PDA

View Full Version : Tired of war 😖

Irix
01-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Bglir that always been loyal to his guild- family left recently and joined a guild called rebelyon. What's the reason he left? Tired of war? Guild problems?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/25/eba2yzy4.jpg

quantionus
01-25-2014, 10:10 AM
Bglir that always been loyal to his guild- family left recently and joined a guild called rebelyon. What's the reason he left? Tired of war? Guild problems?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/25/eba2yzy4.jpg

he ll be back soon as far as i know

Irix
01-25-2014, 10:11 AM

Oh just for fun huh? Lol

Cheenivie
01-25-2014, 11:22 AM

She told me she isn't going back until war is over and we aren't gonna stop anytime soon so I'd be surprised.

Spyce
01-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Endgame is exactly like the Civil War.

SayCreed
01-25-2014, 11:28 AM

Wut

I'm going 75

dudetus
01-25-2014, 11:32 AM
No wars in Restoration. We are untouchable.

Reunegade
01-25-2014, 11:51 AM
No wars in Restoration. We are untouchable.
*touch*

Ssneakykills
01-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Probably sick of this war

Waug
01-25-2014, 12:11 PM
tired of of "no war", at least dis guys fighting with each other in game in the name of 'war' lowl

Ssneakykills
01-25-2014, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=legendfb;1443226]tired of of "no war", at least dis guys fighting with each other in game in the name of 'war' lowl[/QUOTE

Made no sence at all lmao

XghostzX
01-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Bg told me about a week ago that he "hates" the game and doesn't care for anyone anymore... give or take a few people.

Promagin
01-25-2014, 12:31 PM
What does it mean for a nation to be "tired of war"? Those were the words that U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry used the in a major statement on Syria a fortnight ago and they were reiterated this week by President Barack Obama.

"Now, we know that after a decade of conflict, the American people are tired of war," Secretary Kerry said. He added, "Believe me, I am too." These are odd words to use in front of the international media., especially when you know that not only your allies and friends but all your foes -- including your most intransigent ones -- will be watching. What does it signal when the world's sole superpower expresses itself in such terms?

There can be little doubt that the train of thought Secretary Kerry expressed is part of the unfortunate zeitgeist. Everywhere in the West there is a sense that the last decade has been wearying. This may not matter all that much if you happen to be an exhausted Belgian or Swede: terrible for you, no doubt, but unlikely to have any wider consequence. What is concerning is when the only country in the world that really matters begins to feel and express itself in such a way. Countless historians and analysts of all political inclinations have pointed out that the sole superpower is going through something like the syndrome it went through after the war in Vietnam. There is something in this. But for all the similarities people can point to between post-Vietnam syndrome and post-Iraq/Afghanistan syndrome, the differences cry out to be considered.

Firstly this: that during the war in Vietnam, America lost almost 60,000 of her service personnel. During the decade of engagement in Iraq and Afghanistan, US troop casualties came to almost a tenth of that figure. What is even more striking is that during the Vietnam war the US army was a conscript army, drawn from across the country, classes and professions, whereas Iraq and Afghanistan were operations carried out solely by a professional, volunteer army.

This is a vast difference. A conscript army by definition affects every community, family and household in a country. Whereas volunteer armies tend to be dominated by people from particular areas, backgrounds and levels of income. So when somebody after the Vietnam conflict said they were "tired of war," they could easily have been speaking with real experience -- as Secretary Kerry, a veteran of the conflict, might have done. Most households were affected in some way.

But when someone today says he is "tired of war," let alone when a whole society says it is 'tired of war," what many -- if not most -- of these people mean is that they are fed of up reading about it every day. Or fed up with all that war stuff clogging up their television schedules.

A study done in the UK several years ago revealed an all-time low in the number of people in Britain who actually know anybody involved in the armed forces. The figure was almost in single digits. In other words, in vast expanses of the country there is nobody who knows anybody in the armed forces. I strongly suspect that the same findings could today be discovered in the U.S. Vast swathes of people, on the coasts and elsewhere, will be able to get through an average year while having no contact whatsoever with anybody actually serving their nation abroad.

