PDA

View Full Version : PvP calmness

Ihateppl
01-24-2014, 04:47 PM
i know i'm probably gonna get shot down with this idea, but here goes anyway.

how about players in pvp, not only get grouped in lv, but amount of kills as well, such as
someone with 20k kills does not get to go on a killing spree on people with 100 kills. Also, with i think it would allow
players to get better gang vs. gang battles, and 1v1, seeing as everyone in the pvp room has the same skill.

Bless
01-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Prestige levels? Xp bar for pvp, certain amount of kills gets you prestige levels. 1-10 prestige players play together, 11-20 play together, 21-30 would play together, like brackets.

But it prolly wont happen :/ even though its not complex

Frekken
01-24-2014, 07:09 PM
That would fck up the kill farming on <L10 twinks because their target are noob ppl just passing by

Trenton
01-24-2014, 08:29 PM
That would fck up the kill farming on <L10 twinks because their target are noob ppl just passing by

Oh no! What ever shall they do now that they can't farm their kills?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

baddiva
01-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Prestige levels? Xp bar for pvp, certain amount of kills gets you prestige levels. 1-10 prestige players play together, 11-20 play together, 21-30 would play together, like brackets.

But it prolly wont happen :/ even though its not complex

This is the most brilliant idea i've seen for PVP... It'd solve kill-farming too..

Ravager
01-25-2014, 07:32 PM
You'd get rooms with all warriors, all rogues, all mages.

Madnex
01-25-2014, 07:47 PM
This is indeed an excellent idea!

Putting people with around the same KD ratios together would fix a lot of things.

First, there would be no hunting of the undergeared since to get a good KD, you have to have decent gear. Gear over skill, as always. Those who cheated their way to good KD by doing just that, dummy farming or stealing kills from ganging will find themselves (rightfully) troubled.

Secondly, this would even out the odds between people who buy platinum and those who don't. Arcane geared players currently have outrageously better chances to win. I say let fire fight with fire; nothing wrong and it's going to be interesting and harder for everyone.

Thirdly, PvP farming would be extremely reduced! Whoever was farmed and undergeared now has a chance to build up his record by fighting equally experienced players! Therefore a dummy with 0 KD ratio could never be put together with the cheater who farmed it and now has a 10 KD ratio.

The only issue I see is the chance an arcane geared player has a record like 12k kills and 9k deaths. Obviously this is a decent player and even though his KD is mathematically not good, the difference on such high numbers tells us he knows what he's doing.
So except KD ratio, people should be categorized to play with others within the same kills-figure digits (one more or one less digit too). As long as this guy from the example plays with people having a four/five-digit kill number, no problems there.

Once again, great suggestion! :)

+1

Serancha
01-26-2014, 02:07 AM
So you put people with the same k/d together so everyone is equal.... how will anyone ever improve? I learned how to pvp by having a pro knock me around until I learned how to survive. If this was implemented. I would have missed out on everything I have learned from the best players in the game, and would never have met the people I love and respect the most in this game. This kind of thing is elitist and segregatory.

moot
01-26-2014, 02:36 AM
This bring the rating system suggested by Energizeric.

High ranked/kills people can only gain rank/kill by defeating people with same rank or higher.

If anyone here ever play Marvel Avengers Alliance on facebook, you would knew how it works.

Farz
01-26-2014, 04:27 AM
i know i'm probably gonna get shot down with this idea, but here goes anyway.

how about players in pvp, not only get grouped in lv, but amount of kills as well, such as
someone with 20k kills does not get to go on a killing spree on people with 100 kills. Also, with i think it would allow
players to get better gang vs. gang battles, and 1v1, seeing as everyone in the pvp room has the same skill.

So,example. If the gm is an old twink that have high kd,and want to teach his/her new member...,what should we do about it?and also if in guild war there is1 player and that is a new account,old player with high kd cant join the room?

Ravager
01-26-2014, 04:26 PM
-1 for the reason I stated earlier. Also because I would rarely be able to play with friends if this implemented.

Anarchist
01-26-2014, 06:18 PM
This is a good idea, very simple and useful, but it only solves thing half way infact:

1. Having a guild vs guild pvp will become nearly impossible.
2. It will transform ctf andm tdm to a individual game.
3. Many players might have a odd number of kdr that other few number of players have so they would have a hard rime starting a fight.

becky_xil
01-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Good idea.. the only thing is I love guild war and with this system it is almost impossible.. good idea btw.. maybe can add something to this

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Jsuit
01-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Oh no! What ever shall they do now that they can't farm their kills?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

LOL :)

Hiosahaf
01-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Probably outrageous..but keep ctf and tdm, create another arena based on this idea?
Will solve the issues of everyone who don't like this idea due to their respective reasons.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

epicrrr
01-29-2014, 05:05 PM
And thus after 3 hours of waiting i finally got a game started!

Striderevil
01-31-2014, 04:42 PM
So it will be mostly mages vs mages as on average mages have poorer kdr than their counterparts

but i like it as it gives a truer sense of class balance and would bring devs attention to focus on true inadequacies.