PDA

View Full Version : OLD PLAYERS - Does a lot of gold make the game better or worse?

Samdegreat
01-22-2014, 05:31 PM
For those of you season 1-2 players who have gained wealth over your year of playing this game, do you feel you had more fun when you were farming for gold and you had a purpose and a target - 'inspiration' and 'motivation' or do you prefer pvp and merching?

P.s no one ask me for all my gold and say if you want to be poor give your gold to me :)

although in my opinion I did prefer being poor :)
Being a noob was/is the good times ...

Azsontop
01-22-2014, 05:37 PM
I enjoyed the pvp

Solid
01-22-2014, 05:37 PM
For those of you season 1-2 players who have gained wealth over your year of playing this game, do you feel you had more fun when you were farming for gold and you had a purpose and a target - 'inspiration' and 'motivation' or do you prefer pvp and merching?

P.s no one ask me for all my gold and say if you want to be poor give your gold to me :)

Who likes being poor?

X29798
01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Farming and merching is fun so I do both. I don't need motivation I just do it because I like it.

Kakashis
01-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Lol gold is always good! I'm always equip /pet rich, gold poor! I still rotate pets!

Solid
01-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Lol gold is always good! I'm always equip /pet rich, gold poor! I still rotate pets!

You're "rich" and you rotate pets to save gold?

Zuzeq
01-22-2014, 05:49 PM
I miss the "good ol' days"....sometimes.

Imjebus
01-22-2014, 05:52 PM
I miss the "good ol' days"....sometimes.

Season 2 pvp was so much fun :) Can't remember if PvP came out during season 2 or towards the end of season 1 but it was so much more fun than it is now. No matter what class you were you could of killed either class. Warriors had their glitched windmill and sorc's and rogues had their stun locks. xD

Samdegreat
01-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Season 2 pvp was so much fun :) Can't remember if PvP came out during season 2 or towards the end of season 1 but it was so much more fun than it is now. No matter what class you were you could of killed either class. Warriors had their glitched windmill and sorc's and rogues had their stun locks. xD

Ctf came out in mid season 2 :) and I was always told about glitched windmill what was that about lol
It never worked for me, ruined my kd during lv 21 XD

Energizeric
01-22-2014, 06:27 PM
It does discourage me how easily someone new can just buy a bunch of plat, open a thousand crates, and suddenly they are richer than I am and have better gear than I do. In PL the plat spenders would get these OP elixirs which gave much better drops and let you complete the dungeons much easier. While that eventually became a problem, it did mean that new players still had to work to get their wealth. It does seem like now you can just strike it rich from the beginning, and I see far too many noobs walking around with arcane gear that even I cannot afford. So yes, it is a bit discouraging.

I do miss the season 1/2 pre-locked crate days a bit, but obviously STS has to make some money on this game, and locked crates is how they are doing it. I just wish they figured out a way to make it so that more effort was required. I understand that plat users should have some sort of significant advantage or else they won't spend their money. But I wish some more effort was needed on their part to have that advantage.

Pie
01-22-2014, 06:27 PM
I remember season 1 where elite golden chests were at 100k at some points. Also, I remember when 10 mil gold was max :P

I never got more then 500k in season one but had very good gear.

Trenton
01-22-2014, 06:31 PM
It was and is still really not all that bad being "poor." I'm still trying to earn gold for my characters and I'm still obviously trying to get gold for collectibles and such ;) I would think having like 500m would be fun, but VERY boring. You'd just buy whatever in cs, win all bidding wars, never have to farm ever again, etc. That's why I've pretty much quit PL is because I can get whatever I want, really, and PvP gets really boring after awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

octavos
01-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Gold is fun..but game play is better (maybe you like vanitys or just like killing something)..imagine playing your old favorite game all the time...like pokemon or errr skyrim..or Super Mario on any nintendo system (this is what STG feels like..a never ending story)...this game doesn't cost you anything but the time you invest. So to some many are rich without even trying...and some are just lucky ;)

Imjebus
01-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Ctf came out in mid season 2 :) and I was always told about glitched windmill what was that about lol
It never worked for me, ruined my kd during lv 21 XD

Haha if I remember correctly you had to put points in the crit passive and it made you crit like 300s at lvl 10 of each hit with windmill xD

Energizeric
01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
I remember season 1 where elite golden chests were at 100k at some points. Also, I remember when 10 mil gold was max :P

I never got more then 500k in season one but had very good gear.

You are thinking of season 2, not season 1. Season 1 elite chests could not be sold and were not tradable.

