PDA

View Full Version : Mage(PL) VS Sorc(AL)

Cero
01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Sorcs are most like full INT Mages in PL, with the widest array of AoE and DoT skills. Sorcs are a squishy class, but as with Mana Shield in PL, they have a shielding capability which makes this class challenging, but fun. Depending on how you set up your skills, this can be the lowest maintenance class in the game, but it feels like you are always walking the razors edge between one-hit deaths and god-like crowd control and DoT. Sorcs require great gear to be effective, but gear for this class are the least expensive.

I don't play PL but i would like to understand the difference between the two for PvP point of views.
Can someone explain the pros and con of the two classes on each Legend?

Impact
01-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Mages in pl are op with timing right such as heal ranges etc, but if a single mistake is made such as being pulled into a bears beckon then mage dies very fast unless the perfectly time mana shield, the shield that saves you for a while at the cost of your mana. Atm after the great nerf, at low lvls mages require max heal to survive and are very weak vs str classes

I dont play al much but i know sorcerers can't beat most tanks 1v1 same thing is in pl atm depending on lvl

Trenton
01-23-2014, 11:56 AM
A full int mage is squishy at endgame like a sorcerer in AL. They are great and kill fast, but a tank at endgame is gonna destroy them unless they're very skilled. In CTF, mages are wonderful because they can revive you, and their heal cool down is 3 sec. They do great against all classes but bears, and right now endgame is full of pallies (strength mages using bear gear) because they're super op. At twink levels, mages can pretty much wreck any class no matter what, with the exceptions of rly good players and luck. Before PL's PvP got screwed up, mages were the most op in endgame, being able to tank out bears with their wand and shield sets. Pretty much with the unbalanced PvP we have in PL atm, intmages are about where sorcerers are in PvP. If you have any more specific questions, I'm sure I could answer, I doubt I answered your question above :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cero
01-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Impact seems to answer the "mana shield".
Sounds like a good Mage ability.

@tren,
Knowing some pros(3secs heal) makes me wonder what other good skills does Mage(PL) do.

Zeus
01-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Impact seems to answer the "mana shield".
Sounds like a good Mage ability.

@tren,
Knowing some pros(3secs heal) makes me wonder what other good skills does Mage(PL) do.

They should honestly replace the current shield with mana shield. IMO, it'll be a much better alternative and greatly increase a mage's survivability but still keep him squishy if the shield is down (just like how it is in PL).

Trenton
01-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Well, mages can use knock-back skills for making other enemies miss their shots. Take firestorm for example. Firestorm doesn't give a stun, but instead knocks back the opponent to where the opponent (if they got hit) IS going to miss their skill that they used. Mages also have hit% debuffs, considering in PL, characters have a specific hit%. Bears with savage set (endgame set) get about 102-106 hit%, making them never miss. With a mage, you can use 3 spells to knock their hit% down. I can't remember the specifics, but I believe frost, lightning, and weakness kill their hit%, making a bear have around 20 hit%, making it entirely impossible for them to hit anything, unless they dodge it. Lightning is also an always AoE attack in PL. There's so many random things that are pluses to a mage in PL >.> I gtg now but I can post more later. I also think that Zeus's idea of mana shield for sorcerers in AL is fantastic, considering sorcerers don't need 6k mana haha >.>

Solid
01-23-2014, 05:27 PM
You can't compare AL to PL, nothing is the same, its like comparing football to water polo.

Impact
01-23-2014, 05:36 PM
You can't compare AL to PL, nothing is the same, its like comparing football to water polo.
True but they both need LOTS of fixing

Cero
01-24-2014, 08:57 AM

Well by comparing the two yiu can see which one is better. Tren said Mage(PL) has 3 -hit% skills.
Sorc only has 1 from fiteball (-25%). It is also useless for -25% isnt enough to make enemy miss.

Also must remmber that AL is PL+DL.

Solid
01-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Well by comparing the two yiu can see which one is better. Tren said Mage(PL) has 3 -hit% skills.
Sorc only has 1 from fiteball (-25%). It is also useless for -25% isnt enough to make enemy miss.

In PL you can dodge skills, in PL a archer can use tank gear, in PL there are no pets, in PL a mage can revive you in PvP.

Hoardseeker
01-28-2014, 07:45 AM

in PL a mage can revive you in PvP.
Wow revive skill?Awesome!

Itoopeo
01-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Wow revive skill?Awesome! Lol.

I bet mage would win because of better heal and buffs

Trenton
01-28-2014, 05:03 PM
^I would honestly say all three classes in PL would win against all 3 classes in AL considering buffs and the crazy dodge. The only thing AL's got for em is the stuns ;)

Reunegade
01-28-2014, 05:54 PM
^I would honestly say all three classes in PL would win against all 3 classes in AL considering buffs and the crazy dodge. The only thing AL's got for em is the stuns ;)
Well,

AL has like 6000 HP warriors w/ 2000 armor and rogues have a bunch of critical and damage, so I wouldn't plan on PL's classes to win on dodge.

Trenton
01-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Well,

AL has like 6000 HP warriors w/ 2000 armor and rogues have a bunch of critical and damage, so I wouldn't plan on PL's classes to win on dodge. Yet PL has crit too, and they can't dodge. PL can hit debuffs ;)

Reunegade
01-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Yet PL has crit too, and they can't dodge. PL can hit debuffs ;)
Debuffs would be effective if it were a % debuff.

Trenton
01-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Debuffs would be effective if it were a % debuff.

Blind, crushing blow, weakness

Reunegade
01-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Blind, crushing blow, weakness

Yes, but after the debuff, still who would win?

GoodSyntax
01-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Mage from PL wins.

Drain > 5k DMG....GF :-)

Reunegade
01-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Mage from PL wins.

Drain > 5k DMG....GF :-)
Well, drain max w/ elite branch + critical + party buffs from all other classes can only reach up to about 1200, correct me if I am wrong.

Not enough to kill an endgame full mythic warrior.

Impact
01-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Pl:At cap, str endgamers have around 40 crit and dodge, 25 m/s and h/s, 12 nuke skills, and op skill effects and combos "hit debuff, armour debuff etc"
Al: at cap rogues stats compare to pl, warriors and sorcerer stats don't stand a chance, weapons are even, and 4 skills -.-
I think pl wins this one and im not even including rhino and fox in this "war"

Itoopeo
01-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Lets look at Hellscream of bears: -60 Hit% and also reduce to damage. In AL, every class has 100 hit%. HS stacks so bears keep AL guys in -20 hit% = they cant deal damage. AL Heals doesnt even clear debuffs so they have basically no change. Bears with buffed crit about 60 or 70 not sure, will nuke rogues and warriors pretty bad.

Solid
02-02-2014, 02:28 AM
We didn't even mentions PL's best part of PvP, COMBOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reunegade
02-02-2014, 10:19 AM
We didn't even mentions PL's best part of PvP, COMBOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Lel. U fanny,

Solid
02-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Lel. U fanny,

Mann dei cembas war dah funnast pert ef pe be pe

Reunegade
02-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Mann dei cembas war dah funnast pert ef pe be pe
Well nowadays all you need to do is click 2 skills and win.

Solid
02-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Well nowadays all you need to do is click 2 skills and win.

On PL?

Reunegade
02-02-2014, 11:51 AM
On PL?
Yep.