PDA

View Full Version : What the .... Maul is just OP

hakoom7
01-22-2014, 08:23 AM
I know maybe theres other threads about Sorcerer class being weak, i know every other class going to try to say we just whining.

But the whole time i didnt even realise that Maul proc was (Stun, Reduce armor 50% AND Increase 60 str!!!!). And Arcane staff proc only increase 60 int ?
I mean you do realise:

1. 60 str for a tank means high dmg and higher health, and 60 int for mage high dmg and lets say 300 health if not less or more still not high but yes we get high mana as if we need more mana.

2. warriors can use the skill (vengeful blood) which gives them high dmg and 26% crit which makes them proc minimum 2 times per clash if not more.

Please someone correct me if im wrong iv been doing pvp for so long and iv seen warriorsnwith maul procing much much more than any other class but my topic is sorcerer. Please try go against warrior (mauler) in pvp and see how annoying it can be, they stun more than sorcerers they proc more than rouges and they already have pretty much HIGH armor and health, sounds fair?

Not asking for reducing anything for warriors or thier precious Maul, just asking for more attention for us sorcerers, even with our arcane staff we still struggling alot, just check any mage with high ctf kills and ul see he has high ctf deaths aswell, like maximum i think a sorcerer can have like 10/5 kdr but rouge can be 30/5 easly and warrior 10/1 .. i mean ctf kills/deaths.

If theres anything wrong with whatever i saied in here then please correct me, or check with yourselves.

iacito
01-22-2014, 08:42 AM
60 int is 180 HP for mages. Why did sts put 10 mana regen in a weapon for mages with 5000-6000 mana; almost anything else could have Been better.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Hakoom i am sure with all the complaining threads about the Arcane staff and mage class being too weak to compete equally with the other 2 classes, Sts will do something for you mages in the upcoming expansion.

Raymond05
01-22-2014, 09:03 AM
^ I hope so.

Haligali
01-22-2014, 09:08 AM
*sarcasm* "Depends on how to use it" *sarcasm*

hakoom7
01-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Im glad to see so far people aint complaining of my whining.

60 int is 180 HP for mages. Why did sts put 10 mana regen in a weapon for mages with 5000-6000 mana; almost anything else could have Been better.

And thanks for your correction, i couldnt agree more with you, literaly anything else could have been better, it takes us 4 clashes to reach 30% mana that if we didnt use any mana refill skill or pet.

wvhills
01-22-2014, 09:40 AM
the devs don't see ctf the same way we do (the way it really is). the way they envision it is two equally geared/class teams trying their hardest to win the game. They see tanks as being the upfront members of the team who take the damage, mages who stay behind them and use their stuns/heals/aoe damage, and then rogues being in the back and use their high single target damage to take down high profile targets. Everything they do regarding pvp comes from this prospective. In their view, mages aren't supposed to be able to kill a tank, they're supposed to hide behind their own tank. Tanks are supposed to be hard to kill but it equals out because there's a tank on the other team. Rogues aren't supposed to have mana because they have mages who mana heal, etc.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 10:01 AM
the devs don't see ctf the same way we do (the way it really is). the way they envision it is two equally geared/class teams trying their hardest to win the game. They see tanks as being the upfront members of the team who take the damage, mages who stay behind them and use their stuns/heals/aoe damage, and then rogues being in the back and use their high single target damage to take down high profile targets. Everything they do regarding pvp comes from this prospective. In their view, mages aren't supposed to be able to kill a tank, they're supposed to hide behind their own tank. Tanks are supposed to be hard to kill but it equals out because there's a tank on the other team. Rogues aren't supposed to have mana because they have mages who mana heal, etc.

Yes yes certainly, but that staff still sucks compaired to a maul.

Nagin
01-22-2014, 10:05 AM
I know maybe theres other threads about Sorcerer class being weak, i know every other class going to try to say we just whining.

But the whole time i didnt even realise that Maul proc was (Stun, Reduce armor 50% AND Increase 60 str!!!!). And Arcane staff proc only increase 60 int ?
I mean you do realise:

1. 60 str for a tank means high dmg and higher health, and 60 int for mage high dmg and lets say 300 health if not less or more still not high but yes we get high mana as if we need more mana.

2. warriors can use the skill (vengeful blood) which gives them high dmg and 26% crit which makes them proc minimum 2 times per clash if not more.

Please someone correct me if im wrong iv been doing pvp for so long and iv seen warriorsnwith maul procing much much more than any other class but my topic is sorcerer. Please try go against warrior (mauler) in pvp and see how annoying it can be, they stun more than sorcerers they proc more than rouges and they already have pretty much HIGH armor and health, sounds fair?

