PDA

View Full Version : Bring the fun back! STOP free flagging and noob farming in ctf.

Farmu
01-22-2014, 07:46 PM
As a PvP/CTF player it really annoys me when see free flagging rooms and rooms solely bent on farming noobs. It makes PvP extremely boring. If you've been in one of these rooms you probably know what I mean. I know people want the AP's but why give them away for free with no sport involved?
If you want kills go to tdm let's try and make CTF fun again, but it'll only work if we work together!

If you or your guild are interested in making this happen please leave a reply and talk to me in game ign Farmu.

becky_xil
01-22-2014, 08:11 PM
#twinkingismorefun

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Alhuntrazeck
01-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Lol. If you wanna play CTF just kill the flaggers. Theyll trashtalk you but at least you get a fighting room!

Sibayjing
01-22-2014, 08:35 PM
CTF become and peace and love room. too many compromises

I've tested to play with a devorer maul just for keep a fair and fun fight or sometimes flagging in waiting someone who will attack me first, for engage the fight. There are many players who like to kill under gear players...
And when I find someone who gang me, I equip arcane maul for a fair fight
Result: Player X ask forgiveness and beg me to stop -_- where your pride dude?

Please make something for CTF, I remembered the pvp CTF at lvl 21 cap, That was so fun, everyone kill everyone, no pity! People chasing the flagger all around the map

Farmu
01-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Problem is a lot of guilds just like to war which is fine if you like that but its basically who gets more members their team first

rodderickkkk
01-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes! People forgot the meaning of CAPTURE THE FLAG...and just try to get achievements and get into lb...y think it has a very simple solution...just ctf kills dont should count for achievement...there should be a number of kill in tdm and a number of flag for ctf...and even will be better if people enter ctf and partys not allowed...just random people there...noobs...pros...randomly

becky_xil
01-22-2014, 10:28 PM
CTF become and peace and love room. too many compromises

I've tested to play with a devorer maul just for keep a fair and fun fight or sometimes flagging in waiting someone who will attack me first, for engage the fight. There are many players who like to kill under gear players...
And when I find someone who gang me, I equip arcane maul for a fair fight
Result: Player X ask forgiveness and beg me to stop -_- where your pride dude?

Please make something for CTF, I remembered the pvp CTF at lvl 21 cap, That was so fun, everyone kill everyone, no pity! People chasing the flagger all around the map

This is the reason why I stop my endgame warrior and start a twinks.. End game ctf is fill with love.. hihi

Serancha
01-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Pheonix Guild supports this initiative.

Instanthumor
01-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Lol. If you wanna play CTF just kill the flaggers. Theyll trashtalk you but at least you get a fighting room!

This^ ... Is what I do.

Farmu
01-23-2014, 01:25 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134818-SUGGESTION-CTF-team-leader-board-games-lost-flags-dropped-counter-timed-rooms

Maybe something like this would help make ppl play ctf more or a weekly contest by lvl bracket

Alfai
01-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Like energi mentioned this will be fixed upon the flag ap completion.thing is this can get rough and complicated despicte going thru the facts how the game should be played.players are more interested to complete the ap thus earning a spot in lb.but good thing most avid players have almost completed this ap and hopefuly ctf will be restored soon enough.probably next season.

Daddyblu
01-23-2014, 06:16 AM

LOL nice idea...

Raymond05
01-23-2014, 06:53 AM
I haven't ever tried pvp yet since i capped my sorc. Seeing that it would be really hard to get kills and flags because i am a squishy sorc with pink equips and have no experience in fighting in pvp yet, i still wish that ctf would be restored to the fun and good old days just like what season 1 or 2 players are saying. I hope that STS community would find a way to stop players who free flag and kill farm and make them realize the fun that they are losing when doing those awful things.

Jig
01-23-2014, 08:34 AM
It better not turn into the crap go system like what happened in pocket legends

Raymond05
01-23-2014, 08:42 AM
What is the crap go system?? Sorry. I don't play PL. :-)

Jig
01-23-2014, 08:45 AM

Ugh... Dont worry... In pocket legends pvp is much different.

Begomnah
01-23-2014, 11:47 AM
CTF no free flags. Its 2 guild full myth with arcan pet kill new playr with leg armor and weapon.
Ctf chat:
ooooooo hi dude
hi dude
i can kill this noob?
Yes, im going flag and dont help him
Ty dude
Np
And no free flags not give old ctf. Maybe no join in CTF?

