PDA

View Full Version : Samael.......

Khaphyn
01-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Should I open the Samael Egg and use him as my Sorcerer's pet??I currently use Malison...What other pets should I use..My Dps is 723 and Dam is 405....Any suggestions are welcome

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Frekken
01-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Open it on a char you play a lot. In pvp is like finding the Grial. If you play pve sell it and wait expansion and see what the bring

falmear
01-26-2014, 01:46 PM
I suggest you open it on one of your toons. No matter what is released next expansion, Samael will always be good. Weapons diminish over time as they release new weapons. Even if they release a new pet better then Samael (which is hard to imagine), it doesn't affect Samael in anyway. In the beginning the price will be significantly more then what Samael sells for now. Other pets you can use on your mage in no specific order:

Crawly
Orion
Colton
Clyde (plat only)
Slag (if you find someone selling one)
Wrathjaw
Loki
Kettle
Ribbit
Grimm

Ihateppl
01-26-2014, 02:05 PM
im selling a loki if you want

ign: ihateppl

Morholt
01-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Selling it would give you a huge advantage to start off next season.

Samael may be a beastly pet, but I remember showing/calculating in a post how it's virtually impossible to play enough to justify the cost of opening it. The power increase of Samael over a pet like Slag isn't much compared to the cost of it. The only reason to open it would be if you think it'll get you a spot on the timed leaderboard, or you seriously love PvP.

You'd get a much better boost by selling it and getting a Slag egg & lvl 36 mythic weapon. You'd probably still have some gold left over. Personally, I'd wait for those lvl 41 mythics to be released. You'd likely be able to afford one.
And unlike opening an egg, whatever item you get is tradeable. It may lose a little value over time, but it never instantly drops to 0, like when you open your Samael egg.

Also, sell the egg now before there are any events that make people open lots of crates, as there is potential for more Samaels and arcane eggs to compete against you selling yours...or worse, a new equally powerful arcane pet is released.

Fauksuras
01-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Well pets dont devalue over time as levels arise. In fact they get stronger.
A pet like Samael is well worth the gold if you pvp. If pets had pvp stats Im sure Samael would have more kills than most people in leaderboard, its veeeery strong.

Crowsfoot
01-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Open, period. If you don't have you need it.

Kakashis
01-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Samael is the most OP pet in any condition. In pve, banish happens often enough that makes it worth it's while!

X29798
01-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Open. End.

Instanthumor
01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Give to me. All your problems are now solved.