PDA

View Full Version : TIME SHIFT or frost bolt?

Firebluezeu$
01-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Im just wondering which one is better? In pvp? In pve? Both?

Zliffer
01-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Ice is nice for PVE and PVP, Time is just for PVE.
If you are focussed for pvp then go for ice, if you are focused on pve then go for both.

Newcomx
01-27-2014, 01:37 AM
I like frost for both :D

Sceazikua
01-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Ice is nice for PVE and PVP, Time is just for PVE.
If you are focussed for pvp then go for ice, if you are focused on pve then go for both.

time shift does massive damage if you can charge them, the dot is like fireball but happens like 5 times more, and the initial damage is highest of any sorc's skills.

Wutzgood
01-27-2014, 10:08 AM
time shift does massive damage if you can charge them, the dot is like fireball but happens like 5 times more, and the initial damage is highest of any sorc's skills.

Lightning is the highest initial damage Mage attack. Time and ice are equal in initial damage. Time just has a ridiculous amount of dot after.

For pvp ice and pve time. Dropping that clock on a mob is one of the most amazing skills to watch in the game.

Sorcerie
01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
I run a fire, ice, light build.

Mostly because I charge all my skills and this build allows for a seamless stream of charged attacks due to the fast cooldowns of ice and light. I pump out insane amounts of damage quickly, but I don't have the benefit of being able to run away like i did back when i had clock. The major drawback to clock is the cooldown, sometimes it can mean life or death waiting for that skill to charge - but i wont deny how powerful it is. I just prefer to keep the enemies on complete lock down and be on the offensive, they can't kill me if they're dead, lol.

Firebluezeu$
01-27-2014, 01:17 PM
I run a fire, ice, light build.

Mostly because I charge all my skills and this build allows for a seamless stream of charged attacks due to the fast cooldowns of ice and light. I pump out insane amounts of damage quickly, but I don't have the benefit of being able to run away like i did back when i had clock. The major drawback to clock is the cooldown, sometimes it can mean life or death waiting for that skill to charge - but i wont deny how powerful it is. I just prefer to keep the enemies on complete lock down and be on the offensive, they can't kill me if they're dead, lol.

Lool so my build is fire,frost,shield,heal and time... Is this good

Sorcerie
01-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Lool so my build is fire,frost,shield,heal and time... Is this goodI would lose heal all together, it's the most useless skill as mana potions are cheap and there is no cooldown to use them. But other than that your build should work more or less - on the next respec though, play around and see what really works for you.

That's how i found my build and i wouldn't trade it for the world, unless sts gets around to fixing the problems with heal. In which case i'd consider it depending on what they did to improve it.

Newcomx
01-28-2014, 03:19 AM
I would lose heal all together, it's the most useless skill as mana potions are cheap and there is no cooldown to use them. But other than that your build should work more or less - on the next respec though, play around and see what really works for you.

That's how i found my build and i wouldn't trade it for the world, unless sts gets around to fixing the problems with heal. In which case i'd consider it depending on what they did to improve it.

IMO.. If in a party, Sorc heal is needed so warr can concentrate on maintaining other party life, and others can concentrate on killing the enemy, not bothered all the time by pressing mana or health pot.

Wutzgood
01-28-2014, 10:40 AM
IMO.. If in a party, Sorc heal is needed so warr can concentrate on maintaining other party life, and others can concentrate on killing the enemy, not bothered all the time by pressing mana or health pot.

Honestly for pve if a Mage or rogue carries heal it's making the team less effective. They would be better off with any other skill. Mages could have an extra attack or shield and the whole team would benefit more from it then heal. Same goes for rogues except that they have smoke, etc instead of shield.

Potions are instant and cheap. The only reason a warriors heal is good is because it taunts and gives the whole team an invincibility shield. Plus warriors require the least amount of concentration and do the least amount of damage so occasionally hitting the potion button won't effect the party at all.

Newcomx
01-29-2014, 03:51 AM
Honestly for pve if a Mage or rogue carries heal it's making the team less effective. They would be better off with any other skill. Mages could have an extra attack or shield and the whole team would benefit more from it then heal. Same goes for rogues except that they have smoke, etc instead of shield.

Potions are instant and cheap. The only reason a warriors heal is good is because it taunts and gives the whole team an invincibility shield. Plus warriors require the least amount of concentration and do the least amount of damage so occasionally hitting the potion button won't effect the party at all.

This is why i keep Heal, i want a team work, as I use warr too. If in a team, i want the warrior only concentrate on taunt and keep everybody alive, so I always want warrior to pay attention to other health not their mana, and sorc part to pay attention to other mana + mana over time especially warr, because Warr don't have mana alot. So, if there is no sorc to fulfill their mana, warr will press mana pot too often, sometimes between casting skill. But mana still needed if Sorc heal not ready to cast again.

Of course if warr only pay attention to his health, then only take the least amount of concentration.

Heal not needed if a team don't use tank IMO..

utpal
01-29-2014, 11:16 AM
war doesn't need mana from sorc. any war can gain mana by jst using this combo vb +HoR. or VB+Jugg or VB+Wm. I hate healer sorc as they pulls aggro and dies.

Wutzgood
01-29-2014, 01:06 PM
I use all 3 classes but when I'm a warrior and I see a Mage use heal I just think how much better they would be with another attack.

My Mage runs 4 attack skills (fire, ice, clock and lightning) and the damage I put out firing all 4 spells one after another is amazing. I just had to learn to dodge and stay away from red zones so I don't get Ohko.

Striderevil
01-29-2014, 02:35 PM
war doesn't need mana from sorc. any war can gain mana by jst using this combo vb +HoR. or VB+Jugg or VB+Wm. I hate healer sorc as they pulls aggro and dies.

Sorc does not have aggro. So if war does not use aggro then they cant blame a sorc. that heal causes aggros lol. VB depends on how powerful its enemy is so for boss maybe useful but normal and elite mobs useless. Most cases War will run out of mana unless they have a mana regen pet.

will0
01-29-2014, 07:59 PM
i like frost it holds the mobs in place without needing the charging, time shift is good for AOE.... but lower damage and charging skills is needed for DOT.

Newcomx
01-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Sorc does not have aggro. So if war does not use aggro then they cant blame a sorc. that heal causes aggros lol. VB depends on how powerful its enemy is so for boss maybe useful but normal and elite mobs useless. Most cases War will run out of mana unless they have a mana regen pet.

Yes... where's this idea come from, Sorc pull aggro because they attack it, not by because of the skill, that why warr use taunt...

Newcomx
01-29-2014, 10:30 PM

VB gain mana + health is a chance, not all the time... and not too many

Striderevil
01-30-2014, 12:40 AM
Yes... where's this idea come from, Sorc pull aggro because they attack it, not by because of the skill, that why warr use taunt...

Again why will they attack the skill of a mage who heals party unless the skill has taunt? The only reason a mage is attacked is if he rushes a mob first before a war.. Skill heal means nothing. If a mage uses pet skill especially Abbadons arcane then he will get attacked like taunt from the entire mob. Otherwise wars have 2-3 skills with taunt because they are tanks and are supposed to taunt and heal while mage does mob clearanse

Otahaanak
01-30-2014, 01:16 AM
Again why will they attack the skill of a mage who heals party unless the skill has taunt? The only reason a mage is attacked is if he rushes a mob first before a war.. Skill heal means nothing.

Mage skill also has a heal over time component that WILL pull aggro unless STS has patched it recently.

Striderevil
01-30-2014, 01:52 AM
Mage skill also has a heal over time component that WILL pull aggro unless STS has patched it recently.

No one uses it as it says +10 for 10 seconds which means 100 hp extra. Even pets heal at a better regen rate lol.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Newcomx
01-30-2014, 02:49 AM
No one uses it as it says +10 for 10 seconds which means 100 hp extra. Even pets heal at a better regen rate lol.

Waste of skill point if sorc use heal over time upgrade..

Wutzgood
01-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Waste of skill point if sorc use heal over time upgrade..

It's a waste of skill points putting any points in heal for pve. Honestly if a warrior lacks the concentration to hit the mana potion button occasionally they most likely need to work on their playing skills. They should also never try the other classes since you have to be constantly ready to hit the potion button anytime you get hit or you may be killed by the next hit. Playing as a warrior is like playing on easy mode to begin with so learn to use potions to be the best player you can be.

Striderevil
01-30-2014, 07:49 PM
It's a waste of skill points putting any points in heal for pve. Honestly if a warrior lacks the concentration to hit the mana potion button occasionally they most likely need to work on their playing skills. They should also never try the other classes since you have to be constantly ready to hit the potion button anytime you get hit or you may be killed by the next hit. Playing as a warrior is like playing on easy mode to begin with so learn to use potions to be the best player you can be.

Sorcerer the topic is sorcerer

Newcomx
01-30-2014, 10:05 PM

He have different playstyle... i'm like supporting role for sorc, i like more team play where each team taking care or each other to get best result... and as i play warr.. i dont press mana pot ocassionally if sorc don't use their heal, I press each after cast skill.. so not ocassionally, unless i changed my gear by adding Int and sacrificing str that add defense.

Sorcerie
01-31-2014, 09:40 AM
Mages are not mana teets for warriors and rouges to suckle on, and it annoys me to no end when I see them begging for it.

Learn to be independent on runs and use pots - I'm not going to stop and tell people on every run that I'm not a mana fountain. You should be able to adapt instantly to any PUG because you don't know what build they are working with and chances are you're not going to have enough time to figure it out. Mana pots are cheap, 1400 gold gets your 200, which should last you a couple of hours if you're a decent player with good battle practices and timing.

If you prefer to have a more communal play style then stick to running with guild mates who can give you the support you need, not everyone in the game is gonna cater to your mana starvation.

utpal
02-01-2014, 09:20 AM

u haven't played lvl30+ mage. at this lvl it heals about 100+ HP per second for 10sec. it means 1000+ hp (depends upon ur dmg and bonus dmg) only MP regen upgrade is useless as it heals only 50-60mp per sec for 5s

utpal
02-01-2014, 09:26 AM
VB gain mana + health is a chance, not all the time... and not too many

nope. it is not chance. it is consistent . more number of enemies effected by vb greater is its effectiveness. I use vb where there r large group.
and that group get affected by vb and when atcks i regain MP and HP. although MP is little but it is alot for war. one mob gives 70-80mp when atck bt when groups atcks my MP bar get filled instantly.

utpal
02-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Mages are not mana teets for warriors and rouges to suckle on, and it annoys me to no end when I see them begging for it.

Learn to be independent on runs and use pots - I'm not going to stop and tell people on every run that I'm not a mana fountain. You should be able to adapt instantly to any PUG because you don't know what build they are working with and chances are you're not going to have enough time to figure it out. Mana pots are cheap, 1400 gold gets your 200, which should last you a couple of hours if you're a decent player with good battle practices and timing.

If you prefer to have a more communal play style then stick to running with guild mates who can give you the support you need, not everyone in the game is gonna cater to your mana starvation.

I m fully independent war and m not dependent on sorc for healing HP or MP. coz ik how to regain MP by using vb :). lifegiver is useless skill better use shield or another offensive skill unless u pvp

Otahaanak
02-01-2014, 10:33 AM

Agreed.

otb
02-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Sorc attracts aggro because of DOT of fire, ice and timeshift. When you use these DOTs all at the same time, those mobs that don't get stunned/frozen/rooted (evil rogues & black skeletons for example) will really run after sorcs.

Wutzgood
02-02-2014, 12:55 PM
I was helping a guild mate out yesterday beating overgrowth and he had 2 others (warrior and rogue) already there. We get to boss and the whole time both the warrior and rogue sit there with empty mana meters and beg the whole fight for mana. Neither used a single mana potion the whole fight. My reaction was to ignore them and just solo the boss while they sat there with no mana. Reminded me of this topic.

Worst players I've ever played with. Just heal your own mana and let me blast away with my 4 attack skills. Don't rely on others to keep your meters filled.

Newcomx
02-03-2014, 01:33 AM
nope. it is not chance. it is consistent . more number of enemies effected by vb greater is its effectiveness. I use vb where there r large group.
and that group get affected by vb and when atcks i regain MP and HP. although MP is little but it is alot for war. one mob gives 70-80mp when atck bt when groups atcks my MP bar get filled instantly.

As i read this, and i try VB, and its a change. Red number come out more often than blue and green number... that mean everytime we get hit and received damage, not always gain life or mana.... cmiiw

Swoozay
02-03-2014, 01:51 AM
Everyone has their own playstyle, you guys don't think heal is useful, he does. Respect how he feels even if you disagree and stop arguing lol. This thread is about time shift vs frostbolt people. As for the real topic of this thread. If you are not using both, i would say time shift is much superior imo :)

Newcomx
02-03-2014, 01:52 AM
As i read this, and i try VB, and its a change. Red number come out more often than blue and green number... that mean everytime we get hit and received damage, not always gain life or mana.... cmiiw

I mean it's a chance to gain life or mana..

Newcomx
02-03-2014, 01:55 AM
Everyone has their own playstyle, you guys don't think heal is useful, he does. Respect how he feels even if you disagree and stop arguing lol. This thread is about time shift vs frostbolt people. As for the real topic of this thread. If you are not using both, i would say time shift is much superior imo :)

I think time shift more superior for damage, but i use frost defense purpose...