PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Vanity should be not using inventory slot?

extrapayah
01-22-2014, 01:54 PM
as the title said, (i believe i'm not the first who has been ranting about it)

don't you think it should be like that?

thank you so much

Shanamerny
01-22-2014, 02:35 PM
If you only have one set.. It doesn't. If you want more than one set, it only makes sense that it take up invent space. You can always get more inventory space but doing bard quests or buying with plat.

Artae
01-22-2014, 03:00 PM
It makes perfect sense to make the vanities take up inventory space. Cuz they are items, afterall.

extrapayah
01-24-2014, 08:31 PM
If you only have one set.. It doesn't. If you want more than one set, it only makes sense that it take up invent space. You can always get more inventory space but doing bard quests or buying with plat.

true, but with recent bonus of flags which you can't sell, don't you think it is strange that some items can't be sell while all of them consume inventory?

It makes perfect sense to make the vanities take up inventory space. Cuz they are items, afterall.

well, vanities are for cosmetics anyway... many game with balanced pvp system only sell cosmetic items anyway, and people buys it, by having vanity to not consume slots, it will encourage people to buy vanities, and yes, sts did it with Phantom Legends

thank you

Madnex
01-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Stuff you don't want or can't sell have a destination! Called stash.

The kind of vanity you propose is closer to skin-like vanities. I've never heard of the phantom legends one though. Dark legends maybe?

extrapayah
01-25-2014, 02:40 AM

The kind of vanity you propose is closer to skin-like vanities. I've never heard of the phantom legends one though. Dark legends maybe?

lol, you got me, it's pocket legends, i only remembered it as PL, anyway, having vanities won't cost inventory won't hurt anyone right? so, why not? and like i said, it will encourage players to buy more vanities, so, why not?

thanks

X29798
01-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Vanity take up too much space, for just a few animations or looks. Since they do nothing productive it makes sense to make it use no inventory space.

I don't use much vanity and aim to sell flags to clear up space.

More people will buy it with plat and money. As well as brighten up the game from the usual looks.

Stash is limited to 5. Then you have to get plat

Inventory is also limited with essences and gems and sets of gear when crafting

Ebezaanec
01-28-2014, 08:52 PM
So, if I carry bracelets, necklaces, expensive watches, hats, shirts, shoes, etc. in my duffel bag, none of the listed items should take up any physical 3D space?

Vanities are items. Items take up place.

Madnex
01-28-2014, 11:11 PM
Let me tell you a little something.

This game --and practically every other game out there-- was constructed to make you need the visual currency. If an F2P player could be easily satisfied without it, the platinum sales would be much lower and thus the whole game project less profitable.

Less profits, less funds and motivation to update the game. Buy the damn platinum, save up your story tokens or even create a stash character if it's that much of a bother.

extrapayah
01-29-2014, 01:33 AM
So, if I carry bracelets, necklaces, expensive watches, hats, shirts, shoes, etc. in my duffel bag, none of the listed items should take up any physical 3D space?

Vanities are items. Items take up place.

true, very true, and believe me, if you have unlimited storage for those accessories, you'll tend to buy more :D

Let me tell you a little something.

This game --and practically every other game out there-- was constructed to make you need the visual currency. If an F2P player could be easily satisfied without it, the platinum sales would be much lower and thus the whole game project less profitable.

Less profits, less funds and motivation to update the game. Buy the damn platinum, save up your story tokens or even create a stash character if it's that much of a bother.

i've never disagree with game looking for profits, that's why i said letting vanities storage unlimited will definitely be a good incentive for buying a lot more vanities, especially if those vanities are designed well and very good looking.

thank you

Shanamerny
01-29-2014, 04:00 PM
"You can always get more inventory space but doing bard quests or buying with plat."

I do agree that 500 inventory spaces will eventually be a problem but you can purchase another character slot with bard tokens (for non-plat players) and use 500 inventory spots on that toon as well. As for the items that cannot be sold, you can always liquidate them :/ I have about 250 inventory space and I have not used plat to get it ( I would rather use plat on elixirs). You don't have to keep the flags that are awarded. I like having them even though I don't use them and I agree they take up space but like I said, you can always get more space. Vanities are items that you can choose to get. Now essence on the other hand... I agree take up space. I think essence shouldn't take up space but that is a different convo.

Rare
01-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Phantom legends?

Zylx
01-31-2014, 03:45 AM
It's an item. If it didnt take up space, people would simply hoard sets.

Vixenne
02-02-2014, 07:50 AM
It's an item. If it didnt take up space, people would simply hoard sets.

Precisely.