PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate Hacking

vvokzzzzz
01-25-2014, 06:12 AM
Hello,
So basically I wanted to ask what's up with the legitimate hackers? I'm NOT talking the the cases when naive people give out their acc info and say they got "hacked" after their info gets changed. I'll use an example to demonstrate what I mean. I got my IRL friend to play PL. He's been playing for a year, never gave anyone his info. Heck, not even me lol. Then he was at my place and he got an email notifying him that his email got changed, but he didn't request anything. So he responded, saying he didn't request it, but of course his pw was automatically set to 'changeme', only giving the hacker more time to take all his stuff (which wasn't hard since he only had a 71 flying set). He got his acc back but had no items of worth. This kinda makes me, I'm sure along other players, worried. We've spent insane amounts of time getting to where we are, never given our acc info out (in most cases, I think), and everything we've built could be gone overnight? What if someone was sleeping and this happened? He would have no chance to set it back. I request a dev response asap, please, since this is really creepy.

LEVEL ONE
01-25-2014, 09:11 AM
It's not creepy. It's Yola sites.

Impact
01-25-2014, 09:17 AM
Yep nub scammers

vvokzzzzz
01-25-2014, 09:27 AM
It's not creepy. It's Yola sites.
The thing is he isn't stupid enough to post his info to a random site. Noone except for him has ever known his info.

Rot
01-25-2014, 09:38 AM
thats unsettling but i doubt people can get into your acc without you giving away any info

unless stg is selling accounts

which is impossible

so yeah

Delphina
01-25-2014, 09:40 AM
In order for your account email to be changed someone would have to know your e-mail address and password. This could have from either giving out your account information or even someone having access to your e-mail address. To help avoid this please do not give out your e-mail to anyone. Be careful on the internet. There are many scam sites out there that will ask for your account information.

vvokzzzzz
01-25-2014, 09:55 AM
In order for your account email to be changed someone would have to know your e-mail address and password. This could have from either giving out your account information or even someone having access to your e-mail address. To help avoid this please do not give out your e-mail to anyone. Be careful on the internet. There are many scam sites out there that will ask for your account information.
Is it possible that they got into your database somehow? He only used that email for PL so I doubt he entered it somewhere.

Kingzila
01-25-2014, 11:12 AM
He more then likely sighned a yola scam. stg servers are pretty damn secure and I mean that, go find a loader that hacks credits and ask them about pl security. So be assured it's more then likely you're friends fault, sadly. And on the matter of "LEGIT HACKERS" you won't see them saying they hack publicly or in you're pm out of the random. most hackers in pl or stg's keep to themselves like most players do. So yah

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 11:17 AM
He more then likely sighned a yola scam. stg servers are pretty damn secure and I mean that, go find a loader that hacks credits and ask them about pl security. So be assured it's more then likely you're friends fault, sadly. And on the matter of "LEGIT HACKERS" you won't see them saying they hack publicly or in you're pm out of the random. most hackers in pl or stg's keep to themselves like most players do. So yah

STG is not like Nasa... Nasa can be hacked with playstation but for STG you need a silenced pistol and skills to open STG server room without keys, or triggering alarm

Randomguy
01-25-2014, 04:04 PM
i have nothing to take cuz im broke

Schnitzel
01-25-2014, 11:30 PM
i sometimes wish this could be implemented

If your device's IP address and your WiFi IP address does not match what you usually play STS games with, then you cannot log onto that account to play an STS game..

vvokzzzzz
01-26-2014, 02:45 AM
i sometimes wish this could be implemented

If your device's IP address and your WiFi IP address does not match what you usually play STS games with, then you cannot log onto that account to play an STS game..
Yeah but sometimes when my battery dies I just ask my friend to install PL and I uninstall it after I'm finished, or I use his phone (the one that used to play PL) and even though he's never been on my acc it may seem as if though we are sharing acc info.

Xyzther
01-29-2014, 07:39 AM
He might have used the same email and pw for some pl related site (another forums maybe?) that seemed harmless and the site took his info and stole his account

Xionskull
01-29-2014, 09:21 AM
I believe it perfectly possible. It happened to Josh a couple of months back. It is just rare. Best thing to do is change email and pass immediately. Pl has been hacked a few times lol. Remember the guys with inf damage lol?

Int
01-29-2014, 09:34 AM
If someone has his email, they could tap "forgot password" and a new one would've been generated and sent to that email?

Jig
01-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Someone only needs to get into the PL account, change the email 2 times to 2 different emails, then it is his.

Brayan Dylan
05-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Help hacker has the ARCANE LEGENDS lepre he stole my name: BLAYDERR HAAAARRY do something please!