Solid
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
It was and is still really not all that bad being "poor." I'm still trying to earn gold for my characters and I'm still obviously trying to get gold for collectibles and such ;) I would think having like 500m would be fun, but VERY boring. You'd just buy whatever in cs, win all bidding wars, never have to farm ever again, etc. That's why I've pretty much quit PL is because I can get whatever I want, really, and PvP gets really boring after awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Love said being rich was hella fun.

Buy anything, never leave pvp or runs to merch, gain "status". Etc.

Pilagius-
01-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Those were the days. The time when the almighty mythics and arcane weren't invented yet, the time when PvP was balanced and fun! the time when the term "Twinks" sounded gay, the time when you had 100k, and you felt like you were the richest person on the game, the time when Locked Crates were so easy to get that you don't need luck and that it only costed 1k each. I love the good ol' days lol!!!

-Aligaythor(S1-2), Pilagius(S2-3), Gaythorraid(S3-active), Merdicci(S4-active), Brackenstein(S4-active).

drgrimmy
01-22-2014, 11:33 PM
It does discourage me how easily someone new can just buy a bunch of plat, open a thousand crates, and suddenly they are richer than I am and have better gear than I do. In PL the plat spenders would get these OP elixirs which gave much better drops and let you complete the dungeons much easier. While that eventually became a problem, it did mean that new players still had to work to get their wealth. It does seem like now you can just strike it rich from the beginning, and I see far too many noobs walking around with arcane gear that even I cannot afford. So yes, it is a bit discouraging.

I do miss the season 1/2 pre-locked crate days a bit, but obviously STS has to make some money on this game, and locked crates is how they are doing it. I just wish they figured out a way to make it so that more effort was required. I understand that plat users should have some sort of significant advantage or else they won't spend their money. But I wish some more effort was needed on their part to have that advantage.

I agree. I remember being disappointed at how plat intensive pl was, but still no matter how much plat you spent you still had to farm for your gear. I too don't like the direction al has gone with crates, but perhaps it is a necessary evil???? I think as a result there are probably more "new" rich people than "old" rich people. Yes, older players tend to have better gear and a little more gold, but I dont think that most who have been playing since the begining are necessarily fantastically rich. Unfortunately, I think this results in a lot of animosity towards the "nouveau riche" thinking that they dont deserve their gold. Just troll the forums and you will see what I mean... I wish I could say I was also not occasionally guilty of this :(

ancestor
01-22-2014, 11:35 PM
I Make It A Goal To Get Every Item In The Game, I Have Failed This Goal.

Artae
01-23-2014, 12:07 AM
I kinda miss being a fresh player even though im still not rich. Back then, i was like "wow i have 1k! I'm going to buy a lot!"... here i am almost a year later, and i think 500k is poor. I enjoyed being a fresh player because i would start the game, not knowing anything and not knowing what comes next. Now i pretty much understand all the gameplay mechanics, and now the game is boring. It feels like a chore to farm stuff and merching is too risky. So i deleted my lvl 36 character and started anew to try to find some fun in lvling..

StopDrop'N'Troll
01-23-2014, 03:09 AM
As a season 1 player, having the motivation to make my millions was very fun.

Just pvp when you have geared up for season

Fauksuras
01-23-2014, 03:19 AM

I guess we all have the option to neglect real life responsibilities (or is it priorities?) and do the same but yeah I understand what you say and preach one brother.

I'm by no means a super old player but the amount of new players with arcane gear is astounding. Especially with warriors, at some point I think every crate was giving arcane maul and samael, the amount of warriors running with both is perplexing to say the least. Of course these are the same guys who in PVP show their "knowledge", some get by on that gear alone with no train of thought to their actions.

utpal
01-23-2014, 03:23 AM
having alot of golds means u can have anything. if u have everything it makes game boring. u can do pvp bt not mch good.
I m playing rogue character now

vogel
01-23-2014, 03:56 AM
This game was way more fun b4 lockeds, the good times of actually havong people doing elites to farm equipment instead of the same boring 3 elite maps the whole time. This game lost alot of its former glory after lockeds where introduced. To bad sts didnt fulfil their promises of this not being a plat heavy game.

In case anyone remembers me fro the good old days, i used to play as datapunk and fudgemonk.

Solid
01-23-2014, 09:09 AM
This game was way more fun b4 lockeds, the good times of actually havong people doing elites to farm equipment instead of the same boring 3 elite maps the whole time. This game lost alot of its former glory after lockeds where introduced. To bad sts didnt fulfil their promises of this not being a plat heavy game.

In case anyone remembers me fro the good old days, i used to play as datapunk and fudgemonk.

I think the only map farmed in seas 1/2 was elite jarl.

Hiosahaf
01-23-2014, 09:53 AM

Yeah !! Jarl was the farming rage. Didn't take much time, and occasionally droped good chests. Joined at the end of SI/start of SII. I remember how I gave away 20 locked to fellow guildmates. And then suddenly the prices soared and locked has been a valuable item ever since :/ lost so much!