Sibayjing
01-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Let's make a movement of flag protectors

If there are other people who are not afraid by anything, I'm ready to protect my flag like my girldfriend.
I do not care about the consequences, If I log into the game and join the ctf room, this is for fun, no pity, I want one thing: kill my enemy x)

Alfai
01-23-2014, 07:17 PM
If they don't introduce new pvp content next season u shud be seeing much less flagrooms.most are dying to complete this ap bfore season ends

Farmu
01-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Let's make a movement of flag protectors

If there are other people who are not afraid by anything, I'm ready to protect my flag like my girldfriend.
I do not care about the consequences, If I log into the game and join the ctf room, this is for fun, no pity, I want one thing: kill my enemy x)

I like this idea. I actually made a guild after I posted this thread for ppl who want to play true CTF but could turn it into a flag protector guild lol xD

If they don't introduce new pvp content next season u shud be seeing much less flagrooms.most are dying to complete this ap bfore season ends

I hope your right I keep forgetting its the end of a season >.<

wvhills
01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
I started protecting flag too. I'm attacking everyone I see who tries to take it unless it's a guild mate or a close friend.
Yes, it's cheap but no different/cheaper than just running from flag room to flag room getting free flags.

Sheener
01-24-2014, 11:37 PM
I want ctf to change too. Please. This game used to be so much fun. Now I am getting bored

Sheener
01-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Sts do something with pvp im sure u r losing hundreds of ppl every day

Alfai
01-24-2014, 11:45 PM
What would puzzled me is when people are asking why are they being killed in pvp room.
Thats a big problem.

Farmu
01-25-2014, 12:45 AM
So I made a guild solely focused on playing CTF its open level and not a guild war brawler guild pm me in game if you'd like to join and have fun playing CTF ! The name of the guild is <CTF REVIVAL>

Jig
01-25-2014, 12:54 AM
What would puzzled me is when people are asking why are they being killed in pvp room.
Thats a big problem.

It's confusing at times, you don't get attacked, or you do get attacked, if you attack someone, they're wtf why rush? or they go along with it, or they attack you when everyone is not ffaing lol... its a messed up pvp and I really could not have the patience for it. TDM is where it's at right now... Only thing I hate is ganging and the dumb troll at times

Ravager
01-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Pheonix Guild supports this initiative.

I second that. I already do this most of the time and yes, it does convert many rooms to fight rooms

Ravager
01-25-2014, 02:27 AM
I started protecting flag too. I'm attacking everyone I see who tries to take it unless it's a guild mate or a close friend.
Yes, it's cheap but no different/cheaper than just running from flag room to flag room getting free flags.

Keep up the good work.

Serancha
01-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Like energi mentioned this will be fixed upon the flag ap completion.thing is this can get rough and complicated despicte going thru the facts how the game should be played.players are more interested to complete the ap thus earning a spot in lb.but good thing most avid players have almost completed this ap and hopefuly ctf will be restored soon enough.probably next season.

As I replied in another thread, the people going for their large flag ap's now are only the first generation of people who have got all other game ap's already. With over 10,000 guilds in the game, and 17k players at level cap, there are countless players who have not even started pvp yet, and many who are also only partway through their pvp ap's at this time.

Just because the most well known names are working to complete their flags now, does not mean there will not be more and more people doing the same thing soon. As the game's lifetime goes on, and more people complete pve ap's and get competitively geared, they will be jumping into the arena thirsty for the same ap's.

I have well over 100 people in Pheonix who are near or at this point, which means many other guilds have as many or more (considering our relatively small size). These players are just as "avid" as those currently flagging, the only difference is that they found this game 6-8 months later than those of us who started over a year ago.

This problem will not be resolved soon. This is only the beginning.

Limsi
01-25-2014, 10:38 AM
As I replied in another thread, the people going for their large flag ap's now are only the first generation of people who have got all other game ap's already. With over 10,000 guilds in the game, and 17k players at level cap, there are countless players who have not even started pvp yet, and many who are also only partway through their pvp ap's at this time.

Just because the most well known names are working to complete their flags now, does not mean there will not be more and more people doing the same thing soon. As the game's lifetime goes on, and more people complete pve ap's and get competitively geared, they will be jumping into the arena thirsty for the same ap's.

