PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - separate bosses and mobs in expansion maps

X29798
01-22-2014, 08:10 AM
It is difficult to fight bosses when people that are farming XP keep teleporting. Not everyone speaks the same language and can understand that you want to fight the boss.

People get stuck on a level and can't progress with a decent party which is not fair for those that can clear the map, but not solo bosses. This will help people do quests and play the game with everyone else.

One possible idea

Have the maps for XP farming have no bosses and purely for XP and create an arena like place for all the new bosses.

For elite put mobs and bosses together.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Are you serious? xD

Back on topic:

There are already maps with only bosses there are called Arenas c:.
Personally i don't think it is a issue doing bosses with a random party and i like the maps the way they are.

X29798
01-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Are you serious? xD

Back on topic:

There are already maps with only bosses there are called Arenas c:.
Personally i don't think it is a issue doing bosses with a random party and i like the maps the way they are.

Arenas are not quests. Its just random boss fights.

This is for questing in expansions and sorts out players with different motives. Having the boss there is pointless if no one fights it 90% of the time.

Madnex
01-23-2014, 01:04 AM
While this is a nice suggestion in theory, it's not worth the effort to counter a small issue like this. There are guilds for each and every language for the rare cases broken english can't suffice. :)

What we need are more people willing to help lower levels. I always spare some time when someone asks in public or in an exp run to help them progress. Not asking to be paid for it also goes without saying.

Milan Lame Man
01-23-2014, 06:15 AM
It is difficult to fight bosses when people that are farming XP keep teleporting. Not everyone speaks the same language and can understand that you want to fight the boss.

People get stuck on a level and can't progress with a decent party which is not fair for those that can clear the map, but not solo bosses. This will help people do quests and play the game with everyone else.

2 tips:
1. You can find people for boss fights when your level is "appropriate". I advanced 5 levels in WT (21 to 26) after Maneater and had serious trouble clearing the rest of Nordr.
2. Just ask "Boss?" Everyone should understand that. No response means "Obviously not.".

And obviously you should ask a guild for help if you are stuck at a boss after 10+ runs with random people.

X29798
01-26-2014, 06:58 AM
While this is a nice suggestion in theory, it's not worth the effort to counter a small issue like this. There are guilds for each and every language for the rare cases broken english can't suffice. :)

What we need are more people willing to help lower levels. I always spare some time when someone asks in public or in an exp run to help them progress. Not asking to be paid for it also goes without saying.

Joining a guild can work. The guild system is flawed. More options would be good.

Helping lower levels costs more potions and time. Unless there is a in game incentive the situation will be the same.

2 tips:
1. You can find people for boss fights when your level is "appropriate". I advanced 5 levels in WT (21 to 26) after Maneater and had serious trouble clearing the rest of Nordr.
2. Just ask "Boss?" Everyone should understand that. No response means "Obviously not.".

And obviously you should ask a guild for help if you are stuck at a boss after 10+ runs with random people.

Leveling up is what I do.

Not everyone knows English, I find that you have to teleport A LOT to find a group that can do it. Even then, they can exit before the boss is killed.

A game dependent on guilds is no good.

Milan Lame Man
01-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Leveling up is what I do.
The point is, you should NOT level up. There are certain levels, such as 21-24 for Nordr, or 29-31 for Shuyal.
When your level is higher, everyone else has the boss already killed, and will skip it.

And yes, I "killed" about 3/4 of bosses (...or more) with the help from a guild, mine or someone else's who wanted the boss too.

Serancha
01-27-2014, 04:54 AM
This is what tombs were originally designed for, isn't it? Leveling up until you can manage the next difficulty level of zones? I can understand the frustration though, wanting to unlock new areas and being deserted when you reach the hard part.

Madnex
01-27-2014, 06:26 AM
What sera said. This game was not built to be played solo; if you can't find a good group or guild to help that's not a game defect.

X29798
01-27-2014, 04:15 PM
The point is, you should NOT level up. There are certain levels, such as 21-24 for Nordr, or 29-31 for Shuyal.
When your level is higher, everyone else has the boss already killed, and will skip it.

And yes, I "killed" about 3/4 of bosses (...or more) with the help from a guild, mine or someone else's who wanted the boss too.

The bosses is designed to be easier at cap and harder at lower levels. There are times when you have to level up to get better players and gear.

This is what tombs were originally designed for, isn't it? Leveling up until you can manage the next difficulty level of zones? I can understand the frustration though, wanting to unlock new areas and being deserted when you reach the hard part.

Leveling at tombs can be done. I am hoping for more diversity to make the game more fun.

What sera said. This game was not built to be played solo; if you can't find a good group or guild to help that's not a game defect.

The game is built in a MOBILE setting where every MINUTE counts, therefore a FAST way for finding a good group with the same aim is an IMPORTANT part of the game.

