PDA

View Full Version : Did the Whim Brothers "Fix" Backfire?

Solid
01-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Since the range is now 9mm instead of the previous 14mm, the Arcane Ability is now useless.

In PvP the you are always running so the pet is constantly behind you and the 9mm doesn't suffice the range need to pull. By the time the Whim actually comes in range of 9mm he can actually melee attack making the whole abilty to pull it in range is invalid and useless. It is like using axe-throw right next to your opponent- it doesn't matter.

I think this whole "whim fix" back fired and should be restored to it's glitched form(worst case scenerio,but not as worse as the state whim is in now) or return the distance to 14mm.

Opinions?

Zeus
01-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Developers, please...

This is an ARCANE rarity pet, not some legendary. A lot of us paid good money for this pet and it's just disappointing and sad to see it in a worse condition than before. Please, I request... extend the range to 14mm.

All the other arcane rarity pets have amazing arcanes and happiness bonus, so why deprive this one of the same thing?

Kakashis
01-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Developers, please...

This is an ARCANE rarity pet, not some legendary. A lot of us paid good money for this pet and it's just disappointing and sad to see it in a worse condition than before. Please, I request... extend the range to 14mm.

All the other arcane rarity pets have amazing arcanes and happiness bonus, so why deprive this one of the same thing?

they'll fix your whim by nerfing the other arcane pets :(

falmear
01-22-2014, 10:56 PM
For PvP its probably worse but for PvE I can say it works much better. Even though the range has decreased.

falmear
01-22-2014, 11:34 PM
@Falmear
Personally, I felt as if they worked better beforehand as you could maneuver around their iffy pull by positioning them properly. Whim users that I have spoken to have felt the same way.

For PvE I feel like the pulls are tighter now then before. And what is in range, gets is pulled in. I felt like before everything was in range but not much got pulled in. And the formation was kind of scattered. I haven't used it in PvP but from your video it seems like its effectiveness is worse. They should set the range back to 14m. I'm not sure what the issue is with 14m.

Zeus
01-22-2014, 11:41 PM
For PvE I feel like the pulls are tighter now then before. And what is in range, gets is pulled in. I felt like before everything was in range but not much got pulled in. And the formation was kind of scattered. I haven't used it in PvP but from your video it seems like its effectiveness is worse. They should set the range back to 14m. I'm not sure what the issue is with 14m.

The reasoning was that the developers claim that 14mm is effectively the entire screen, but we both know that is not the case.. or else my 14mm arrows would be able to hit anything on the screen which doesn't happen.

I just hope that it will actually be fixed instead of another revision that seems to be even worse than before. I do use them in PvE more often than PvP and in PvE they feel like they are even worse than before. Now, if I want to pull mobs in, I have to round them up and then activate the arcane for maximum effectiveness which again - defeats the purpose.

P.S: I really hope you can get your staff fixed as well. The amount of time that the staff has faced neglect is absolutely horrendous.

Solid
01-22-2014, 11:42 PM

I think STS thought it would be a little overpowered, and set it to 9mm. BUT 9mm is melee range..... What's the point of the AA if you can only use it if the opponent is right buy ur pet. It would be like samael only stunning in a 1mm range.

Nagin
01-23-2014, 12:38 AM
It is snowball of arcane pets :p

Zeus
01-23-2014, 12:44 AM
It is snowball of arcane pets :p

LOL! I wouldn't go that far... they're still good, it's just that their arcane is quite disappointing in PvP. In PvE, the new patch brought some good things and some bad things. However, the trade off in PvP is just bad in general. :/

Zuzeq
01-23-2014, 10:37 AM
I don't end game PvP, but I don't need to after seeing Zues's video (hard to watch) I can see how useless the arcane ability is in there. What I DO do is clock around 30 hours of Elite map farming a week. Saying that, there isn't many variations of PvE I don't see on a regular (normal/elite mobs/boss). In no way, shape or form does the new range adjustment more beneficial than before. I tried, but I can't understand how "they" went in....ran the test and said "All done, but this pull is OP...we should change it". It should have gone "All done, that pull is redic...we did a good job on this ARCANE pet overall". As a "PvE'er" I'm beyond sick of things being nerf'ed (Weapons, Pets...etc) because of PvP balance....wait...even with the 14m pull ppl still held Sam as the better PvP pet. So why did you change it again? Ok I'm going off track, with the 14m and proper damage dealing Arcane Whim is a true Arcane pet. If it remains as is, just put it up for 250 plat and call it a day. Somehow I know they will do the right thing.

