PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of Warriors in PVP

Omisace
01-23-2014, 12:16 PM
So lately I've been to pvp rooms just standing in spawn rooms waiting for someone to attack me. I have observed that warriors attack me more often than rogues do and if a rogue or even mythic rogue does enter for a fight I could fight decently or even win the fight. However with the case of warriors even an experienced, well equipped warrior with legendary gear can take me out with ease ( i'm not that noobish in pvp). Because of this I have become "afraid" of warriors in pvp especially 1v1 fights with them. I've become a coward that leaves the room if a warrior is to fight me 1v1. It seems like whenever a warrior sees a mage even with mythic gear he looks at it like an easy target. All these makes me feel like a free kill for warriors in pvp. Currently my build against warriors is this:
Passives are 5/5 int, 5/5 str and 4/5 dex
1. Fireball (4/5 no hit reduce)
2. Lightning (4/5 no spread)
3. Ice (2/5 with aoe only for pve)
4. Shield (4/5 no push-back)
I have 5/5 curse to swap for clashes/rogues/curse and lifegiver with mana heal to switch with shield/ice
I can't respec cause I don't have plats :P so I just need to work with what i've got. Any advice or guide on how to deal with warriors in pvp? Or should a sorcerer even try? :D

Striderevil
01-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Just run lol. A war with Jugger. could just keep dealing damage and if he has a stun or panic pet with maul its over. Problem is fighting a war is like fighting ina'nesh without the rage mode. Not only do they have high Hp but a lot of heal skills as well which makes it next to impossible for a damage over time dealer like mage to effectively deal damage over time without consistent freeze or consistent stun or root ability. The war will just keep hitting you till your stunned and dead. Lower mage armor at 1000 with no dodge than compared to any other class also makes them deal high damage against us than compared to other classes. Shield is nice to absorb damage but we are not tankers and it just delays the inevitable. The only way to kill a war is to stun and one shot or two shot him and since mages lack decent crit. values and even in critical hit the max they can hit wars is less than 3k with lightning its almost a cake walk for wars to slam mages everytime.

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey,
It's good to know that I'm not the only one with a phobia of fighting warriors!
Well I believe that after warriors 2 sec invulnerability you have exactly 13 seconds before the warrior will heal again. The first couple of seconds after the bubble has disappeared is time to deal more damage than the HoT which heals every 1.5 seconds. There is no way to kill a warrior 'quickly' so heal and shield and heal is a must but that leaves you with 2 offensive skills which is not enough to deal much damage and you will eventually lose. My preferred method is to do without heal and 'try' to go for a quick kill by using fire, ice, light and shield, which means i have 10 seconds (how long shield lasts if it isn't broken) to kill and bear in mind warriors stun more than mages do -.-

And yes warriors like to bully mages because we are squishy and they know that we won't deal enough damage to beat their HoT and in the long run mages will always lose. Without our shields we are sitting ducks. 100% warriors win against mages, I tend to just leave them and if they chase me I run away quick time :P

Energizeric
01-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately I've only found one single spec to deal with warriors: Lightning, Time, Shield, Heal. Then you use Ribbit Pet. Time keeps them somewhat planted, then you kite them and fire off Lightning together with Ribbit's crit boost, and you should be able to take them down. Unfortunately this combination of skills is pretty useless when dealing with rogues, so I rarely use it. But it does work like a charm.

kahel
01-23-2014, 05:20 PM
The best way to kill a tank is bring a rogue with you:dread:

Frekken
01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Well I'm not afraid of them at all. I've been able to kill some decent ones.
But it takes ages so... Nahh
Fighting a warrior 1n1 is depressive :-!

farizace99
02-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Fighting warriors is hard but can any of you guys tell me what is the best 4 skills to kill a tough and smart warrior? (For example I mean when the warrior knows that when curse is applied to them, they wont attack until the curse is dispersed.That is what I called smart warriors)

Frekken
02-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Fighting warriors is hard but can any of you guys tell me what is the best 4 skills to kill a tough and smart warrior? (For example I mean when the warrior knows that when curse is applied to them, they wont attack until the curse is dispersed.That is what I called smart warriors)

A smart warrior doesn't give a fkc about curse cuz never a warrior have died of curse, just doesn't work. They have a lot of hp and no much damage, so even reflected the damage isn't enough to do mayor issues,
I've heard some clock build... Never tested but having a 5th skill to swap leaves you with less passive points. Maybe add some of that 5th skill and put it on damage or str so you can survive decent wars

Personally I've killed a few with
Shield
Heal
Fb
Lightning
And using ethyl to get out of reach
And timing the stun of fb to get a few seconds and heal again

Feedback me

Instanthumor
02-07-2014, 02:43 AM
A smart warrior doesn't give a fkc about curse cuz never a warrior have died of curse

I had to lol at that.

Back on topic, try this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?136725-Guide-The-Mage-Kills-The-Maul!

And FYI Omniace, the hit reduce upgrade (I believe it is the last one) is arguably the most important upgrade on Fireball.

moot
02-07-2014, 03:44 AM
if warrior hunting me, its time for abaddon and I will switch the game from AL to temple run.

Xpell
02-23-2014, 11:01 PM
if warrior hunting me, its time for abaddon and I will switch the game from AL to temple run.

The weird gorilla/money chases you forever in that game, like a warrior..... until you die.

Primeblades
02-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately I've only found one single spec to deal with warriors: Lightning, Time, Shield, Heal. Then you use Ribbit Pet. Time keeps them somewhat planted, then you kite them and fire off Lightning together with Ribbit's crit boost, and you should be able to take them down. Unfortunately this combination of skills is pretty useless when dealing with rogues, so I rarely use it. But it does work like a charm.

Iv tried this spec before and its pretty good, the only difference is that i had fb instead of light but i think light would of been better. The major issue when i used this technique was that warriors would use shilo and could catch up to me -.- but i like it.