PDA

View Full Version : Make All mythic equipments upgradeable and untradeable

Meguy
01-24-2014, 06:15 AM
Instead of making new items every season, and right now arcane are full items that is not used by people anymore. All of us knows that making of this items takes a lot time, that is why sts update of expansion is really slow. New items are good for merchants but not good for gameplay. Stop introducing new items instead make a better environment for people to play and not just merchant the whole time because it produce a lot more gold. This is a game and not a market, we are suppose to play.

Sceazikua
01-24-2014, 07:07 AM
From when were you unable to play with legendary gear?
One question: if STS hadnt let you upgrade your mythic to level 36, would you all beg for upgrade?
Now its the situation where they wont, so live with it. If they ever let people upgrade the items all the time, then whats the achievement (about gear) to accomplish? We just use the same set of gear from time to time without changing, wont we get so much bored especially when the skills are now not various with so many skill points so people just come in the battlefield with the same gear and the same skill set?

Meguy
01-24-2014, 08:25 AM
From when were you unable to play with legendary gear?
One question: if STS hadnt let you upgrade your mythic to level 36, would you all beg for upgrade?
Now its the situation where they wont, so live with it. If they ever let people upgrade the items all the time, then whats the achievement (about gear) to accomplish? We just use the same set of gear from time to time without changing, wont we get so much bored especially when the skills are now not various with so many skill points so people just come in the battlefield with the same gear and the same skill set?
Upgrade will always be a part of mmorpg and should be hard, new items should be lessen because it takes a lot of work and this game becames boring not because of the equips it is because the game story itself are far more short than other mmorpg and it just repeats itself. How many items do sts introduce each expansion? If all time are focus to improve and make a longer story and a quest that is worth our time then our level cap is not only 36 right now but a 99 that takes year to achieve the best gear and harder and challenging game experience. Why the market drops from 4 to 1 and sky rocket from 1 to 4? discontinuing items is the rare items? Rare items should be items that is very hard to obtain and not because it cannot be obtained. What am I doing right now? Hmmm just staying at the guild hall playing merchant.

faychen
01-24-2014, 08:42 AM
What am I doing right now?
I concentrate more on my work (irl) and login to AL to do story token, buy locked creates, sell twink stuffs, buy gems, socket gems, logout, count hrs, login, check upgrade slot, get free lix, do tedious brackendrige run if I got reroll lix.

Just like that.😄😄😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Meguy
01-24-2014, 08:50 AM
What am I doing right now?
I concentrate more on my work (irl) and login to AL to do story token, buy locked creates, sell twink stuffs, buy gems, socket gems, logout, count hrs, login, check upgrade slot, get free lix, do tedious brackendrige run if I got reroll lix.

Just like that.������

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I like the work thing :) Heheu but waiting means they got less gameplay to offer. Haha this is exactly what I do, instead of farming and hunting.

Ebezaanec
01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Instead of making new items every season, and right now arcane are full items that is not used by people anymore. All of us knows that making of this items takes a lot time, that is why sts update of expansion is really slow. New items are good for merchants but not good for gameplay. Hello? New items are what keep people playing? How does new items ruin gameplay?Stop introducing new items instead make a better environment for people to play and not just merchant the whole time because it produce a lot more gold. This is a game and not a market, we are suppose to play. Hello again? People farm for new items, therfore they PLAY...

Reaction in bold

Ebezaanec
01-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Upgrade will always be a part of mmorpg and should be hard, new items should be lessen because it takes a lot of work and this game becames boring not because of the equips it is because the game story itself are far more short than other mmorpg and it just repeats itself. How many items do sts introduce each expansion? STG is a small company. You can't just expect them to spend capital and produce new content in a snap.If all time are focus to improve and make a longer story and a quest that is worth our time then our level cap is not only 36 right now but a 99 that takes year to achieve the best gear and harder and challenging game experience. Why the market drops from 4 to 1 and sky rocket from 1 to 4? discontinuing items is the rare items? Rare items should be items that is very hard to obtain and not because it cannot be obtained. Rare items are hard to obtain, because they cannot be found easily. For example, what if Ferrari discontinued a type of car? What will happen in 20 years? It becomes rarer and therefore more expensiveWhat am I doing right now? Hmmm just staying at the guild hall playing merchant.I didn't know there was an auction in guild hall... Unless you count guild chat, idk

