PDA

View Full Version : Server Ping bad lately?

LordDravek
01-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Server ping was bad tonight. Last update took a long time to finish. My ping has been jumping from 26 to 60k constantly. it makes playing and helping people a real pain.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone else was feeling the redness of frowns. :-(

Day 1: Ping Monster
Day 2: Lagville
Day 3: Lag, game crash, Facebook login doesn't work. Game is now freezing at login as if server was down or IP is blocked. Tried three different IP addresses and two different networks. No luck.
Day 3 update: and...it starts partially working as I'm going to bed. Lol.

ancestor
01-27-2014, 08:57 PM
"Mentally Challenge" Is The Correct Term.

LordDravek
01-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Second night. Ping still fluctuating from 54 to 36k. It's fine during the day while I'm at work, unfortunately this is not my peak game time. Im on comcast. I tried the neighbors on AT&T, same results. My brother is on Verizon FIOS, same results. I guess it's a problem in the hops. :-/

VenomsChaos
01-28-2014, 08:48 PM
me and a friend ( we comed al from pl together and we live different country ) have lag last week.. this is the reason we playing PL last days... AL lag us but pl ok.. maybe lag reason is updates coz a new cap on way :) but till lag problem solve we are ok in PL coz lag really stressing me...

( my friend list 20-100, ignore list 5, request 0... my friend have 12-13 friend only without any ignores to + we are not in any guild ) <<< writed this info because i read on other a topic so much friend / guild member can be lag reason.. so u are not alone on lag and in dungeons u can see so much ppl keep saying " lag lag lag " lets hope stg gonna fix it asap

Ebezaanec
01-28-2014, 08:54 PM
"Mentally Challenge" Is The Correct Term.

I believe it would actually be "Social Outcast." After all, Server is having a hard time making connections.

GoodSyntax
01-28-2014, 08:58 PM

I've noticed the lag the past week or so. Sometimes its annoying, other times, it has made the game unplayable. The ping spikes seem random. I can be tooling along with a terrific double digit ping, then all of a sudden, 4k and I'm overwhelmed by Necromancers, Vines, Wolves, Skeletons and Purple Goo

:-\

LordDravek
01-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Might be time for a server reset or change. A lot of people experiencing this. Im losing interest in playing after 6 months and constant every day entertainment. Oh well... ill give it til this weekend. If its still laggy... time to move on for a bit

Jig
01-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Who doesn't lag? Spike I mean, mostly spiking, for me mostly when I'm in KM3 doing big pulls and attacking a lot all the same time makes it spike up a lot every now and again.

LordDravek
01-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Who doesn't lag? Spike I mean, mostly spiking, for me mostly when I'm in KM3 doing big pulls and attacking a lot all the same time makes it spike up a lot every now and again.
I dont mind a little lag, but when you walk through a dungeon ( 10 steps) and then have to wait 3-4 minutes to take a few more steps, and this is happening on a constant basis from 3 different providers who have an extremely good ping rate, it's pretty exhausting. especially when your ping rate is normally under 200 and has been under 200 for the past six months.

this lag and ping issue has been happening to a lot of users. it seems more so since the last update.

Ive never seen or had this problem in the many months ive been playing until recently, so it could be a hop issue. But i would like sts to look into it and insure the problem is not on their side. That would be some relief.

Sheener
01-28-2014, 11:23 PM
I havent been lagging more than normal

Zylx
01-28-2014, 11:40 PM
I dont have hardly any lag, unless it's when my phone's monthly data usage gets high and my company slows my speed. Idk, maybe it's because i live relatively close to STS (United States)? My ping seems to stay at 2-300 with no serious lag/dc

moot
01-29-2014, 12:06 AM
2 weeks ago I blame another thread OP because he's lagging. But now the lag is unbearable.

Jig
01-29-2014, 01:38 AM
I dont have hardly any lag, unless it's when my phone's monthly data usage gets high and my company slows my speed. Idk, maybe it's because i live relatively close to STS (United States)? My ping seems to stay at 2-300 with no serious lag/dc
2?!?? Thats your lowest ping!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

ThePvpTwink
01-29-2014, 01:47 AM
Lol, I'm usually in 130-300ping, with the occasional spike to 120k ping and dc. Not having much lag issues here

becky_xil
01-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Well normaly my ping around 150-310.. and now 299-680.. my internet connection is unlimited data.. so no issue with data usage.. but still.. sts remain silent

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Zeus
01-29-2014, 02:23 AM
On college campus, my ping has been very erratic as of late as well. I don't know what they did to mess with the internet, but I get constant spikes to the point where I am barely able to play.

However, when I am at home, my ping is always always green and I rarely spike. So, I do not think it is a server issue, but an issue with your ISPs.

Perhaps check if these ISPs have AL firewalled or something? Falmear made a post on Comcast blocking AL's IP a few weeks ago. I suggest you check it out.

Zylx
01-29-2014, 02:38 AM
2?!?? Thats your lowest ping!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
200-300

Jig
01-29-2014, 10:33 AM
On college campus, my ping has been very erratic as of late as well. I don't know what they did to mess with the internet, but I get constant spikes to the point where I am barely able to play.

However, when I am at home, my ping is always always green and I rarely spike. So, I do not think it is a server issue, but an issue with your ISPs.

Perhaps check if these ISPs have AL firewalled or something? Falmear made a post on Comcast blocking AL's IP a few weeks ago. I suggest you check it out.

I think its more our internet to, was having some runs in km3, 2 players where saying they're spiking incredibly including me, yet there was this other guy saying he has a great steady 100 ping.

GoodSyntax
01-29-2014, 11:58 AM
I think its more our internet to, was having some runs in km3, 2 players where saying they're spiking incredibly including me, yet there was this other guy saying he has a great steady 100 ping.

The guy standing at the start of the map not doing anything always has the best ping :p

j3peaz
01-29-2014, 12:09 PM
I get laggy in towns and large crowds. Maybe has something to do with winter vortexes

LordDravek
01-31-2014, 08:03 PM
My login screen sits here. Buttons don't work. They just blink when you click.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/01/agu2azu5.jpg

nelson131
02-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Ping's very retarded lately........ Just got 30+ lag deaths at elite rooks nest. The map just freezes then everything happens in a second and u die. :( with 30k ping :-(
I'm not gonna do elite for this week

Jig
02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
I think Arcane Legends is getting so big (Very good obviously for sts ;) ;)) that the servers are starting to get overloaded ? I don't know just a guess

worshiped
02-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Same to me also hopped to 200k ping in 1 min very upsetting.

VenomsChaos
02-02-2014, 12:25 AM
i am not sure about lag reason but i am thinking there 3 reason can be..

1 = ping about different countrys

2 = new updates + new cap updates broke samething in game and its failed..

3 = AL population get bigger.. so much new player starting game + everyone keep createing so much alt character.. sts servers cant handle that much player + chars

i cant be know sure but i am believeing reason isnt just 1 part of my saids.. i believe reason is 1+2+3 <<

Yunfehn
02-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Yes the populations getting bigger. Pings getting insane. Causing me quit playing AL. Kinda inner torture for me :(

Plizz stg fix this. I wanna play back so bad :(((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk