PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Spacetime, where's the content ?

Distinct
05-04-2010, 06:52 PM
First, I'd like to make it absolutely clear that I enjoy this game extremely much, and that I have nothing but respect for the developers.

However..

You do have some "hardcore" players among your customers, and what in god's name are they supposed to do ?

For almost a week now, I've had three level 30s with the best gear possible, with perfect specs, and more than enough pots, money and loot.
There is literally nothing more for me to do in this game. What so ever.

I understand that you're still fine tuning this game, and you're making radical changes and probably working way more than alot of developers out there.
That is pretty much a given, concidering how frequent you update this game, how much you listen to customer feedback and take the time to respond to us on these forums (and others too).

Yet I still feel as if I've won the game, and this is something that you should never, under any circumstances, feel while playing a MMORPG.

Version 1.1 introduced a ton of great features that made this game better and the upcoming PVP system looks great.
But where in gods name is the content ? I'm constantly checking this game for The Ancient Swamps, but I'm guessing I'll have three level 35s and the best loot possible way before the next dungeon gets here, which again leaves me with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO INGAME.

We need way more loot, the level cap should be increased by an extreme ammount, and the dungeons should be bigger and feature more levels, more bosses and more variety.
I remember reading before the release of this game that it had "thousands" of different items of loot.
Let's make an example here.
An Axe, let's call it the Spacetime Axe requires level 1, and has 1 strength.
The exact same Axe, with the exact same name and skin, that requires level 2 and has 2 strength, is NOT A NEW PIECE OF LOOT.
I'm guessing, that if you did not use such a easy method to manipulate the loot numbers, the actual number of different pieces of loot would be what ? 100 ? 150 ?

One dungeon, which takes almost two weeks to get out, should not increase the level cap by FIVE, nor have so little loot.

First of all, who in GODS NAME cannot level up five levels in a two week period ?
Secondly, with only ONE dungeon with level 35 loot, and that loot table I'm assuming is as small as the other dungeons, in a week or so every level 35 will be running around in the same gear waiting for the next dungeon.

Again, this is not ok.

Forst Haven Level 1-10.
Dark Forest Level 10-20.
Balefort Castle Level 20-30.
Fathom Crypts Level 30-40.
The Lost Expedition Level 40-50.
The Ancient Swamps Level 50-60.
And so forth.

Add a few more dungeons to Dark Forest, Balefort Castle, Fathom Crypts and The Lost Expedition and alter the loot tables ofcourse (The Lost Expedition drops items level 40-50, while Dark Forest is level 10-20 items).

That's what I can think of to make this game have more content without pumping out another 5 or so dungeons (which would probably take a few months).

I enjoy this game, or else I would not play it as much as I did, The game is great, plays great, and does not feel unfinished. But this game is seriously lacking in content, and I mean SERIOUSLY.

I've spent a fair share of money on this game, and I do not regret it one bit, I've enjoyed playing, but as I said, there is nothing left for me to do, and in a weeks times, I'll be just as stuck as I am now.

Lastly, I'd like to make it clear that I'm far from your average "hardcore" gamer that plays 18 hours per day. I work fulltime, I have a fiance, and a newborn.
I play on the way to work, on my way back from work, while in the bathroom, and an hour before I go to sleep. That's not much, that's infact pretty casual. Although I am effective while playing.
Which makes it even harder to think that I'm as stuck as I am.

Please Spacetime, do something about this.

FeralDruid
05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
You do have some "hardcore" players among your customers, and what in god's name are they supposed to do ?

Take a deep breath for starters...

You blazed through the content on a game with "Pocket" in the name. Of course this game is going to be diminutive by design compared to full on games like WoW.

We're paying 99 cents a dungeon...

Long story short, you get what you pay for.

Xanthia
05-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I agree with Distinct, I am a hard core player and I have been hardcore offline recently. I only play one character because I don't want to play anything other than a healer, but please, grace us with content and lots of gear and more skills, I mean I know all of this takes time, but you have players who are willing to pay and who are willing to help in the design, just look at some of the posts we make here on the forums.

TheBaconKing
05-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I think once they get loot tables, drop rates, and general balancing down, new maps will come out faster. This game is still a baby. Give it time.

But I do agree I downloaded this game last Thursday, and hit 30 this morning. I even took two other characters to level 10 before I decided to stick it out with the warrior.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 07:28 PM
PvP is going to be the solution to this problem I believe. It is entirely player-generated and is a new experience every time.

King Richie
05-04-2010, 07:29 PM
i still agree with distinct

Obliteration
05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
It took me a matter of hours to get to 30.
I created my character one evening and the next day hit 30.
I only enjoy the Archer class... And I was totally under the impression that Ancient Swamps
would release last week. However it didn't.
Been waiting. And I agree with 10 levels a dungeon...
I made a suggestion about it also.
Maybe do this

Forest haven 1-10
Dark Forest 10-15
Balefort Castle 15-20
Fathom Crypts 20-25
Lost Expedition 25-30
Ancient Swamps 30-35

Elite

Forest Haven Elite 35-40
Dark Forest Elite 40-45
Balefort Castle Elite 45-50
Fathom Crypts Elite 50-55
Lost Expedition Elite 55-60
Ancient Swamps Elite 60-65

Or along those lines.

setec
05-04-2010, 08:07 PM
If you want content, content, content, play WoW on your computer. This is a portable game. And it's only been out a month. In that month they have added new maps for free and released a map pack, not to mention content updates each week and sometimes twice in a day. They are building their player base. This is a pickup-and-go type of game. I don't think the primary audience is the hardcore player. It's the casual player. Yes, this game is addicting, but you can put it down easily. If we were paying monthly fees for PL, then yes, I would expect a ton of content.

I have 3 level 30 characters on the Alterra Realm. I got bored as well. So, I started an enchantress (my favorite to play) on the Fnord Server. In 24 hours I got to level 23. This is in between work, family (I have a 3 yr old) and sleep. I plan on getting that one to lvl 30 as well because I figured what if one day the Alterra Realm is down. It would be good for me to have a backup on the Fnord Server to feed my addiction. I actually like that if you put the time into it that you can level fairly quickly. Not the daunting task in WoW unless you ignore all life around you.

Frankly, for such a new game that's only been out a month, they have done a tremendous job. Unless they suddenly switch to charging us monthly (which they won't), then be patient. You do get what you pay for, however, I don't mean that to sound like PL is sub par. It's quality for what you can get on a phone. I've said this on other threads, but I quit WoW after playing PL. I get to still max out my characters, have fun and I have more free time. Spacetime needs money to operate, so I don't see a problem with their business model here.

Beermon
05-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Jeez you guys play a lot, it took me over 2 weeks to get one char to 30. That was playing 30mins to an hour almost daily.

Dilarus
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
mixed emothions, i agree fully that it cant compare to other mmorpgs in scale but i am kicking my heels a bit, but i still wholly prefer this to say final fantasy ffxi as im not standing around for 45 mins waiting to get a party so i can start playing, i suppose if you cut out all the waiting most mmorpgs would be like pocket legends lol

so take the good with the bad, its pocket sized but packs a punch

setec
05-04-2010, 08:24 PM
...its pocket sized but packs a punch

Put that on a PL tee-shirt!!

Beermon
05-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Note to devs " the t-shirt idea is picking up stream" lets get this ball rolling!

Splurd
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
so take the good with the bad, its pocket sized but packs a punch

Now you can tell girls that you got a legend in your pants with it having to be a lie!

course, mine was never a lie in the first place.:cool:

Justg
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
30 days. 20 content updates, 1 client update and 1 campaign released, another coming out this week... You are right we should get busy!

Seriously, we know we need something for folks to do in between the updates. We have been playing pvp for the last 2 days, it is amazing and will definitely give a whole new dimension to this game. Guilds, housing, pets, etc are going to help with the rest.

Be patient, stick around and help us shape this into the worlds best game, no matter what the platform(s).

Hurs
05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
SHABOOM. Justg for the win.

Splurd
05-04-2010, 09:57 PM
30 days. 20 content updates, 1 client update and 1 campaign released, another coming out this week... You are right we should get busy!

Seriously, we know we need something for folks to do in between the updates. We have been playing pvp for the last 2 days, it is amazing and will definitely give a whole new dimension to this game. Guilds, housing, pets, etc are going to help with the rest.

Be patient, stick around and help us shape this into the worlds best game, no matter what the platform(s).

Now we know why there is a lack of updates. *whistles innocently* ~♫

setec
05-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Splurd, you clearly missed the hidden message. At the end, Justg says "no matter what the platform(s)." This can only mean one thing and one thing only - Pocket Legends the board game. :)

Dilarus
05-04-2010, 10:10 PM
This can only mean one thing and one thing only - Pocket Legends the board game. :)
WOOT! i rolled a three! my ice storm connects, now to chain it (rolls dice)

pvp i dont care about but new campaign :3

ill be saving up for the boardgame

doot
05-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Again, this is not ok.

LOL!!!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/evanm10/dawson_crying.gif

Flamin
05-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I agree with Distinct. There should also be leaderboards.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Does Distinct just have his own little following going on here? ><;

TheBaconKing
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Does Distinct just have his own little following going on here? ><;

I think so.

The picky peoples parade

Hurs
05-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I smell a new guild forming!

>_>

BestHyun
05-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Leaderboards and Pvp will make us more attached to the game =)

Endless
05-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Man. You guys could win the lottery and cry that the next guy won more than you. Give the devs time to make sure the content is fair and balanced. They are listening to the forums and updating the game like madmen. Try some real life activities. Water skiing is fun.

Azrael
05-05-2010, 01:00 AM

To Justg and the Devs of Spacetime:

You guys are doing an amazing job, and the amount of content that has been added has been stellar. We hardcore players are loving this game so much, that it seems that the community may sometimes forget that you guys aren't a massive development studio like Blizzard, and that this game that you have created for us is, in fact, for a phone. Pocket legends is a giant leap forward into the realm of what is possible in mobile gaming.

To the Players:
The devs are active on these forums and are obviously reading the comments made by the players. Quite frankly i have a list of at least 5 issues that i have with the game right now that i would like to see addressed, but I purposely hold off on posting everything that i have experienced or would like to see changed. I can't think of one game developer for the iphone that has been so active in sharing their ideas with the community, that has made more promises to the player base instead of leaving the community in the dark, and has put out more content in a single month than Spacetime studios. There is a lot of work to be done, many additions to the game plan, and the Spacetime team has made us aware of those plans. For whatever reason this game was released as an unfinished product, and in many respects WE are the beta testers. I for one am happy to be a part of the game that is being created.

The addition of the PvP system is a huge step to take. I hope that Spacetime takes the time they need to refine it in order to make sure it is balanced, well tested and solid addition before the players are able to test it out for ourselves (and we all know the players will find flaws, because thats what players do).

So to the players, be patient and be thankful that this game is as good as it is, that it has sucked you in and turned you hardcore.

Distinct
05-05-2010, 05:43 AM

As I said in my initial post, I know and understand how busy you have been, so "You are right we should get busy!" is a pretty out of place thing to say.
Either way, I'm smart enough to know that I don't want to argue with a developer/admin.

Try to see the frustration from my point of view.
I enjoy your game a little too much, which again has been said in my initial post, and I've not played it for nearly a week now, because I'm "finished".

I don't care if you start charging more for dungeons, start a monthly fee, or whatever to make ends meet. I can ofcourse not speak for all of us, but I would not mind shelling out a few bucks every month to be able to play this game whenever, wherever.

Oh, and my "followers" ?
They're not my followers, they most likely thought I had a few good points in my initial post and agreed with me.

But hey, let's choose the highly improbable and ridiculous option instead!
Yea, they're my followers.

Beermon
05-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Im with Azrael on this give the devs a break they are working there butts off already. This game takes a massive step forward every week thats something you will not find anywhere else. Also Im not picking on the OP tjere are several threads just like this one. Just let them do there thing, I would rather have a good map then a rushed map any day of the week.

Banned
05-05-2010, 06:56 AM

Like I said before. You guys should be taking a break. The v1.1 update is enough for me atleast.

Jovians
05-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes the game needs mote content but guys plz bare with the dev. They are doing what they can. Don't take it the wroung way but I view this game like playing a beta. We are all working and testing out their product and giving them tons of feedback and ideas and the devs our doing their best to keep up with us and roll with the punchs. Fixing and adding things as they go along. Trust me. When we get most of the dev and balencing down all will be better and we can see this game for what the dev and us dreamed it to be. Let them do their job and they let us do ours. U don't see them comming on the forums and telling us our ideas are crap. Let's not hasstle them on how quickly they push it out. We scratch their back they scratch ours. :)

darrensmith016
05-05-2010, 08:26 AM
It took me a matter of hours to get to 30.
I created my character one evening and the next day hit 30.
I only enjoy the Archer class... And I was totally under the impression that Ancient Swamps
would release last week. However it didn't.
Been waiting. And I agree with 10 levels a dungeon...
I made a suggestion about it also.
Maybe do this

Forest haven 1-10
Dark Forest 10-15
Balefort Castle 15-20
Fathom Crypts 20-25
Lost Expedition 25-30
Ancient Swamps 30-35

Elite

Forest Haven Elite 35-40
Dark Forest Elite 40-45
Balefort Castle Elite 45-50
Fathom Crypts Elite 50-55
Lost Expedition Elite 55-60
Ancient Swamps Elite 60-65

Or along those lines.

this is a good idea, and possible quick to inpemt

Ajeje
05-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi,
this morning i decided to write a post spending some of my time because i love this game and i'd like to give my contribute.

I totally agree with the fact that after a few weeks i have 4, 30 level char, the strongest with 25.000 kills, evertything too simple:
purple level 30 items found in dark forest (i have 6 pink items per weapon/staff/armor, it sound strange that a level 30 do darkforest by himself (The king forest dungeon) and find all pink 30 level items, items that are better (stats) than lost expedition items, i have so many pink items to equip the server.

Today the only thing that pushes me to play is the number of kills (but at the end it is only a number written in the profile of the player), but with no ranking, no items per kill, no additional skills per kill, no special rewards per kill, soon i'll be tired to kill for nothing.

In my opinion what is realy important in this kind of games (i played a lot Dark age of camelot and WOW) is guild, guild's ranking, single player ranking, and special items/skills when you reach a certain number of kills (PVP kills? PVE kills? it does not matter)...

This is true, it is a pocket game, but i could say that a pocket game can be played more than a pc game....a pocket game can be played on the beach under the sun or in the bedroom or elsewhere....

Now will be out the 30-35 dungeon, let me say that in 2/3 days i'll be 35, then i'll do the new dungeon for other 100 times (other 3 days) and then?

Some personal suggestion to make this game deeper:

1) PVP with special rewards (ITEMS, SKILL Point to spend in special skills), only PVP with nothing else is like a new dungeon, after some days you are bored (with the same items equipped and same skills the difference between players is minimal)

2) Ranking (Guild and single player ranking based on PVE Kills or PVP kills)

3) real special items and drop very very rare (of course with the possibility to trade with golds to another player, but this is planned)

4) Longer and Deeper dungeons (they will cost 20 euros? i'll buy...at the end in the world you can buy the small FIAT 500 but you can also buy a Ferrari, let people choise)

Sorry for my english,

Thank you

Ajeje