PDA

View Full Version : Are current mythic items going to be upgradeable to lv41 mythics?

chorba69
01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone.
As the title says, is there any confirmation that current mythic items will be upgradeable to lv41?
Or at least, are armor+helm going to be upgradeable/tradeable?
Thanks

Ihateppl
01-26-2014, 02:19 PM
"mythic armor" we can rebuild it, make it faster, stronger, it is... the 6 million gold suit

keikali
01-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Stop making these threads. No one knows. The power level of these threads have gone over 9000.

chorba69
01-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Stop making these threads. No one knows. The power level of these threads have gone over 9000.

How about you relax? I wasnt around past few weeks so I dont know and I haven't read every single thread on the forum. Gosh..

Rare
01-26-2014, 04:10 PM
How about you relax? I wasnt around past few weeks so I dont know and I haven't read every single thread on the forum. Gosh..

That's what the search function is for. Just a tip

Sheener
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Even if u cant upgrade it. It will prob still be better than lvl 41 legendary

X29798
01-26-2014, 05:56 PM
STS is discussing it behind the scenes. They will post their decision later.

Hectororius
01-26-2014, 06:33 PM
I heard that they will be upgradable.

faychen
01-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Even if u cant upgrade it. It will prob still be better than lvl 41 legendary

Agree😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 07:59 PM
I doubt any more items will be upgradable ever. I think STS is sorry they ever made the original mythic helm & armor upgradable as it has lead to endless threads like this with folks asking for every other item to be upgradable.

In Pocket Legends we never had a single item that was ever upgradable through expansions all the way up to level 76.

And you know what? It's more fun that way as you actually have something to do in the next expansion. The problem with having gear upgradable is that the legendary items from the new campaign are not worth very much as there is little demand for them, and so then nobody wants to farm elites because it is not worth the time for the little money that can be made, and the end result is a boring PvE part of the game.

The only interesting thing you could farm in the Shuyal expansion was the archon rings and that was because the mythic ring was not upgradable. Architect helms and armors were worth less than 50k because everyone upgraded their mythics. I don't want to see a repeat of this in the next campaign. If there is I may be bored enough that I will find a new game.

Khylan
01-26-2014, 09:44 PM
I doubt any more items will be upgradable ever. I think STS is sorry they ever made the original mythic helm & armor upgradable as it has lead to endless threads like this with folks asking for every other item to be upgradable.

In Pocket Legends we never had a single item that was ever upgradable through expansions all the way up to level 76.

And you know what? It's more fun that way as you actually have something to do in the next expansion. The problem with having gear upgradable is that the legendary items from the new campaign are not worth very much as there is little demand for them, and so then nobody wants to farm elites because it is not worth the time for the little money that can be made, and the end result is a boring PvE part of the game.

The only interesting thing you could farm in the Shuyal expansion was the archon rings and that was because the mythic ring was not upgradable. Architect helms and armors were worth less than 50k because everyone upgraded their mythics. I don't want to see a repeat of this in the next campaign. If there is I may be bored enough that I will find a new game.

The mythic helm and chest still drop, and still sell for quite a bit of money last time I checked. What happens to the lev 26/31 mythic armor if new armor starts dropping? Why would anyone spend money on obsolete armor in order to do a quest for more obsolete armor? If there is a mythic 41 or 46 armor set, and I get a 26 helm after opening 200+ crates, I would smash my face against my MBA. If the armor is upgradable at 46 (or hat at 41, whatever) the level 26 mythic hat still has value, and you still have to quest to get it to 36, then again to get it to the next level.
The only reason a player would rather have new level 41 or 46 mythic armor dropping out of crates instead of an upgrade quest is because he is lazy, or a greedy merch.

STS has already said the way loot enters the game is being modified/changed/staggered for the new expansion. There are 3 slots besides the chest/helm that can still be farmed, and there really aren't that many people that have the mythic set---Just because everyone in your guild does doesn't mean everyone that plays does! The player base is maturing so there are going to be more people that saved and bought the armor. This is a good thing for STS. It is much easier to get money out of existing customers than new customers in the long haul. Making the current mythic armor obsolete and replacing it with more slot machine loot (arcane pets, weapons) will alienate more players than it brings in.

I really hope as the player base grows STS shifts from "compugacha" for high end loot. If you want to see a really nice implementation of using real world money to advance in a game play Dead Trigger 2 for a bit, their system is pretty awesome. I really like playing Arcane Legends--first game I have stuck with since quitting WoW a few years ago!
Lets hope whatever STS comes up with it will make more people happy than it does mad!!

Sceazikua
01-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Did you even read the "itemization" thread in suggestion/feedback forum? all new items wont be there since the beginning of the season, maybe like 3 or 4 weeks later. And I doubt they are making a new mythic set too. Mythic lvl 36 will be slightly better than legendaries, and unupgraded will be for twinks usage. You had the best gear set for 2 seasons already, why not let go and be normal for one season? Isnt it boring to only use one same gear set all the time?
Check this, and see how its confirmed when a dev thanked : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?133608-Addicted-to-upgrades

Energizeric
01-27-2014, 12:16 AM
The mythic helm and chest still drop, and still sell for quite a bit of money last time I checked. What happens to the lev 26/31 mythic armor if new armor starts dropping? Why would anyone spend money on obsolete armor in order to do a quest for more obsolete armor? If there is a mythic 41 or 46 armor set, and I get a 26 helm after opening 200+ crates, I would smash my face against my MBA.

There is always a big market for twink items. Just like how arcane hooks still sells for 8m+ even though much better rogue weapons exist, mythic helms and armor will still sell for a decent amount. If you want to get the achievement for crafting the level 36 set, then you need them, and if you want to do PvP at level 26, 31 or 36, they are the best armor and helm, by far.

Judging by all the recent threads complaining about how the "Top Players" leaderboard is calculated, I think there are TONS of players who want to compete for that, and all of them will need the mythic crafting achievement. And each time one of those sets becomes crafted, it can no longer be traded, so it removes both the helm and armor from the market. So the market will never be flooded with these items.

The level 31 mythic weapons are discontinued, so those will retain their value as rare overpowered twink weapons. And the mythic amulets and ring will continue to be great twink items. The market on the ring and amulet could become saturated since they always remain tradable and they are not discontinued. So those two items could see their prices become reduced over time.

Daddyblu
01-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Hello everyone.
As the title says, is there any confirmation that current mythic items will be upgradeable to lv41?
Or at least, are armor+helm going to be upgradeable/tradeable?
Thanks

Mythic wont be upgradable.

1. STS cant make money anymore why? because if there is a new mythic / arcane a lot of people ill open crates.
2. If mythic will be upgradable no one will farm elite for cheap pinks. since most of the players are full mythics,

Alhuntrazeck
01-27-2014, 12:42 AM
I think it'd be good to simply have us upgrade our existing mythic armor and helm to 41 with a rigorous questline that will have to take us weeks to complete. These upgraded mythics will be stronger than 41 legendaries. Then STG can release by, say, mid s6 mythics that are even better than 41 upgraded Vili/himingleva/uller mythics. This would satisfy everyone Imo and would let ppl have the best gear for half a season before new mythics arrive (which will satisfy the hardcores).

Of course, adding Arcane armor and helms will change things :p

Energizeric
01-27-2014, 12:56 AM
I think it'd be good to simply have us upgrade our existing mythic armor and helm to 41 with a rigorous questline that will have to take us weeks to complete. These upgraded mythics will be stronger than 41 legendaries. Then STG can release by, say, mid s6 mythics that are even better than 41 upgraded Vili/himingleva/uller mythics. This would satisfy everyone Imo and would let ppl have the best gear for half a season before new mythics arrive (which will satisfy the hardcores).

Of course, adding Arcane armor and helms will change things :p

Not a bad idea at all! However, the quest better really take weeks. I don't want to see players walking around with the new sets after 2 days. It needs to be a really hard quest, one that can be done, but one that is actually difficult AND time consuming.

Morholt
01-27-2014, 01:10 AM

Of course, adding Arcane armor and helms will change things :pUpgrading them just to have better mythics released is kind of pointless, seeing that the 36 mythics are going to already be more powerful than the 41 legendaries. Why make a middle item when they already are?
Upgrading 5 levels is crazy, but giving a small buff like hooks got (if actually needed) is plenty reasonable.

As for arcanes....! Woooo! That'll be crazy stuff. I'd laugh to see a 36 arcane armor to be released instead of the 'dreaded' 41 mythic armor. lol

Kakashis
01-27-2014, 01:31 AM
I'm okay with the mythic armor and helms being compatible with the initial legendaries and then slowly getting phased out with mid season legendaries. I just want them tradable if they're going to be junk, but hopefully that will be 46

Alhuntrazeck
01-27-2014, 02:30 AM
Upgrading them just to have better mythics released is kind of pointless, seeing that the 36 mythics are going to already be more powerful than the 41 legendaries. Why make a middle item when they already are?
Upgrading 5 levels is crazy, but giving a small buff like hooks got (if actually needed) is plenty reasonable.

As for arcanes....! Woooo! That'll be crazy stuff. I'd laugh to see a 36 arcane armor to be released instead of the 'dreaded' 41 mythic armor. lol
Think of it as being 3 tiered: the top players, merchants and plat players can have the new mythics while those who aren't as rich/have no hope of accumulating ~20m can upgrade their existing stuff and lastly those who don't have enough for vili/himingleva/uller mythics can go with legendaries. Of course the old mythics don't need to have a huge boost, just a few damage and a hundred or so health points over new legendaries.

Not a bad idea at all! However, the quest better really take weeks. I don't want to see players walking around with the new sets after 2 days. It needs to be a really hard quest, one that can be done, but one that is actually difficult AND time consuming.

Thanks, its time AL got a really hard quest Imo, one that could possibly pull guilds together in working towards a common goal...maybe like killing each of the Elusive 4 AFTER receiving the quest, or, say, killing specific arena bosses a specific number of times. Or even harder stuff.

Morholt
01-27-2014, 03:31 AM
Eh, 3 tiers sounds good, but what would be amazing to achieve this (while also being a long term solution to the economy) is if they just released a new batch of mythics every 5 lvls. It'd make it so each new set of mythics would be extremely expensive and rare to have all of in the current season. A person would be lucky with just one or two. It'd be a truly rare site for a maxed out player to be walking around, unlike nowadays--go to Paradise Pier and everyone is. Then most people are wearing prevous lvl mythics and current elite legendary gear. It'd make it so that PvP could be playable with farmed gear. And farming elite maps would be worth it. I could see a lvl 46 elite legendary staff of brutality going for 1 million.
And sts can randomly sprinkle in an arcane here and there (preferably, one for each class at each time).

Alhuntrazeck
01-27-2014, 04:05 AM
Eh, 3 tiers sounds good, but what would be amazing to achieve this (while also being a long term solution to the economy) is if they just released a new batch of mythics every 5 lvls. It'd make it so each new set of mythics would be extremely expensive and rare to have all of in the current season. A person would be lucky with just one or two. It'd be a truly rare site for a maxed out player to be walking around, unlike nowadays--go to Paradise Pier and everyone is. Then most people are wearing prevous lvl mythics and current elite legendary gear. It'd make it so that PvP could be playable with farmed gear. And farming elite maps would be worth it. I could see a lvl 46 elite legendary staff of brutality going for 1 million.
And sts can randomly sprinkle in an arcane here and there (preferably, one for each class at each time).

I catch your drift. Mythics would have to be so rare that they'd be like this seasons arcanes - thus bringing up the value of legendaries thereby motivating more ppl to farm. But if STG keeps up wih the current state of things, that would be extremely hard/near impossible to achieve...

Energizeric
01-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Yup, I always say the rarer elite items are, the better it is for the game.

Zorin
01-27-2014, 04:03 PM
How about this, make your 'current' mythics upgradeable to 41 but have new lvl 41 mythics upgradeable to 46.

New design, fashioned from dragon scales; no skirt, clogs and yoga pants.

So 'old' players who won't feel sad about their mythics and 'new' players can have something to look forward to. We all win right?

I would just like to see something brand new.

kthnxbye,
New player

Samhayne
01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, we know that people are keen to know what the plan is with Mythics and itemization in general. We're not ready to comment on that topic at this time, so, you guessed it, no comment.

