PDA

View Full Version : PVP/PVE 5 skill build

Zliffer
01-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi guys, is just my perspective and a way to know your viewpoint about this kind of build and, to know if is possible to got a nice performance at high lvls (35+)

Im just thinking on a build that could run WT, haunlet, etc. that could get bosses and go to pvp too.

it could be something like:

Actives
Fire (4/5) - scrotch
Ice (4/5)* - patch
Time (3/5) - bomb - dodge
Shield (4/5)* - knock back
Light (3/5) - AOE - stun

Passives
INT,STR,DEX*

Stats = all int*

Well, at this point i have some doubts about some points marked with a *

1. The ice AOE upgrade does work? i had read in some post that it does AOE damage and freeze the near targets still without the upgrade.
2. Shield vs Heal? Shield is a must have in both cases (pve-pvp) but i dont know if in elites the shiled is more usefull than Heal because the max amount of damage taked.
3. In passive skills, is DEX better that CRIT? i see that DEX gives some hp and damage
4. One thing that i hates of sorc is the frailty (low hp and armor) and i dont know yet if is better a full int stat build or a 5int/1str build for more resistence.
5. About the gears, is better to supply the low hp of sorc with all the gears? i mean, ever looking for increase the hp?

Thanks in advance for all your constructive comments!

drgrimmy
01-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Frost will freeze/slow multiple targets when used charged even without the aoe upgrade. For it to freeze multiple targets instead of slow you have to be practically mele range (I don't know why it works this way but it does). Furthermore if you get the dot upgrade, all targets frozen/slowed will take dot while they are frozen/slowed even without the aoe uprade. I believe that the only thing the aoe upgrade does is to give you the chance of the initial damage upon impact as an aoe.

In terms of shield vs heal.... in pvp if you are just doing 1v1 battles you may be able to get by with just shield. Actually many successful 1v1 builds are without heal. Pvp is much easier with heal until you know what you are doing. Plus heal is much more helpful when you are in group battles to play more of a support role, healing and giving mana to your teamates. Heal is pretty much a waste in pve except as a pot sparing/gold saving skill.

I prefer dex for the extra health, but some sorcerers swear by the crit upgrade to make you lightening that much more devastating.

Go full int.