Not asking for reducing anything for warriors or thier precious Maul, just asking for more attention for us sorcerers, even with our arcane staff we still struggling alot, just check any mage with high ctf kills and ul see he has high ctf deaths aswell, like maximum i think a sorcerer can have like 10/5 kdr but rouge can be 30/5 easly and warrior 10/1 .. i mean ctf kills/deaths.

If theres anything wrong with whatever i saied in here then please correct me, or check with yourselves.

Good morning....

Fauksuras
01-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Well if it makes you feel better Arcane Hooks had awful procs IMO outside of armor reduction (if i remember correctly)

karrdath
01-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Make a warrior class and get a maul. Done

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Well if it makes you feel better Arcane Hooks had awful procs IMO outside of armor reduction (if i remember correctly)

Arcane hooks are level 26, Arcane maul are 31, Arcane staff are 36. On behalf if all Arcane-staffed mages I think they were looking for a proc just as good as the maul or better. If I owned kershal I would definitely want it to be better than the maul.

Make a warrior class and get a maul. Done

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Very useful and informative sir. :O

Fauksuras
01-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Arcane hooks are level 26, Arcane maul are 31, Arcane staff are 36. On behalf if all Arcane-staffed mages I think they were looking for a proc just as good as the maul or better. If I owned kershal I would definitely want it to be better than the maul.

Very useful and informative sir. :O

I understand where you're coming from, I really do but procs have nothing to do with item level, warriors just happened to get terrific procs.

Heck warriors in general have the best weapons.

Pavise was, still is and probably will still be the best tanking weapon. Insane armor and good proc for pve.

Rogue bow got outdated faaaaast and mage weapon held on for the most part.

Arcane Maul was the best Arcane weapon out of all three.

Mythic glaive is clearly the winner in the lvl 36 mythics.

Maybe someone favors warriors over at STS.

(BTW Im a warrior)

Xstealthxx
01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Yep maul is op.. Nd so are warrior nd rouge.. Or maybe, mages are just undrpowed. In short weakest among class.. But strong in pve..

Artae
01-22-2014, 02:20 PM
The maul isnt OP. The glaive surpasses it in skill damage, and it is aesthetically a lot better. The maul looks like garbage.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 03:00 PM
The maul isnt OP. The glaive surpasses it in skill damage, and it is aesthetically a lot better. The maul looks like garbage.

What did i just read.

Name another weapon that makes a war surpass 500dmg?
Did you read the proc?
Glaive surpass the Maul in skill damage but in overall damage Maul still wins(I hope you know skill have cooldowns).
Maul vs Glaive maul user wins.
Maul is by far one of the most beuuutifuuul weapons i have seen ig calling it garbage even though you don't like it is eccesive.

hakoom7
01-22-2014, 03:11 PM

Maul is OP it has crazy proc, i thought that was clear by this whole thread, and we not doing a which better maul or glaive, this is about staff being weak

Solid
01-22-2014, 03:19 PM
ITs called ARCANE for a reason, also it is meant to be OP as the low % of users don't affect the community grandly.

Rianaku
01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
I agree with a few different views here, Maul is rather OP. But let's be honest, how many games do you know where EVERY class has EVERY aspect balanced EXACTLY the same?

ITs called ARCANE for a reason, also it is meant to be OP as the low % of users don't affect the community grandly.
^ I agree with this though. Not that many people have them, they're Arcane for a reason. If it was terrible, what'd be the point.

And I understand that you're referring to the UP of the sorc weapon, but it's definitely not the War' weapon that is OP if anything it's the Sorc weapon that is UP.

But the GM's have balanced the classes the way they have for a reason, and whatever that may be it's their choice, not ours. :)
And hopefully they'll consider it, as I do think classes need to be balanced, but you have to think beyond just weapons - all classes have their advantages, the GM's put more time and effort into the way things are than you might first think.

Peace ~

hakoom7
01-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I agree with a few different views here, Maul is rather OP. But let's be honest, how many games do you know where EVERY class has EVERY aspect balanced EXACTLY the same?

^ I agree with this though. Not that many people have them, they're Arcane for a reason. If it was terrible, what'd be the point.

And I understand that you're referring to the UP of the sorc weapon, but it's definitely not the War' weapon that is OP if anything it's the Sorc weapon that is UP.

But the GM's have balanced the classes the way they have for a reason, and whatever that may be it's their choice, not ours. :)
And hopefully they'll consider it, as I do think classes need to be balanced, but you have to think beyond just weapons - all classes have their advantages, the GM's put more time and effort into the way things are than you might first think.