Making the expansion EXPERIENCE diverse, accessible, simpler and enjoyable for all players is the POINT of making an EXPANSION . People want short bursts of fun not waste time finding groups.

Aneneanet
01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
I've never had an issue with this. For the most part have killed every boss with a random group. The only exceptions have been Kromm and Inan from Shuyal, at which point I did get people from my guild to help.

I have lvled multiple toons. If you do the zone at the intended lvls, the bosses are not that hard at all. I find bringing a capped player in say for Nordr makes the zones next to impossible to do, unless by chance your lvl 36 is highly geared or an amazing player. Its just too hard for them and me being lower lvl I can't do much but die.

This is what guilds are for and the friends list, add people who you've run with before and ask then to zones with you again if you are having a hard time finding guildies to help. Maybe a new guild if yours doesn't wanna help you when you need it. Not saying you have a bad guild, but maybe they aren't as active when you are, or whatever.

I like the way the game is. It requires working together with others when needed it. If they removed that, then this wouldn't be a very good game at all and it would defeat the purpose of the game.

Serancha
01-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Players shouldn't be needing help with normal level bosses in any case, unless it is right at the beginning of an expansion when everything is hard.

By the time we're a month in, there is new gear released, and players are figuring out strategy. With a good build and decent gear - I don't even mean mythic - you can handle any normal boss in the game. Once you get to elite levels, then a party usually becomes necessary.

My legendary mage soloed most bosses first time through Shuyal. It takes a bit longer, but then you also learn what you are capable of. Being dependent on other players to handle things for you is never a good plan. A legendary warrior might have an excuse to need a hand though, since they take forever and a day to solo most bosses. Still not impossible.

If you want to run with people who are unlocking maps, I suggest being around during expansion week.

X29798
01-28-2014, 04:47 AM
I've never had an issue with this. For the most part have killed every boss with a random group. The only exceptions have been Kromm and Inan from Shuyal, at which point I did get people from my guild to help.

I have lvled multiple toons. If you do the zone at the intended lvls, the bosses are not that hard at all. I find bringing a capped player in say for Nordr makes the zones next to impossible to do, unless by chance your lvl 36 is highly geared or an amazing player. Its just too hard for them and me being lower lvl I can't do much but die.

This is what guilds are for and the friends list, add people who you've run with before and ask then to zones with you again if you are having a hard time finding guildies to help. Maybe a new guild if yours doesn't wanna help you when you need it. Not saying you have a bad guild, but maybe they aren't as active when you are, or whatever.

I like the way the game is. It requires working together with others when needed it. If they removed that, then this wouldn't be a very good game at all and it would defeat the purpose of the game.

We have different experiences, mine seems to be the opposite. I killed the last two bosses at 34-35.

A guild can help you sometimes, but not all the time. The friend system is tedious when you need to invite someone. The game can be much better.

I completely disagree and think that the game would be so MUCH BETTER with my suggestion. Its up to STS now.

Players shouldn't be needing help with normal level bosses in any case, unless it is right at the beginning of an expansion when everything is hard.

By the time we're a month in, there is new gear released, and players are figuring out strategy. With a good build and decent gear - I don't even mean mythic - you can handle any normal boss in the game. Once you get to elite levels, then a party usually becomes necessary.

My legendary mage soloed most bosses first time through Shuyal. It takes a bit longer, but then you also learn what you are capable of. Being dependent on other players to handle things for you is never a good plan. A legendary warrior might have an excuse to need a hand though, since they take forever and a day to solo most bosses. Still not impossible.

If you want to run with people who are unlocking maps, I suggest being around during expansion week.

A month to beat some bosses does sound a bit long. There is a new item system coming that only gives us a little taste of new loot. That may change the waiting game. I don't care much about beating bosses. I want to farm XP at all the new maps.

Soloing is not possible for most players. Since it takes a lot more potions and good gear to do it. The drop rate of good gear in the current expansion is bad and prices are extremely high at the start of an expansion.

You can fight many bosses at release. Not everyone can and new players or characters are made all time.

It is much harder to find players months after the expansion, I know from experience.

Madnex
01-28-2014, 05:27 AM
I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this.

I'll say it again; this game was not made to be played solo. Some expansions had the second map as the best place to level up, some had the fifth.

To enjoy the game it must be hard enough to make you excited when your lower level grinding pays off and allows you to proceed. Same for bosses; don't quit when you die, stay and learn their tactics and the open spots in them.

X29798
01-28-2014, 06:59 PM
@ Aneneanet keep your post on topic. All sides of a box must be accounted for in a suggestion, I am balancing it out. It is nothing personal. There is no positive or negative if you can see the bigger picture of neutrality.

A suggestion like separating mobs and bosses is a very serious matter and must be treated like one.

@Mad I don't solo much, I am referring to games with people you don't know. This is a suggestion to quicken the process you have described. It makes it fair for those that don't have time for boss fights or zero interest in them once they have beat them once.