PDA

View Full Version : AL vs PL!

Itoopeo
01-26-2014, 03:57 AM
So.. lets continue this discussion here :)

I think PL is too much based on grinding, because without elixirs its painfully slow to make 1-76. With a lot platinium its possible to do that in one day (less than 24 hours without sleeping). I AL grinding is more worth it, but elixers are crap. PL PvE is more fun tho, due to better mechanics and nicer interface.

Jig
01-26-2014, 04:29 AM
So.. lets continue this discussion here :)

I think PL is too much based on grinding, because without elixirs its painfully slow to make 1-76. With a lot platinium its possible to do that in one day (less than 24 hours without sleeping). I AL grinding is more worth it, but elixers are crap. PL PvE is more fun tho, due to better mechanics and nicer interface.

1. Reason why elixirs in AL isn't as great as PL is because AL is easier to grind exp, even WITHOUT elixirs, using elixirs and combos while lvling up, can lvl you up pretty darn fast in AL, not needing NO help.
2. PL Has many more elixirs and better elixirs is because PL is a much LARGER game, there is a lott more exp to grind, meaning, more stronger combos.

AL is a lot more detailed, and the time put into campaigns, example, short-scenes, now thats something new! admit it, al has amazing beautiful graphics! If you really understand how al works, you will be able to lvl many toons in al. Especially straight to 36! The only things you would HAVE to use platinum on is I think, buying SOME rare pets, most are lootable, name change of course! umm and to open locked chests. As for other things, you do not need platinum to expand your inventory space, or your Auction house slots, OR your stash slots. You can expand these things by during daily bard quests, they tell you stories, you run through, finish it, and gain an amount of 10 story tokens, them story tokens go towards pets also! so pets, inventory slots, Auction house slots, stash slots, and 1-2 others I can't think of right now.

PL, on the other hand, is an amazingly simple game which I LOVE, so simple, looks great! but there is a lot more elixirs involved to lvl up, meaning=PL takes more platinum to lvl up then AL needs. And who said AL is all plat based? yeah no think again. AL has many ways to get around not using platinum, you do NOT need platinum to be a successful player, you just simply need to learn the game from top to bottom, and go hard! luck elixirs in PL? how much? shamus eliixir 20 platinum? in AL the luck elixir for 25% is for 4 platinum.

Burstguard
01-26-2014, 09:51 AM
1. Reason why elixirs in AL isn't as great as PL is because AL is easier to grind exp, even WITHOUT elixirs, using elixirs and combos while lvling up, can lvl you up pretty darn fast in AL, not needing NO help.
2. PL Has many more elixirs and better elixirs is because PL is a much LARGER game, there is a lott more exp to grind, meaning, more stronger combos.

AL is a lot more detailed, and the time put into campaigns, example, short-scenes, now thats something new! admit it, al has amazing beautiful graphics! If you really understand how al works, you will be able to lvl many toons in al. Especially straight to 36! The only things you would HAVE to use platinum on is I think, buying SOME rare pets, most are lootable, name change of course! umm and to open locked chests. As for other things, you do not need platinum to expand your inventory space, or your Auction house slots, OR your stash slots. You can expand these things by during daily bard quests, they tell you stories, you run through, finish it, and gain an amount of 10 story tokens, them story tokens go towards pets also! so pets, inventory slots, Auction house slots, stash slots, and 1-2 others I can't think of right now.

PL, on the other hand, is an amazingly simple game which I LOVE, so simple, looks great! but there is a lot more elixirs involved to lvl up, meaning=PL takes more platinum to lvl up then AL needs. And who said AL is all plat based? yeah no think again. AL has many ways to get around not using platinum, you do NOT need platinum to be a successful player, you just simply need to learn the game from top to bottom, and go hard! luck elixirs in PL? how much? shamus eliixir 20 platinum? in AL the luck elixir for 25% is for 4 platinum.
yea but shamus elixer 100% luck... 25% doesnt seem worth it.

Itoopeo
01-26-2014, 12:39 PM
You can rotate camera around in PL but cat in AL (hate that)

But in SL you can rotate in all directions. AL skills are nothing compared to PL skills. Like try to think about warriors mega hammer jump skill. Usually it doesnt even hit the target, but target still takes damage. And then logg in to PL and try bears LvL 9 Beckon+Stomp. Thats simply amazing thing, which AL doesnt have. Al has lack of EPIC skills.

And remember, PL has a lot more items to loot and try out. And sets also. In AL you can equip nordr sets at Level 15 which is so stupid. If you want to use Void set in PL, you know that you NEED to be level 50 for that. Theres no such as L30 Void set and L70 Void set plus that original L50 Void.

fourleaf
01-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Rotate Camera
Cheaper Plat
More Areas
More Classes
More Skills
Ninja
First Game

Itoopeo
01-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Rotate Camera
Cheaper Plat
More Areas
More Classes
More Skills
Ninja
First Game

What is this?

