PDA

View Full Version : Finnman

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Finnman is now Itoopeo ;D

Im still that old finnman behind screen, but name is new, more well known in game :)

Apasara
01-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Ooh I wanna change my forum name too. How to do?

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Use a *nix terminal for commands. Cygwin will help emulate a *nix for Windows users. Nmap in particular uses WinPCap to run on Windows and does not require Cygwin. However, Nmap works poorly on Windows systems due to a lack of raw sockets. You should also consider using Linux or BSD, which are both more flexible, more reliable, and more secure. Most Linux distributions come with many useful tools pre-installed.

Determine the operating system (OS). Run a scan of the ports, and try pOf, or nmap to run a port scan. This will show you the ports that are open on the machine, the OS, and can even tell you what type of firewall or router they are using so you can plan a course of action. You can activate OS detection in nmap by using the -O switch.

Find a path or open port in the system. Common ports such as FTP (21) and HTTP (80) are often well protected, and possibly only vulnerable to exploits yet to be discovered.
Try other TCP and UDP ports that may have been forgotten, such as Telnet and various UDP ports left open for LAN gaming.
An open port 22 is usually evidence of an SSH (secure shell) service running on the target, which can sometimes be brute forced.

Get super-user privileges. Try to get root privileges if targeting a *nix machine, or administrator privileges if taking on Windows systems.
Most information that will be of vital interest is protected and you need a certain level of authentication to get it. To see all the files on a computer you need super-user privileges - a user account that is given the same privileges as the "root" user in Linux and BSD operating systems.
For routers this is the "admin" account by default (unless it has been changed); for Windows, this is the Administrator account.
Gaining access to a connection doesn't mean you can access everything. Only a super user, the administrator account, or the root account can do this.

Jk.. just ask Devs, but you need a proper reason to do so.

SayCreed
01-25-2014, 11:18 AM
False I just asked and got it

Spyce
01-25-2014, 11:21 AM
False I just asked and got it

Each forum account can have up to 3 name changes.

SayCreed
01-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Each forum account can have up to 3 name changes.

Delphina said only once to mai

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Delphina said only once to mai

Hahhah she clearly doesn't like you! :D

dudetus
01-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Hahhah she clearly doesn't like you! :D

Irony at it's best fellas

Promagin
01-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Ahh. Good old name changes.

Claude Steele, dean of the Stanford Graduate School of Education, delivered the opening address at the Jan. 22 celebration of the education school's changing its name to Stanford Graduate School of Education from Stanford University School of Education. The party, which featured fleece vests embroidered with the GSE logo and pens, buttons and post-its with the new name, attracted some 450 students, faculty and staff, who posed for an all-school photo. A story about the renaming has been posted on the GSE website, as well as a brief about the party and the photograph of students, faculty and staff on the steps of the edcuation school building. What follows are Steele's remarks.

Welcome to the Stanford Graduate School of Education!

I’m glad we were able to come together today. This is a weekend of inaugurations. Yesterday we inaugurated a President; today we inaugurate a new name for our school. The actual change is rather modest — after all we’re just swapping out the word “university” for the word “graduate.” Stanford University School of Education becomes Stanford Graduate School of Education. But the hope is that this modest change will help us emphasize a truly important part of our identity —the particular kind of contribution that graduate level researchers, scholars and professionals make to that huge enterprise known as education.

Education is universally regarded as among the very most important functions of a society. We are classically told, by Jefferson for example, that an educated populous is a requirement of a democratic society, of civil society. More recently we’re told that an educated populous is essential to a successful economy, that it is, in essence, a huge part of what human capital is, and that our international competitiveness as a society depends on how well we do it.

For example, last week’s New York Times caused some alarm by reporting that China is betting its future on education, the production of this human capital, striving to have more college graduates by 2030 than we have people in our entire workforce for example.

Thus, its hard to imagine, as the 21st century unfolds, that there is a more important challenge for our society than that of education, in particular perhaps, the challenge of getting good education to a broader swath of our population, making it the gateway to opportunity that we want it to be. Climate change and nuclear proliferation are right up there in importance too. But the educational challenges of the 21st century belong high on any list of our most important challenges.

So in facing this challenge where are we to put our faith? What kind of effort are we to invest in as capable of meeting the educational challenges of the 21st century? Should that be school reform, or should I say, the most recent version of school reform — school choice, test-score accountability and the like?

Perhaps I am feeling my age, but like others of you here, I’ve lived through wave after wave of school reforms — over 60 years worth. When people use the term, I sometimes have to try to consciously remember what kind of reform they’re talking about. We learn things from these reforms. But it’s hard to have the faith that these idea fashions — if I can call them that — which come and go are up to the challenges that 21st century education faces. As far as results are concerned, they certainly do not have an impressive record.

I believe that what we do in this school, this graduate school, is a better thing to put one’s faith in — disciplined research and scholarship and an evidenced-based approach to educating teachers and professionals and developing policy. It is this kind of work that I believe is most likely to produce lasting improvements in our schools and colleges.

It is this kind of work that I believe is up to the educational challenges of the 21st century. Some say education schools are part of the problem. I can’t speak for all education schools, but I think there should be more education schools like this one. Like good med schools are critical to good medicine, good education schools that are seriously committed to first-rate research, scholarship and teaching are absolutely essential to our meeting the educational challenges we face — and we need more of them not fewer.

And this school, with its first-ranked faculty and students, its tradition of great research and innovation, is, and can be even more, a leader in taking on these challenges, in doing the work that will lead to lasting advances in our education systems — K-12 and higher.

The name change, the change of just one word in the school’s name, is not magic, but it may help to assert this role, this dimension of who we are. It expresses a certain courage of conviction about the importance of the work we do, about our true identity and leadership.

