PDA

View Full Version : Second best attribute for each class

borix
01-22-2014, 10:41 AM
I play a mage and I learned that Intelligence is my most important attribute. Second is Strength so I get more health and don't die so quickly (hopefully).

So the equipment I use has highest points in INT and STR as second. Also when looking for mage equipment that I can sell in auction I keep the stuff with INT first and STR second. Most of the time I simply sell the other stuff with no INT at all or DEX as second. (Hope I do not sell some good stuff in this way :p ).

But I do not know the other classes. I only know STR is best for Warrior and DEX for Rogue. This means I sell all equipment that does not have these attributes (for example I sell a Warrior weapon that has INT and DEX).

So for Warrior and Rogue what is the second best attribute I should look for?

Hope this all makes sense.

Wutzgood
01-22-2014, 10:44 AM
For Mage

strength only adds to health
Dex adds health and damage
Int adds only to damage

Personally I always go for equip with int and dex so I can get max damage. Not sure about warrior or rogue.

Sorcerie
01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
For Mage

strength only adds to health
Dex adds health and damage
Int adds only to damage

Personally I always go for equip with int and dex so I can get max damage. Not sure about warrior or rogue.This totally!

I always buy weapons and armor with dex as the secondary attribute, because as he said dex add health and damage. Also, weapons that are int and dex oriented also raise your crit rate by a couple of points which is also good for a mage because of our aoe skills.

I would rather lose the points in health to have a better chance to do more critical damage any day -- But the vast majority of the weapons that are favored are the ones that raise int and str for the raw damage, which is odd to me seeing as how dex is actually a sorcs second highest base stat. I guess health>crit - even though were glass cannons. You'd think with a glass cannon you'd want it to hit as hard as possible, not make it a little more durable.

wvhills
01-22-2014, 11:11 AM
for rogue dex is best and int is second best. str just adds health while int adds some health and damage.

borix
01-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Mmh... this is not the reply I expected. From a few topics in the Mage subforum I thought I learned that STR is second best but you both say its DEX.

I can understand this because I now have the Versatility AND Assault Tarlok armor. I mostly use the assault armor but when fighting a very hard boss I sometimes switch to Versatility.

OK I will need to look into that a bit more then.

But what about Warrior and Rogue?

Edit: thanx wvhills.

Anarchist
01-22-2014, 11:24 AM
For warriors str first and int second c:

Warriors have more health than any other class cause str is the attrb that increase health most in addition giving them damage.

Nesox
01-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Str adds more health for a mage. Dex adds a little health and a little dmg. I prefer Str myself.

KingMartin
01-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Recently when I was adding points for new level (26) at my workerbee mage, I noticed that DEX gives me more DMG than INT.

Can it be that the added attributes are somehow digressive? I would not expect that a secondary stats give me more DMG than primary. I must have a close look on the next free respec weekend.

jb57542
01-23-2014, 05:34 AM
For mages here is a basic breakdown by skill:

Int - Gives +3 Health per point, Mana, Increases base DMG and Increases Bonus DMG %
Str - Gives +10 Health per point and adds a lot of absorbable DMG to shield skill.
Dex - Gives +5 Health per point, increases base DMG a little, increases crit, increases dodge

So in short you get the most damage from INT because it increases % Bonus DMG which is where a mage gets most of theit DMG from and DMG increases every skills output for a mage minus curse.

In my opinion DEX is next best stat as it gives half the health of str and increases DMG & crit a little