an old discussion? Just create a new thread .-.

I noticed that the Ellusive Elite Bosses have some moments during the months to appear. I once encountered Skratch 5 times in the same day. Those Ellusives were not meant to be found at any moments. If it was simple achievement where you'll always find him, the ellusive bosses will be like all final bosses... Achieved.

i dont like this :/ searching amra zu since a month, he never shows up.