I have well over 100 people in Pheonix who are near or at this point, which means many other guilds have as many or more (considering our relatively small size). These players are just as "avid" as those currently flagging, the only difference is that they found this game 6-8 months later than those of us who started over a year ago.

This problem will not be resolved soon. This is only the beginning.

I remember reading some sort of dilemma which took place in P.L. It was basically an established norm there to say "go" before attacking to give respect to your opponent by allowing him to be ready as you are about to attack. This made sure that a small clash would be "fair". The community accepted this practice and then passed on from generations to generations of pvp players which led to numerous complaints of the violators of this "unspoken rule". So yep, it basically ended the straight-up killing and one would be judged (stoned to death) when he is not a practitioner. They were called "rushers"

It's the same thing that's happening to the CTF now. The very crystal clear objective of the good ole' game CTF is history! An incurable disease similar to the bubonic plague haha

Sibayjing
01-25-2014, 10:39 AM
I always say in ctf room, don't touch my flag! You can also kill me when I take your flag.

Btw, I don't understand people complaining about ganging when they take flag. When you steal something in a team, It is normal that all enemy want to kill you.

Imagine in real life, someone steal a jewel and the thief ask to police officers a 1v1...

Ravager
01-25-2014, 02:39 PM
I always say in ctf room, don't touch my flag! You can also kill me when I take your flag.

Btw, I don't understand people complaining about ganging when they take flag. When you steal something in a team, It is normal that all enemy want to kill you.

Imagine in real life, someone steal a jewel and the thief ask to police officers a 1v1...

Haha. So true. When I used to flag, I expected to be attacked and ganged. Theres even an alert message notifying everyone that I have the flag. That means go protect me or go kill me depending on the side youre on.

Many people get gear that costs them millions and millions of gold so they can pvp. Whats the point of high end gear if you are not supposed to be attacked when flagging?

Give me your gear and ill consider not attacking you while you free flag this season.

Joncheese
01-27-2014, 08:22 AM
I support this.

epicrrr
01-27-2014, 09:38 AM
"Free flagging and Farm noobs" the very essence of CTF, take that away mind as well remove PVP entirely. Blame the players not the system.

Ravager
01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Its hard for a warrior to kill a warrior free flagger in time too.

LOL kill all free flaggers :P

all of you are welcome to kill me when im flagging i dont mind :P

Ya I know. Thats why I said its hard.

becky_xil
01-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Which is why I chose to twink

Zynzyn
01-27-2014, 12:06 PM
As a PvP/CTF player it really annoys me when see free flagging rooms and rooms solely bent on farming noobs. It makes PvP extremely boring.

You should twink at lvl (12). Blood-thirst in the pvp rooms.

conradev
01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
My fury is unbounded. Nothing will touch my flag without terror. Not friends, guildmates...not even myself...I kill myself if I suspect that I am trying to capture my own flag.

Galaxy Note 3

Alfai
01-27-2014, 05:30 PM
did i say im harmed??

Thot u dont care.
Funny guy.of all screenies..

Dont worry.the world will know the real u soon.as most hv known previously
#beaspartcz

Limsi
01-28-2014, 09:04 AM
No derailing please! We don't want to see another effort to promote fairness go futile.

Ravager
01-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Whim and vixen work great when flag guarding. Make sure to grab the powerups even if you dont need them.

Aiyana
01-29-2014, 07:14 AM
when you arrive into a room you should motivate the players to have a battle. and say a friendly battle, that way you don't have any drama. If they say flag room respect it and leave (10k of flags is very hard to get). Im not a op rouge, but I believe im a skillful player. Yes, there has been times during battle ive been told to leave. So wat, I dont get offended I leave and respect the other player. I try my best to not angry in pvp. But it tends to happen, my best solution is to leave. Its not a good idea to stay there and cause more conflict. Lately wat I do is vs, it makes friends with ppl. And learn there strategies, best way to communicate with players is vs. During vs I dont make someone feel bad buz they cant beat me. I try my best to teach them how to play better. For instance I was playing in a room watching hawk fight ctf. It was back and forth between them. A good fight so I said can I try? And hawk let me of course I got my butt kicked lol. But I learned from his playing, also venom was there he was very nice. Taught me a few things cuz I couldnt kill him. Talk to players and voice ur opinion, maybe it will change :)