Reaction in bold once more

Meguy
01-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Reaction in bold once more I like the car thing... :) still this is a game, if this is the way to make an item rarer then people will just wait and just participate on this events instead of playing actively. Instead this items should be hard to get at all. In most games I played, can you get a boss items in one day or in just a month? the answers is no. Do they need to limit those items? the answer is no. In those game can you make a 100m in a month because of an event hoarding limited items? The answer is big no, because it is not fair for all. People quit, why? it is because they do not need those items, they need something to enjoy the game more. What sts offer is a 3 days journey to level cap 1 - 36 ? And what now? an hour to reach 36 to 41? The thing is there is no rare items in here just items discontinued. Why should people hunt? If discontinued items are something thats worth and why should I play if I just need to wait. Why newbie quit? because they need to farm locks which is boring on the long run just to have gold.

Rare
01-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Instead of making new items every season, and right now arcane are full items that is not used by people anymore. All of us knows that making of this items takes a lot time, that is why sts update of expansion is really slow. New items are good for merchants but not good for gameplay. Stop introducing new items instead make a better environment for people to play and not just merchant the whole time because it produce a lot more gold. This is a game and not a market, we are suppose to play.

But what would be the purpose of playing?

Meguy
01-24-2014, 11:14 AM
But what would be the purpose of playing?
A challenging map, and items which millionaires cannot easily get. Well you get my point even arcane items are gotten in one day after they are release, and then they will just discontinue them to make it rare. I also miss the part when all players hunt for one boss only and wait to kill it. Here we just kill the boss all over and over again. Maybe that is why no rare items in here. Imagine many players hunt for one boss, now thats rare and not an item discontinued.

Sceazikua
01-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Upgrade will always be a part of mmorpg and should be hard, new items should be lessen because it takes a lot of work and this game becames boring not because of the equips it is because the game story itself are far more short than other mmorpg and it just repeats itself. How many items do sts introduce each expansion? If all time are focus to improve and make a longer story and a quest that is worth our time then our level cap is not only 36 right now but a 99 that takes year to achieve the best gear and harder and challenging game experience. Why the market drops from 4 to 1 and sky rocket from 1 to 4? discontinuing items is the rare items? Rare items should be items that is very hard to obtain and not because it cannot be obtained. What am I doing right now? Hmmm just staying at the guild hall playing merchant.

Dont know what you were talking about in the post, seriously. You said the game is shorter and repeats itself? How would new items make this happen just because they are harder to obtain? You mean the same best items in many versions upgraded over time without changing does not "repeat itself"?
Everything needs changing, you know. Using the same gear all the time without "any" effort is lame isnt it?
Btw you still havent answered my question (in my first post), I doubt you care about it. Just because STS gave you one chance to make yourself better through an expansion without buying brand new, doesnt mean you can do that all the time. Have you ever wondered what if STS never gave you the opportunity to upgrade it to lvl 36, how would mythic armors and helms be now? It applys for the new expansion.

Meguy
01-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Dont know what you were talking about in the post, seriously. You said the game is shorter and repeats itself? How would new items make this happen just because they are harder to obtain? You mean the same best items in many versions upgraded over time without changing does not "repeat itself"?
Everything needs changing, you know. Using the same gear all the time without "any" effort is lame isnt it?
Btw you still havent answered my question (in my first post), I doubt you care about it. Just because STS gave you one chance to make yourself better through an expansion without buying brand new, doesnt mean you can do that all the time. Have you ever wondered what if STS never gave you the opportunity to upgrade it to lvl 36, how would mythic armors and helms be now? It applys for the new expansion.
What you do not get is that the production is so slow, why because sts is making new sets for all levels per expansion instead of focusing on making expansions. 26 then 31 then 36 then 41? And really upgrade is a must imagine +13 arcane maul with full gems and really all used items should be untradeable to make this items rarer and do not need to be discontinued or whatsoever.

Meguy
01-24-2014, 11:48 AM
and really the upgrade mythics by level is not a bad idea if sts just make the upgrading process hard some item and something like 5m gold or 2000 plats per upgrade just to compensate for people not opening locks in the process. And people should upgrade their items step by steps of the way if mythic starts at 26 then next is 31 then next is 36 then 41. That way no one can jump from 26 to 41 Plus the upgrade to improve items will burn alot of plats and gold also meaning it will be really hard and items are untradeable making the items not to be abused by some merchants out there that sell for real money. Lol if sts wants they can also change the look per upgrade so you will wear something new again. newbie can hunt the ingredients that drops very rarely and cost a lot rather farm for lock and repeat easy maps like brackenridge, so boring.