Trenton
01-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Rotate Camera
Cheaper Plat
The very first time you buy plat, you get 50% more. You also don't need as much plat in AL, so what's the point of cheaper plat unless you waste your money on locked crates?

More Areas
AL has only been out a little over a year, and yet it has half the amount of maps that PL does. Wait until AL is out for another two years.

More Classes
It has more classes because PL was desperate for bringing people back, its not like they're any better.

More Skills
As there are more skills, you can't upgrade your skills in PL, can you?

Ninja
From what I know, he quit to do college/move to or From Finland, can't remember, but he's on forums sometimes.

First Game
Congrats, does older mean better? No. How do people say PvE is better in PL? PL's PvE anymore is complete trash, because unless you have elixirs, its gg. AL's PvE is so much more fun, I could solo to 36 if I wanted.

No Camera Rotation- You'll get used to it after about a week.

PvP- Much more competitive and fun than PL's PvP, it's actually halfway balanced.

Leaderboards- Something to actually try to achieve, instead of PL's joke of leaderboards.

Quests- A real storyline, other than PL's random quests that don't really go together.

There's so many more pluses over PL, its just pretty much a joke anymore besides a bit of PvP.

Good luck with PL updates :)

Itoopeo
01-26-2014, 04:14 PM
How do people say PvE is better in PL? PL's PvE anymore is complete trash, because unless you have elixirs, its gg. AL's PvE is so much more fun, I could solo to 36 if I wanted.

No Camera Rotation- You'll get used to it after about a week.

PvP- Much more competitive and fun than PL's PvP, it's actually halfway balanced.

Leaderboards- Something to actually try to achieve, instead of PL's joke of leaderboards.

Quests- A real storyline, other than PL's random quests that don't really go together.

There's so many more pluses over PL, its just pretty much a joke anymore besides a bit of PvP.

Good luck with PL updates :)

Lol PL skills are actually better and there are more of them. Thats the plus side to AL. Also Pl mechanics are more smooth and do well together than AL mechanics.
If you use stomp, and in mid air use slash, your charater switches to slash when coming down. In AL, if you use skyward smash, and then hammer throw, your charater randomly teleports down and continues with axe throw animation. Also it looks so annoyingly laggy/choppy that some people just hate it.

A littlebit about this camera system: In AL you can be killed by nsiper rogue from your blind spot (right down corner). In PL you can watch to all directions, and maps also look a lot more open that way

Jig
01-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Lol PL skills are actually better and there are more of them. Thats the plus side to AL. Also Pl mechanics are more smooth and do well together than AL mechanics.
If you use stomp, and in mid air use slash, your charater switches to slash when coming down. In AL, if you use skyward smash, and then hammer throw, your charater randomly teleports down and continues with axe throw animation. Also it looks so annoyingly laggy/choppy that some people just hate it.

A littlebit about this camera system: In AL you can be killed by nsiper rogue from your blind spot (right down corner). In PL you can watch to all directions, and maps also look a lot more open that way

There is a reason why they did this in AL, is because Al is made to be a lot more.. Idk what to say but has a lot of dmg even though it's still at 36, adding more skills like pl, would ruin the game, like literally it will be TOTALLY OUT OF BALANCE, it has to he 4 skills.

For the shamus elixirs again, 25%+Lepre or buying the combo 30%+Lepre=45% re roll, does just as good as the re roll in PL, trust me, its great! Until you have tried it yourself, you will have no idea.

For the Camera rotation, that is the most thing I hated when I play AL, BUT you start to get used to it, and you even learn of it

And Pl lb's are worst than al lb's, more prizes and achievements and its just a lot cooler, timed runs etc.. But they're similar with one thing, lots of boosting. All I have to say for now

DocDoBig
01-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Ninja and studying?
He's on Swotr now and waiting (together with me) for Wildstar (http://www.wildstar-online.com/).

He's on kik 24/7 as well.

Jig
01-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Ninja and studying?
He's on Swotr now and waiting (together with me) for Wildstar (http://www.wildstar-online.com/).

Wtf is that game doc?!?!?! looks sick!!

Zylx
01-27-2014, 03:43 AM
AL is better than PL cuz PL is worse than AL at being better.

Note: this is the first time i've ever looked in this section of the forums

DocDoBig
01-27-2014, 03:44 AM

Wildstar, currently in Beta Key giveaway though.

Ikr kul game.