Alfai
01-29-2014, 07:41 AM
when you arrive into a room you should motivate the players to have a battle. and say a friendly battle, that way you don't have any drama. If they say flag room respect it and leave (10k of flags is very hard to get). Im not a op rouge, but I believe im a skillful player. Yes, there has been times during battle ive been told to leave. So wat, I dont get offended I leave and respect the other player. I try my best to not angry in pvp. But it tends to happen, my best solution is to leave. Its not a good idea to stay there and cause more conflict. Lately wat I do is vs, it makes friends with ppl. And learn there strategies, best way to communicate with players is vs. During vs I dont make someone feel bad buz they cant beat me. I try my best to teach them how to play better. For instance I was playing in a room watching hawk fight ctf. It was back and forth between them. A good fight so I said can I try? And hawk let me of course I got my butt kicked lol. But I learned from his playing, also venom was there he was very nice. Taught me a few things cuz I couldnt kill him. Talk to players and voice ur opinion, maybe it will change :)

Finally.very positive honest and humble opinion.i like it.

Emmacheese
01-29-2014, 07:44 AM
Finally.very positive honest and humble opinion.i like it.

Haha you got there before me Alf ;-) but I agree (maybe not with the flagging) but we all have our opinions, and Aiyana has made a very positive post +1!!!

Joncheese
01-29-2014, 08:58 AM

Agree with Alf and Emma, this is a positive response. Like Emma said only thing i disagree with is the flag side of things, and only because IMO its a daft AP. When i enter a room now and see someone say 'i'm flagging' i simply reply with, 'ok, but if you dont have the flag im gonna try and kill you, nothing personal'. It kinda works, yes people get a bit stressed with me sometimes but this is PVP at the end of the day and it has to be expected. After all is said i get attacked if i try and flag and i don complain, you just kill and get even. This is the only game i have played where these sort of rules exist.... games like order and chaos online are a great example. With these sorts of games your quests run along side the PVP zone, meaning you can get killed whilst you are doing your dailies etc. Makes it a lot more fun and a hell of a lot more interesting.

There are a lot of friendly people in PVP, but there are also a lot of whiners who feel that they shouldnt be killed. Sorry guys but you need reality check, like the tiltle says its Player vs Player, not Player vs Flag. Someone in a game with me yesterday shouted 'isnt the object to capture the flag'...... i couldnt agree more.

Zynzyn
01-29-2014, 09:05 AM

+1 for your views.
If only more people had your attitude.

KahunaJake
01-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Hello guys lets try to keep this thread constructive and avoid any flaming/trolling. Thanks

Ravager
01-29-2014, 05:01 PM

Agree with Alf and Emma, this is a positive response. Like Emma said only thing i disagree with is the flag side of things, and only because IMO its a daft AP. When i enter a room now and see someone say 'i'm flagging' i simply reply with, 'ok, but if you dont have the flag im gonna try and kill you, nothing personal'. It kinda works, yes people get a bit stressed with me sometimes but this is PVP at the end of the day and it has to be expected. After all is said i get attacked if i try and flag and i don complain, you just kill and get even. This is the only game i have played where these sort of rules exist.... games like order and chaos online are a great example. With these sorts of games your quests run along side the PVP zone, meaning you can get killed whilst you are doing your dailies etc. Makes it a lot more fun and a hell of a lot more interesting.

There are a lot of friendly people in PVP, but there are also a lot of whiners who feel that they shouldnt be killed. Sorry guys but you need reality check, like the tiltle says its Player vs Player, not Player vs Flag. Someone in a game with me yesterday shouted 'isnt the object to capture the flag'...... i couldnt agree more.

Yeah I still run into people who will look to the flag as a sanctuary when it is the opposite.