Peace ~

Thats exactly my point, each class has an advantage and together they all kinda support each other but appearently sts did not consider that when they made the Maul, so now tanks almost doing all the job, high damage, high crit, alot of stunns, high armor and health, they are a mini trulles in ctf.

falmear
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
I suggest people vote with their feet, if you don't like the arcane staff don't buy it. If you loot it, sell it asap. If it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it a long time ago. IMO its not worth spending 50m gold on something that isn't perfect.

Solid
01-22-2014, 04:51 PM
I suggest people vote with their feet, if you don't like the arcane staff don't buy it. If you loot it, sell it asap. If it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it a long time ago. IMO its not worth spending 50m gold on something that isn't perfect.

Other than the fact that is the best sorcerer weapon in game, why else would you keep it?

Anything else is just a detriment to your killing experience.

falmear
01-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Other than the fact that is the best sorcerer weapon in game, why else would you keep it?

Anything else is just a detriment to your killing experience.

Not really. People ask me should they get arcane staff or buy Samael. Not everyone has 70+ million gold to buy both. I tell people to buy Samael and use mythic gun or mythic staff. Samael will always be good regardless what they do next season. I bought arcane staff like 3 months ago (back in October). So I could justify spending what I did given how long I've had it. If I looted one today I'd sell it and buy Samael and use the rest to buy whatever mythics will be released next season. Rogue with mythic daggers still does more damage then a mage with arcane staff in PvP and PvE. So compare the price between arcane staff vs mythic daggers. And for an arcane mage its almost impossible to defeat a warrior with maul or glaive in 1v1. Basically they have to screw up or you get lucky and cancel their heal. Otherwise there is no way you can kill them and they never run out of mana. If people aren't happy with the proc or the bugged charged attack why should they keep it? Sell it now while its worth what it is and use it to buy next seasons best. But like I said for me if it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it. Its the only time I need max damage.

hakoom7
01-23-2014, 07:37 AM
Not really. People ask me should they get arcane staff or buy Samael. Not everyone has 70+ million gold to buy both. I tell people to buy Samael and use mythic gun or mythic staff. Samael will always be good regardless what they do next season. I bought arcane staff like 3 months ago (back in October). So I could justify spending what I did given how long I've had it. If I looted one today I'd sell it and buy Samael and use the rest to buy whatever mythics will be released next season. Rogue with mythic daggers still does more damage then a mage with arcane staff in PvP and PvE. So compare the price between arcane staff vs mythic daggers. And for an arcane mage its almost impossible to defeat a warrior with maul or glaive in 1v1. Basically they have to screw up or you get lucky and cancel their heal. Otherwise there is no way you can kill them and they never run out of mana. If people aren't happy with the proc or the bugged charged attack why should they keep it? Sell it now while its worth what it is and use it to buy next seasons best. But like I said for me if it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it. Its the only time I need max damage.

Thats all true, in fact gun proc even more effective in pvp rooms and pve, thatbproc puches enemies away and cancel thier skill, sometimes stun for a short time, and mythic staff when it was bugged that proc was like a second shield to mages, but they changed it and gave us a worse proc in arcane staff, 1v1 for mages is really scary now

Haligali
01-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Thats all true, in fact gun proc even more effective in pvp rooms and pve, thatbproc puches enemies away and cancel thier skill, sometimes stun for a short time, and mythic staff when it was bugged that proc was like a second shield to mages, but they changed it and gave us a worse proc in arcane staff, 1v1 for mages is really scary now

Even the legendary watch rifle and oracle gun push proc was much much more useful, if an arcane weapon procs, then it should be a gg. Now, the scepter just light a little candle for my death.

xcainnblecterx
01-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Hakoom i am sure with all the complaining threads about the Arcane staff and mage class being too weak to compete equally with the other 2 classes, Sts will do something for you mages in the upcoming expansion.

Just saying elite, me and countless other sorcerers have been thinking this though since s2 when ctf first came. Still no fix either so most have adapted to the situation but if you ask you'll hear us say flat out we're the worse in pvp. Im with you on hoping for a fix but not one since season 2 makes me.doubtful

Anarchist
01-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Just saying elite, me and countless other sorcerers have been thinking this though since s2 when ctf first came. Still no fix either so most have adapted to the situation but if you ask you'll hear us say flat out we're the worse in pvp. Im with you on hoping for a fix but not one since season 2 makes me.doubtful

Though keep in mind i am talking of enhancing the arcane staff to mauls power range and to garantee upperhand to a medium high geared mage over a high geared rogue if the mage knows how to play not something op were mages will be killing wars.

Wars are advantaged against mages and that is how it should be on the other hand mages must be advantaged against rogues.

Not in theory but for real.