PDA

View Full Version : Time limited vanity for capping?

Solid
01-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Like PL's level 76 expansion, if you capped within a week(I think) you got an exclusive vanity and title for doing a hardcore exp grind,

Maybe for our l41 expansion do a similar event?

Energizeric
01-25-2014, 04:48 PM
In PL it was difficult because you had to get 100k and even the best dungeons only gave a couple hundred. Also it wasn't a week, but was 4 days if I remember correctly. I played for 10+ hours per day and I finished on the third day.

In AL you only need 26k and you have dungeons like the tombs where you can get 500+ xp for a run that takes 5 minutes. Last time there were players who finished in a few hours. I don't think it would have the same exclusivity, and half the players would end up with the vanity. Maybe if they want have an exclusive vanity for capping within 24 hours, then that would be decent, but make the period of time too long and there is no challenge.

Solid
01-25-2014, 05:34 PM
In PL it was difficult because you had to get 100k and even the best dungeons only gave a couple hundred. Also it wasn't a week, but was 4 days if I remember correctly. I played for 10+ hours per day and I finished on the third day.

In AL you only need 26k and you have dungeons like the tombs where you can get 500+ xp for a run that takes 5 minutes. Last time there were players who finished in a few hours. I don't think it would have the same exclusivity, and half the players would end up with the vanity. Maybe if they want have an exclusive vanity for capping within 24 hours, then that would be decent, but make the period of time too long and there is no challenge.

24 hours seems fair.

sevenpain
01-25-2014, 07:05 PM
It only take 2 hr to cap btw

Solid
01-25-2014, 08:56 PM

Took me a week. Zzzz

Bless
01-25-2014, 09:44 PM

Took me a week. Zzzz took me a day... Ur lazy

sevenpain
01-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Maybe they should have special reward for top 5 to cap :D

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 12:53 AM
How about the top 25 just like the other leaderboards. Top 25 in each class get a banner.

Nagin
01-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Hell no -_-.... Its not fair!!

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 01:15 AM
Hell no -_-.... Its not fair!!

What's not fair?

drgrimmy
01-26-2014, 03:45 AM

I remember the egg! I thought it was 3 days, but it may have been four (update on Friday, ending on Monday as I remember). Could be fun if they did something similar here. It would encourage me to grind harder to the cap than a first 50 to lvl41 list on the forums which I may or may not ever bother to take a look at ;)

Rare
01-26-2014, 07:46 AM
What's not fair?

Some people live on the other side of the world. While the whole egg idea in pl was a complete turn of for me (total money grab), i would think if you did it it would have to be a fixed amount of time. The first x is heavily dependent on the time the update is released.

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Some people live on the other side of the world. While the whole egg idea in pl was a complete turn of for me (total money grab), i would think if you did it it would have to be a fixed amount of time. The first x is heavily dependent on the time the update is released.

Fair enough, perhaps just give 24 hours then. If you give 24 hours then it's equal for everyone in the world no matter where you live.

Any longer than 24 hours and it becomes too easy and will no longer be very exclusive.

Grimmy: If I remember correctly, it was originally meant to be 3 days until Monday, but they ended up extending it to Tuesday.

Madnex
01-26-2014, 10:28 AM
I believe this would work out with a quest giving system. For 16 hours, the quest giver appears and gives the quest. Upon starting it, a little timer counts down 24 hours.

So no matter if you are the first one to grab it after the servers go back on or the last person that went to sleep a little before the update went on, you will still have an equal chance to grind for the same amount of time in order to grab your vanity. How's that?

Rare
01-26-2014, 10:38 AM
I believe this would work out with a quest giving system. For 16 hours, the quest giver appears and gives the quest. Upon starting it, a little timer counts down 24 hours.

So no matter if you are the first one to grab it after the servers go back on or the last person that went to sleep a little before the update went on, you will still have an equal chance to grind for the same amount of time in order to grab your vanity. How's that?

Good idea

Solid
01-26-2014, 12:06 PM

*levels to level 40, one exp to level 41, takes quest- boom"

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 01:11 PM

Make it so the quest can only be taken if you are level 36 (or lower)

Madnex
01-26-2014, 02:13 PM
The time you can take the quest is limited. If you can reach the level cap in the first 16 hours the quest giver will be out, you can do the exact same thing by taking the quest at the first minute or the last - no difference or exploit here.

