PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back on My Feet

Reunegade
01-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey guys, tried playing this game but really can't get into it. My final shot at this game and if it doesn't work out, I guess I'll stick to PL. Anyways, I am debating between my three characters: Fake L21 Warrior, Astuteness L22 Sorcerer, or Faked L14 Rogue. After I sell my stuff, I will have about 1m gold. So, which class should I cap first and why? And from a scale from 1-10 how helpful are elixirs?

GoodSyntax
01-22-2014, 07:50 PM
I prefer Rogues because they are versatile and are the class best suited to solo maps.

Rogues are most like full DEX Birds in PL, with the most impressive DMG inflicting skills in the game. Like DEX Birds, they are reliant on Crit and Dodge for success and in the right hands are DMG dealing juggernauts, but in the wrong hands are squishy and ineffective. Rogues are probably the most expensive class in terms of maintenance because you use more HP and Mana pots than any other class, and their top-end gear can be extremely expensive.

Sorcs are most like full INT Mages in PL, with the widest array of AoE and DoT skills. Sorcs are a squishy class, but as with Mana Shield in PL, they have a shielding capability which makes this class challenging, but fun. Depending on how you set up your skills, this can be the lowest maintenance class in the game, but it feels like you are always walking the razors edge between one-hit deaths and god-like crowd control and DoT. Sorcs require great gear to be effective, but gear for this class are the least expensive.

Warriors are probably the easiest class for mainstream players to go with. Being tanky like STR Bears in PL, with high armor and high HP, means you can survive in spots where nothing else could, but as with Bears, you have very low DMG and your primary role is to keep the rest of your party alive. Warriors provide a fun, though somewhat monotonous gaming experience, but they are extremely low maintenance in the right hands. Warrior gear tends to be the most expensive, but many players do well with mainstream gear.

As far as elixirs, they are effective, depending on which one you get. As with PL, Combo elixirs are terrific, reroll elixirs are awesome as well. The others are not that useful (save XP elixir), but you already know that, based on your experience in PL.

Trenton
01-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Do Sorcerer JB, it has the cheapest gear, its rly fun to play, and its better for soloing if you wanna rack up kills... Not rly sure why Good said rogue is best soloer. No offense Good :o But I think sorcerer is a MUCH better soloer because it had AoE and DoT skills that stun and root targets, and deal better all round damage. Rogues are targeted towards 1-3 enemies while mages can take care of 20 or more. Rogue gear is really expensive, and sorcerer is just bes :p GL choosing Reunypoo, I know you like birds in PL, so that would make you go towards rogue more, but I think that sorcerer is just a better choice all round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Xenobiotic
01-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Guys, guys, please, get serious. When we're talking about best char? It's warrior, sick tankin' abilities plus it has some AoE skills. Tho cheapest gear I would have to go with what Trenton said, sorcerer does have pretty cheap gear. Rogues are probably the most expensive gear. For elixirs I would say luck elixir is a 9/10, you can get lots of locked crates. For XP its alright, great for lvling, for dmg reduction, it sucks. Combo elixirs from Klaas are great!

Reunegade
01-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Do Sorcerer JB, it has the cheapest gear, its rly fun to play, and its better for soloing if you wanna rack up kills... Not rly sure why Good said rogue is best soloer. No offense Good :o But I think sorcerer is a MUCH better soloer because it had AoE and DoT skills that stun and root targets, and deal better all round damage. Rogues are targeted towards 1-3 enemies while mages can take care of 20 or more. Rogue gear is really expensive, and sorcerer is just bes :p GL choosing Reunypoo, I know you like birds in PL, so that would make you go towards rogue more, but I think that sorcerer is just a better choice all round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Welp, is there a such thing as powerleveling in this game?

Trenton
01-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Welp, is there a such thing as powerleveling in this game? Sort of lol. I could help you through some places, but you wouldn't get many kills because the mobs go up to the highest level in the party, meaning for Watcher's Tomb 4, I'd have to pretty much solo L36 mobs while you try to struggle through them.

GoodSyntax
01-22-2014, 10:46 PM
I said Rogue is the best soloer because of experience. I have successfully soloed all but 4 elite maps (only missing Man Eater, Alpha Wolf, Grimnr and Inanhesh - only because I haven't attempted them yet), as well as completed arena solo countless times. Some of my pro-Sorc friends have been able to complete many of the same maps, but they would admit that it's easier to do for a Rogue. Keep in mind that when I say easier to solo, I'm speaking about elite maps, not Kraken Mines or Watchers Tombs - in those maps, Sorcs really are unbeatable.

Also, keep in mind that speed runs are typically dominated by Rogues. That is no coincidence, they kill things fast, so when you have Reroll, it's more fruitful to farm things quickly. For instance, good Rogues can complete Elite Forest in about 2:30, excellent Rogues can complete it in about 2:00. So, over the course of a 30 minute reroll, you can run Elite Forest about 10-13 times, which almost guarantees a Kettle Egg or two.

All this comes at a price - I consume thousands of HP and Mana pots a day.

Truly, it all depends on what your looking to do. If you enjoy farming for Locked at KM3, Sorc is your best bet. If you enjoy pulling the entire map towards you and like watching boss windup attacks just bounce off of you, then Warrior. If you want deal max damage - then it's Rogue.

faychen
01-23-2014, 12:27 AM
My main char is rogue but will say that mage is the best for solo and really fun to play of its aoe skills :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ThePvpTwink
01-23-2014, 01:02 AM
Depends on your play style really. Sorc has cheapest gear, followed by rogue then warrior.

The warrior is very tanky, won't die much but kill very slow.
Rogue kill fast but burns potions
Sorc kill fast with aoe but squishy.

I think the rogue is most fun to play, especially with range and dashing, And being able to solo quickly

Energizeric
01-23-2014, 01:23 AM
Keep in mind that this game is geared towards end game much more so than PL is. In PL you can still farm lower level dungeons for the best gear from that campaign. However, in AL the elite dungeons, even those from previous campaigns, are limited to end game players. You don't have to reach the level cap (36), but you must reach end game (35) before you can enter any of the elite dungeons. Because of this, twinks only tend to focus on PvP. So when trying to level up you may find some difficulty in putting together a good party to level. One of my buddies got frustrated with this, so he quit. My suggestion is to stick with it and do your best. Once you reach end game it will become way way more fun and there will be tons of parties to farm with and tons of players to PvP with all the time. Also, because of the AL party system, being in a good guild is so important, and without a good guild your game enjoyment will suffer greatly.

Giuewek
01-23-2014, 03:11 AM
Sorcerer definately the most fun for me easier to kill mobs whilst I still like the warr I prefer mage and rogue for takes too long to lvl

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

katish
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Everyone made some really good points.. My two cents :)

- warrior is slow, not very challenging.. gets boring. I ddidn't manage to level mine past 25 but had a chance at playing end-game warrior and hmm it's just meh. in pve it's about keeping aggro and being the meat shield, knowing the pulls and keeping your party alive. in pvp it's also about keeping your party alive while maybe sneaking in a kill.. it's a great time to pvp as warrior, they're quite op this season.

- rogue is a killing machine, there are a few viable builds for pve. you can chose single target damage or go with some aoe or even play more of a supporting role. high dodge decent health expensive gear and high pot comsumption, but if u can pot quickly i honestly don't find rogue very chalenging. but it's fun and effective! in pvp the lead the kill count, high dmg output .. fun to play solo as a sniper or in team play, but build wise is kind limited.. there's a winning build for a reason :) i play my rogue as regularly as my mage

- mage, my choice of class. gear is cheap but builds aren't. if you wanna enjoy all aspects of game you'll end up respecing often becase the class has very specific skills that are usefull on very specific scenarios.. i can think of at least 4 diff build purposes right away. mages are squishy, shield is a must. in pve hp pot consumption is high but not as much so as on rogue. it's fun to play crowd control and aoe dmg, where mages excel at, even tho a single target build is very possible (but not as effective as rogue). quite challenging to play pve: learn about optimizing pulls, timing of skills, skill rotation, where to position yourself, how to avoid aggro etc etc.. in pvp mages have had ups and downs, it's very unknown how changes will affect the class. it's a good time in pvp for mages right now, i feel it's well balanced between rogues and mages and equally difficult against warriors.

so it comes down to your play style really.. al is lots of fun but leveling up sucks! no wonder i''ve been amongst the first 50 to cap last 2 or 3 seasons lol

good luck and lemme know if you need anything :)

Fauksuras
01-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Warrior. Low risk high reward.
Braindead to pve, Braindead to pvp.

As an added bonus apparently they get a complimentary Maul and Samael.

About only downside is the Haunted AP and other similar timed APs.

Sheener
01-24-2014, 10:44 PM
I am a warrior. If my mythic armor and helm could be tradable then id move to my rogue for ebd game. Rogues r the best for end game pvp. If u cant do good on a rogue thats silly. Rogues r so easy.

Fauksuras
01-24-2014, 11:02 PM
I am a warrior. If my mythic armor and helm could be tradable then id move to my rogue for ebd game. Rogues r the best for end game pvp. If u cant do good on a rogue thats silly. Rogues r so easy.

Brother I play Rogue and War both at end game pvp. Rogues are masters at stealing kills no question, but when it comes to 1-1 Warriors are the best and heck even in groups they may not kill a lot (due to kill stealing) but they will survive.

Sheener
01-24-2014, 11:16 PM
Warriors r the best team players but... we are judged on kills and deaths... rogues r the best for that. I cant tell u how many times ive been ksed. If I was a rogue I bet id have 5 times the kills and maybe only 50 percant more deaths

Reunegade
01-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Okay cool! does anyone have a green santa set or winter rage set i could buy for sorc?

Trenton
01-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Winter Rage as in 2013's Winter Rage Set?

SayCreed
01-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Sweg.If u need rogue one tell mai I give free.
Lemme check if mate has one

Spyce
01-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Okay cool! does anyone have a green santa set or winter rage set i could buy for sorc?

I have 2 of each.
Offer?

Reunegade
01-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Sweg.If u need rogue one tell mai I give free.
Lemme check if mate has one
Ooh can I have rogue one pls? :D

Spyce
01-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Ooh can I have rogue one pls? :D

Skam mi wao.