Artae
01-24-2014, 11:49 AM
Why? Because mythic items are supposed to be one of the rarest things in the game. If they allow next season's mythics upgradable from this season's, all of the mythic owners from the past season and this season would basically have a free pass to the best gear set next season. To everyone else, that's not fair. If they made next season's mythics completely independent, it would not only hold true to its rarity, but it would expand the game with a clean slate. Have next season's mythics lootable from locked chests and elite golden [next season's chest name]s, and allow them to be tradable.

Rare
01-24-2014, 12:02 PM
A challenging map, and items which millionaires cannot easily get. Well you get my point even arcane items are gotten in one day after they are release, and then they will just discontinue them to make it rare. I also miss the part when all players hunt for one boss only and wait to kill it. Here we just kill the boss all over and over again. Maybe that is why no rare items in here. Imagine many players hunt for one boss, now thats rare and not an item discontinued.

Those bosses are still here. But they are very boring to hunt (Baell II, Krunch II).

Arcane items are still very rare. But I see what you mean. Making very rare items that can be farmed. That's fine with me. But having mythic upgradable are what really ruined this season.

Meguy
01-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Why? Because mythic items are supposed to be one of the rarest things in the game. If they allow next season's mythics upgradable from this season's, all of the mythic owners from the past season and this season would basically have a free pass to the best gear set next season. To everyone else, that's not fair. If they made next season's mythics completely independent, it would not only hold true to its rarity, but it would expand the game with a clean slate. Have next season's mythics lootable from locked chests and elite golden [next season's chest name]s, and allow them to be tradable.
who told you it will be a free pass? It will be hard to upgrade as hell. Do you ever played games that when you upgrade you burn a lot of gold especially high quality equips? lol its hard as hell and you are lucky to even do it once. :)

Meguy
01-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Well I really do not consider mythics as rare. Because it is available in lock crates. But if a mythic become perfect by upgrading into a perfect equip with losing the item on the process while upgrading and burning a lots of gold and it is untradeable, then that is rare for me. like a level 60 mythic it will be upgraded many time from 26 31 36 41 46 51 56 60. Then it is untradeable then people will farm for ingredient that is hard as hell to get and not coming from lock crates. People will need a lot of gold and ingredients to achieve this. Well not requesting for free upgrade that is too much.

Giuewek
01-24-2014, 12:56 PM

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

woeh
01-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Here i go...

If upgraded gear is what ya'll want i hope sts makes it challenging (time consuming) make no plat shortcuts also so everyone is on the same page

lets say a new token for the gear is made sts can make w.e name "enclave token" to require the token it takes 1500story or 750 haunted or a daily where u must defeat all 5 elite bosses in a day for new maps for a enclave token (this would mean our bosses cant be bugged 3months sts)

3x tokens to 1xupgrade item becomes untradable

The stats on the upgraded items should pass any new items( if all ungemed) released but barely and upgrading items to 41 should take a socket so the new myth n arcanes will be best when gem that get full gem remain best

But really idk up to sts im tired of the same stuff so i dnt care what they do really hope its for the best

My 000000000000000000.2

Madnex
01-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Both sides have a point here but there are solutions to satisfy both, as well.

It's a fact that new items will come out. Some will affect the market less (new legendaries which arguably surpass current upgraded mythics) and some more (new arcane weapon for rogues, new mythic pets).

It's up to the devs to make the new end game pinks worth considering for a full myth player of this season. Mythic pets

Instead of introducing new mythics, improving the old ones may be a better solution. But, not in the same way. If I'm going to see another quest on 41 to upgrade again, it'd better have 10 steps or needing hard to find materials lootable from certain bosses only.

So if there were options to choose what form of upgrate you wanted for your mythics, that'd be good for all sides. I mean something like different points on each different armor upgrade option (eg. one option would focus on dodge, critical, another health or armor, another damage or DPS). All of those choices would be available to every class.

Keep in mind that we're going to get more gem recipes as well, so that's going to change a lot of builds too.

There you have it. Variation without boring repetition.

faychen
01-26-2014, 12:18 PM
If there will be quests to upgrade our mythic items, I wish the quests require us to form up a right team and right strategy to get achievement, similar way as 90 mins run hauntlet. It's more fun than running to some islands and smash everything till you get bored.😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 01:05 PM
The OP makes some good points but I don't agree with his solution. What I would like to see is some very difficult quests like the ichor quest in PL and let the rewards for such quests be good mythic type items and maybe a chance to obtain arcane (kind of like the chance to get a supergem)