PDA

View Full Version : Stats help with mage

Cyk
01-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Hey, I need with something and I want you guys to speak up! Please.

Sorry wrong class spot. So I edited.

Okay, so this my skill point build for my bird. I was wondering if this is a good PVE setup. I want your guys' opinions! Is this a good set up? Should I modify it? How would/did you guys set your mage skill build? Did it work out?

Please guys, help me. I want a good PVE bird.
I just want to kill mobs faster than it should be even with x3 combo.
I am also deciding on how I should end my skills build with my dex and str.
All my characters are str and dex.
As of now it still stands as 160 dex and str.
I need good information so I don't have those ' leech ' looking stats.
Much appreciated.

CYK COLD YOUNG KILLAS!

Caiahar
01-27-2014, 02:55 PM
I see why you're not succesful..

Go full dex, Str dex bird doesn't kill a lot
Max out evasion and focus, they're your buffs, max out break, blast, blind, thorn root and thorn wall. Put one in shattering scream. Don't put any points in restore, meditation, or avian scream, they suck.

Break reduces enemies armor, blind reduces enemies hit, blast is a pure strong attack. Thorn root holds a single enemy in place and reduces dodge, thorn wall holds many enemies in place and reduces dodge. All these are useful

Shattering scream when comboed with blast makes Cruel blast, a combo, which does 2x more dmg of blast. To do this, use shatter, than blast. Keep in mind you need to be slightly close for shatter.
Hope it helped.

Sheugokin
01-27-2014, 08:02 PM
^ And keep in mind dis info is from "DA PEROH"

CruelBlast
01-28-2014, 04:53 AM
Here is a decent build posted by "Swaggron"

9 blast
9 focus
9 evade
8 repulse
9 root
8 blind
9 break
6 wall
5 avian
1 restore
1 shattering

Caiahar
01-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Here is a decent build posted by "Swaggron"

9 blast
9 focus
9 evade
8 repulse
9 root
8 blind
9 break
6 wall
5 avian
1 restore
1 shattering
This is endgame PvP..
OP shows not endgame, and I doubt its PvP...

Argyros
01-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Eh, max out thorn wall, buffs, blast, and shattering. Put 5 in avian. Shattering scream is good in pve if you understand how to use it.

Caiahar
01-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Eh, max out thorn wall, buffs, blast, and shattering. Put 5 in avian. Shattering scream is good in pve if you understand how to use it.
Avian is only really good in maps like LE and the frozen one. Usually you can have a mage to heal you

Argyros
01-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Avian is only really good in maps like LE and the frozen one. Usually you can have a mage to heal you

Considering that he is level 61, it is hard nowadays to find good runs in crypt. Grinding at lions den is a good place to solo, if he has gear then go crypt. Assuming that he doesn't have the best gear, he would probably want to level at lions den/fang. In lions den, there are freeze traps, which will ofc root you. L4-5 avian unroots, it is essential for soloing at this level, even at crypt.
Mages nowadays only look at their own health bar, they never care to see the debuffs/root/low health of their own team mates. Got it?

Anyways, a good pve strategy is- run down the map 10m, collect as many mobs possible without breaking their aggro, thorn wall, shattering (armor debuff), blast, avian, then use other skills(ie break/blind/repulse, depending on the mobs location), repeat.

Cyk
01-28-2014, 10:40 PM

Max out evasion and focus, they're your buffs, max out break, blast, blind, thorn root and thorn wall. Put one in shattering scream. Don't put any points in restore, meditation, or avian scream, they suck.

Break reduces enemies armor, blind reduces enemies hit, blast is a pure strong attack. Thorn root holds a single enemy in place and reduces dodge, thorn wall holds many enemies in place and reduces dodge. All these are useful

Shattering scream when comboed with blast makes Cruel blast, a combo, which does 2x more dmg of blast. To do this, use shatter, than blast. Keep in mind you need to be slightly close for shatter.
Hope it helped.

Okay, so this is the set up to get lots of PVE kills and to damage like mad?

Caiahar
01-29-2014, 12:48 AM

Hope it helped.

Okay, so this is the set up to get lots of PVE kills and to damage like mad?
Pretty much.