Yet in making this point, it is important to stress that we have always been what our new name asserts — a graduate school of education. Our new name points to both who we are now, and to who we have always been. It points to our history.

Well, if I have any expertise in talking about education, I have certainly come to the end of it when I start talking about history. For that it is better to rely on a real historian. And it is our great good fortune as a school to have available for that purpose, the nation’s foremost historian of education, the author of multiple award-winning books, including The Trouble with Ed Schools, and the chair of our SHIPS program, David Labaree. So without further ado, I will turn the podium over to David.

Caiahar
01-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Ahh. Good old name changes.

Claude Steele, dean of the Stanford Graduate School of Education, delivered the opening address at the Jan. 22 celebration of the education school's changing its name to Stanford Graduate School of Education from Stanford University School of Education. The party, which featured fleece vests embroidered with the GSE logo and pens, buttons and post-its with the new name, attracted some 450 students, faculty and staff, who posed for an all-school photo. A story about the renaming has been posted on the GSE website, as well as a brief about the party and the photograph of students, faculty and staff on the steps of the edcuation school building. What follows are Steele's remarks.

Welcome to the Stanford Graduate School of Education!

I’m glad we were able to come together today. This is a weekend of inaugurations. Yesterday we inaugurated a President; today we inaugurate a new name for our school. The actual change is rather modest — after all we’re just swapping out the word “university” for the word “graduate.” Stanford University School of Education becomes Stanford Graduate School of Education. But the hope is that this modest change will help us emphasize a truly important part of our identity —the particular kind of contribution that graduate level researchers, scholars and professionals make to that huge enterprise known as education.

Education is universally regarded as among the very most important functions of a society. We are classically told, by Jefferson for example, that an educated populous is a requirement of a democratic society, of civil society. More recently we’re told that an educated populous is essential to a successful economy, that it is, in essence, a huge part of what human capital is, and that our international competitiveness as a society depends on how well we do it.

For example, last week’s New York Times caused some alarm by reporting that China is betting its future on education, the production of this human capital, striving to have more college graduates by 2030 than we have people in our entire workforce for example.

Thus, its hard to imagine, as the 21st century unfolds, that there is a more important challenge for our society than that of education, in particular perhaps, the challenge of getting good education to a broader swath of our population, making it the gateway to opportunity that we want it to be. Climate change and nuclear proliferation are right up there in importance too. But the educational challenges of the 21st century belong high on any list of our most important challenges.

So in facing this challenge where are we to put our faith? What kind of effort are we to invest in as capable of meeting the educational challenges of the 21st century? Should that be school reform, or should I say, the most recent version of school reform — school choice, test-score accountability and the like?

Perhaps I am feeling my age, but like others of you here, I’ve lived through wave after wave of school reforms — over 60 years worth. When people use the term, I sometimes have to try to consciously remember what kind of reform they’re talking about. We learn things from these reforms. But it’s hard to have the faith that these idea fashions — if I can call them that — which come and go are up to the challenges that 21st century education faces. As far as results are concerned, they certainly do not have an impressive record.

I believe that what we do in this school, this graduate school, is a better thing to put one’s faith in — disciplined research and scholarship and an evidenced-based approach to educating teachers and professionals and developing policy. It is this kind of work that I believe is most likely to produce lasting improvements in our schools and colleges.

It is this kind of work that I believe is up to the educational challenges of the 21st century. Some say education schools are part of the problem. I can’t speak for all education schools, but I think there should be more education schools like this one. Like good med schools are critical to good medicine, good education schools that are seriously committed to first-rate research, scholarship and teaching are absolutely essential to our meeting the educational challenges we face — and we need more of them not fewer.

And this school, with its first-ranked faculty and students, its tradition of great research and innovation, is, and can be even more, a leader in taking on these challenges, in doing the work that will lead to lasting advances in our education systems — K-12 and higher.

The name change, the change of just one word in the school’s name, is not magic, but it may help to assert this role, this dimension of who we are. It expresses a certain courage of conviction about the importance of the work we do, about our true identity and leadership.

Yet in making this point, it is important to stress that we have always been what our new name asserts — a graduate school of education. Our new name points to both who we are now, and to who we have always been. It points to our history.

Well, if I have any expertise in talking about education, I have certainly come to the end of it when I start talking about history. For that it is better to rely on a real historian. And it is our great good fortune as a school to have available for that purpose, the nation’s foremost historian of education, the author of multiple award-winning books, including The Trouble with Ed Schools, and the chair of our SHIPS program, David Labaree. So without further ado, I will turn the podium over to David.

DILLON, we know you're having trouble irl with school n stuff, but it doesn't mean you have to copy your whole entire worksheet onto here..or your textbook .-.

All for one, and one for all.

SayCreed
01-25-2014, 04:12 PM
DILLON, we know you're having trouble irl with school n stuff, but it doesn't mean you have to copy your whole entire worksheet onto here..or your textbook .-.

All for one, and one for all.
Lmao.This

Sheugokin
01-25-2014, 04:23 PM
I <3 ur sig. Much cool.

@Ctfur Aren't you cool for calling me nub.

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 04:44 PM
I <3 ur sig. Much cool.

May i ask whos sig?

Spyce
01-25-2014, 05:28 PM
May i ask whos sig?

Yours.
Much dumb.

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Yours.
Much dumb.

Lol sorry i didnt understand whos sig, because this thread is full of sigs made by pro sigmakers :D

SayCreed
01-25-2014, 05:31 PM
I <3 ur sig. Much cool.

@Ctfur Aren't you cool for calling me nub.

Oh YESH add Lellipop

Itoopeo
01-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh YESH add Lellipop

Added.

SayCreed
01-26-2014, 04:40 AM
I was talking to sheu but who cares I weel add yew