Thanks for your enthusiasm for Arcane Legends!

Striderevil
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM
It would be so much easier if rare recipe mythic obtained items were included to level up gear and give it extra properties like more dodge or speed etc, then higher the mythic level on sale higher its cost as well depending on its diversity and spec. Like a rare gem that was named in orange and obtained from puzzle or lockeds

LordDravek
01-27-2014, 05:54 PM
I like to stay entertained. I hope STS throws something at everyone, unexpectedly, and we all go crazy to make the mark. Guild required quests and APs would be a fail. Not everyone is in a guild and some players could care less to be under a tyrannical reign of a few local friends. However , it has it's place.

I agree that upgrades should take more time, but leaving them out of itemization would be another Ice Age of Tarlock with more additions to the failed pink collection, with the exception of looks.

Too bad there is no hierarchy upgrading from white to arcane. That would be spectacular, with a difficulty rating as you step up/attempt the feat. xD

just a few quick thoughts. ill probably rethink this later and re edit

Kakashis
01-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Hey guys, we know that people are keen to know what the plan is with Mythics and itemization in general. We're not ready to comment on that topic at this time, so, you guessed it, no comment.

Fair enough! Hopefully they won't get written off like the hooks especially one expansion after they've just been upgraded!

Madnex
01-27-2014, 09:39 PM

IMHO, if someone reads carefully, there's a certain dev post where it's clear to which decision they're leaning to.

Until I find a way to profit from the change, I'll just give that little clue. :)

Anarchist
01-28-2014, 12:19 AM
IMHO, if someone reads carefully, there's a certain dev post where it's clear to which decision they're leaning to.

Until I find a way to profit from the change, I'll just give that little clue. :)

Come on tell us, we will give you a bag of candies and sugar goodies c:

Madnex
01-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Come on tell us, we will give you a bag of candies and sugar goodies c:
What size of bag we're talking about?

Bigdoggy
01-28-2014, 11:05 AM

agree, they should be upgradable, but need to consume time for most common players to keep playing

Kakashis
01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
It better not be something like it needs to be super gemmed up before you can do something with it lol

Daddyblu
01-29-2014, 02:08 AM

more concern about arcane items LOL!

Maybe ti be fair you can upgrade all 3 arcane weapons to 41 with a 1 month quest

Raltz
01-29-2014, 04:35 AM
You guys need to think this out a bit what would be the point of staggering the items if you can just keep hoarding your mythics and upgrading? The whole new itemization sts spent so much time figuring out will be pointless, and might as well have spent it fixing other issues. They will still be better than the pinks anyway so I don't see a reason to ruin itemization just to make them 41 if you could tell the mythic helm was already outdated this season and needed the upgrade the only thing that would get an upgrade if it really comes to it would be the ring and amulet. And besides they don't make money by making your mythics upgradable they make money by releasing new ones ;)

Eski
01-29-2014, 06:21 AM
When mythic armor become tradeable the pricess will fall,deep
And the whole restore ap would be useless

Hectororius
01-29-2014, 10:15 AM
How about this. In a few months time, we won't care about upgrading our current mythics to whatever level. We'll just enjoy the game and continue playing with newer and better gear.

the upgraded mythics will become tradeable at lvl 36, so whatever it sells for fine, you can get some money back from it.

The helm and armor will still be available from respective elite chests at their respective levels, and if you still want to get the [Hero of Legend] AP, you'll still need to get the mythic armors and complete the existing quest to get the AP.

Why would you bother with this? Here's why. you'll have the use of the helm for 15 Levels (26-41 cuz it will still be good at lvl 41)!!!!!!!!! and you'll have use of the armor for 10 levels (again it will be good till lvl 41). And if you are completionist about APs, you will take the time to invest in getting the armor and completing the quest like everyone else that has gone through the process. Will the mythics still cost millions to get at this point? probably not, but they will still be worth more than the gears at lvl 26-41 currently will be.

Life goes on, we'll have cool looking mythic Dragon gear (oh look, the mythic gears relate to the newer story lines) and people will be happy running around smashing mobs and killing each other in PvP.

Eski
01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
I dont think that sts would do that..