*asks around "Is 16 greater than 24?". "No", comes the instant answer.*

Solid
01-26-2014, 02:16 PM
The time you can take the quest is limited. If you can level in the first 16 hours the quest giver will be out, you can do the exact same thing by taking the quest at the first minute or the last - no difference or exploit here.

*asks around "Is 16 greater than 24?". "No", comes the instant answer*

So you can only take the quest within 16 hours? And it ends in 16 hours?

You could level up to the max within 15:59 hrs, then take the quest.

Madnex
01-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Uh, what you're looking to find is just not there.

Considering the new expansion's default experience boost, the high threat levels that also rise exp gain multiplier and how people are going to rush in to complete everything and level offering full party bonus exp, I can safely tell you that if you don't deliberately stop, you can cap in a lot less than 15 hours -taking the quest from the start or at the last minute.

If you're seriously aiming to get that vanity and you're not just fooling around, you will do it either way.

In case that still is such a serious issue, the quest giver could block your path until you take the quest.

Solid
01-26-2014, 07:16 PM

Considering the new expansion's default experience boost, the high threat levels that also rise exp gain multiplier and how people are going to rush in to complete everything and level offering full party bonus exp, I can safely tell you that if you don't deliberately stop, you can cap in a lot less than 15 hours -taking the quest from the start or at the last minute.

If you're seriously aiming to get that vanity and you're not just fooling around, you will do it either way.

In case that still is such a serious issue, the quest giver could block your path until you take the quest.

I suggest for the timer to immediately count down as you log in,

Also there is no default exp boost, it has been 26k for the past 2 seasons.

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 07:55 PM

I think you are missing the point that was made above. Different players are in different time zones, so if the expansion is released at 3pm Central Standard Time (the time zone that Spacetime is in), then it is 3am in China and Chinese players would be at a disadvantage since they will not being playing until the following day (possibly even that afternoon if they have school/work).

There needs to be some way to even the playing field among different time zones. I suggested just having a 24 hour time limit. Anything less than 24 hours is bias against certain time zones and favors other time zones as the hours you strip from the full day will be prime playing hours for some time zones and will be the middle of the night for others.

Madnex
01-26-2014, 08:14 PM
There has always been an exp boost at the latest campaign. You simply don't understand how some things like threat level function. And even then, people would just postpone their login until the weekend.

And ener, are we looking for a solution that will satisfy everyone or one that will satisfy the majority? It's understandable that it's rather hard to come up with such a system now but I don't see any ideas coming close to the first one. If we're looking for the second we may as well do as you suggested since that will benefit the most players.

Solid
01-26-2014, 09:09 PM
There has always been an exp boost at the latest campaign. You simply don't understand how some things like threat level function. And even then, people would just postpone their login until the weekend.

And ener, are we looking for a solution that will satisfy everyone or one that will satisfy the majority? It's understandable that it's rather hard to come up with such a system now but I don't see any ideas coming close to the first one. If we're looking for the second we may as well do as you suggested since that will benefit the most players.

Except there wasn't an exp boost......
Were you here the past seasons?

Level 26-31 - 26k
Level 31-36 - 26k

Correct me IF I'm wrong.

Madnex
01-27-2014, 03:44 AM
Except there wasn't an exp boost......
Were you here the past seasons?

Level 26-31 - 26k
Level 31-36 - 26k

Correct me IF I'm wrong.
You are probably not getting what I mean. I'm not talking about the amount of exp needed to cap, that has been 26k in the last seasons indeed. I'm talking about how fast you level on the last expansion.

Each campaign has a level range. Usually five-six levels, eg. 1-6. You can realize that as level one and two you would get more experience in this example right? As you progress to the max level, exp gets lower and lower to 0.5x exp per kill I believe.

Except for this level difference adjusting the exp multiplier, I'm also suspecting that the latest campaign has a default ~+10% exp. I had once done some calculations between the two last campaigns (Kraken Isles & Nordr) that showed a difference in the exp gain per run; considering the level of player and the level of the mobs, the type of mobs and how much exp they gave each.

This should have made it clear enough now.