PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

largecommand
01-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Hi, I am a pretty old player in PL and I've known for a while that AL is a booming game...I want to move to AL for a bit and try it out. But I hated getting out of my comfort zone in PL. Because well I know every PvP build in PL, how to merch efficiently, farm etc.

Well now I want to try AL. In the comments below if you guys can be kind enough to leave tips and things to get me started. I.E where to farm to make gold, Good items, like the good useful pinks from PL, the current level cap...etc.

I am willing to put hours upon hours of farming if needed.

And something about locked crates...?

Thank you!

PS. People from PL are going to hate me...

Sheener
01-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Heres a good tip. Pay real money than get lucky on locked crates. Lol. Or just get to 35 or 36 and get lepre pendant and farm crates

largecommand
01-23-2014, 11:53 PM
Heres a good tip. Pay real money than get lucky on locked crates. Lol. Or just get to 35 or 36 and get lepre pendant and farm crates

Is locked crates farmable at a early level?

Sheener
01-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Many ways to make money. The easy and best ways require money first. Just like in real life.

Sheener
01-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Yes u can farm thembat early levels but its easier at higher levels bc u can 1 hit all mobs in brackenridge.

Trenton
01-24-2014, 12:11 AM
First off.. You don't need real money for being decent in AL. I payed about $30 of real money for this game, and it got me nowhere, but free offers did. Large, check out Good's thread that he just posted, many comments gave alot of help. I'll post some tips later, I gtg >.>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

xXz21
01-24-2014, 12:15 AM
First off.. You don't need real money for being decent in AL. I payed about $30 of real money for this game, and it got me nowhere, but free offers did. Large, check out Good's thread that he just posted, many comments gave alot of help. I'll post some tips later, I gtg >.>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

no U don't need money. but if u don't wanna pay u should play for 6-8 month to get mytic gear if u are lucky. and maybe 1-2 year to get something arcane item.

but if u pay 1000$ u can get all in 1 day or maybe loose 1000$ in 1 day.

u should get Lep before farm locked. Locked crate drop in any map just to kill the boss. a command u can use to join ''Solo'' in maps is /invparty 0000

best place to farm locked i think brackenridge and Kraken Mines 3 with lep or luck elixir. good luck!

ThePvpTwink
01-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Best place to farm for locked crates is brackenridge brackenridge, brackenridge mine, and kraken mine 3. Locked crates sell very quickly (within seconds) on the cs. Opening them cost 15 plat each and can be a win/lose.

Complete the daily bard quests for story tokens which can be used to buy eggs and inv/char/cs slots.

Rotate a few pets around rather than feeding them to save money.
Merching popular items like gems and locked can make easy and quick money.

Buying plat is not necessary, but a leprechaun pendant will help +15% reroll much like big luck in PL. You can prob buy in few days of merching gems/lock since only 200k gold

Zeus
01-24-2014, 12:44 AM
Ignore the trolls, it's really not hard to earn money in this game.

I've never really earned anything from opening locked crates and I've opened over 500. I know many others who have opened 100s as well with not a mythic item in sight. That's just the way it is. Locked crates are not a get rich quick scheme that everyone makes them out to be. 90% of the time, you will lose money opening them and will be better off selling them.

The truth is, you want to earn money by farming and merchanting - just as you do in PL. However, just like PL, since a new campaign is upon on - the prices on gear is extremely low. During the beginning of a campaign, you are able to earn 1m+ a day. As the campaign cycles through, that gold per day will steadily drop.

largecommand
01-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Ignore the trolls, it's really not hard to earn money in this game.

I've never really earned anything from opening locked crates and I've opened over 500. I know many others who have opened 100s as well with not a mythic item in sight. That's just the way it is. Locked crates are not a get rich quick scheme that everyone makes them out to be. 90% of the time, you will lose money opening them and will be better off selling them.

The truth is, you want to earn money by farming and merchanting - just as you do in PL. However, just like PL, since a new campaign is upon on - the prices on gear is extremely low. During the beginning of a campaign, you are able to earn 1m+ a day. As the campaign cycles through, that gold per day will steadily drop.

Thank you, it's PL all over again. I would like to be the "free-to-play" player until I'm more intrested in AL to spend real money. The migration from PL and AL is so big, might just be me though.

Rare
01-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Honestly, if you really want to have fun, for the first season you play, just forget you ever heard about mythic or arcane items. The game will be more enjoyable.

Hoardseeker
01-24-2014, 09:48 AM
First as I started PL I was confused with the item color rating...so,I like to explain it to you

Common(White)<Rare(Green)<Epic(Purple)<Legendary(Pinks)<Mythic(Orange)<Arcane(Red)

And for me the item chance are...
Common-34%
Rare-24%
Epic-19%
Legendary-14%
Mythic-7%
Arcane-2%

Mythic &Arcane cannot be looted directly from mobs or bosses only with plat and elite Chests & Locked Crates

Energizeric
01-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I'll just give you some random thoughts as I went through this same transition last year and I was an excellent merchant in PL....

1) Merching is a bit more difficult in AL due to the much higher 5% auction fee compared to only 1% in PL. So you really have to know your prices well in order to earn money merching. Just be patient. Remember how in PL you gradually learned the "set" items for each cap? Here in AL there are no "sets" (i.e. no set bonuses), so every item stands on its own merit. That sometimes makes things a bit more confusing. So just talk to people, and keep watching the auction and you will gradually become familiar with all the gear for each cap. Remember that we are only in the 4th expansion currently, so the game is not yet nearly as big as PL, so much less to learn.

2) AL is much more geared towards end game than PL. In PL you can farm twink levels for cool gear like the level 25 sand caves gear or the level 50 shadow cave gear, or even those level 5 & 10 rare crafting recipes. In AL all the "good" pinks drop in elite dungeons, and you cannot access those elite dungeons until you reach 1 level before cap (currently level 35). So other than farming for items like essences (for crafting) or locked crates, you won't be able to earn much by farming until you reach level 35.

3) In AL the elite dungeons scale up a couple of times after each expansion. So for example, the initial campaign that had a cap of level 16 and originally dropped elite gear at level 15/16 then scaled up to level 20 in the following expansion, and then after that to 25 where it now stays. Each campaign after seems to follow a similar pattern. What this means is that level 15/16 elite gear is now discontinued. Same goes for the original level 20/21 elite gear that dropped in the dead city. So basically the best elite legendary gear from each campaign becomes discontinued after the campaign ends.

There's much more to learn, but those are a few basic things to keep in mind that will help you along the way.

Sky_is_epicgearz
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=134754
I like this :)
And my own tip: find a good friend

Eearay
01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
First as I started PL I was confused with the item color rating...so,I like to explain it to you

Common(White)<Rare(Green)<Epic(Purple)<Legendary(Pinks)<Mythic(Orange)<Arcane(Red)

And for me the item chance are...
Common-34%
Rare-24%
Epic-19%
Legendary-14%
Mythic-7%
Arcane-2%

Mythic &Arcane cannot be looted directly from mobs or bosses only with plat and elite Chests & Locked Crates

lol. I thought mythic and arcane were desirable sets