Jig
01-27-2014, 04:27 AM
Wildstar, currently in Beta Key giveaway though.

Ikr kul game.

I need to find gameplay, all I know now is that it only runs on windows, and yeah what you said in beta still :-(

dudetus
01-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Ninja and studying?

Yea, Im focusin on SWtOR but I log on PL occasionally to meet my fans!

WildStar, upcoming sci-fi MMO from carbine studios. It's comin on early Q2. The thing which sperates WildStar from other MMOs is the way targeting has been build. Most skills must be actually aimed instead of just clicking on skill.

If interested, check their game/class/race/path trailers!

Extreme
01-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Yea, Im focusin on SWtOR but I log on PL occasionally to meet my fans!

WildStar, upcoming sci-fi MMO from carbine studios. It's comin on early Q2. The thing which sperates WildStar from other MMOs is the way targeting has been build. Most skills must be actually aimed instead of just clicking on skill.

If interested, check their game/class/race/path trailers!

Hai Uncle

dudetus
01-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Hai Uncle

Hello nephew. How's school?

Sakshat Sinha
01-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Sorry but i dont reely play al but can you hybrid in al ?

Caiahar
01-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Sorry but i dont reely play al but can you hybrid in al ?
Not at all.

DocDoBig
01-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Wow I and Larry will be WS founders.

Impact
01-27-2014, 03:18 PM
I find it harder to merch in al, terrible pvp setup hard to rj and join different games, no hosting games(I understand why but really? Just make it no password or booting), super expensive gear, vanities and pets, annoying no camera rotation, annoying 4 skills, terrible chest drop rate( opened 100+ NOTHING), lbs are worst due to prizes make people encouraged to boost moar, and not kicking known boosters off lbs.

Itoopeo
01-27-2014, 03:41 PM
I find it harder to merch in al, terrible pvp setup hard to rj and join different games, no hosting games(I understand why but really? Just make it no password or booting), super expensive gear, vanities and pets, annoying no camera rotation, annoying 4 skills, terrible chest drop rate( opened 100+ NOTHING), lbs are worst due to prizes make people encouraged to boost moar, and not kicking known boosters off lbs.

Lol i agree with him

XghostzX
01-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Those who favor PL over AL are in this denial thing (first step to any problem is recognizing/accepting it). I play PL but for certain reasons.

First off I'd like to say that if I were new to STS games, I would (and atm still believe) that AL is a better game. I'll try to provide some legitimate, personal reasons by I prefer PL over AL.

1. I've started playing PL the first month it was out. I've spent a lot of time here, and have met a ton of insanely cool people. This is the only game I'll ever play (other than super smash bros) that I'll every truly understand the game mechanics. I enjoy mastering the game I play. I've tried going to AL and other games, but it's tough because I'm extremely competitive and want to jump straight into things like PvP. PL is the only game where I'll be ahead of the game, and I do enjoy this.

2. I really hate how you can only use 4 skills at a time in AL. Now, I know that players get used to it, but the whole skill-charging thing throws me off. I feel that I have to look down just to make sure my skills are fully charged. This is a hassle to me.

3. PL pvp is way more quicker - you really have to think on your feet. I love the rapid pace (AL isn't as intense because, again, you're restricted to 4 skills. Don't even get me started with SL's PvP).

4. The PL community beats any other MMO community. That includes AL/DL/SL, runescape, WoW - the list just goes on. This is something very unique to STS.

Other than that, AL is a hella' better game. I mean come on PL users: Beautiful graphics and gear, team play with more than just PvE and PvP, pets that help you in battle, competitions and unique leaderboards, plus very frequent updates. I wish I played AL.. but part of me doesn't want to give up PL.

There's this cute little psychology term called "confirmation bias". When you want to favor something you partake in, you search for other peoples opinions that match yours as a coping mechanism.

fourleaf
01-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Honestly AL graphics are better, I don't really think they are that much better though, especially conisidering the fixed camera, that I still did not adjust to after my original month of playing.

Cheaper Plat
The very first time you buy plat, you get 50% more. You also don't need as much plat in AL, so what's the point of cheaper plat unless you waste your money on locked crates?
Which is what I would do if I played it

More Areas
AL has only been out a little over a year, and yet it has half the amount of maps that PL does. Wait until AL is out for another two years.
PL was at a 50 cap in under a year with far more areas even then

More Classes
It has more classes because PL was desperate for bringing people back, its not like they're any better.
just more to play and learn

More Skills
As there are more skills, you can't upgrade your skills in PL, can you?
every rank upgrades them, not differently but I'd rather than 12 skills than 4 or 5

First Game
Congrats, does older mean better? No.
Just has the devs hearts and souls poured into it, moreso than the newer ones