PDA

View Full Version : Compromise for new cap?

Friuadale
01-22-2014, 04:58 PM
So I was at work thinking about PL like always and an idea popped into my head. Instead of a whole new expansion, how about a bonus dungeon to reward veteran players? I was thinking it could work like how the first time u join slayer you have to wear cap vanity shield but use the 3 year shield that samhayne is working on.

That's as far as I have thought it out right now. If anyone has anything to add please let me know in the comments and I will edit this thread with ideas I find interesting. Thanks for reading

fourleaf
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM
still takes time to make, expect individual items at most.

Friuadale
01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
That's all I want lol, as long as it's new

Bonthan
01-22-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm game for any new idea for more content.

3 year shield for entrance would cut out majority of players from accessing map and give no incentive for players. No incentive for players is no good for the income of Spacetime, which would lead to them losing money. We need some solid ideas to drive sales so that time invested in developing would net a return spacetime would be happy with. Samhayne said 2 new classes wasn't enough motivation or incentive for us players in pl to drive sales. If fox and rhino weren't good enough then I don't think a map accessible only by veterans would be enough to get some love by the pl gods either.

How about a new map or expansion only accessible after purchasing with plat?

Friuadale
01-22-2014, 07:14 PM
I like that idea, brings back the good ole days of buying dungeons

Roberto077
01-22-2014, 11:17 PM

I love it how we think of the past as less money hungry when you needed platinum to get past level 13.

Nonetheless, great times indeed.

XghostzX
01-22-2014, 11:24 PM
I love it how we think of the past as less money hungry when you needed platinum to get past level 13.

This^

I remember when Cinco made the commercial for all free dungeons. I've never seen a more grateful community :)

LEVEL ONE
01-22-2014, 11:50 PM

All you needed back then was 5 plat to buy the latest map and that was it. At least that's what most people did.

The F2P model they implemented obviously brings them (way) more more money in, so it's clearly more "plat-consuming" now than it was back then.

xcainnblecterx
01-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Think after or during fang was when the plat flow came heavy with the thrashers , member being kicked from idk how many groups for not having one. Income aside im game for buying a new map pack

fourleaf
01-23-2014, 07:27 AM
I believe they said they weren't doing plat dungeons because it discourages free-to-play players.
I'm wondering if they could make them purchasable for like a month and then allow free access. It would probably be just as discouraging for free-to-play players.

Pvpandctf
01-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Loading.....ERROR!

Doodlebeast
01-23-2014, 08:42 AM

Aw I was so stupid I did not bought AO last time. I bought balefort instead. I iz narb

Roberto077
01-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Aw I was so stupid I did not bought AO last time. I bought balefort instead. I iz narb

I bought Shadow caves and frozen nightmare :/

Friuadale
01-23-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm game for any new idea for more content.

3 year shield for entrance would cut out majority of players from accessing map and give no incentive for players. No incentive for players is no good for the income of Spacetime, which would lead to them losing money. We need some solid ideas to drive sales so that time invested in developing would net a return spacetime would be happy with. Samhayne said 2 new classes wasn't enough motivation or incentive for us players in pl to drive sales. If fox and rhino weren't good enough then I don't think a map accessible only by veterans would be enough to get some love by the pl gods either.

How about a new map or expansion only accessible after purchasing with plat?

Would maybe the 6 month shield be more reasonable?

fourleaf
01-23-2014, 04:03 PM
I guess I totally misread post
I don't think Sam ever said the 3 year shield would grant access to a map, I don't think they will even be working on any new maps for several months atleast.

Friuadale
01-23-2014, 08:51 PM
He's working on a 3 year version of the pl shield, I was just suggesting that maybe it could be used to gain access to such a dungeon. Just spittballin ideas.

fourleaf
01-24-2014, 07:42 AM
I just don't think they have the time to design any new maps/dungeons/townes

Grrrrimadoggy
01-24-2014, 11:18 PM
I don't think any dungeon should only be accessible by "veterans" that's just stupid! If its gonna be anything the requirement should be 76. Not everyone has played the years ya know.