Alhuntrazeck
01-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I basically quit CTF. I don't play it unless to hop on and grab a flag or too. Its all TDM for me. Sad that its gone this way...
I try killing flatters but they're often maulers and the like...and I'm a part-mythic mage :/

Jig
01-31-2014, 01:34 AM
I basically quit CTF. I don't play it unless to hop on and grab a flag or too. Its all TDM for me. Sad that its gone this way...
I try killing flatters but they're often maulers and the like...and I'm a part-mythic mage :/

I know how you feel bro :/ ctf is destroyed, but for me mages suck already so I cant even tdm unless i farm like a complete no life for days and somehow earn 10m and get at least some mythic and still have a slight chance of winning in a fight in tdm.. Just seems not worth it :/

falmear
01-31-2014, 03:07 AM
I support free flagging until new APs are added. Until there are APs such as flags returned/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers, and matches won to name a few. There is no incentive to stop free flagging. Because going on and killing someone and possibly ganging them in my mind doesn't constitute a CTF game. A CTF game is where 2 evenly match teams try to win by scoring more points. If STS feels like the status quo is fine by them then its fine with me. They have had 5 seasons to implement more APs and nothing has been done. So this is why we are here, due to their inaction. We can blame ourselves but we are driven by in game incentives and when there is none, then this is what we get. So until something changes in game, I will let people flag freely.

Jig
01-31-2014, 05:12 AM
I support free flagging until new APs are added. Until there are APs such as flags returned/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers, and matches won to name a few. There is no incentive to stop free flagging. Because going on and killing someone and possibly ganging them in my mind doesn't constitute a CTF game. A CTF game is where 2 evenly match teams try to win by scoring more points. If STS feels like the status quo is fine by them then its fine with me. They have had 5 seasons to implement more APs and nothing has been done. So this is why we are here, due to their inaction. We can blame ourselves but we are driven by in game incentives and when there is none, then this is what we get. So until something changes in game, I will let people flag freely.

People don't flag because there is not enough AP's, it is because of the certain achievement StS made to make free flagging. They need to remove that AND add more

falmear
01-31-2014, 03:08 PM
People don't flag because there is not enough AP's, it is because of the certain achievement StS made to make free flagging. They need to remove that AND add more

You can leave the flagging AP and add more APs like the ones I suggested. Right now the only APs which separate people are the flags APs. If more APs were introduced then people would have to spend their time earning those APs. Which means less time flagging. And if APs were introduced that were for returning flags/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers and matches won then people would have to play CTF. Because you end up giving incentives for both sides of the equation. Right now the only incentive is to score flags. Because of the current situation I won't be attacking any flaggers.

Striderevil
01-31-2014, 05:04 PM
The easiest thing would be to create a circular kill zone about the size of abbadons arcane reach around the Flag carrier. Whoever is not within the flag carriers kill zone cannot be killed. So spawn kills and kills without actually going after the flag will be made useless. This will promote actual CTF play.

Jig
01-31-2014, 09:46 PM
You can leave the flagging AP and add more APs like the ones I suggested. Right now the only APs which separate people are the flags APs. If more APs were introduced then people would have to spend their time earning those APs. Which means less time flagging. And if APs were introduced that were for returning flags/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers and matches won then people would have to play CTF. Because you end up giving incentives for both sides of the equation. Right now the only incentive is to score flags. Because of the current situation I won't be attacking any flaggers.

Yeah well whenever your in a ctf match, and there are other players playing, they're obviously going to flag not go for kills -__- any pvp achievement out there will make PvPers team gang with friends and boost... Adding more yes will distract SOME depending what ap they choose to do

extrapayah
01-31-2014, 11:21 PM
well, i guess all pvp stats should be only maintained weekly or monthly (resets every week or every month)

and all the achievement should be made by weekly or monthly base, definitely will those players tired easily

this is only if you/sts think that free flagging/noob farming bothers you a lot

Serancha
02-02-2014, 05:35 AM
....stats should be only maintained weekly or monthly (resets every week or every month)

and all the achievement should be made by weekly or monthly base.......

This ^^

I wouldn't say ALL achievements, but achievements that take hundreds of hours of running like a hamster on a wheel make no sense.

This game is supposed to keep people interested, stimulated and involved. The disaster PVP has become is because 5K/10K flags is the only "goal" left for most of the top players in the game. If there is nothing else ongoing one can do to "be competitive", it is certain that the lifespan of this product is finite. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging. Carrying something across a room 10,000 times takes no skill, and the only challenge is whether you can be stubborn or bored enough to waste that much of your life.

I also agree totally with season based leaderboards (relevant point raised elsewhere) for all categories. Or else keep people involved by making it so the people who spent the most weeks ON the leaderboard in a season are the ones awarded. As it stands now, people can take 80% of the season off and then come back, flag for 6 weeks or get a pair of nice blades join a run with someone who has worked out the routes for them, and be rewarded - that's counterproductive on all counts. It would keep people involved and interested if they had to earn their right to that board the entire season, not just the last hour of the 6 month period.

