PDA

View Full Version : Armor set bonuses.

Titanfall
01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Now to start off I am in NO WAY saying that STS should use this idea and that its an amazing idea, I just want to let everyone know whatbI think. I thought it'd be cool if armor had a 'Set bonus' So if you wear a armor set of some sort, e.g Architect set. You get the set bonus which is something like 5%speed or 10int or 5str etc. To find out what the set bonus is you just click the armor and it may say something like 'Set bonus:+5dex 1%crit' I think this is a good idea because it could change the way you farm gear. People who are bored could try to farm for gear that has a really sweet set bonus. So this could possibly encourage people to farm and merch more, so they wont be as bored. If you think this is a good idea please share it. Please tell me what you guys think and leave your feedback, Thank you for reading.

Titanfall
01-27-2014, 04:08 PM
I also know that armor pieces give like 5dex and stuff. But if you wear the whole set you get a special bonus for having the full set on. If you have a architect helm and a mythic chest, you will not get any set bonus because your not wearing a armor set

Temarichan
01-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Yeah that is a good idea. It's certainly needs a little planning though. Perhaps if someone had a really good armor but bad helm that matches with it, idk what would happen lol. Some combinations of gears can be quite powerful. I guess it depends on the gear.

I can't explain sorry xD but that's a good idea Reborn \(^0^)/

phillyr
01-27-2014, 04:46 PM
I love it +1 from me. That would open a whole new world of farming different sets of armor and weapons. Prople would use more rhan jus one set of armor for everything. A set for elite with more health and armor, a set for reg levels eith mana regen. The possibilities are endless really. Id rather see this than the gem upgrade junk thats implemented now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
01-27-2014, 05:07 PM
This was always an interesting part of Pocket Legends as every expansion had a "set" where you would get a set bonus if you had all 3 or 4 pieces of the "set". The problem is that there was no flexibility allowed. You were not able to mix and match gear, so every player had the same exact gear always. I think the current system in AL is much better and allows us all to customize our gear to our liking.

I suppose maybe having a matching helm and armor could have a set bonus. But do not make it so that all 5 items must be matching.

Bless
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
This was always an interesting part of Pocket Legends as every expansion had a "set" where you would get a set bonus if you had all 3 or 4 pieces of the "set". The problem is that there was no flexibility allowed. You were not able to mix and match gear, so every player had the same exact gear always. I think the current system in AL is much better and allows us all to customize our gear to our liking.

I suppose maybe having a matching helm and armor could have a set bonus. But do not make it so that all 5 items must be matching.

Most of us (atleast rogues) strive for mythic sets so most rogues want to/have the same gear

Energizeric
01-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Most of us (atleast rogues) strive for mythic sets so most rogues want to/have the same gear

Yes, but I think the OP was referring not just to mythics but to having every "set" have some sort of bonus. He brings up Architect set as an example. Lots of players like to mix and match components of different sets. For example, maybe your helm would be Tarlok of Fitness to have higher armor, but your armor would be Tarlok of Potency for the higher damage. I think this sort of thing should be encouraged, and making a set bonus only for having a full set of matching components means you have to choose one way or the other and it will discourage mixing and matching, and in the end the variety of builds will be decreased which I think is a bad thing.

Yes, everyone wants mythic, but most players do not have full mythic, and even most players who have a mythic item are not full mythic. So for most there is some sort of mixing and matching. Even for myself I don't currently have a mythic amulet and I'm instead using a legendary one, and lots of players use archon rings. And that is just mentioning the more pro players. Most players do not have full mythic not by choice, but because they cannot afford to.

Titanfall
01-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Madnex
01-27-2014, 09:53 PM
As long as this doesn't plainly buff up those with mythic sets I think it'd be a nice thing to add. Also, apart from statistical buff, a set could offer cool visual effects like it has been in previous STS games. :)

Kuragasi
01-28-2014, 12:52 AM
Good idea, I've seem it done in many games and if gives you that little extra incentive to accomplish something.