PDA

View Full Version : Farming and Elixir Luck

Sheugokin
01-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Hello fellow community members,
I have a question: How come when farming runs are periodically hosted by other team members does the drop rate go up? I tend to see that happen. Also, free 24-hour daily elixirs can be stingy, but after I wait a day without getting it and get the elixir for the next two days, I suddenly start getting 3X and other combos. Is it just luck on my side, or is it true? Does anyone experience this too?

Thanks!
Sheugokin

BroadCastle
01-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Hey, well I haven't experienced that with 3x combos after cutting the "next day receiving" thread. I still get 3x very randomby and rarely. About farming luck, many believe in what you said. What more, some really dedicate farmers and friends of mine do believe in even much more crazy magic, how to increase luck. I personally experienced the case you describe. But also remember days, when this did not help at all.

Generally, my common sense is telling me, that none of those things should affect luck, as it's just some programmed random odds, but whoever knows (devs :D). Maybe new host refreshes some variables in code, dealing with luck or something like that... I really can only guess :)

Suentous PO
01-24-2014, 04:38 PM
I don't believe in the change host for better luck thing. It would seem to mean that the devs made a separate code that increases drop when hosts change (for some odd reason) and then they decided to not tell players about it (for some reason). Even if something resets then that wouldn't mean you chance goes up, unless you imaging that odds change during the same runs.
It just never made sense to me.

Sheugokin
01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Me neither but all my friends do that and pro farmers do that too. I am sure you guys know some.

Fusionstrike
01-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Here's why this and other weird beliefs persist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Simply put, people remember the times that weird superstition X preceded a favorable outcome and forget the times it didn't. Over time, they remember seeing it "work" so often that it becomes the truth to them.

If you take studious notes recording every time you change hosts and the drops people get afterwards, you'll see that it makes no difference at all.

Sheugokin
01-24-2014, 07:29 PM
^ I simply have to agree with Wikipedia on this one.

Kiwihawk
01-24-2014, 09:12 PM
^ I simply have to agree with Wikipedia on this one.
Agreed, They've Always Been Right With My Homework haha, Easy Copy And Paste