PDA

View Full Version : Are rogues "Durable"?

Unethical
01-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone, hope your having a good day. This thread was for the purpose of if I should cap my rogue or just leave it there in my slots. Rogues draw my attention from all the damage they do and plus the long range capability. But do rogues die easily? Do rogues use a lot of potions? Currently my rogue is level 23 and the damage isn't as satisfying as I thought it would be, this is probably because of my skill build. My current skill build is 3/5 shadow veil, 2/5 pierce, 5/5 noxious bolt, 5/5 aimed and passives in dexterity. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

By the way sorry if this was asked before, I am still fairly new to the forums and how to use them.

Vystirch
01-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Your build is fine, rogues rely heavily on gear to help with damage output; Just keep that in mind. Now as far as durability goes... No they arnt, they can't take more than 3 hits in elites without perishing. Rogues do have high dodge lvls though, this is what is going to keeps you alive. With health pots being used now and then and mana pots might as well be on an auto clicker. You will have fun with a rogue towards the end game, most everyone seems to have a rogue at end game. So I'd just say why not cap one?

-Vys

Unethical
01-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Oh ok thanks Vys that was very helpful information! Thanks for that, but at endgame, are rogues basically for the richer players? How would a rogue be with just a devourer bow at level 36? Thanks!

Slywannas
01-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Oh ok thanks Vys that was very helpful information! Thanks for that, but at endgame, are rogues basically for the richer players? How would a rogue be with just a devourer bow at level 36? Thanks!

End game rogue here still using a dev bow :) Dev's are actually quite a good solution until you get a myth bow, and a lot of end game rogues still use them, so don't be afraid to buy yourself one :)

Unethical
01-25-2014, 04:34 PM
End game rogue here still using a dev bow :) Dev's are actually quite a good solution until you get a myth bow, and a lot of end game rogues still use them, so don't be afraid to buy yourself one :)
Thank you very much for this as well! I guess I will be levelling my rogue to the cap!

kinzmet
02-08-2014, 12:45 AM
I also thought that rogue damage output was not satisfying (My main was a rogue) not until a 6k crit pops up while I'm doing an elite boss and I was using a dev bow. From then on my perspective on rogue's damage output changed. And you better save up for Mythics its worth it.