PDA

View Full Version : What if you could dodge skills.

Solid
01-24-2014, 05:10 PM
What if,

Derezzzed
01-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Rouge vs Rouge battles would take 5years to complete :P

Ebezaanec
01-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Once again, your ideas favor your precious rogue class.

Why am I not surprised?

Frekken
01-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Rogues winning all games and longer fights

Solid
01-24-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't understand why dodge does nothing.

Striderevil
01-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Dodge allows you to dodge normal attacks

Cero
01-24-2014, 07:22 PM
I wouldnt wonder why for there isn't much counter to dodge other than sorc' -dodge debuff from timeshift.
there isn't even inc hit chance but only -hit chance.
Making dodge to be effective means making one class OP.
Well, on other mmos that i played. The class with high dodge has the weakest armor.

plutod
01-24-2014, 08:03 PM
That may be true but u seem to be forgetting that
With one or two hits were dead.

Sheener
01-24-2014, 08:13 PM
So. In pve does dodge work on all attacks? It was until the last week that I knew dodge only worked on normal attacks in pvp. I am way behind and ive been playing for over a year lol

steven_soj
01-25-2014, 08:05 AM
U guess Dodge almost same like mage shield

Arcane Legends player ign: Anafaoete, Beastvalent, Spancers

Anarchist
01-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Rogues will become op.
Consider that rogues having bows already avoid many skills when fighting with a war without axe.

I have to costantly run after a rogue when fighting 1vs1.

Its like playing "Chase me Honey".

Limsi
01-25-2014, 10:25 AM
That would be great actually! I'm pretty sure dodge should not be limited to normal attacks. It's a basic concept of any mmo! The only problem is there would have to be some recalculations to be done in order not to favor any class in particular.

Zeus
01-25-2014, 10:46 AM
If dodge is to work in that manner, then they need to play it like PL does it.

First off, mages need to be given a huge increase in critical % to counteract the dodge.

Secondly, mage's heal will need to be increased.

Thirdly, a warrior will have to be given some base dodge as well to increase survivability slightly by the increased firepower of other classes. I say slightly because warriors have already has the upper hand in the combat triangle for many months now.

Energizeric
01-25-2014, 01:46 PM
The class system in both PL and AL always seemed rather strange to me and not very logical. IMO If it were logical, here is how it would be:

1) Warriors would have the highest health, armor and damage per hit, but would be the slowest to move around, have the lowest hit %, and also have very low dodge and crit. So basically they would be super strong and durable, but move very slowly, and hit very slowly. That sounds like a true tank to me.

2) Rogues would have a medium amount of health and armor. Their damage would be the lowest per hit, but they would be the fastest to move around, have the fastest attack speed, highest hit %, and have the highest dodge and crit. They would basically be super fast ninjas who don't hit hard, but strike many blows in a short period of time and have excellent chance to make critical hits and dodge attacks.

3) Sorcerers would have the lowest amount of health and armor, but would be the highest damage causers for both AoE and single strike magic spells. They would be very squishy, but would have the longest range attacks so they can stay in the back and cause the most damage. Their attacks would be medium speed, and their hit %, dodge and crit would all be average. They would also be the best healers.

I guess ideally it would be a mix of both AL and PL. I always wondered why in PL bears have the best dodge. I always thought that should be birds. And in AL I always thought it strange that warriors have the lowest damage. If they are so big and strong, you would think they should hit hard. Think logically, what causes more damage.... a huge sword or a little dagger? And why in AL does a warrior have better group healing skill than a sorcerer? Lots of strange stuff in these games that defies the usual RPG class logic.

Striderevil
01-30-2014, 01:45 AM
Warriors already kill both classes well. They also have the second highest damage on paper after mages. Rogues are pretty much as you described. They have lowest dmg. But in actuality crit often enough to become the highest damage givers. Sorcerers have the highest damage on paper but in actuality cause the lowest as they have no effective DoT damage against other toons. No skills to root or freeze toons. And every other property as you mentioned is average. Also they are the squishiest

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk