PDA

View Full Version : Samhayne and Swede please explain the curse skill for Sorcerers

Striderevil
01-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Many players playing mage chars were thankful for the shield skill explanation and I was wondering if you could please explain the curse skill. Due to the poor explanation given in the skill page. The skill states

Curse

- "Targets will take damage everytime they attack"

+ It does not say reflected damage and yet a lvl 36 mage cannot kill lower map goons with curse alone since high lvl mages due to their high armor don't receive damage from them. So assuming, its reflected...

- Words of Weakening - "Curse will reduce affected targets damage output by 10%"

+ If we assume its reflected damage then does this mean that the reflected damage is 10% less as well?

- Penetrating Curse -"Charged curse will cause the target to take additional 15% damage when attacking"

+ So again if its reflected does this mean that the 15% damage they are supposed to take is negated by the previous 10% reduced damage output of the cursed target to give just 5% damage?
+ Kind of a waste of 2 skill points to achieve just 5% additional damage

The next two additional upgrades are just range and number of targets affected which is self explanatory so I won't mention them here.

- How does this skill work when combined with shield?

+ If incoming damage is absorbed to a max point till shield breaks then is reflected damage of curse skill further reduced?

Please explain it as its really confusing.

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-23-2014, 01:44 PM
wow i had to read several paragraphs over and over. its very comprehensive lol. and yes i would like to know the the exact detail of how curse works. but ive always wondered whats the difference between a non charged curse and a charged curse :O

Energizeric
01-23-2014, 02:54 PM
I would like to know as well.

Robhawk
01-24-2014, 05:51 AM
just +1

iacito
01-24-2014, 06:54 AM
wow i had to read several paragraphs over and over. its very comprehensive lol. and yes i would like to know the the exact detail of how curse works. but ive always wondered whats the difference between a non charged curse and a charged curse :O
Theorically, a charged curse should last longer than a non-charged one(2 seconds longer).

iacito
01-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Also the devs mentiontioned that curse ignores armor.

drgrimmy
01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Ok just did some quick testing in one of the bards quests against sue:

Uncharged curse: damge 80's-100's
Uncharged curse with shield: damage 80's-100's
Charged curse: damage 140's-160's

So we can see here the damage is better with charged curse. Shield does nothing to the damage of curse. Also, I think that curse is just like the reflected damage of the wolf boss at mount spyr. It is too much of a coincidence that they behave similarly with reflected dot doing massive damage.

Striderevil
01-24-2014, 02:08 PM
So then how does words of weakening and penetrating curse behave? Charged curse seems to be giving approx. 50% extra damage on average (ty Grimmy). If I had a free respec maybe I could test and see if damage is more without words of weakening. Could really use the devs feedback concerning this skill.

Also wish we had the option to either respec skill or attribute points and not reset everything everytime.

Vjerevica
02-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Also wish we had the option to either respec skill or attribute points and not reset everything everytime.

:encouragement: