PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - make Elite mobs worth x2 kills

Serancha
01-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Elite mobs are a bit frustrating. They take far longer to kill than a normal map mob, much more effort and for full maps,usually a team. Yet they count the same as the mobs you can hit with one arrow elsewhere. This seems like illogical math to me.

Even if this was just on the current season maps, it would be nice if elite mobs were made to be worth killing as part of our PvE kill count. Elite is less easy for people to automate, due to the difficulty, so exploitation would be limited. Making elite mobs worth 2 or more kills each would be encouragement for more end game players to run elites, rather than having to turn them down at season end because they don't get any realistic gain from it.

Just an idea.

ladymage
01-22-2014, 12:36 PM
agree

Pandamoni
01-22-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't know that I'd agree with this, because if you want to bump up your kill stats you can just run easier maps. I would, however, like to see all elite maps give kills, or at least the two campaigns before the latest campaign, as mobs still hit fairly hard in the two most recent (before latest) campaigns.

Artae
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Why? Because 1 enemy killed = 1 kill.
If you get 2 kills from 1 enemy, then that isnt a kill, now is it? The purpose of the stat is to keep track of how many enemies you have killed. It's not a point-based system. If STS implemented this, it would ruin the integrity of pve.

Rianaku
01-22-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't think I agree with this.
But I do agree with this
I would, however, like to see all elite maps give kills

Serancha
01-22-2014, 09:47 PM
I don't know that I'd agree with this, because if you want to bump up your kill stats you can just run easier maps. I would, however, like to see all elite maps give kills, or at least the two campaigns before the latest campaign, as mobs still hit fairly hard in the two most recent (before latest) campaigns.

The elite maps from earlier campaigns do give kills. It is only Rooks Nest and below that don't, which is logical.

The concept is to encourage players to run difficult maps, not just do everything the easy way. Why shouldn't people be rewarded for challenging themselves, instead of penalized by having lower numbers, when they in fact make more effort?

Milan Lame Man
01-23-2014, 06:19 AM
It would me much easier to make a separate counter for elite kills.
All we need is a smaller font for all those numbers ;-)

Madnex
01-23-2014, 07:14 AM
I'll have to disagree with this one. The system is alright as it is; the amount of effort you put in killing an enemy rewards appropriate loot from the enemy's drop rate table. Double kill count wouldn't ruin PvE or anything but the reasons suggested don't suffice to require something like that. And even if it was added you would hardly see any difference in your profile because when you're high leveled enough to do elite, you already have over 10 KD ratio.

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-23-2014, 07:29 AM
swap double kills for double xp(maybe triple xp). it would be great for pet levelling and getting from lv 35 to 36

Rare
01-23-2014, 08:14 PM
The elite maps from earlier campaigns do give kills. It is only Rooks Nest and below that don't, which is logical.

The concept is to encourage players to run difficult maps, not just do everything the easy way. Why shouldn't people be rewarded for challenging themselves, instead of penalized by having lower numbers, when they in fact make more effort?

Any elite mob in brackenridge is harder than any normal mob in the game. So technically, any elite map is more work than any normal map. Also, I'm pretty sure you only get kills in your current campaign and the prior one

EDIT: I stand corrected. Serancha is right. Elite Dead City and beyond still give kills for Lv36

Hoardseeker
01-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Why? Because 1 enemy killed = 1 kill.
If you get 2 kills from 1 enemy, then that isnt a kill, now is it? The purpose of the stat is to keep track of how many enemies you have killed. It's not a point-based system. If STS implemented this, it would ruin the integrity of pve.
Same reason -1

Serancha
01-24-2014, 10:12 AM
It's not a point-based system.

See that's the thing, it ultimately is points. Look at the leaderboards. Anything related to pve is based on these numbers. For top players with equal ap, the one with more kills = higher standing. So if you run elites and work your butt off farming, you lose out to the people running tracks in boulder? One takes at least some skill, the other just takes the ability to handle boredom.

Anyways. It was just an idea to try and encourage more end game people to get out and challenge themselves.

Madnex
01-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Your last post seemed pretty much like the reason you would like this added. I'm not saying it's not even considerable, the idea just seems alien to the current game mechanics.

Putting up double kills for elite runs is not going to make you or anyone lower in LB catch up. These players have been farming on normal maps for whole seasons.

Ebezaanec
01-24-2014, 06:52 PM
I am opposed to 2x Elite kills, but...

I like the Elite PvE kills counter idea.

Serancha
01-24-2014, 07:47 PM
I can farm wolves as well as anyone. This isn't about me, but about player engagement in the game.

I also like the elite counter idea.

Ravager
01-25-2014, 02:23 AM
Elite mobs are a bit frustrating. They take far longer to kill than a normal map mob, much more effort and for full maps,usually a team. Yet they count the same as the mobs you can hit with one arrow elsewhere. This seems like illogical math to me.

Even if this was just on the current season maps, it would be nice if elite mobs were made to be worth killing as part of our PvE kill count. Elite is less easy for people to automate, due to the difficulty, so exploitation would be limited. Making elite mobs worth 2 or more kills each would be encouragement for more end game players to run elites, rather than having to turn them down at season end because they don't get any realistic gain from it.

Just an idea.

I agree. +1.

Hoardseeker
01-25-2014, 03:21 AM
I like the Elite PvE kills counter idea.
+1 I like to get a new Elite PvE kill counter then PvEE(Player vs Elite Enemy)