Under such conditions there is something profoundly decadent about any such country, or its leadership, saying seriously that they are "tired" of war. Yet these were exactly the terms in which the U.S. sought to address to the nation over the question of involvement in Syria on the eve of this year's anniversary of 9/11: President Obama acknowledged that the nation was "sick and tired of war." He quoted this phrase, and another from someone writing to him who said that the nation was "still recovering from our involvement in Iraq."

Yet it wasn't all downbeat. The President tried to rally the nation by saying that "the burdens of leadership are often heavy, but the world is a better place because we have borne them." He then stressed that the nation was not, in fact, going to have to bear them. If he were inclined at any point to do something about Syria, it would be something "small," as Secretary Kerry also put it. No boots on the ground. No heavier involvement. Yet somehow not "pinpricks" either.

All of which is unlikely to make Assad tremble. But it hardly matters whether Assad trembles. What matters is what the other players in the region and the wider world make of all this. What matters is what Russia, China, and -- most pertinently -- Iran, will make of it. Iran has managed to keep off the front pages of world attention lately by the happy congruence of two circumstances: the election of a pseudo-moderate president, and the ongoing international dithering about what, if anything, to do about Syria. As it happens, Iran has already dipped its leg into the water of Syria by sending its proxy armies into the country. From their point of view, the reception could hardly have been more pleasing: they have managed to act without consequences.

There are many questions over what to do in Syria, and many questions over what is, or is not, effective to do. That debate should go on. But what should not go on is a period of intense naval-gazing by the Western powers. After all, what better time is there to develop an even more voracious appetite than the very moment when the only people likely to stand up to you are too busily engaged in self-pity to notice your whirring centrifuges?

Stevenmc
01-25-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't think family is completely at fault here. No I'm not in family, but I played in an ffa game with them, 3/3 fair, vs some restoration and rated M people's, and we won. Completely fair game, no teaming. Now I'm not a loyal person who "Betrays myself." And I don't deserve to be in a guild like rated M. Personally I think people who are against family are just being drama queens and high up with themselves. That said I have seen family team ect... But when I join a game, it's usually only like 3 members of fam who rush and team, not the entire guild.

lightzone
01-25-2014, 12:46 PM
What does it mean for a nation to be "tired of war"? Those were the words that U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry used the in a major statement on Syria a fortnight ago and they were reiterated this week by President Barack Obama.

"Now, we know that after a decade of conflict, the American people are tired of war," Secretary Kerry said. He added, "Believe me, I am too." These are odd words to use in front of the international media., especially when you know that not only your allies and friends but all your foes -- including your most intransigent ones -- will be watching. What does it signal when the world's sole superpower expresses itself in such terms?

There can be little doubt that the train of thought Secretary Kerry expressed is part of the unfortunate zeitgeist. Everywhere in the West there is a sense that the last decade has been wearying. This may not matter all that much if you happen to be an exhausted Belgian or Swede: terrible for you, no doubt, but unlikely to have any wider consequence. What is concerning is when the only country in the world that really matters begins to feel and express itself in such a way. Countless historians and analysts of all political inclinations have pointed out that the sole superpower is going through something like the syndrome it went through after the war in Vietnam. There is something in this. But for all the similarities people can point to between post-Vietnam syndrome and post-Iraq/Afghanistan syndrome, the differences cry out to be considered.

Firstly this: that during the war in Vietnam, America lost almost 60,000 of her service personnel. During the decade of engagement in Iraq and Afghanistan, US troop casualties came to almost a tenth of that figure. What is even more striking is that during the Vietnam war the US army was a conscript army, drawn from across the country, classes and professions, whereas Iraq and Afghanistan were operations carried out solely by a professional, volunteer army.

This is a vast difference. A conscript army by definition affects every community, family and household in a country. Whereas volunteer armies tend to be dominated by people from particular areas, backgrounds and levels of income. So when somebody after the Vietnam conflict said they were "tired of war," they could easily have been speaking with real experience -- as Secretary Kerry, a veteran of the conflict, might have done. Most households were affected in some way.

But when someone today says he is "tired of war," let alone when a whole society says it is 'tired of war," what many -- if not most -- of these people mean is that they are fed of up reading about it every day. Or fed up with all that war stuff clogging up their television schedules.

A study done in the UK several years ago revealed an all-time low in the number of people in Britain who actually know anybody involved in the armed forces. The figure was almost in single digits. In other words, in vast expanses of the country there is nobody who knows anybody in the armed forces. I strongly suspect that the same findings could today be discovered in the U.S. Vast swathes of people, on the coasts and elsewhere, will be able to get through an average year while having no contact whatsoever with anybody actually serving their nation abroad.

Under such conditions there is something profoundly decadent about any such country, or its leadership, saying seriously that they are "tired" of war. Yet these were exactly the terms in which the U.S. sought to address to the nation over the question of involvement in Syria on the eve of this year's anniversary of 9/11: President Obama acknowledged that the nation was "sick and tired of war." He quoted this phrase, and another from someone writing to him who said that the nation was "still recovering from our involvement in Iraq."

Yet it wasn't all downbeat. The President tried to rally the nation by saying that "the burdens of leadership are often heavy, but the world is a better place because we have borne them." He then stressed that the nation was not, in fact, going to have to bear them. If he were inclined at any point to do something about Syria, it would be something "small," as Secretary Kerry also put it. No boots on the ground. No heavier involvement. Yet somehow not "pinpricks" either.

All of which is unlikely to make Assad tremble. But it hardly matters whether Assad trembles. What matters is what the other players in the region and the wider world make of all this. What matters is what Russia, China, and -- most pertinently -- Iran, will make of it. Iran has managed to keep off the front pages of world attention lately by the happy congruence of two circumstances: the election of a pseudo-moderate president, and the ongoing international dithering about what, if anything, to do about Syria. As it happens, Iran has already dipped its leg into the water of Syria by sending its proxy armies into the country. From their point of view, the reception could hardly have been more pleasing: they have managed to act without consequences.

There are many questions over what to do in Syria, and many questions over what is, or is not, effective to do. That debate should go on. But what should not go on is a period of intense naval-gazing by the Western powers. After all, what better time is there to develop an even more voracious appetite than the very moment when the only people likely to stand up to you are too busily engaged in self-pity to notice your whirring centrifuges?

And this is completely relevant to this thread because it has the phrase 'tired of war' in it, right?

Trenton
01-25-2014, 12:51 PM

There are many questions over what to do in Syria, and many questions over what is, or is not, effective to do. That debate should go on. But what should not go on is a period of intense naval-gazing by the Western powers. After all, what better time is there to develop an even more voracious appetite than the very moment when the only people likely to stand up to you are too busily engaged in self-pity to notice your whirring centrifuges? EDIT: Ily

quantionus
01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't think family is completely at fault here. No I'm not in family, but I played in an ffa game with them, 3/3 fair, vs some restoration and rated M people's, and we won. Completely fair game, no teaming. Now I'm not a loyal person who "Betrays myself." And I don't deserve to be in a guild like rated M. Personally I think people who are against family are just being drama queens and high up with themselves. That said I have seen family team ect... But when I join a game, it's usually only like 3 members of fam who rush and team, not the entire guild.

haha this is what i ve been trying to explain

Promagin
01-25-2014, 12:57 PM
And this is completely relevant to this thread because it has the phrase 'tired of war' in it, right?

Yes :)
@Trentypoo <3

quantionus
01-25-2014, 12:58 PM
She told me she isn't going back until war is over and we aren't gonna stop anytime soon so I'd be surprised.

like i said , i was told like that but never talked to him about this so not sure

Rolocolo
01-25-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't think family is completely at fault here. No I'm not in family, but I played in an ffa game with them, 3/3 fair, vs some restoration and rated M people's, and we won. Completely fair game, no teaming. Now I'm not a loyal person who "Betrays myself." And I don't deserve to be in a guild like rated M. Personally I think people who are against family are just being drama queens and high up with themselves. That said I have seen family team ect... But when I join a game, it's usually only like 3 members of fam who rush and
team, not the entire guild.

One family bear trash talked cold yesterday and challenged him to a 1v1 private match, immediately a family bird joined and tried to team him. I don't know if I agree with you. Also, Sts should get rid of the invite people to locked games without passes, unless you're the host

Stevenmc
01-25-2014, 01:03 PM
One family bear trash talked cold yesterday and challenged him to a 1v1 private match, immediately a family bird joined and tried to team him. I don't know if I agree with you. Also, Sts should get rid of the invite people to locked games without passes, unless you're the host

I see, this may have been caused by any family member joining any game and immediately being teamed and rushed by tranq and other just for having the guild title family. I don't know though, I just went off what I saw yesterday. I can PM you screenshots of the ffa game I played in. It was fair and 3/3. We won every game, and now I'm not worthy of anything apparently :P. I do agree with your second part although. Haha. This is frustrating.

Rolocolo
01-25-2014, 01:04 PM
This was a private game and both members agreed to 1v1

Roberto077
01-25-2014, 01:33 PM

Well, a civil war is the people vs. The Government.

Btw, who is family "against"?

Reunegade
01-25-2014, 01:44 PM

Easy:

1. Make guild The Government.
2. Invite everyone that hates family.
3. Profit.

Civil War in a nutshell, folks

Stevenmc
01-25-2014, 01:45 PM

All the pro end game guilds. But I think I've re defined my definition of who I believe to be pro. Being good at pvp is great, but being selfless, willing to help everyone, and not egotistical helps.

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 02:28 PM
I have noticed Cold and most of tranq members never rush me, no matter how noob i try to look. (veteran helmet, molten dagger and vampyr armor is my nubist spying gear)

But if i attack them, then they farm.

Family farms me no matter what i did. Usually i equip my non-crafted elite bow set and nuke them for fun and leave. Im not endgame PvPer and i just enjoy trolling around and poking family members during fights.
Sometimes they are standing in middle, and i join to nuke them all with one combo, then leave instantly :D those messages they send after me are hilarious xd

I have random name that cant be memorized. I can tell it similiar to those ilililililililililliililililii or athahtaaaathhaatatta names you know.

Sometimes i sit in spawn and nuke whoever joins in other team. If they call help, i just logg off. Some say i am hunted by them but i dont care, they can never hunt me.

Reunegade
01-25-2014, 02:29 PM
I have noticed Cold and most of tranq members never rush me, no matter how noob i try to look. (veteran helmet, molten dagger and vampyr armor is my nubist spying gear)

Family farms me no matter what i did. Usually i equip my non-crafted elite bow set and nuke them for fun and leave. Im not endgame PvPer and i just enjoy trolling around and poking family members during fights.
Sometimes they are standing in middle, and i join to nuke them all with one combo, then leave instantly :D those messages they send after me are hilarious xd

I have random name that cant be memorized. I can tell it similiar to those ilililililililililliililililii or athahtaaaathhaatatta names you know.

Sometimes i sit in spawn and nuke whoever joins in other team. If they call help, i just logg off. Some say i am hunted by them but i dont care, they can never hunt me.
Just,

shut up.

Rolocolo
01-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Why? Finnman is point on in this case

Ssneakykills
01-25-2014, 03:29 PM

High up themselves? How does that make you high up yourself when family are against rated m? Surely they are the same no if they fighting other guilds? It works both ways

Stevenmc
01-25-2014, 03:31 PM
High up themselves? How does that make you high up yourself when family are against rated m? Surely they are the same no if they fighting other guilds? It works both ways

High up with themselves comes from the PM's I received afterward from some people in those guilds. I will send them to you if you wish. I'm not gonna post publicly on forums tho.

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Just,

shut up.

Actually this is true. No one knows that random nub is actually me. Everyone thinks i am just a 9 years old kid addicted to PL. Not a 17 years old guy stalking endgame guild wars to write facts on forums.

I dont PvP with my highest level toon, only (rarely) farm different maps.
No one has seen me before in PvP. I am absolutely random person for those endgame "pros"

Reunegade
01-25-2014, 04:33 PM

Well, that's just ego.

