PDA

View Full Version : Elite Captain Krom Map-Double Boss

Freuzidicu
01-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Dear STS,
This is not the first time I have encountered this problem on Elite Captain Krom (Undim Fields). There seems to be a double boss glitch. Even through our efforts of trying to fight the "Real" Krom, the bosses swap health and make it virtually impossible to beat this map. Just thought you might like to know :)

Sceazikua
01-22-2014, 11:38 PM
It is possible to kill all 2 and get double reward after that. I myself encountered this once with 3 other guild mates (others have seen this many times) and managed to kill him in like 20 minutes. I didnt take screenshot because the drop wasnt very good (like usual krom but drops 2 times). You might want to check this, it is intended I think, check the line between 2 rerolls and also look at how sweet it could be (screenshot from a guild mate, not me) :)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46351&d=1384399175

Freuzidicu
01-23-2014, 02:16 AM
It is possible to kill all 2 and get double reward after that. I myself encountered this once with 3 other guild mates (others have seen this many times) and managed to kill him in like 20 minutes. I didnt take screenshot because the drop wasnt very good (like usual krom but drops 2 times). You might want to check this, it is intended I think, check the line between 2 rerolls and also look at how sweet it could be (screenshot from a guild mate, not me) :)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46351&d=1384399175
Thank you so much for this information! I will send the word along! :)

bhutkeyur
01-23-2014, 05:05 AM
This is really good bug - dont fix plz :)

Sceazikua
01-23-2014, 05:37 AM
As mentioned in my post I think it is not a "bug", it is intended to spawn 2 kroms because there is a message "Victory is yours" after defeating all 2. The problem is people wont want to grind whole map to find all 2, in my opinion there will always be 2 kroms in the map, we just need to find them :)

Raymond05
01-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Hi scea. Where have you been these days? I haven't seen you online yet this year (maybe because of different timezones too). Anyway, the pic you posted is a pic from the arena that is why there is a message "Victory is yours" because you have completed an arena run. But double krom is really not a glitch (i think). It just gives players 2 rewards/loots by killing both of them but it is still not always assured that the loots you get by killing 2 kroms are pinks. Many times that me and my guildmates encountered 2 kroms and we had crappy loot most of the time. We still had fun even if it is very challenging to defeat 2 kroms.

@Freuzidicu
The bosses don't swap health. You just think of that because you are fighting/hitting the two kroms at the same time that is why their you can see different healths because you don't hit them equally or give equal amount of damage for their health to be the same. :-)

Sceazikua
01-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi ray :) Sorry for not coming these days because I am currently leveling a warrior to 35 before the new cap comes. Ill come online with my sorc for some fun :)
Sorry I mistaken about the picture. I thought they were from Krom because someone in the guild thread talked about double krom, which made me didnt check carefully. Sorry again for spreading false information :)

Raymond05
01-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Ohh so that's the reason why. I also have a rogue and a warr but i am too lazy to level them up. Maybe i will have the spirit to level them up when double xp weekend comes (i wish). Goodluck to you and may you get great loots. :-)

GoodSyntax
01-23-2014, 07:55 AM
The Double Krom phenomenon is probably the most fun "glitch" in the game! I have encountered it dozens of time, and I enjoy it every single time.

I don't believe that it is a glitch, but rather a low probability spawn. I believe that since Krom's location is random (there are several places in Undim Fields that he is known to spawn at), each location rolls for whether he shows up at there. I suspect that in very, very rare cases, you could actually get three Kroms to spawn on this map, but I have personally never seen it.

In all honesty, when I look around, whenever I see two Kroms, my first though is always "Yes!!!!" not "OMG Bug!"

As far as what you are noticing when trying to kill Krom, when both are within range of the statues, they seem to alternate their shielding, meaning that one is always shielded, even when standing next to the statue. It looks like the shielded Krom changes after windup attacks. Admittedly, it does mess up your targeting, but if you clear up at least 4 statues, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Also, it is tremendously helpful to have Rogues with Noxious Bolt, since the poison can do damage, even when Krom is shielded. There have been times when we have run out of cleared statues to use so it was easier to just run around a cleared area firing Nox into him.

Raymond05
01-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Kali is right that the nox of rogues really help and i think the other skills of all classes deal damage too but very minimal when krom's shield is on. :-)