Jig
02-02-2014, 06:38 AM
This ^^

I wouldn't say ALL achievements, but achievements that take hundreds of hours of running like a hamster on a wheel make no sense.

This game is supposed to keep people interested, stimulated and involved. The disaster PVP has become is because 5K/10K flags is the only "goal" left for most of the top players in the game. If there is nothing else ongoing one can do to "be competitive", it is certain that the lifespan of this product is finite. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging. Carrying something across a room 10,000 times takes no skill, and the only challenge is whether you can be stubborn or bored enough to waste that much of your life.

I also agree totally with season based leaderboards (relevant point raised elsewhere) for all categories. Or else keep people involved by making it so the people who spent the most weeks ON the leaderboard in a season are the ones awarded. As it stands now, people can take 80% of the season off and then come back, flag for 6 weeks or get a pair of nice blades join a run with someone who has worked out the routes for them, and be rewarded - that's counterproductive on all counts. It would keep people involved and interested if they had to earn their right to that board the entire season, not just the last hour of the 6 month period.

Take away 5k and 10k achievements, keep smaller achievements. PROBLEM SOLVED

Daddyblu
02-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Nah the solution is kill all free floggers.

including me XD but i will naturally fight back :)

so its ok :)

Aikyorx
02-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Well...there aren't many flaggers u see in lvl25-29 but most of the time you see them flagging mainly because of

-Newbies who didn't know how to play or just lvled, and not adapted to the changes

-The game is ending for guild wars and no one objects to it

-Trying to get the Flagging Achivement, but even though you will still be killed by others

In CTF most pros didn't want to end the game probably because

-They want to farm all of the weaklings

-Its not over yet, more people are coming

In TDM is a FFA ( free for all ) as you can kill and KS whatever you want and no one actually stops you.

Jig
02-03-2014, 05:09 AM

so its ok :) Killing all flaggers is going to do nothing at all mate hah ....

Ravager
02-04-2014, 02:16 AM

so its ok :) Killing all flaggers is going to do nothing at all mate hah ....

He meant all the free ones. Why wouldn't it do anything? I'm enjoying my results so far.

Jig
02-04-2014, 02:41 AM
Well, if you wanna do it then please ! :)

But not when you get ganged because your team won't help because your stopping their friends from free flagging xD

falmear
02-04-2014, 02:58 AM
He meant all the free ones. Why wouldn't it do anything? I'm enjoying my results so far.

It won't do anything because it doesn't make people play CTF. If that is what your goal is. And in fact you aren't playing CTF, you and possibly others just attacking one person. The people on their teams aren't protecting the flagger and their goal isn't to win the match. Obviously to STS its not important enough to fix. Like I stated previously they could have introduced more APs but they haven't. Nothing wrong to attack flaggers but its not accomplishing anything if you want people to play CTF. People just leave the room and go find another where they can free flag. And when I did 1k flags in about 1 week I found a lot of rooms which were 5 people on each team flagging. And I was lucky to get 1 flag sometimes. So you may enjoy your results but nothing has changed or will change until APs are introduced that encourage playing CTF. Until STS takes some action then I won't bother going into CTF and stay in TDM. This is a problem where it has to get worse before it can get better.

Ravager
02-04-2014, 10:34 AM

It won't do anything because it doesn't make people play CTF. If that is what your goal is. And in fact you aren't playing CTF, you and possibly others just attacking one person. The people on their teams aren't protecting the flagger and their goal isn't to win the match. Obviously to STS its not important enough to fix. Like I stated previously they could have introduced more APs but they haven't. Nothing wrong to attack flaggers but its not accomplishing anything if you want people to play CTF. People just leave the room and go find another where they can free flag. And when I did 1k flags in about 1 week I found a lot of rooms which were 5 people on each team flagging. And I was lucky to get 1 flag sometimes. So you may enjoy your results but nothing has changed or will change until APs are introduced that encourage playing CTF. Until STS takes some action then I won't bother going into CTF and stay in TDM. This is a problem where it has to get worse before it can get better.

Ive had 3 results usually.

They leave.
I end up being ganged but it turns into a fight room.
I get ganged and they escort the flagger.

All cases, it makes the room more fun. A lot more fun than joining a room and finding out its a flag room and then sitting in the middle waiting and waiting ....for nothing.

Farmu
02-04-2014, 07:29 PM
I've actually stopped playing because of this.. It's boring and not worth while playing pvp anymore. I won't be playing again til update and I hope to god sts can do something with pvp. I think it would be pretty simple(tho I'm not a tech guy) to add a 3min timer to close rooms. Even more fun would be removing the ability to join rooms already started and limiting chat in the rooms to pt or guild chat. Also add some on going APS for pvp kinda like they have in battle command/dragons. I love the way they reward with premium currency for certain achievements.

I.e. 1st accomplishment-kill 10 mage get 1ap/plat/gold(or whatever add valor points for pvp only)
2nd accomplishment- kill 25mage get 5 reward
3rd kill 50 get ... And so on...

STS THIS IS A QUESTION DIRECTLY TO YOU- why cant there be a rank system similar to the battle series. You guys made it there and its great! Why not here ???

Edit

I am willing to give this another try to see how this plays out- Thank you Delphina for adding your new contest to pvp !

falmear
02-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Ive had 3 results usually.

They leave.
I end up being ganged but it turns into a fight room.
I get ganged and they escort the flagger.

All cases, it makes the room more fun. A lot more fun than joining a room and finding out its a flag room and then sitting in the middle waiting and waiting ....for nothing.

Seems like the only thing that is being accomplished is ganging. I am for friendly fair fights in CTF of equally matched teams. If there are any such things then feel free to invite me. But I believe this is something even rarer then arcane in this game.

Puntus
02-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Have to say now ppl fight more than 1 month ago , for example , yesterday and today I found all fight rooms , I enjoy again in Ctf.
Dont care if i get ganged , fight its allways more funny than take 1 flag x day.

baddiva
02-11-2014, 11:02 PM

I often found that's not possible... There's lots of compromises and friendship on pvp room.. even my teammates didn't care if i get farmed... Lol...

If there is any guild who killed their guildmates when they're opposes each other, then i'll start to believe pvp would be fun again

Ravager
02-12-2014, 12:56 AM

I often found that's not possible... There's lots of compromises and friendship on pvp room.. even my teammates didn't care if i get farmed... Lol...

If there is any guild who killed their guildmates when they're opposes each other, then i'll start to believe pvp would be fun again

<Pheonix> does not care. I choose not to attack my guildmates most of the time but in tdm, clashes or even randomly ill kill my guildmates. My guildmates will even attack me in their legendary gear sometimes. Its all for fun. We just approve of repeated farming or ganging of fellow guildmates.

baddiva
02-12-2014, 01:36 AM
<Pheonix> does not care. I choose not to attack my guildmates most of the time but in tdm, clashes or even randomly ill kill my guildmates. My guildmates will even attack me in their legendary gear sometimes. Its all for fun. We just approve of repeated farming or ganging of fellow guildmates.

then i shall find pvp room with <Pheonix> ppl...

Waug
02-12-2014, 04:54 AM

hey jig, lowl thrs no 'go', am I wasting my time in pl, nvm I wanna waste , anyway

Endkey
02-12-2014, 05:51 AM
Some people let me flag, but when i kill them..they go all "why me..i let u flag"
The thing they do is they give some abuses to me and my "infamous" guild and leave the game...thinking that they did nothin wrong while i was the one who did..
Its not free flags...once in my al life i wanna really play CTF and ravagerx is one of the few guys who are actually implementing this...Dnt expect me to go past u without attackin or killing u...and always be ready for a clash..

Jig
02-15-2014, 07:52 PM
hey jig, lowl thrs no 'go', am I wasting my time in pl, nvm I wanna waste , anyway

Huh? Wow I am not even going to waste my time

Serancha
02-15-2014, 10:27 PM

That would be "don't" approve of farming or ganging guildmates.

Rav you're getting old - a year ago you'd be screaming vengeful blood the minute I entered the arena.

I think Rav chooses not to fight guildies a lot because he is pretty OP compared to most people. However, most of our guild does play member vs member in pvp - often intentionally. Learning by fighting against friends is a lot more fun than getting ganged by a bunch of jerks.

katish
02-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Pretty op indeed! 2 vs rav and we couldn't kill him :)