Actually this is true. No one knows that random nub is actually me. Everyone thinks i am just a 9 years old kid addicted to PL. Not a 17 years old guy stalking endgame guild wars to write facts on forums.

I dont PvP with my highest level toon, only (rarely) farm different maps.
No one has seen me before in PvP. I am absolutely random person for those endgame "pros"

quantionus
01-25-2014, 04:47 PM

lmao thats what tranq did me couple times and when i won they cried -_-

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 04:56 PM
lmao thats what tranq did me couple times and when i won they cried -_-

How did u win? My 71 ownd u.

Extreme
01-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Recruiting for "The communist guild"!

Zeus
01-25-2014, 09:22 PM
I personally think that people have exceptionally large noses and feel the need to stick their exceptionally large noses in everybody's business and post it publicly on forums.

Yes, I'm a hypocrite for saying this (then again, aren't we all for one thing or another?), as it was something I used to do when I was in the whole "PL Community", but now that I am not involved and take a step back - I truly realize how silly it all is.

Take a deep breath and ask yourselves: "Does it really matter? What does all this drama accomplish?"

You get worked up, they get worked up - nobody wins.

A wise man once said trolling is a way of trying to hide that you are worked up about a game.

Bonthan
01-25-2014, 09:31 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135050-PvP-quot-guild-wars-quot

A thread from AL for comparison

Anyone here ever play a mmo with a fully open pvp map? You drop your best items to your killer upon death. Can't even go into town for pots without entire guild to watch your back? I thought guild wars were the point of pvp.

This is easy, just go to map, and click on balefort and your problem is solved.

Zeus
01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135050-PvP-quot-guild-wars-quot

Awesome link!

Yes, I have been realizing that PL guild wars are getting about as petty as AL twink wars, lol.

IGN Storm
01-25-2014, 10:00 PM
One thing I find interesting is that in AL they call it ganging or gangers while in PL, we refer to it as teaming or teamers

Zeus
01-25-2014, 10:03 PM
One thing I find interesting is that in AL they call it ganging or gangers while in PL, we refer to it as teaming or teamers

I think ganging is the correct term logically speaking, because teaming could also mean that you're teaming up with your teammates. To a new player, ganging obviously has a negative connotation.

XghostzX
01-25-2014, 11:10 PM
I get some sort of weird thrill from guild "wars" in PL. I enjoy the competition. I don't say that because I hate a guild. It just gets me goin' - that weird?

Rolocolo
01-25-2014, 11:16 PM
If its a turn-on then yes

Schnitzel
01-25-2014, 11:24 PM
You should probably message Bglir ( "http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?56806-bglir") on forums...

Stevenmc
01-25-2014, 11:28 PM
I think ganging is the correct term logically speaking, because teaming could also mean that you're teaming up with your teammates. To a new player, ganging obviously has a negative connotation.

It's called ganging or "ganking" in other MMO's such as order and chaos.

Alcapoco
01-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Ever heard of Scullgang? Ever heard of Vamjy or Sheonatav? THEM AND I ARE YOUR ANSWER WUTS THE POINT OF THIS DISCUSSION.

Itoopeo
01-26-2014, 03:35 AM
There are always some guilds in MMO's that has different objectives, that other guilds dont like. Usually they are all from same nationality. (As an example <Xclusive> is only for french and <imbecility>(L20 version of family) for germans). Usually they are from france germany indonesia or philippines. In those countries they dont speak well english so only chat they have, is between their own guild. So in a small group stupidity condenses, and funny things start happening :D.

Then there are these other guilds who have players from different countries so they all speak english well. But those guilds (Rated M) are used to that fact that they are BEST or PROEST! Now one of these non english speaking guilds come to PvP room and all join to same team. One of them says Rated m sucks, but our guild is best now. After that they team this member of rated m and then tell him that he sucks because he lost. After this this non-english guild does this to several other players from rated m and eventually they team an officer or master of that guild.

And ta-da! We have a big guildwar done!

Only difference family has to those non english speaking guilds that they do speak english all in guildchat. But they have something else in common then. Like
this thing called teenagers (12-15 years old ppl). They have swag (spelled "Swväägh"). Im not sure what it is but atleast it sounds so lame that im out. I like SWAT more.

Itoopeo out.

SayCreed
01-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Lel.Imagine this
All endgame guilds merge and hunt family till they disband obviously they won't do that .They're too kind :-).

@Family
Pls I beg yew.Rage at me daily

dudetus
01-26-2014, 06:00 AM
I personally think that people have exceptionally large noses and feel the need to stick their exceptionally large noses in everybody's business and post it publicly on forums.

Yes, I'm a hypocrite for saying this (then again, aren't we all for one thing or another?), as it was something I used to do when I was in the whole "PL Community", but now that I am not involved and take a step back - I truly realize how silly it all is.

Take a deep breath and ask yourselves: "Does it really matter? What does all this drama accomplish?"

You get worked up, they get worked up - nobody wins.

A wise man once said trolling is a way of trying to hide that you are worked up about a game.

Is it better to be or not to be? Who are we to judge ourselves? Once a wise man said "coconuts are delicious" and he ate them. Is the coconut itself delicious or do we delude ourselves to the idea of coconuts' deliciousness without questioning our awareness?

Roberto077
01-26-2014, 08:26 AM
I get some sort of weird thrill from guild "wars" in PL. I enjoy the competition. I don't say that because I hate a guild. It just gets me goin' - that weird?

Not one bit.

Cheenivie
01-26-2014, 08:33 AM
Lel.Imagine this
All endgame guilds merge and hunt family till they disband obviously they won't do that .They're too kind :-).

@Family
Pls I beg yew.Rage at me daily

It's pretty much what's happening now. Only missing influence lel

Suentous PO
01-26-2014, 09:31 AM

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/4D4A9584-07B8-4867-911C-E110DAE2087E.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/stephencobear/media/4D4A9584-07B8-4867-911C-E110DAE2087E.jpg.html)

"Wise" man

Ks_Leon
01-26-2014, 10:25 AM
^ I bet hes shave his moustache,beard and eyebrow with wrong technic.While bald because too much wax.

bglir
01-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Shiver me timbers! Ahoy, Matey, this old pirate Batten down the hatches and to go on account, Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Ye gona see me keelhaul bilge rat once a while.

For info my country been hit by worst rain falls and a lot of landslides and flooding, my internet been on off regularly and my 3G reduce to 2G and won't know when all be fixed because of the endless rain falls

Faliziaga
01-27-2014, 04:54 AM
Good luck to you and your country, I hope it's gonna turn out well and that the rain will stop soon.

blatta
01-27-2014, 09:10 AM

i don´t PVP but i totally understand. PVP needs drama. Learned that from reading chat in PL last years.

angeldawn
01-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Fyi Steven is referring to me. but he's leaving out much of the story and just wanting to cause drama. It started with family teaming us then later he joins and helps family. This is also after family has teamed him many many times.

The screen shots he's so willing to send everyone isn't even bad in my opinion but proves he was trying to antagonize me. I was in CTF when he started with the pming. At one point he even said 'thank you I got what I wanted' and talked about screen shotting it.

I won't bring all the drama to forums but if anyone wants to know both sides of the story you all know where to find me.

SayCreed
01-27-2014, 11:13 AM
It's pretty much what's happening now. Only missing influence lel
So sad.Its only 5v5 CTF it sould be 20-20 only start when places are occupied

Cheenivie
01-27-2014, 02:16 PM
So sad.Its only 5v5 CTF it sould be 20-20 only start when places are occupied

They said no to5v5 lel.

Itoopeo
01-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Shiver me timbers! Ahoy, Matey, this old pirate Batten down the hatches and to go on account, Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Ye gona see me keelhaul bilge rat once a while.

For info my country been hit by worst rain falls and a lot of landslides and flooding, my internet been on off regularly and my 3G reduce to 2G and won't know when all be fixed because of the endless rain falls

Jugoslavia!

Grrrrimadoggy
01-27-2014, 04:26 PM

Are we still talking about a game...