PDA

View Full Version : YouTube?

SkullCrusher
01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Helloooo all you sexy people of the interwebs! Skull here and today and i was thinking....why do we keep asking STS staff for more excitement? They have a huge amount of work to do with sustaining, and creating new games, so i figured heck...why don't we, as the player base, as the community re-spark PL?! Here are some pretty good ideas i figured would be the best to spread Pocket Legends, and bringing life back to this original game!:

1) Youtube - I am working on creating a channel dedicated to DAILY Pocket legends montages/ lets plays/ tutorials/ contests/ updates/ pvp/ fun events!!!!! What are your guys thoughts on this? Please reply with "+1 Youtube" if you think this would be a good idea and add your own thoughts to this community project!

2) Advertising - instead of STS having to waste their money on ads, why don't we help them?! Some ways too do this:
- Mention it here and there at your school
- Tell your friends about it at lunch
- If you're playing different online games tell people to give PL a go and see if they enjoy it
- Post it on the "Off-Topic" section ( considering the forum has one ) and try to get more players into Pocket Legends!

These little things would greatly help the player base, more then you think! and it's FREE.

3) Give-aways/ helping! - Remember when you first started playing PL and thought "where am i...?" or "omg, which map do i go too" or even "which item am i supposed to buy?!" Well, helping the newer players can go a long way. Lets say you helped a newer player understands skills/stats and general PL and helped them level too something like L20. This player might then start getting some of his friends/family to start playing the game thus increasing the PL population, and possibly allowing STS too do more PL events knowing they will get a good pay for their bucks! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: If you think you're good with youtube art then please do pm so i can get the channel started, thanks! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED DAILY - IF YOU HAVE ANY OF YOUR OWN IDEAS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THEM DOWN BELOW! THANK YOU! :D

aav5224
01-28-2014, 07:21 PM
okie if your gonna make vids what editing soft wear r u gonz use , if u gonna use Imovie then is poop

SkullCrusher
01-28-2014, 07:23 PM
okie if your gonna make vids what editing soft wear r u gonz use , if u gonna use Imovie then is poop

English please xD jk, but in all seriousness, i will most likely find someone to edit the videos for me possibly, or something like that xD We'll see how it turns out though :D
~Skull.

Roberto077
01-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Helloooo all you sexy people of the interwebs! Skull here and today and i was thinking....why do we keep asking STS staff for more excitement? They have a huge amount of work to do with sustaining, and creating new games, so i figured heck...why don't we, as the player base, as the community re-spark PL?! Here are some pretty good ideas i figured would be the best to spread Pocket Legends, and bringing life back to this original game!:

1) Youtube - I am working on creating a channel dedicated to DAILY Pocket legends montages/ lets plays/ tutorials/ contests/ updates/ pvp/ fun events!!!!! What are your guys thoughts on this? Please reply with "+1 Youtube" if you think this would be a good idea and add your own thoughts to this community project!

2) Advertising - instead of STS having to waste their money on ads, why don't we help them?! Some ways too do this:
- Mention it here and there at your school
- Tell your friends about it at lunch
- If you're playing different online games tell people to give PL a go and see if they enjoy it
- Post it on the "Off-Topic" section ( considering the forum has one ) and try to get more players into Pocket Legends!

These little things would greatly help the player base, more then you think! and it's FREE.

3) Give-aways/ helping! - Remember when you first started playing PL and thought "where am i...?" or "omg, which map do i go too" or even "which item am i supposed to buy?!" Well, helping the newer players can go a long way. Lets say you helped a newer player understands skills/stats and general PL and helped them level too something like L20. This player might then start getting some of his friends/family to start playing the game thus increasing the PL population, and possibly allowing STS too do more PL events knowing they will get a good pay for their bucks! :D

P.S: If you think you're good with youtube art then please do pm so i can get the channel started, thanks! :D

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED DAILY - IF YOU HAVE ANY OF YOUR OWN IDEAS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST THEM DOWN BELOW! THANK YOU! :D

Keeping up a daily channel is a ton more work than you could think. All those famous (or even just daily) uploaders spend ~8 hours a day looking at the monitor, trying to make content that people would watch.

aav5224
01-28-2014, 07:27 PM
you shoulds get adobe premier pro, just serch it and u get a 30 day free trial and i didz that. im guud cauze i learn from skhool and i proz now.

SkullCrusher
01-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Keeping up a daily channel is a ton more work than you could think. All those famous (or even just daily) uploaders spend ~8 hours a day looking at the monitor, trying to make content that people would watch.

I'm up for it :D Btw, when i say daily i don't mean top notch, HD, 5 hour long, hollywood stuff lol.
I'm talking average, 20 minute long video, with some good editing to make it atleast decent :D
^^^ I doubt that will take 8 hours to be honest xD

Laar
01-28-2014, 07:34 PM

Btw, what happened to AL/PL? I alwaysed watched them in my free time

aw205
01-28-2014, 07:47 PM
I would love a youtube channel dedicated to PL!:smile: something i can enjoy while procrastinating....

Xyzther
01-28-2014, 10:19 PM

Yep @.@ that's why rob and I upload rarely

Roberto077
01-29-2014, 06:28 AM
I'm up for it :D Btw, when i say daily i don't mean top notch, HD, 5 hour long, hollywood stuff lol.
I'm talking average, 20 minute long video, with some good editing to make it atleast decent :D
^^^ I doubt that will take 8 hours to be honest xD

Daily? Yes.

Roberto077
01-29-2014, 06:29 AM
Btw, what happened to AL/PL? I alwaysed watched them in my free time

My Ipod stopped running the screen recorder and my computers internet broke down so it takes over a day to upload.

SayCreed
01-29-2014, 12:04 PM
If it would be Leveling video I would help I'm still 4 farming sum kills

IGN:Lellipop

Itoopeo
01-30-2014, 03:05 PM
And i need 2428xp till L73 im in add Devilfinn

Promagin
02-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Meh I'd probably make a daily video for pl if my ipad mini wasn't ios 7. I could always do the team viewer thing or whatever but I don't roll like that, anyway, adios.

Timelife
02-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Dear thread maker,

I'd say making a youtube channel is a good idea, i myself make pl vids somethimes when i have the time,
so i was thinking, for all of those of the pl community, we should make a guild for people that make vids and those who enjoy watching them.

For now i'll be making a tutorial/guide for new people that have gained levels of 43+, they might get stuck on AO III bosses, such as "The Galactic Overlord" wich happened to me in the early days, getting spawned by that alien-machine-shooting-electric-balls guy, even with a team they might get stuck on him.
Back to the point, i will make a guide for every AO III boss, with tips,tricks and more! this includes soloing the bosses (yeah so-lo-ing) and without any elixer! -- this is a way to keep the new people enjoying to play pocket legends--

Peace out!

IGN Storm
02-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Good intentions, wrong approach

At least the first idea is. As roberto mentioned, uploading a quality video every day takes time and dedication. If you can make one once a week, you should be proud.

The second idea is alright. But in reality, I don't think any of my friends would play PL. They're all addicted to PAD, LOL, and Flappy Bird XD.

The third idea is good. I believe Crimsontider tried something similar but didn't do too well(At least in my eyes).

Ape
02-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Making a 20 min montage wont be easy.
A 1 or 2 min montage already takes me hours to make.

SkullCrusher
02-09-2014, 09:50 PM

At least the first idea is. As roberto mentioned, uploading a quality video every day takes time and dedication. If you can make one once a week, you should be proud.

The second idea is alright. But in reality, I don't think any of my friends would play PL. They're all addicted to PAD, LOL, and Flappy Bird XD.

The third idea is good. I believe Crimsontider tried something similar but didn't do too well(At least in my eyes).

Thanks! :D and about the daily video uploading, check out a channel called "ShadyPenguinn" on Youtube.
He uploads TWO videos EVERY DAY, he goes to school, AND he has a job! Yet he still manages. How? Idk lol but if he can do that PLUS mantain a job, i think i could ATLEAST upload 1 video every 2 days xD

Caiahar
02-09-2014, 11:06 PM

Thanks! :D and about the daily video uploading, check out a channel called "ShadyPenguinn" on Youtube.
He uploads TWO videos EVERY DAY, he goes to school, AND he has a job! Yet he still manages. How? Idk lol but if he can do that PLUS mantain a job, i think i could ATLEAST upload 1 video every 2 days xD
Well, I looked over his channel, his videos seem to be from 15-30 min long, and they're Pokemon videos.
Pokemon videos are easy to record, they don't need that much editing I believe. He might have a powerful computer so he can upload it very fast.
2 videos a day: might be about 30 min or 1 hour of gameplay, some less or some more. People can have enough time to do things like that, especially if you're recording something easy.

AvidLegend
02-13-2014, 12:45 AM
I can make videos really easy if you send them to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xyzther
02-13-2014, 12:49 AM
One time I made a video