Samhayne
01-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll give it another look.

Madnex
01-23-2014, 01:58 PM
http://tinyurl.com/pckw7wc

Solid
01-23-2014, 03:33 PM

Thanks Sam!

wmrwh
01-25-2014, 03:18 AM
Thanks Sam!

来自我的 HUAWEI C8813 上的 Tapatalk

Samdegreat
01-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks Sam!

No problem! :)

eeknoh
01-26-2014, 11:21 AM

Please do. Its depressing. I was sooooo excited when I saw the update. Finally, the arcane was going to be useful! Then I went in and started testing and my jaw dropped. It was terrible. It was only pulling in the mobs it was already fighting itself...meaning in its own melee range. I tested for quite some time..consistent, not so great results..

What's the point of mobs not dodging if they aaren't going to be hit with the ability in the first place?

Zzz..

Solid
01-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Please do. Its depressing. I was sooooo excited when I saw the update. Finally, the arcane was going to be useful! Then I went in and started testing and my jaw dropped. It was terrible. It was only pulling in the mobs it was already fighting itself...meaning in its own melee range. I tested for quite some time..consistent, not so great results..

What's the point of mobs not dodging if they aaren't going to be hit with the ability in the first place?

Zzz..

Exactly, still no announcement about the fate of the Whims.

falmear
01-26-2014, 01:49 PM
What one hand giveth the other hand taketh away.

Zeus
01-26-2014, 06:07 PM
What one hand giveth the other hand taketh away.

Very very true.

However, I don't see why they had to "taketh away" as it was already considered a weak arcane pet in the first place.

Ravager
01-26-2014, 08:09 PM

Zzz..

Exactly, still no announcement about the fate of the Whims.

Maybe because most of the team is off on the weekends. Lets hope during the week.

Solid
01-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Maybe because most of the team is off on the weekends. Lets hope during the week.

One can only dream?

matanofx
01-27-2014, 03:29 AM
To be honest if there was no whim and someone told me theres a new pet with pull arcane ability id say "awesome!" and think its a new legendary pet worth 1-2m which is top for pinks

Hj Glacian and Samael have truly arcane worthy arcane ability with 100% stun or awesome buffs, but whim is just cool/good/pretty useful but not arcane worthy, right now its like the oposite of vixen.

The range of the pull should absolutely be bigger and the damage also should be fit for an arcane pet's arcane ability.

woeh
01-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Lol I learned from grim , holiday pets will never compete with the regular myths n arcane

and we can expect a new arcane late feb thtll actually be good I bet

and sam said they lookin into it so there still hope whimians

Ihateppl
01-27-2014, 01:20 PM
:D i usually stay away from players with arcane pets, but i go ahead and start farming players with this pet in pvp lol

Solid
01-27-2014, 03:48 PM
:D i usually stay away from players with arcane pets, but i go ahead and start farming players with this pet in pvp lol

Samael- oh god he has Sam runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Hammerjaw-meh, let's wait for his buff to go out.
Glacian- zzzzz that crit and buff.
Whim- lol let's Rambo and rush him.

Striderevil
01-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Of late I've been noticing grimms banishment more than almost never. Anyone have the same experience?

Ravager
01-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Of late I've been noticing grimms banishment more than almost never. Anyone have the same experience?

Please stay on the topic of Whim.

Solid
01-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Please stay on the topic of Whim.

Grimm>Whim?

Two M's are always better.