Rare
01-23-2014, 09:59 AM

Tower of Mardrom also

Yeah !! Jarl was the farming rage. Didn't take much time, and occasionally droped good chests. Joined at the end of SI/start of SII. I remember how I gave away 20 locked to fellow guildmates. And then suddenly the prices soared and locked has been a valuable item ever since :/ lost so much!

You think that was bad? I can't count how many wrathjaw/snaggletooth eggs I gave away. Probably > 50. They were selling for like 1k

xcainnblecterx
01-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Season 1 player and have none of this wealth you speak of

Hiosahaf
01-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Tower of Mardrom also

You think that was bad? I can't count how many wrathjaw/snaggletooth eggs I gave away. Probably > 50. They were selling for like 1k

And Loki!! Those eggs were so cheap back then. On the other hand, Malison prices are quite low compared to the prices back then.

Chaim Nail
01-23-2014, 12:56 PM
You can never have enough game money in a game, this is why I used a program to hack my GTA V storymode gamesave to have 2 billion dollars :D

carloanddar
01-23-2014, 02:23 PM
missing the time when ALP was the best weapon for rogue! lol :)

Samdegreat
01-23-2014, 05:18 PM
You can never have enough game money in a game, this is why I used a program to hack my GTA V storymode gamesave to have 2 billion dollars :D

Ur that sad to hack it lol. I made 100million on gta5 by investing it all I'm 1 company and if u buy things just don't save it lol
Online I was just given 4billion anyway ...

Chaim Nail
01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Sad to hack it? Don't be so absurd, it's a game, you play it how you want to. How much did they leave you with after they took away the 4 billion?

nelson131
01-24-2014, 08:14 AM
I started at the start of season and have no wealth at all. Though I left after the start of nordor expansion and came back after Halloween..................
And lol i gave away a lot of lockeds when they were worth <5k...... Big loss.
Aay way I have barely 700k after playing for a month........and spending around 300-400 k to buy equips to make game play easier for me so I'll say I'm making some good progress hope I'll buy my first mythic anytime soon!

garou498
01-24-2014, 08:31 AM

Arcane Legends was created in november 2012, and my first toon was a warrior. I deleted him, dunno why, i'm silly, but i remember that i enjoyed farming elite and normal. Farming is a good activity, i have always loved it. About gold, i think that if u have only 30-40k and u can't have more, you're not happy when u play AL. If u have a good gear and about 5M-10M gold MAXIMUM, think that you're more happy.
But anyway if you have 50M+, that make the game worse, definitly.
I hope that my opinion helped, and bye!!

garou498
01-24-2014, 08:34 AM
and i can add that if you think that being a noob is/was the good times, you're right, i think that too :D:D:D

Samdegreat
01-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Sad to hack it? Don't be so absurd, it's a game, you play it how you want to. How much did they leave you with after they took away the 4 billion?

210k lol but kept my tank and every boat and helicopter and my cars and I'm only lv 30 :)

Anarchist
01-24-2014, 04:45 PM
If any old player wants to unweighten is pockets and find motivation to play again pursuing new goals, he is reccomemded to send the money my way.
Send me a pvt message and i will gladly log Azazriel to take the gold$.

Oh one at a time please don't push yourselves i have enough space in my stash for all of you c:

moneybagz
01-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Tbh I'd say I had more fun back when I was a pretty much a noob and farming elites was actually fun because the loot was actually worth something to me. Farming elites for hours.. Knowing the map inside out, How and when to pull mobs perfectly etc... In nordr expansion it was very fun farming. Running the map until you got that rare drop that makes your team go " omg not fair!" hahaha. I eventually farmed full mythic rouge gear in lvl 31 ( won the free mythic ring in the timed runs contest tho ).

But then in about the last month or so in lvl 31 cap I tried merching because people said its faster for gold and i wanted at least a glacian. Eventually I merched and merched and became what others might call "super rich". I completely stopped farming elites because the drops was a waste of time to me. I tryed to farm elites in lvl 36 cap.. Couldn't do it anymore.. It just wasn't the same fun I used to have because the drops were to "cheap" to me and I always thought about how much gold was waiting for me in the pier. All I ever did was merch to the point I was pretty much famous in the piers at the time ( oldmurda ) but yea.. Had more fun having to grind in pve for the items instead of having so much gold To easily buy anything I wanted. Noob days the best days ! :) lol

Keanatec
01-26-2014, 02:38 AM
Me making money in S2.

#runninghauntletsellingkokos

Vystirch
01-26-2014, 03:56 AM
Jarl farming... Wow, those were good memories.